Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

TV Set : 11 Seasons of Frasier from buy.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-09, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TV Set : 11 Seasons of Frasier from buy.com

I just bought the 11 Season Set of Frasier for my 83 yr old Mother. My Father said she was watching one of the old episodes the other day, and was laughing, giggling, and having a great time.

I found the set at Amazon for $202.00. Buy.com has it for $177.00 (sorry, I can't post the URL yet) Buy.com's price was so good, I upgraded the free shipping to 2nd day delivery.

I received the Set, the 2nd day after I ordered it. Brand new as advertised, and in great shape. I previewed the 44 discs to make sure there were no glitches, and every disc plays fine. While previewing, i started to really enjoy this show. I do remember Frasier from years ago, but it was great to see it again. Once my Mother has seen all 264 episodes, I will beg her to loan me her Frasier Set.

So, I thought since i found this show to be very funny and such great entertainment, i would let you folks know.

Last edited by rxtian; 09-04-09 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-04-09, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: TV Set : 11 Seasons of Frasier from buy.com

[x] DVD
[ ] Bargain
Old 09-04-09, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was nice of you to let us know about something you thought was a bargain.
Welcome to the forum, and I hope you'll find more bargains to share and partake in in the future.

I'm afraid, though, that as JE succinctly said above, this wasn't really a bargain. Even just checking dvdpricesearch.com shows that this set is available for "only" $165 at DeepDiscount, also with free shipping (and you can get 4% cashback from Bing). I know it's been as low as about $120 at DeepDiscount (including that cashback), as posted in this forum by me a few months ago, and maybe there have been even better prices on the set.

Due to the age of your mother and the fact that she was enjoying it so much and you wanted to get it ASAP, I can understand your not wanting to wait for a better deal to roll around. However, I'm not sure the information was appropriate for this forum.
Old 09-05-09, 12:36 AM

Cheato : You were quite nice in your effort to educate me. I never thought of using the price search. I just used google. Now, thanks to you, I have a new weapon for my Bargain Hunting Arsenal.

For my Mom, you are right. $12.00 and some cents does not matter, and speed is important at that age. I do like a Bargain. Some shows I will wait months or years to get what I think is a great price.
Old 09-05-09, 08:07 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Also, please put a price in your thread title next time. Thanks, and welcome to the forum.