Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What movies do you remember seeing in your "dreams?"

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 08-31-09, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hulk
As I eagerly awaited the release of this film, I dreamed about seeing it in the theater and from what I remember, it was just so much more awesome than the actual Ang Lee version. There was actually action in my dream version! ha!

Surrogates
I dreamt about this one last night. I guess i'm pretty curious to see this film. I hope this film is good. My dream was sort of combined with Cameron's AVATAR though. In my dream, Bruce Willis had to get past some heavily guarded room, so he transfered his body (a la Avatar) into a small remote control action figure (a la Small Soldiers) whom was carrying a gatling gun and walked into that heavily guarded room blowing away all the guards (a la climax of Matrix). It was pretty awesome!

Tin Cup
Since this Kevin Costner film is one of the first films that I literally fell asleep to in the theater, I guess it's in my subconsious that I was so bored by this flick that this film (or some wacky version of it) always creeps into my movie theater dreams. I'm aware enough in my dream to avoid going into the theater if I see that this film is playing in a particular theater.

Superman Returns
A couple weeks before seeing Superman Returns, I had a dream that I saw this one. My dream movie version of this was basically some extended, wacky scenes of those Krypton scenes at the beginning of Superman 1 and Superman 2. I think the movie starred Marlon Brando and didn't even have Superman in it. And I still think that my dream version without Superman is better than the actual film.

And whenever I dream about movie theaters, there is usually a complex, confusing route of steep escalators in these movie theaters.

Anyone remember their movie theater dreams?
Old 08-31-09, 10:27 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: What movies do you remember seeing in your "dreams?"

for being such a movie-buff, its very vey rare for me to have a 'movie theatre' dream - as for movie-esque dreams, last night I had a dream where I was a giant milipede destroying some cars and chowing down on some boyscouts
Old 08-31-09, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 680 Likes on 419 Posts

Not for nothing, but in light of the subject header I really love "this website."
Old 08-31-09, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
Not for nothing, but in light of the subject header I really love "this website."
haha, that's a funny site! I think I subconsiously did that because I was trying to not confuse people with a "what would be your dream movie" thread as in "if you could make a movie, what would be your ideal or dream movie be?". So a quoted "dream" means real "dreams."
Old 08-31-09, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, a quoted dream would be your non-sleeping dreams...just the opposite of what you intended.
Old 08-31-09, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 680 Likes on 419 Posts

Given the assertion that the quotes imply an ironic intention, could it be that said "dreams" are in fact nightmares... or perhaps an understated yet altogether fervent subconscious yearning for abstract cinema? This *fascinates* me. You see,
Old 08-31-09, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts

I had a dream about Javier Bardem's Anton Chigurh before I ever saw No Country for Old Men. It was a nightmare really, Chigurh scared the hell out of me!
Old 08-31-09, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 210 Posts

I have lots of dreams where I'm watching movies, sometimes on TV, sometimes in theaters. I often have a dream where I'm in a theater waiting for a much-anticipated film to start and something keeps going wrong. I've had lots of dreams where I go back to New York's 42nd Street and find one of the old theaters there still open and still operating.

But to recall a specific movie I saw in my dreams? That's a tough one. I know I've had lots of Three Stooges dreams, including one where I appeared to be watching the Stooges on location shooting something. And another that takes off from STOOGEMANIA where I enter a house and there are three guys living in it who dress and act like the Stooges. I believe I had the dream BEFORE seeing the movie.

Last edited by Ash Ketchum; 08-31-09 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-31-09, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I remember having dreams about Scream 2 before seeing it.
Old 09-01-09, 03:33 AM

I remember really looking forward to The Lost World: Jurassic Park. I read the book and watched the trailers over and over again. When the movie was a few weeks a way, I remember watching a special where Spielberg said that the dinosaurs would be practical effects as much as possible and CG only where needed. Well, I guess it affected my dreams. A few days before the movie opened, I dreamt that I was in the theater on opening night. As the movie went on, it became obvious that the dinosaurs were actually just statues like you'd see at a park. They didn't move or even blink. The triceratops actually had a see-saw across its back, as if taken from a playground. The audience was going wild for the movie. And I remember I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought everyone around me was insane. This was the biggest piece of shit ever! When I woke up, I was covered in sweat and bitching out loud. Good thing I wasn't living with anyone or it would have been extremely embarrassing. The actual movie is kind of shitty, but at least it didn't feature a triceratops see-saw.
Old 09-01-09, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I remember dreaming that Alfonso Cuaron invited me to a special first cut showing of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and it was the best thing ever. We watched the film, and then discussed it in detail. Luckily the movie turned out great in real life.

Yes, I realize having dreams like that makes me weird.
Old 09-01-09, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Debbie Does Dallas
Old 09-01-09, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had this nightmare that ended up resembling The Bodyguard and the Whitney Houston song "I wanna dance with somebody" was playing and ever since then, I have never listened to Whitney Houston or watched the movie.
Old 09-01-09, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RD1973
The triceratops actually had a see-saw across its back, as if taken from a playground. The audience was going wild for the movie. And I remember I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought everyone around me was insane.
A see-saw! That's the sort of wacky shit that always happens in my movie dreams.