Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Rock Band: The Official Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Mad Dawg
11-25-09, 11:14 AM
Isn't studio Lithium in GH5?

No, it's Live. In fact, I think it's the same version coming to RB.

DVDChris
11-25-09, 11:47 AM
i'm very excited for Nirvana. Now there's zero reason for me to play GH5. heh

PerryD
11-25-09, 11:52 AM
Great news on the Nightranger pack, only need the two hits. Hopefully this means they'll continue with more neglected mid-80s rock groups (how about Scorpions next?!!)

Mad Dawg
11-25-09, 12:35 PM
Oh my lord. HMX posted an interview with John Fogerty. The interviewer only mentions "Fortunate Son" already being in the game, but if this means more CCR/solo DLC, I'm gonna pass out.

http://www.rockband.com/zine/john-fogerty-interview

DaveWadding
11-25-09, 01:09 PM
SLTS + Rock in America :up:

Hokeyboy
11-25-09, 02:57 PM
At least Harmonix is consistent in picking the wrong songs for the right artists.
If you're referring to Night Ranger, "clearly" you're wrong. Rock In America and Don't Tell Me You Love Me are a zillion times better than Sister Christian.

In the case of Nirvana, I think they did OK.

Artman
11-25-09, 06:05 PM
So, do we have confirmation that the Old Navy LRB freebie is the real deal? (boxes look the same on the commercials I see). Undecided on going for it... to be there at 3 and not get it would suck.

Liver&Onions
11-25-09, 06:16 PM
So, do we have confirmation that the Old Navy LRB freebie is the real deal? (boxes look the same on the commercials I see). Undecided on going for it... to be there at 3 and not get it would suck.

I don't imagine hundreds of thousands of dollars of advertising costs would be spent for something that's fake.

I wonder how limited the supplies are though.

pinata242
11-25-09, 07:10 PM
The commercials say extremely limited supplies. The process was already detailed in this thread about wristbands and what-not.

pinata242
11-26-09, 08:59 PM
I scored a couple of DLC cards at Old Navy today. Apparently I got there after the promotion. I guess they were giving out ON cards that you could win a Rock Band DLC card (with code for www.rockband.com/oldnavy).

I asked if I could have what they didn't give away and the manager said he had to hold them for a promotion in "2 weeks or something". Fine print is confusing on the card here, so I'll let you read it. Looks like there might be two more days to go back to ON to get these cards:

Offer valid while supplies last only on 12/09/2009 and 12/16/2009 at Old Navy stores in the US and Canada only (yes, it says only twice), excluding Quebec. etc, etc, etc...

pinata242
11-26-09, 09:04 PM
Just got all my codes emailed. Just like the Energizer promotion, they're straight-up 160 point codes (for the 360). Not sure how that works on the PS3, but Wii will probably be 200 points.

MookieNJ
11-26-09, 09:25 PM
I'd just be happy to see a nice $30 or $35 deal on Lego Rock Band!

darkside
11-27-09, 12:31 AM
The commercials say extremely limited supplies. The process was already detailed in this thread about wristbands and what-not.
I'm going to take a shot this morning and see if I can get a copy. I loved the game after renting it, but considering it sold less than 50 thousand copies I'm assuming it will be $20 before too long anyway.

tlwizard
11-27-09, 03:11 AM
Woo-hoo!

Free Lego Rock Band!

I was 6th in line. And they in no way had 50 copies to hand out. They seemed to have more Wii copies than PS3 or 360. 360 had the second most and PS3 seemed to have the least. There were also a number of people in line who didn't even know about it, but got it anyways. The woman in front of me had her two children with her, they just wanted to buy fleeces. Each of them got a wristband however, and they walked away with 3 Wii copies. But out of the 60 or so people in line, only about 4 walked away when the lady said they were all out of the LRB wristbands.

Yay! (Got myself a hoodie and a button down and LRB. $25. Great deal!)

Michael Corvin
11-27-09, 06:15 AM
That's one thing I don't get about Black Friday. There is no reason one person should be allowed to walk away with three copies. Had that not happened only a couple of people would have walked away disappointed.

Roybq
11-27-09, 08:43 AM
That's one thing I don't get about Black Friday. There is no reason one person should be allowed to walk away with three copies. Had that not happened only a couple of people would have walked away disappointed.

Especially in their fine print it specifically said one wristband per family. I was only 30th in line and I missed out. They weren't kidding about the extremely limited. I figured that I had a shot with the number of families present in front of me, but apparently they did the same thing at my nearby Old Navy.

Copper Blue
11-27-09, 08:51 AM
Looks like HMX has buzzkilled me yet again, as the 2 good Night Ranger songs for next week will be re-records. Is it me or does it seem like we are getting a TON of alternate/live versions of songs lately? It seems like every week my reaction to DLC is "OMG THIS IS SO AMAZING I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY GOT-...oh crap".

It wouldn't be such a big deal if there weren't 8 TRILLION SONGS in the historical musical universe to choose from. Surely they can find enough with usable orignal masters to have originals every week.

Sorry to rant, I was just really excited for Night Ranger.

Shagrath
11-27-09, 09:04 AM
Pretty much all of the re-records so far have been fantastic. The REO/Styx stuff in particular was superb. I think the only time I've been disappointed by an alternate version was for Last Resort.

Would you rather these song just never be released at all so that you can bitch about how they aren't being released, and it's shit you really want to play? Or would you rather them go back to cover versions for songs with unusable masters? Having a band come in and do a re-record specifically for the game is fucking amazing.

Hokeyboy
11-27-09, 10:49 AM
Looks like HMX has buzzkilled me yet again, as the 2 good Night Ranger songs for next week will be re-records. Is it me or does it seem like we are getting a TON of alternate/live versions of songs lately? It seems like every week my reaction to DLC is "OMG THIS IS SO AMAZING I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY GOT-...oh crap".

It wouldn't be such a big deal if there weren't 8 TRILLION SONGS in the historical musical universe to choose from. Surely they can find enough with usable orignal masters to have originals every week.

Sorry to rant, I was just really excited for Night Ranger.
I hear you, but it's possible that the original masters are no longer available and thus there'd be no way to create RB stems. Or the owners of the masters refuse to give them up or want more $$$. Or the band doesn't get any revenue from the old recording and have more control over a new one.

Either way, Blades and company are such talented singers/musicians that I have faith in the re-record.

tlwizard
11-27-09, 11:55 AM
Especially in their fine print it specifically said one wristband per family. I was only 30th in line and I missed out. They weren't kidding about the extremely limited. I figured that I had a shot with the number of families present in front of me, but apparently they did the same thing at my nearby Old Navy.And in the fineprint it says over 16 and the girls in front of me were 12, maybe 13.

It was sort of funny though to see the people get out of line and run to their cars. I'm sure they were trying to bust ass down to the other Old Navy a few miles away. (However that one was by a TRU, so I'm positive it would be more packed.)

Copper Blue
11-27-09, 12:15 PM
Either way, Blades and company are such talented singers/musicians that I have faith in the re-record.

I'd agree with you if original lead guitarrist Jeff Watson wasn't fired by the band in 2007... I'm fearful that the solos will not be up to par. I hope HMX proves me wrong.

Canis Firebrand
11-27-09, 12:16 PM
I was in line at one and there were a ton of people. They ran out of wrist bands, so I did not get a game.
What sucks is that I heard a number of people in line that said they didn't even want the game and they were just going to use it to trade in or return to a store for something they wanted.

Looking at eBay today, there are 2 pages of "new/sealed" lego rock band up for sale newly listed. So, it seems greedy people took it upon themselves to get a free item and then find a way to exhange it for an item they wanted. All the while taking it away from people that actually wanted the game.

Liver&Onions
11-27-09, 12:29 PM
I was in line at one and there were a ton of people. They ran out of wrist bands, so I did not get a game.
What sucks is that I heard a number of people in line that said they didn't even want the game and they were just going to use it to trade in or return to a store for something they wanted.

Looking at eBay today, there are 2 pages of "new/sealed" lego rock band up for sale newly listed. So, it seems greedy people took it upon themselves to get a free item and then find a way to exhange it for an item they wanted. All the while taking it away from people that actually wanted the game.

sWS-FoXbjVI

Canis Firebrand
11-27-09, 12:33 PM
Yeah... People suck.

Even worse was the families getting multiple copies when it clearly stated 1 per family, as someone else posted above.
Combined with the stores not getting more then 20 of each platform and advertising the hell out of it on xbox and tv = epic fail.

Oh well... I'm sure the game will be in target's bargin bins soon enough.. Maybe I can pick it up cheap then.

Amator
11-27-09, 12:49 PM
I scored a 360 copy of LRB today. The first ON I drove by at 1:30 already had 30+ people in line, but I made a mad dash to the other end of town. That ON only had 10 people in line at that point (1:55) so I got my copy with no problem.

I also picked up a free AC/DC Track Pack by purchasing the Country Track Pack at Game Stop today.

So...not counting the slippers I bought for the ON deal I got 84 tracks for $20 today.

Decker
11-27-09, 01:24 PM
Glad to see some of you got in on the deal. :up: It was too early and too risky for me to try, but to those that did, it's a hell of a score.

Hokeyboy
11-27-09, 01:40 PM
I'd agree with you if original lead guitarrist Jeff Watson wasn't fired by the band in 2007... I'm fearful that the solos will not be up to par. I hope HMX proves me wrong.
FWIW I haven't heard the new guy (or any of the band's new material since, oh, let's say 1988) but apparently he does Watson's 8-finger-tapping technique quite well, according to Guitar World. We shall see.

darkside
11-27-09, 02:33 PM
I went 2 hours early and got LRB. I think the wristbands ran out about 10 people after me. I also bought Rockband Unplugged for $20 and got a free RB guitar. Overall I really can't complain and it was worth standing in line.

GuessWho
11-27-09, 11:06 PM
I got 84 tracks for $20 today.
$30... it'll cost ya $10 to import the LRB stuff ;)

Amator
11-28-09, 04:09 PM
$30... it'll cost ya $10 to import the LRB stuff ;)

True. Still a great deal, though. :D

pinata242
11-30-09, 09:31 AM
Buy.com has a decent Cyber Monday deal: http://www.buy.com/prod/rock-band-wireless-guitar-for-xbox-360/q/loc/108/206855118.html?adid=17070

Michael Corvin
11-30-09, 09:43 AM
*note* It's the Rock Band 1 wireless guitar.

flashburn
11-30-09, 10:34 AM
*note* It's the Rock Band 1 wireless guitar.

RB 1 had a Wireless guitar for the 360? I wasn't aware of that. Certainly they didn't at RB1 launch.

DaveWadding
11-30-09, 10:38 AM
Yeah they did. They just didn't put it in the bundle.

Shagrath
12-01-09, 05:57 AM
Since some were complaining about the Night Ranger re-records, here they are.

hk4MoMUFIXI
uSXLCbBRBkY

Sound pretty good to me, but then again I haven't heard the original a billion times like some of you have.

pinata242
12-01-09, 10:20 AM
I thought the re-records sounded amazing, but I'm also not a NR expert. Not sure I'll get any of those and the solos look like nightmares for a noob like me.

Mad Dawg
12-01-09, 11:07 AM
Yeah, the re-records are awesome, very faithful to the originals, and freaking hard as crap. I failed both once before hoarding overdrive for as long as humanly possible. It was very humbling after GSing all of the Nirvana tracks.

Michael Corvin
12-01-09, 12:47 PM
Anyone here still need Lego Rock Band?

Add Lego: RockBand (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=200676) and AC/DC RockBand (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=200009) to your cart on Gamestop.com and get them both for $24.99. Lego comes up as $24.99 and AC/DC comes up Free.

Canis Firebrand
12-01-09, 12:50 PM
I had AC/DC ready. But I suppose I could sell it... $25 for Lego Rockband is not a bad deal.

Artman
12-01-09, 12:56 PM

Add Lego: RockBand (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=200676) and AC/DC RockBand (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=200009) to your cart on Gamestop.com and get them both for $24.99. Lego comes up as $24.99 and AC/DC comes up Free.

Hmm, shows $49.99 for me...

pinata242
12-01-09, 12:56 PM
Rock Band Twitter 'Zine pimpin' again.

Snoop Dogg's album drops next Tuesday.

Coincidence?

Canis Firebrand
12-01-09, 12:57 PM

Add both to your cart and it should show a $25 discount and then $19.99 discount.

Here is my order confirmation.

Rock Band: AC/DC Track Pack Xbox 360 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours $19.99
Rock Band: LEGO Xbox 360 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours $49.99

Shipping Method:
USA Value - $0.00 - Allow 5-10 business days for transit & 2 business days for processing.

$69.98

BF10 - Free AC/DC Track Pack with purchase of any new rockband title. - Rock Band: AC/DC Track Pack
- $19.99
BF11 - Buy any new in-stock Xbox 360 game, get 50% off any new Xbox 360 Family Game. - Rock Band: LEGO
- $25.00

Sub-Total: $24.99

Handling: $2.99
- $2.99

Estimated Tax: $1.50

Order Total: $26.49

Michael Corvin
12-01-09, 01:38 PM

Reading is key. ;)

Credit goes to CAG, per usual.

The Dude
12-01-09, 01:38 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. Wasn't really planning on buying either, but at that price, it's kind of hard to pass up.

Adam Tyner
12-01-09, 02:17 PM
D'oh. Missed out. Can't add any of the AC/DC packs to my cart.

Shagrath
12-01-09, 03:07 PM
Rock Band Twitter 'Zine pimpin' again.

Snoop Dogg's album drops next Tuesday.

Coincidence?

If we don't get the Pantera stuff next week, HMX fails.

pinata242
12-01-09, 03:13 PM
Why's that?

UncleGramps
12-01-09, 03:16 PM
I'm crossing my fingers for Snoop next week! :banana:

devilshalo
12-01-09, 04:09 PM
AC/DC is not currently available online.

xmiyux
12-01-09, 05:17 PM
I'm crossing my fingers for Snoop next week! :banana:

Me too!

Snoop would be fun.

Artman
12-01-09, 05:33 PM
Reading is key.

I added the items to my cart as directed, but it was only for the 360 versions.

Shagrath
12-01-09, 05:38 PM
Why's that?

To commemorate Dimebag Darrell's life. He died on Dec. 8th.

Imprint
12-01-09, 07:08 PM
To commemorate Dimebag Darrell's life. He died on Dec. 8th.

They could easily do a six-pack from the first three albums, but I'd gladly take a three-pack of Walk, Mouth for War, and Hollow.

Liver&Onions
12-01-09, 07:19 PM
If we don't get La Bamba, Peggy Sue and Chantilly Lace on Feb 3rd then HMX fails.

Canis Firebrand
12-01-09, 07:21 PM
If we don't get La Bamba, Peggy Sue and Chantilly Lace on Feb 3rd then HMX fails.

:lol:

I'm holding out for Tequila...... Pee-Wee Herman suit sold separately. ;)

Imprint
12-01-09, 07:33 PM
Guess we will have to wait until September 24 (day Nevermind dropped) to get some Poison, Warrant and Winger.

xmiyux
12-01-09, 07:53 PM
Guess we will have to wait until September 24 (day Nevermind dropped) to get some Poison, Warrant and Winger.

rotfl

Hokeyboy
12-01-09, 08:12 PM
I don't know who the hell you are. But I love you.

pinata242
12-02-09, 01:29 PM
Do you think Harmonix is planning to import our scores into RB3? Not that I'd mind necessarily playing everything over again, but it would be nice to have all my work carry over by default.

Michael Corvin
12-02-09, 01:36 PM
I doubt it. Assuming they do Stars right this time, I think we'll be starting over...again.

FatTony
12-02-09, 02:56 PM
That's what I'm assuming too, which is why I don't really care if the RB2 patch ever makes it to PS3.

porieux
12-02-09, 06:37 PM
If we don't get a John Lennon pack for TB:RB, HMX fails ;)

pinata242
12-02-09, 06:51 PM
Just got Veteran Performer for Lego Rock Band. It was my 200th gig played, per the stats screen. Not sure if it unlocks at 199 for everyone or if that's just a coincidence for me.

Near the end, I was just playing the music video gig (at the farm via the bus?) that was only 1 song and you got to pick it. I played Charlene over and over since it's so short. I'm ok with not hearing that for a while now :)

Michael Corvin
12-02-09, 07:21 PM
So what other announced tracks are still floating out there? Pantera and Snoop for sure. Are there any Unplugged tracks still M.I.A.? Then there are the 6 tracks off the Metal Track Pack. Am I forgetting anything?

Liver&Onions
12-02-09, 07:24 PM
So what other announced tracks are still floating out there? Pantera and Snoop for sure. Are there any Unplugged tracks still M.I.A.? Then there are the 6 tracks off the Metal Track Pack. Am I forgetting anything?

I don't think that M.I.A. would translate well to the game - it worked in DJ Hero, but not here.

pinata242
12-02-09, 07:34 PM
Country pack too.

SexualPudding
12-03-09, 02:03 AM
I have a question. My apologies if it's something that has been asked and answered on multiple occasions.

I got a new Elite model tonight to replace my launch unit. I just got done going through the lengthy process of transferring all my downloaded songs from my old 20gb drive to the new 120gb one by loading up a memory unit and dumping it onto the new drive repeatedly.

Anyway, the AC/DC tracks and the RB1 export license will obviously not fit onto a memory unit. How in the hell do I go about re-downloading or re-acquiring those on my new 360? Hell, I don't think I even have the AC/DC disc anymore, but I do have Rock Band 1. Thanks.

Shagrath
12-03-09, 06:10 AM
Just load up your download history and find them in the list and re-download them. Depending on your connection speed, that might be faster for pretty much everything. You'd still have to move your saves and tags over via MU, of course.

pinata242
12-03-09, 08:25 AM
So, did anyone get in on the LRB+AC/DC for $25 deal from Gamestop the other day?

I didn't mention this because I didn't want to jinx myself or risk an influx of attempts from CAG, SD, FW, etc for a bunch of cancellations, so I apologize for being all sneaky. But check out what happened for me when I went there and planned to buy two AC/DC packs for $20 to split with a buddy:

:eek: Little did I expect simply adding the AC/DC pack to the cart would give the full $19.99 discount. Even more strange is that when I checked out, I agreed to pay $2.99 shipping and $0.25 tax for a total of $3.24. I can't see that anywhere on my order or my CC statement :fc: This is the right price for me for AC/DC :D

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9923/acdcorder.jpg

Canis Firebrand
12-03-09, 08:34 AM
I got in on it.

When I ordered, both games were in stock.

Shortly after, the AC/DC game showed out of stock online.

My Lego Rock Band shipped 2 days ago.
Then, yesterday, AC/DC shipped separately and coming from a different point of origin.

I'm happy paying $26ish with tax, shipped for both games.

pinata242
12-03-09, 08:35 AM
Hell yeah, that's a great deal! I already had LRB though, and my buddy thinks he's getting AC/DC for Christmas already, so this worked out perfectly for me.

Canis Firebrand
12-03-09, 08:39 AM
I missed getting a free copy from Old Navy on Black Friday.

Plus, a friend is buying the AC/DC off me for half the total paid for both. So, in essence, I am getting Lego Rock Band for $13. :)

Shagrath
12-04-09, 08:25 AM
HMX fucking fails this week. Perfect week for Pantera and they dropped the ball.

* Slipknot – Duality
* Slipknot – Psychosocial
* Slipknot – Sulfur
* Lights Resolve – Dreaming of Love
* Simon & Garfunkel – Sounds of Silence
* Simon & Garfunkel – I am a Rock

chuckd21
12-04-09, 08:29 AM
Whoa whoa whoa... Simon & Garfunkel? HOLY SHIT!

XavierMike
12-04-09, 08:36 AM
I'll probably be in for S&G and Slipknot.

WMAangel
12-04-09, 08:38 AM
:shrug:
I like Slipknot....

chuckd21
12-04-09, 08:45 AM
Why were we all clamoring for Pantera again?

Rob V
12-04-09, 08:48 AM
Cemetary Gates would rock!

Michael Corvin
12-04-09, 08:50 AM
Why were we all clamoring for Pantera again?

Because it was semi-announced/leaked a while back?

Shagrath
12-04-09, 09:04 AM
Sneak peek at 12/15 DLC.

The following songs will be available as Green Day Pack 02:

* Christian's Inferno
* Last of the American Girls
* ¡Viva La Gloria!

Hokeyboy
12-04-09, 09:20 AM
HMX fucking fails this week. Perfect week for Pantera and they dropped the ball.

* Slipknot – Duality
* Slipknot – Psychosocial
* Slipknot – Sulfur
* Lights Resolve – Dreaming of Love
* Simon & Garfunkel – Sounds of Silence
* Simon & Garfunkel – I am a Rock

Simon & Garfunkel >>>>>>>>> Pantera

"Fucking fails" :lol: rotfl :lol:

GoVegan
12-04-09, 09:23 AM
Simon and Garfunkel sure came out of nowhere. I'll pick those two up. I'm not sure how they'll be on drums or guitar, but they'll be fun to sing anyway.

Hokeyboy
12-04-09, 09:23 AM
Sneak peek at 12/15 DLC.
This is going to piss off people (me) who want some classic Green Day, but then again since it's partial maybe they'll throw in some old tracks with the new ones.

Hokeyboy
12-04-09, 09:25 AM
Simon and Garfunkel sure came out of nowhere. I'll pick those two up. I'm not sure how they'll be on drums or guitar, but they'll be fun to sing anyway.
I'm on to you, Hal. :mad:

superfro
12-04-09, 09:29 AM
I'll probably be in for Simon & Garfunkel and Slipknot.

I'm pretty sure this is the first ever occurrence of this sentence. Ever.

Canis Firebrand
12-04-09, 09:39 AM
This is going to piss off people (me) who want some classic Green Day, but then again since it's partial maybe they'll throw in some old tracks with the new ones.

Brain Stew and some stuff from Dookie would be great.

xmiyux
12-04-09, 10:07 AM
I'm all over the Simon and Garfunkel!

REL77
12-04-09, 10:12 AM
In for all the slipknot, and probably Sound of Silence if the chart looks fun... The slipknot songs should be interesting

Shagrath
12-04-09, 10:14 AM
Simon & Garfunkel >>>>>>>>> Pantera

"Fucking fails" :lol: rotfl :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all over the Simon & Garfunkel songs.

However, HMX always does their best to "tie in" their DLC with other things. Examples include Pearl Jam (Ten and Backspacer), Mayhem Fest, Disturbed, Spinal Tap, PAX, etc., etc. Pantera's not having any new material probably ever, so the best thing they could've done is release it on Tuesday to commemorate the life and work of Dimebag Darrell.

On that front, fucking fail. I'm not even a big Pantera fan and only own one of their albums.

aktick
12-04-09, 12:09 PM
Trans-Siberian Orchestra this year, please.

:up: Simon & Garfunkel.

FatTony
12-04-09, 12:41 PM
Wow, Simon & Garfunkel is a pretty big surprise. Definitely getting both of those.

bunkaroo
12-04-09, 01:14 PM
Nothing for me. I find Slipknot to be very bland sounding.

MookieNJ
12-04-09, 02:25 PM
Not really knowing Pantera or caring about their music, isn't it entirely possible they and/or their record label won't allow Harmonix to use their songs for Rock Band?

DJLinus
12-04-09, 02:52 PM
Simon and Garfunkel? Wow. I was not expecting them to hit RB. I may have to get another MS point card sooner than I planned.

So November's come and gone and still no Rock Band Network. Looks like we're going to have to wait a little while longer (I don't think this news has been posted yet):

MTV: Rock Band Network To Be Fully Launched In Early 2010

When last we covered details of MTV Games and Harmonix's ambitious Rock Band Network, we reported that the service would go live in November. It's not there yet. Today, MTV provided Kotaku an update.

The Rock Band Network is a service that allows people to turn listenable music into music that is playable in Rock Band, empowering any musician or fan with the proper rights to expand the Rock Band music library and make some money off sales to gamers of the songs they work on. The Network is currently in closed beta.

The November launch of the service on the Xbox 360 that was suggested by Harmonix to Kotaku this past summer isn't happening.

An MTV Games spokesperson broke down the current roll-out plan:

"We're working hard to get the Rock Band Network open public beta release of tools up before the end of the year, with our RBN storefront launching in early 2010. Exact dates still TBD. The tools necessary for bands to start authoring and prepare their content for review are already live on Creators.rockband.com/tools/download. The open beta launch will add access to the currently private website where all of the RBN community activity and peer reviewing of tracks will take place. People who join the Rock Band Network (bands, fans or otherwise) will be able to play and preview any song before it hits the store, so they should stay tuned for the official launch."

So the closed beta continues and it sounds like it will open up to the rest of the public by New Year's. If you want to buy the songs people are coding, however, you'll need to wait until 2010.

The RBN is planned for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Originally, the 360 version was supposed to launch first. There was no word today about whether that is still the plan.

http://kotaku.com/5413089/mtv-rock-band-network-to-be-fully-launched-in-early-2010

I just want some damn Flight of the Conchords!!! :gah: :)

flashburn
12-04-09, 03:20 PM
Yeah it was posted a while back. Sucks.

Liver&Onions
12-04-09, 03:26 PM
i wish there was a list of the songs that have been coded, or are in process already.

Liver&Onions
12-04-09, 03:27 PM
i wish there was a list of the songs that have been coded, or are in process already.

LMGTFY you dumb bastard.
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157235

Liver&Onions
12-04-09, 03:31 PM
nice Joel Plaskett Emergency.

Liver&Onions
12-04-09, 03:35 PM
LMGTFY you dumb bastard.

If that was somebody else you wouldn't have been snarky about it. your so transparent.

superfro
12-04-09, 03:37 PM
If that was somebody else you wouldn't have been snarky about it. your so transparent.

Can you just jump to the part where you ban yourself and spare us?

Liver&Onions
12-04-09, 03:46 PM
Can you just jump to the part where you ban yourself and spare us?

Nope :( I can't even put myself on ignore.

Oh snap! I've been officially removed from reviewer status! :sad:

DJLinus
12-04-09, 03:52 PM
Yeah it was posted a while back. Sucks.

Ah, my bad. I went back as far as mid-November and didn't see anything posted. I was wondering why no one was talking about it. Sometimes this thread moves a bit too fast for me; kinda makes me laugh about that one poster complaining a while back about there not being enough activity in this thread. :lol:

Regarding FotC, this article (http://kotaku.com/5366359/conchords-label-confirms-rock-band-dlc-%5Bupdated%5D) says that of their 3 songs coming to RBN, 2 will be from their debut and 1 will be from their latest album. Regarding the former, my money's on "Business Time" and "The Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room)" as being the songs (though I'd loooove for one to be "Bowie").

Supermallet
12-04-09, 03:53 PM
Simon & Garfunkel! Fuckin' aye! Now please give us all of Graceland, thank you.

Blade
12-04-09, 06:01 PM
LMGTFY you dumb bastard.

Is RBN only going to be new music? I don't thnk I recognized a single artist on there. Is this going to be of any use for getting more catalog stuff up?

Also, does anyone know if the Eagles have any plans to put their stuff out on RB?

Thanks.

Liver&Onions
12-04-09, 06:03 PM
Is RBN only going to be new music? I don't thnk I recognized a single artist on there. Is this going to be of any use for getting more catalog stuff up?

I only recognized a couple too. I hope that more is in progress that's not on the list. Like the SUbpop list - i want my Wolf Parade!

mdc3000
12-04-09, 08:33 PM
In for Simon & Garfunkel and will get the Green Day stuff next week.... never heard of hardly any of the RBN songs but will grab Joel Plaskett and Wheatus when that stuff finally comes out.

Wazootyman
12-04-09, 08:45 PM
The lack of the Slipnuts (Hey! We're the slip nuts! Slipping on some nuts! Look, he just slipped on a nut!) is the real fucking fail in this week.

Hokeyboy
12-04-09, 08:48 PM
The lack of the Slipnuts (Hey! We're the slip nuts! Slipping on some nuts! Look, he just slipped on a nut!) is the real fucking fail in this week.

It'd be all vocals, no instruments, the same line over and over, and just an ever-shifting background of every venue in the game. ("BROMA!!")

Wazootyman
12-04-09, 10:42 PM

It'd be all vocals, no instruments, the same line over and over, and just an ever-shifting background of every venue in the game. ("BROMA!!")

But they could finally release the nut attachment that fans have been clamoring for for so long!

pinata242
12-04-09, 11:03 PM
OMFG, The Slipnuts! I forgot about them. Can't find them on Youtube right now, but that appearance in front of that metal crowd was epic.

pinata242
12-05-09, 05:07 PM
This is the right price for me for AC/DC :D

I got ripped off.

Imprint
12-05-09, 05:59 PM
Just got Veteran Performer for Lego Rock Band. It was my 200th gig played, per the stats screen. Not sure if it unlocks at 199 for everyone or if that's just a coincidence for me.

Gig number 179 finished it up for me yesterday. Must be random.

pinata242
12-06-09, 05:05 PM
FYI, the Lights Resolve song this week will be free. I was considering it for $2 anyway:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/13PMI3JI4lI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/13PMI3JI4lI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

flashburn
12-06-09, 06:08 PM
Hey, their drummer looks like he is having a good time. :) Not my cup of tea, but it looks like it will be fun at least.

pinata242
12-06-09, 11:24 PM
Looks like for the first anniversary of its release, No Doubt: The Singles (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0188-0000-4000-8000-000045410829?cid=majornelson&partner=majornelson) will be the XBLM DotW. Normally 1600 points ($20), it'll be on sale for 1200 points ($15).

It includes 13 songs:

Bathwater
Don't Speak
Excuse Me Mr.
Ex-Girlfriend
Hella Good
Hey Baby
It's My Life
Just a Girl
Running
Simple Kind of Life
Spiderwebs
Sunday Morning
Underneath It All

Good news in that Rock Band content is still on the table for DotW :up:

pinata242
12-06-09, 11:29 PM
I got an Xbox Friend Request from someone(thing?) called RockBandAtlanta (http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=RockBandAtlanta). Does anyone know what that is? I can't find any link to anyone I know on their(its?) friend list.

Just came out of left field.

Well I found http://rockbandatlanta.com/ and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=rock+band+atlanta&init=quick#/pages/Buford-GA/Rock-Band-Atlanta/91967562919?ref=search&sid=735876954.3732251127..1), but I still see no connection. Must've been through myrockbandsongs.com...

Ongoing saga that I know you're all on the edge of your seat about :lol: I found him/it as a 76% match on the "Find Rockers" link on myrockbandsongs.com. So I think that answers that question. Corvin, did you get a request? You're an 80% match with me, so I figure you must be sorta compatible with him as well.

Update 4: rotfl
Turns out it's rob, the creator & admin of myrockbandsongs.

http://www.made2mentor.com/Images/encyclopedia_brown.jpg

Imprint
12-07-09, 12:04 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/typischemiel/hardly%20boys.jpg

pinata242
12-08-09, 09:39 AM
Here's the link to the free song on XBLM this week: Lights Resolve - Dreaming of Love (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf03ac-0000-4000-8000-000045410829?cid=SLink)

UncleGramps
12-08-09, 11:06 AM
Here's a chance to get in on the RBN beta:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3321607#post3321607

Hey gang,

You’re an educated bunch, so I’m sure you’re all thoroughly informed about our plans for Rock Band Network. If you’re not, here’s some handy reading to give you the broad strokes that will get you up to speed. So here’s where we’re at now: we’re nearly at the open Beta and we’re looking to get more people from the forums involved. We recruited a handful of posters at the beginning of the closed Beta and some of them have been all star contributors to the early RBN process. We want more of that.

So what can you do to get involved? We’d like to develop a robust peer review team that will play every new song as it hits the pipeline, give Grade A comments, and ensure that these tracks are as tight as possible. And who better to peer review these submissions than the diehards on these forums? That’s what we thought.

If you’re interested in getting involved with RBN, post here and let us know. We’ll check in on this thread and draw from the pool of volunteers and hook some of you up with free trials of RBN in exchange for your time and feedback. We’re looking for people who are willing to make a serious commitment to peer reviewing and becoming an active part of the RBN creator community. If you’re not super charged about RBN, and if you maybe only try out new songs once every few months, then this maybe isn’t the thing for you. But if you’ve got the following…

1) an Xbox registered in the US with an XBL Gold Account
2) a PC
3) a burning desire to play more songs in RB
4) the enthusiasm for checking in for reviews on a regular basis

…then it sounds like this IS the thing for you. Post here, provide as many details as you feel necessary (how many hours a week you play RB, instrument of choice, recording background, etc) and we’ll start getting you plugged into RBN so you can say you were in on the ground floor and helped us shape the next step of music gaming.

Talk to you soon!
-HMXhenry

pinata242
12-08-09, 11:21 AM
Thanks, Gramps! I gave it a shot.

REL77
12-08-09, 11:22 AM
After watching the vids, I think i am going to pass on the Slipknot stuff... While I like Slipknot the band, i think after playing any of those songs once, I wouldnt want to play them again. I dig the free song even without the cool Live video solo in it.

EDIT: After watching the vids again, I think I am just going to buy Psychosocial, that song has some replay fun in it I think....

flashburn
12-08-09, 11:27 AM
Yep, thanks Gramps!

Corey31
12-08-09, 11:46 AM
Is Rock Band Network going to be US only when it launches? God I hope not

jdpatri
12-08-09, 11:55 AM
[whiny bitch mocking voice]...an Xbox registered in the US with an XBL Gold Account...[/whiny bitch mocking voice]

If you prick us do we not bleed?

Shagrath
12-08-09, 01:27 PM
[whiny bitch mocking voice]...an Xbox registered in the US with an XBL Gold Account...[/whiny bitch mocking voice]

If you prick us do we not bleed?

You must have nuts of steel by now.. or no nuts at all.

I sent in my "application" as well. Hopefully they accept a good number of people and a few of us make it in. Looks like RBN either still has more than a few kinks in it, or they want to have a pretty large group of content upon the true release. I'm sure its a pain in the ass to get the other people in the closed beta to review the songs and get them to pass certification.

redbill
12-08-09, 01:56 PM
You must have nuts of steel by now.. or no nuts at all.

I sent in my "application" as well. Hopefully they accept a good number of people and a few of us make it in. Looks like RBN either still has more than a few kinks in it, or they want to have a pretty large group of content upon the true release. I'm sure its a pain in the ass to get the other people in the closed beta to review the songs and get them to pass certification.

All their resources are probably tied up on that tricky PS3-Star Patch.

jdpatri
12-08-09, 02:48 PM
All their resources are probably tied up on that tricky PS3-Star Patch.

I've totally given up on that. Stars are dead to me.

Shagrath
12-08-09, 05:52 PM
AP names Rock Band 2 the best game of the decade. Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/12/08/entertainment/e054331S32.DTL

DJLinus
12-08-09, 09:17 PM
Here's the link to the free song on XBLM this week: Lights Resolve - Dreaming of Love (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf03ac-0000-4000-8000-000045410829?cid=SLink)

"Gold Exclusive" :sad:

Thanks anyway.

Shagrath
12-08-09, 09:31 PM
"Gold Exclusive" :sad:

Thanks anyway.

Probably only for the first week like other "Gold Exclusive" content. We've got to have something to make Live worth paying for.

Michael Corvin
12-09-09, 08:25 AM
Stumbled onto this trivia game (http://www.sporcle.com/games/ixnay/rockband_artists) a bit ago.

Managed 13 of the top 15, but it gets spotty from there. I'm not even attempting columns 2 & 3.

Shagrath
12-09-09, 09:24 AM
Stumbled onto this trivia game (http://www.sporcle.com/games/ixnay/rockband_artists) a bit ago.

Managed 13 of the top 15, but it gets spotty from there. I'm not even attempting columns 2 & 3.

Do not read until after trying the trivia game.

That #1 is bullshit. I mean, I should've known it based upon the number of tracks, but The Beatles aren't in Rock Band. They're in TB:RB, damnit!

I'm scrolling through quickplay in my head and trying to figure out who has more songs than the Foo Fighters, and there just weren't any.

Grrr!

Michael Corvin
12-09-09, 09:29 AM
:lol: I got #1 right off the bat.

superfro
12-09-09, 09:36 AM
We've got to have something to make Live worth paying for.

:rolleyes:

DVD Josh
12-09-09, 09:52 AM

Got 49/121 and honestly that's better than I thought I'd do.

glasschicken
12-09-09, 10:12 AM
Got 76/121. They were coming like crazy at the end and I ran out of time.

discostu1337
12-09-09, 10:32 AM
cool quiz, ill have to take it after work when i have 15min

devilshalo
12-09-09, 01:04 PM
Do not read until after trying the trivia game.

That #1 is bullshit. I mean, I should've known it based upon the number of tracks, but The Beatles aren't in Rock Band. They're in TB:RB, damnit!

I'm scrolling through quickplay in my head and trying to figure out who has more songs than the Foo Fighters, and there just weren't any.

Grrr!

•Includes all games in the franchise -ohbfrank-

Shagrath
12-09-09, 01:21 PM
•Includes all games in the franchise -ohbfrank-

That's what I get for reading.. :) If I can't play it off the "main" disc, it doesn't count.

I haven't even popped in TB:RB since Sgt. Pepper's came out and I played through it once. 61 tracks vs. 1000+ tracks? Doesn't matter how awesome The Beatles are, I'm gonna go with the larger library of songs most of the time.

devilshalo
12-09-09, 01:46 PM
So it has to be importable into RB since I'm assuming you were able to guess AC/DC? ;)

old_mate
12-09-09, 04:29 PM
Why is the first post no longer being updated with this week's DLC?

flashburn
12-09-09, 05:16 PM
Because Shagrath hates us.

pinata242
12-10-09, 11:55 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/10/restructuring-layoffs-hit-harmonix-the-band-plays-on/

MTV Games has confirmed to Joystiq that 39 positions at developer Harmonix were eliminated today. The move was part of a restructuring to "better align [the] staffing to best suit [Harmonix's] product development plans and schedules moving forward." The publisher claims that "those affected were primarily in QA. The others affected ranged from administrative to other various roles within the company." At least one staff designer seems to have fallen under the "other" category.

Although Electronic Arts has a partnership with Harmonix, these layoffs are "totally and completely unrelated" to EA's issues.

flashburn
12-10-09, 12:02 PM
Youch, that blows!

REL77
12-10-09, 12:40 PM
wonder if that is going to delay the RBN release any? QA seemed to be what they really needed with that

pinata242
12-10-09, 12:48 PM
I thought the community did the QA for that. QA is more for the retail packages. I don't see the core engine changing much now.

WMAangel
12-10-09, 06:39 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/10/restructuring-layoffs-hit-harmonix-the-band-plays-on/

MTV Games has confirmed to Joystiq that 39 positions at developer Harmonix were eliminated today.

Gee, a real Merry Christmas to those employees.....couldn't they have waited just a few more weeks to drop the hatchet on these poor souls?

achau9598
12-10-09, 08:34 PM
we need more rockin' Christmas tunes in this game

Liver&Onions
12-11-09, 02:16 AM
Gee, a real Merry Christmas to those employees.....couldn't they have waited just a few more weeks to drop the hatchet on these poor souls?

yeah, happy new year!

pinata242
12-11-09, 09:00 AM
Hey gang,

Here's your DLC for the week of 12/15! The return of Green Day with another 3 pack from 21st Century Breakdown (that we teased last week for those paying attention), a pair of 30 Seconds to Mars cuts, and another single from All-American Rejects! Dig in!

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Dec. 15) and PlayStation 3 system (Dec. 17):

• Green Day – “Christian’s Inferno”
• Green Day – “Last of the American Girls” +
• Green Day – "¡Viva La Gloria!" +

• 30 Seconds to Mars – “Kings & Queens”
• 30 Seconds to Mars – “This is War”

• All-American Rejects – “Gives You Hell”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Green Day Pack 02” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with a “+” are also available in the family-friendly LEGO Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Green Day Pack 02”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

chuckd21
12-11-09, 09:02 AM
Meh, the AAR song is decent for parties and such. No interest in the rest.

flashburn
12-11-09, 09:22 AM
Thank you Harmonix for saving my wallet from a lot of pain for the last few months. I can't remember the last time when I bought so few songs.

bralph
12-11-09, 09:26 AM
I'll still get Green Day and AAR. My wife loves that AAR song. I like it too, despite being way over played. I don't listen to much radio, and still heard it a ton.

steebo777
12-11-09, 09:44 AM
My fiance will want all of that. Luckily she has her own CC to buy it all :D

pinata242
12-11-09, 09:57 AM
My fiance will want all of that. Luckily she has her own CC to buy it all :D

rotfl Someone doesn't know how marriage and debt works. Fiance's own CC, indeed!

discostu1337
12-11-09, 11:41 AM
While I rarely play RB2 anymore, I think I'll have to grab every song this week. Then, I will have to cacth up on a few songs here and there from the last month or two I suppose :)

devilshalo
12-11-09, 11:56 AM
we need more rockin' Christmas tunes in this game

Nega. Tory.

tanman
12-11-09, 01:52 PM
While I like Green Day's new CD why can't they release some classics instead? Or the whole Dookie album?

Shagrath
12-11-09, 01:55 PM
While I like Green Day's new CD why can't they release some classics instead? Or the whole Dookie album?

There will be a Green Day track pack probably similar to what they did for AC/DC next year. This is where you'll find the Dookie/American Idiot/Nimrod tracks.

GuessWho
12-11-09, 08:22 PM
Just 'Gives You Hell' for me

Shagrath
12-12-09, 04:47 PM
Wow. You people are slow as hell with the updates. This new trailer came out over an hour ago.

Green Day: Rock Band Trailer (http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/464452/green-day-perform-american-idiot-on-rock-band.jhtml#id=1615459)

Looks like they went TB:RB route and made models of Green Day and did a full-on presentation. As long as it exports, I'm there.

xmiyux
12-12-09, 05:17 PM
Ugh.

No more stand-alones please.

Drexl
12-12-09, 05:26 PM
Note on the page over on the right it says "In light of Green Day's new "Rock Band" DLC pack, ..."

This isn't a standalone game.

Shagrath
12-12-09, 05:27 PM
Note on the page over on the right it says "In light of Green Day's new "Rock Band" DLC pack, ..."

This isn't a standalone game.

Did you watch the trailer? It's a stand-alone game with Billie Joe models, new stages, and they're playing American Idiot, which is not in the DLC.

Drexl
12-12-09, 05:40 PM
Eh, I suppose it is, although it's curious that there's no (estimated) date or announcement involved.

This would probably be good news for those of us who want other standalones like U2, if Green Day is considered worthy.

Mad Dawg
12-12-09, 05:54 PM
Yikes. I'll wait on export/price/track list details, but I'm not too keen on the idea of a standalone so far.

Decker
12-12-09, 06:02 PM
The video has been pulled, though the story is still there. Nice work, MTV! :up:

PopcornTreeCt
12-12-09, 07:30 PM
I'm psyched for Green Day Rock Band.

Not exactly the band that I thought would follow the Beatles, but I'm excited nonetheless.

Corey31
12-12-09, 08:29 PM
I think Green Day: Rock Band could work well at a $40 price tag with 30-40 Green Day songs that are exportable. Throw in a few Green Day characters and areas for the diehards

If they try to turn it into a full-time thing like The Beatles: Rock Band they will be disappointed.

MJG87
12-12-09, 09:03 PM
Beatles to Green Day? I like GD but wow what a step down.

Adam Tyner
12-12-09, 09:35 PM
The video has been pulled, though the story is still there. Nice work, MTV! :up:Both the story and video are on their blog: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/12/12/just-announced-green-day-rock-band/

Michael Corvin
12-12-09, 09:44 PM
Screw Green Day. Where's my Cake stand-alone track pack?

xmiyux
12-12-09, 10:16 PM
Screw Green Day. Where's my Cake stand-alone track pack?

This! Cake would be awesome.

GuessWho
12-12-09, 10:33 PM
Green Day intros the trailer

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AV8t918-N3c&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AV8t918-N3c&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Michael Corvin
12-12-09, 10:39 PM
CAG users are going apeshit over this announcement, and not the good kind of apeshit. I can only imagine what it's like on those kiddie boards like Gamefaqs. I see damage control in Harmonix's near future.

Raul3
12-12-09, 11:14 PM

discostu1337
12-12-09, 11:22 PM
As long as it's LEGO RB priced, I'll buy it....actually, I'd buy it for $60 :)
Gotta love some old school Green Day!

Michael Corvin
12-12-09, 11:39 PM

"No really, we're different than Activision, you're just going to have to trust us." ;)

So for 2010 we have Green Day, Pearl Jam, and potentially Queen, the Who and Rock Band 3? rotfl

chuckd21
12-13-09, 12:05 AM
The official press release says it's fully exportable into regular Rock Band.

chuckd21
12-13-09, 12:09 AM
Beatles to Green Day? I like GD but wow what a step down.

The step up would be what exactly?

Sounds like it's going to be like the ACDC disc but with likenesses. Put 50 songs on it, and NO other bands and I'll bite.

Mad Dawg
12-13-09, 12:16 AM

Nice! :up:

PopcornTreeCt
12-13-09, 12:45 AM

This

Nothing could top The Beatles. Although, I'm sure Led Zeppelin wouldn't seem as big a drop.

tanman
12-13-09, 02:44 AM
I really love Green Day so this is the most excited I've been about a RB/GH release in quite some time.

xmiyux
12-13-09, 07:36 AM

I suppose i can understand this a little. If you have GH flooding the shelf space with titles they need to do something to not get their two year old game relegated to a back corner of stores...

That being said it is still lame. I wanted DLC. Just DLC until the main new game comes out. Exporting makes it tolerable but i still just want DLC that merges into my main game.

At least it isn't as stupid as the country track pack (and the upcoming metal track) that mixed currently available DLC with new DLC and basically said "FU" to fans of the genre who downloaded the available songs as they were released.

Michael Corvin
12-13-09, 07:47 AM
^ basically. I posted something similar on CAG last night. Green Day seems like a stop-gap until Rock Band 3 hits just to have something on store shelves. It now seems short sighted to have put all their eggs in the Beatles basket and forgo Rock Band 3 in the time being. Whether Harmonix likes it or not, Rock Band needs to be a yearly franchise to keep their main product on store shelves. They can't sell DLC to people that can't find their game on store shelves.

This! Cake would be awesome.

BTW, I went back and gave Comfort Eagle (because of your devotion to it) some more time over the summer to grow on me and it's now my favorite Cake album. And actually I've been on a Cake trip ever since. I probably listen to one of their albums every week.

I've got my daughters listening to it in the car as well. My 5 year old even requests that we listen to it on occasion.

*edit - also, fwiw, they are in the studio right now working on a new album.

Shagrath
12-13-09, 07:50 AM
At least it isn't as stupid as the country track pack (and the upcoming metal track) that mixed currently available DLC with new DLC and basically said "FU" to fans of the genre who downloaded the available songs as they were released.

Ummm.. Metal Track Pack's been out since September.

Also, making it "Green Day: Rock Band" puts it on the shelf closer to Guitar Hero. Could be part of the reasoning they didn't go the other way and do a RB:GD.

xmiyux
12-13-09, 08:08 AM
BTW, I went back and gave Comfort Eagle (because of your devotion to it) some more time over the summer to grow on me and it's now my favorite Cake album. And actually I've been on a Cake trip ever since. I probably listen to one of their albums every week.

I've got my daughters listening to it in the car as well. My 5 year old even requests that we listen to it on occasion.

*edit - also, fwiw, they are in the studio right now working on a new album.

:drool: New studio album. Maybe some DLC will hit when that is released. Comfort Eagle is just such a good album. Not a single song needs skipped and you are right - kids really get into the catchy songs. My daughter also likes them. I have a playlist for her on my iPod so we can listen to her music in the car and it is all show tunes (Cats, Guys and Dolls etc.), the Beatles, and Cake with a few random bands scattered in the mix. :lol:

Ummm.. Metal Track Pack's been out since September.

Also, making it "Green Day: Rock Band" puts it on the shelf closer to Guitar Hero. Could be part of the reasoning they didn't go the other way and do a RB:GD.

I don't listen to metal at all so i was gambling on it not being out yet. :lol: Still a lame decision to release track packs like that. :shrug:

That is an interesting point though to make it so it will alphabetically fall near Guitar Hero. I just wonder if it is eroding their name recognition a little bit since you have Rock Band, Beatles, and now Green Day. I have personally heard people call the Beatles game a Guitar Hero game.

Shagrath
12-13-09, 08:57 AM
I don't listen to metal at all so i was gambling on it not being out yet. :lol: Still a lame decision to release track packs like that. :shrug:

It's actually a pretty good decision. The Track Packs are there for the people who somehow in this day and age don't have their consoles hooked up to the interwebs, so that's where their main sales come from on that. Then by having exclusives, you're going to get a few diehards like myself paying way more than we should for a handful of songs (although the Country pack had enough exclusives to make it worth it). These things are ridiculously cheap to make, as there's absolutely 0 effort put into them beyond charting a few new songs. So even if they only sell a few copies (I believe the Metal Pack barely crested 5K), they're probably still turning a profit.

That is an interesting point though to make it so it will alphabetically fall near Guitar Hero. I just wonder if it is eroding their name recognition a little bit since you have Rock Band, Beatles, and now Green Day. I have personally heard people call the Beatles game a Guitar Hero game.

Unfortunately, with Guitar Hero coming first, and the market saturation of the franchise, every plastic guitar game from here until the end of time will be called "Guitar Hero" by the masses. It's like Band-Aids and Kleenex and Xerox.

xmiyux
12-13-09, 09:20 AM
It's actually a pretty good decision. The Track Packs are there for the people who somehow in this day and age don't have their consoles hooked up to the interwebs, so that's where their main sales come from on that. Then by having exclusives, you're going to get a few diehards like myself paying way more than we should for a handful of songs (although the Country pack had enough exclusives to make it worth it). These things are ridiculously cheap to make, as there's absolutely 0 effort put into them beyond charting a few new songs. So even if they only sell a few copies (I believe the Metal Pack barely crested 5K), they're probably still turning a profit.

I'm not saying it isn't profitable. I'm saying it is a dick move for the fans who are buying their DLC.

Take a look at the sentence i bolded... odd to see you defending the practice since it sounds so remarkably like some Rock Band competitor... Kind of dickish but profitable pretty much describes how the GH franchise is being run.

Shagrath
12-13-09, 09:31 AM
The main thing I care about is that every song is exportable. I know there were a couple of songs from RB1 that didn't export (hadn't really figured out the "platform" aspect yet), and of course Beatles. GH seems to pick and choose which songs are available for export, and none of the "stand-alone" titles like Metallica or Van Halen export.

As long as I've got a huge library of songs to choose from and all of them are playable from one disc, I'm happy.

pinata242
12-13-09, 10:52 AM
I'm uber excited for this. I could do without the avatars and venues if it wold bring the price down. I'll be there day 1 for it anyway.

I apologize to members of the board and people that left but still criticize that we are slow. I couldn't act on the trailer leak when I got the tweet because I was already well drunk at a christmas party. I failed you all and will do a better job of sitting by my computer 24/7 :(

xmiyux
12-13-09, 11:03 AM
I'm uber excited for this. I could do without the avatars and venues if it wold bring the price down. I'll be there day 1 for it anyway.

I apologize to members of the board and people that left but still criticize that we are slow. I couldn't act on the trailer leak when I got the tweet because I was already well drunk at a christmas party. I failed you all and will do a better job of sitting by my computer 24/7 :(

What is the point of a tweet if you don't respond immediately! Sheesh pinata!

pinata242
12-13-09, 11:06 AM
For me to know, of course! Eff all y'all.

Hokeyboy
12-13-09, 11:52 AM
FULLY EXPORTABLE -- now this is the way to things Harmonix. :up: Definite purchase for me, and then some. Complainers can cram it sideways!

Michael Corvin
12-13-09, 12:49 PM

Sounds like you just volunteered to let us know what the Marketplace daily deal is next week.

chess
12-13-09, 12:58 PM
FULLY EXPORTABLE -- now this is the way to things Harmonix. :up: Definite purchase for me, and then some. Complainers can cram it sideways!

What he said, but...umm...politer.

pinata242
12-13-09, 01:04 PM
Sounds like you just volunteered to let us know what the Marketplace daily deal is next week.

Fine. But don't expect me to be happy about it :mad:

Michael Corvin
12-13-09, 01:20 PM
Fine. But don't expect me to be happy about it :mad:

We expect links too. :D

MJG87
12-13-09, 10:07 PM

Sounds like it's going to be like the ACDC disc but with likenesses. Put 50 songs on it, and NO other bands and I'll bite.
There is no step UP. But in comparison, its a step down. At least stay on the same level.

GuessWho
12-13-09, 10:32 PM
I love Green Day. LOVE them. But until American Idiot, they only played 3 power chords. I fear 50 tracks with just a solid color or two the whole chart.

Kelkee
12-14-09, 09:25 AM
So its fully exportable.

Does this mean that the stages and GD characters export also or only the songs?

Shagrath
12-14-09, 09:30 AM
So its fully exportable.

Does this mean that the stages and GD characters export also or only the songs?

Songs only, I'm sure.

When I'm playing RB, I wouldn't want to play as Green Day anyways, I want to play as my custom avatar that looks vaguely similar to myself so that I can pretend I'm a rock star. I don't want to pretend I'm Billie Joe Armstrong.

pinata242
12-14-09, 09:32 AM
Just the songs.

Took my setup to a party last night and with 500 songs in the library, I have a new feature request for RB3: in-game searching. Even if you have to use a keyboard (or chatpad) since 360, PS3, and Wii all support it it seems possible. Just your typical token search that'll match based on song title, artist, maybe even album and genre.

Shagrath
12-14-09, 09:47 AM
Good idea, pinata. I also want more than just "Random Song". I want to be able to do sub-Random stuff like "Random 80's", "Random Rock", "Random Foo Fighters", etc.

MoviePage
12-14-09, 11:19 AM
So, I have a question which may have already been asked, explained, and reiterated 100 times, but I don't particularly want to scroll through all 79 pages of this thread or the other related threads to piece the information together.

As someone who is an experienced gamer but has barely played Rock Band -- just the Beatles version once at a friend's house -- I'm looking to get into it, for the 360. What do I need to know? I already know I want the Beatles and both (?) regular Rock Band discs, and probably the Lego version, but what is the best set to get for the money? I know there's a wired and a wireless guitar, I assume the wireless is better? Are there any good deals on the set (or have there been recently, so that I should hold out for a while until they roll around again)? What do I need to know about DLC? What about the Guitar Hero/DJ Hero stuff, is that completely separate with different equipment? Is this (http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Beatles-Limited-Premium-Bundle/dp/B001TOMQUS/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3OWNNKUC7VX4S&colid=1TC7YZWL3A6PJ) worth getting?

I'm up to speed on most gaming but I never really had any interest in this stuff until very recently, so I feel waaay behind the curve. :lol:

Thanks in advance for any advice or tips.

Bigcron
12-14-09, 11:29 AM
Just the songs.

Took my setup to a party last night and with 500 songs in the library, I have a new feature request for RB3: in-game searching. Even if you have to use a keyboard (or chatpad) since 360, PS3, and Wii all support it it seems possible. Just your typical token search that'll match based on song title, artist, maybe even album and genre.

Definitely, and RB3 should use the voice recognition of Natal for artist names. I think it would be awesome to just be able to say a band name and it takes you to their group of songs.

pinata242
12-14-09, 11:34 AM
The strangest thing about the party last night was me trying to help pick the first song and I'm asked, "What do you have?"

"What do you want to sing? Something new, old? Rock, pop, country?"

"Do you have Tokio Hotel?"

"Actually, yes! 'Ready, Set, Go' or 'Monsoon'?"

Wasn't really the way to get the party started, so I had to step in with a little P!nk after that.

FatTony
12-14-09, 12:35 PM
As someone who is an experienced gamer but has barely played Rock Band -- just the Beatles version once at a friend's house -- I'm looking to get into it, for the 360. What do I need to know? I already know I want the Beatles and both (?) regular Rock Band discs, and probably the Lego version, but what is the best set to get for the money? I know there's a wired and a wireless guitar, I assume the wireless is better? Are there any good deals on the set (or have there been recently, so that I should hold out for a while until they roll around again)? What do I need to know about DLC? What about the Guitar Hero/DJ Hero stuff, is that completely separate with different equipment? Is this (http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Beatles-Limited-Premium-Bundle/dp/B001TOMQUS/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3OWNNKUC7VX4S&colid=1TC7YZWL3A6PJ) worth getting?

I'd recommend getting the RB2 bundle, currently $88 on Amazon right now (comes with one wireless guitar, wireless drums, and a wired mic). The Beatles instruments, as far as I know, are functionally the same as the RB2 instruments (differences are purely cosmetic).

If you find you want a second guitar later, there's plenty of options out there. I bought the Guitar Hero World Tour guitar bundle and ditched the game after a couple of weeks. These days, the majority of instruments are compatible across Guitar Hero and Rock Band games. Guitar Hero is notoriously bad at supporting their games with DLC though.

To get the RB1 songs, you can just rent the RB1 disc from somewhere or borrow it from a friend and pay for the $5 export code. Lego Rock Band has a one-time use code to export songs though, so you'll have to buy that if you want those songs in RB2 (the export process costs an additional $10). The Beatles RB currently does not export to RB2.

As for DLC, songs are typically $2 each, with a discount on bundled packs of tracks.

rabbit77
12-14-09, 01:04 PM
Just the songs.

for parties I've created a laminated spreadsheet in a binder that people can flip through while people are playing - keeps the dead time at a minimum. I don't have nearly as many songs but since it's gotten into the several hundreds it got quite cumbersome looking for songs.

pinata242
12-14-09, 01:06 PM
Normally I just bring my laptop with my myrockbandsongs.com profile loaded up, but didn't feel like it last night.

I tried hardcopies in the past, but I keep buying shit :(

MoviePage
12-14-09, 01:15 PM
Info

Thanks a bunch!

Tygan
12-14-09, 02:19 PM
So, I have a question which may have already been asked, explained, and reiterated 100 times, but I don't particularly want to scroll through all 79 pages of this thread or the other related threads to piece the information together.

I'm up to speed on most gaming but I never really had any interest in this stuff until very recently, so I feel waaay behind the curve. :lol:

Thanks in advance for any advice or tips.

Harmonix has a deal where you get the RB1 bundle plus RB2 disc for $79 + free shipping.

rockband79.com

pinata242
12-14-09, 02:21 PM
Yeah, but the RB1 instruments are so bad that it's really not worth it. And there's no real need for an RB1 disc after the export.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
12-14-09, 02:24 PM
Harmonix has a deal where you get the RB1 bundle plus RB2 disc for $79 + free shipping.

rockband79.com

Yeah, but if you can get the RB2 bundle for $88 + Free shipping at Amazon, and you know somewhere you can borrow/rent RB1 from, I think for the quality of the instruments alone, the price difference is negligible, and you're better off with the RB2 bundle.

porieux
12-14-09, 07:05 PM
Good idea, pinata. I also want more than just "Random Song". I want to be able to do sub-Random stuff like "Random 80's", "Random Rock", "Random Foo Fighters", etc.

Exactly. I actually posted way back when RB1 came out in the feedback thread at RB.com that they should add the equivalent of iTunes' Smart Playlists. I still think it's something the game really would benefit from. Hopefully this is something they are working on for RB3.

Blade
12-14-09, 07:50 PM
And there's no real need for an RB1 disc after the export.
Just FYI for MoviePage:

The RB1 to RB2 export doesn't include the following:

* "Paranoid" as made famous by Black Sabbath (Cover)
* "Run to the Hills" as made famous by Iron Maiden (Cover)
* "Enter Sandman" by Metallica

With the first 2 being covers, basically you're missing out on Enter Sandman. But you can buy RB1 used pretty cheap I'm sure if you care enough.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
12-14-09, 08:09 PM
Just FYI for MoviePage:

With the first 2 being covers, basically you're missing out on Enter Sandman. But you can buy RB1 used pretty cheap I'm sure if you care enough.

Plus the real version of Run to the Hills is available as DLC.

tanman
12-14-09, 10:59 PM
so do you think the existing Green Day songs will be on the new game? I don't want to download the other songs if it's going to be included in the disc.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

pinata242
12-14-09, 11:20 PM
No. They addressed that in the press release.

MoviePage
12-15-09, 11:37 AM
Just FYI for MoviePage:

Thanks. What about achievements? I'm assuming I probably need to play RB1 as a separate game to get the achievements for it.

Mad Dawg
12-15-09, 11:39 AM
Yep, achievements are not imported from RB1 or any of the track packs.

Decker
12-15-09, 11:39 AM
Thanks. What about achievements? I'm assuming I probably need to play RB1 as a separate game to get the achievements for it.

Of course you need the game if you want the nerd points.

starman9000
12-15-09, 11:56 AM
I got the GH:WT bundle and then bought RB2/1 for cheap (as I like the equipment better). I'm kicking myself for not just grabbing the RB2 bundle for $50 on Black Friday though, $30 more for a spare drum, mic, and guitar would have been the way to go. :(

pinata242
12-15-09, 12:55 PM

Bear in mind that RB1 is very stingy with achievements.

Shagrath
12-15-09, 02:18 PM
Bear in mind that RB1 is very stingy with achievements.
Not really. However, if you don't have local people to play with, then you probably won't be getting many of them (unless you can sing & guitar on expert).

pinata242
12-15-09, 02:26 PM
Yeah, that's more accurate. I need to get back into RB1 now that I have my mic stand. Way easier than using a headset.

porieux
12-15-09, 06:05 PM
I never did get that damn Lord of the Strings achievement. Curse you GG&HT!

glasschicken
12-15-09, 09:37 PM
I never did get that damn Lord of the Strings achievement. Curse you GG&HT!

I have the same problem.

chuckd21
12-18-09, 08:33 AM
Yeah yeah I know, nice bargain. But...

http://www.buy.com/prod/rock-band-wireless-guitar-for-xbox-360/q/loc/108/206855118.html?adid=17992

Rock Band wireless guitar, AC/DC track pack, and Rock Revolution - $24.99 + free shipping.

steebo777
12-18-09, 08:43 AM
Wish it was for the PS3.

Total side note but I am in need of a dongle for Les Paul GHIII guitar for PS3. I have the guitar but lost the dongle moving to my new house. PM me if you have one I can buy.

Michael Corvin
12-18-09, 08:51 AM
Yeah yeah I know, nice bargain. But...

http://www.buy.com/prod/rock-band-wireless-guitar-for-xbox-360/q/loc/108/206855118.html?adid=17992

Rock Band wireless guitar, AC/DC track pack, and Rock Revolution - $24.99 + free shipping.

It's been that price since Thanksgiving. It's the RB1 wireless guitar though, so not necessarily so hot.

pinata242
12-18-09, 09:00 AM
DLC for the week of 12/22:

Hey gang,

Here's the DLC announcement for the week of 12/22! PS3 content should be hitting a little early because of the holiday this week, so enjoy your early presents! There's some great family friendly tracks coming out so be sure to check them out in LEGO Rock Band if you log in any play time with the family this week.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Dec. 22):

Weezer – “(If You’re Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To” +
Weezer – “Beverly Hills”
Weezer – “Let It All Hang Out”

Limp Bizkit – “Build a Bridge” +

The Offspring – “A Lot Like Me” +

Yellowcard – “Ocean Avenue” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Weezer Pack 03” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with a “+” are also available in the family-friendly LEGO Rock Band Music Store on Xbox 360 and PlayStation3.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Weezer Pack 03”

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

redbill
12-18-09, 09:01 AM
speaking of broken guitars. My RB2 guitar started going overdrive happy a while back, basically, whenever I get enough overdrive it activates immediately. Is there any hack to fix that?

flashburn
12-18-09, 09:02 AM
Blech! :(

Michael Corvin
12-18-09, 09:03 AM
No TSO three years in a row? Epic Fail Harmonix, epic fail.

speaking of broken guitars. My RB2 guitar started going overdrive happy a while back, basically, whenever I get enough overdrive it activates immediately. Is there any hack to fix that?

There is. I stumbled onto a YouTube vid yesterday showing how to fix it.

chuckd21
12-18-09, 09:18 AM
Meh DLC. Nothing for me.

Some more holiday tunes would have been nice.

porieux
12-18-09, 09:19 AM
Nada for me. Seems like a rehash of last week ;)

Hokeyboy
12-18-09, 09:20 AM
I'd hardly say the lack of TSO is an "Epic Fail". I prefer anything to that bloated swill... except more Foo Fighters.

discostu1337
12-18-09, 09:24 AM
2 good Weezer songs and the only Yellowcard song I like...I'm in.

porieux
12-18-09, 09:32 AM
Father Christmas along with a pack from The Kinks would have been nice.

KnightLerxst
12-18-09, 10:32 AM
Father Christmas along with a pack from The Kinks would have been nice.

I was just about to post the same thing...actually I would love a Bad Religion pack with Leon, God Rest Ye Jerry Mentleman and Joy to the World.

flashburn
12-18-09, 10:56 AM
From the Rock Band Podcast for today...
Coming to RBN:
All That Remains
The Stills
Evanescence
Ministry (all off of the first half of "The Last Sucker")
The Shins
Flight of the Conchords

Obi-Wan Jabroni
12-18-09, 11:20 AM
Personally I'd like a Gary Hoey Christmas Pack, although there's no vocal tracks on any of them, and I'm not even sure if there's any drums.

DVDChris
12-18-09, 11:42 AM
More Weezer sounds good to me. What's TSO?

Hokeyboy
12-18-09, 12:19 PM
Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

SexualPudding
12-18-09, 01:00 PM
LOL, "bloated swill." That's a pretty appropo summation.

PopcornTreeCt
12-18-09, 01:33 PM
Never heard that Limp Bizkit song. Is that a new one?

murray731
12-18-09, 02:44 PM
In for Weezer and Yellowcard.

mdc3000
12-18-09, 09:52 PM
In for ALL of this week's DLC except Bizkit (if they had picked a better song, I'd have bit) but I'm obviously pumped for the Weezer - Let It All Hang Out is my current fave off Raditude, so that gets a huge thumbs up from me!

tlwizard
12-18-09, 10:34 PM
Aaagghhh! TheBeatlesRB has been giving out free Rubber Soul DLC and I had one and then someone snagged it out from under me.

They will apparently be handing out more in the days to come.