Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Rock Band: The Official Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

pinata242
10-29-09, 09:15 PM
More Foo Fighters? If Prentender isn't in this set it'll be a complete waste.

PopcornTreeCt
10-29-09, 09:34 PM
I could see The Who Rock Band. I would buy that.

Rob V
10-29-09, 09:52 PM
More Foo Fighters? If Prentender isn't in this set it'll be a complete waste.

+1... and some Let it Die please.

thelwig14
10-29-09, 10:05 PM
I am almost done "star'ing" my huge RB collection...and I am very grateful for the artists Harmonix has in the RB library and they have done a great job (aside from way too many headscratching song choices of said awesome artists)...but...it is obvious 80's hair band and 80's rock (JCM, ZZ, etc..) are way too unrepresented. And we are getting more Foo!?!?

cartman
10-29-09, 10:41 PM
More Foo next week for DLC. Here's to hoping for The Best of You!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/dmoney/ff/58a8f26e.jpg

From the image, "Foo Fighters Live at Wembley" including "Rock and Roll" and "Ramble On"? Now THAT would rock!

Michael Corvin
10-30-09, 01:28 AM
Let it Die please.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about Foo Fighters in Rock Band.

pinata242
10-30-09, 01:48 AM
Burn!

Kelkee
10-30-09, 09:57 AM
I am almost done "star'ing" my huge RB collection...and I am very grateful for the artists Harmonix has in the RB library and they have done a great job (aside from way too many headscratching song choices of said awesome artists)...but...it is obvious 80's hair band and 80's rock (JCM, ZZ, etc..) are way too unrepresented. And we are getting more Foo!?!?

Hey I like FF so I dont really mind, especially if some of their best tracks in the pack.

And yes there is not enough 80s metal. The ONLY legit reason I can think of is that the masters are just not available. And since people are so used to having masters now making covers of them just wont pay off.

thelwig14
10-30-09, 10:02 AM
Hey I like FF so I dont really mind, especially if some of their best tracks in the pack.

And yes there is not enough 80s metal. The ONLY legit reason I can think of is that the masters are just not available. And since people are so used to having masters now making covers of them just wont pay off.

Don't get me wrong...I love Foo...but if the pack today does not include The Pretender and Best of You, it is a complete waste.

But GH has come up with Poison, Twisted Sister, etc... Even if Whitesnake, Ratt, Def, Dokken, etc. don't have masters, do covers. Covers are better than nothing. The genre is pretty much all but ignored.

Kelkee
10-30-09, 10:12 AM
Don't get me wrong...I love Foo...but if the pack today does not include The Pretender and Best of You, it is a complete waste.

Totally agreen'

But GH has come up with Poison, Twisted Sister, etc... Even if Whitesnake, Ratt, Def, Dokken, etc. don't have masters, do covers. Covers are better than nothing. The genre is pretty much all but ignored.

Poison seems to be the exception. Hopefully any that are in GH will soon crossover to RB. Covers are bittersweet for me. Its just not the same now since we are so used to masters.

There are enough Whitesnake songs alone to make 3-4 track packs out of their catalog. Their songs just reek of RB play and re-playability. I dunno, maybe the whole fiasco with GH:80s just ruined HMX on any 80's material.

Mad Dawg
10-30-09, 10:17 AM
According to RockBandAide.com

Foo Fighters – “Best of You”
Foo Fighters – “The Pretender”
Foo Fighters – “Wheels”
Foo Fighters – “Word Forward”
Nirvana – “About a Girl”
Nirvana – “Blew”
Nirvana – “School”
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts – “Fake Friends”

http://rockbandaide.com/

pinata242
10-30-09, 10:18 AM
DLC for 11/3 (Lego Rock Band Launch DLC):

What's poppin'?

Next week for DLC (ON MY BIRTHDAY!) we have some DLC. What do we have? How about a Nirvana 3-pack from Bleach? Or maybe a 4-pack of the rest of the Foo Fighters catalog to celebrate their upcoming Greatest Hits coming out on the third? That doesn't float your boat? How about Joan Jett & The Blackhearts? Enjoy, play, and have some damn cake!

-Sean

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Nov. 3) and PlayStation 3 system (Nov. 5):

• Foo Fighters – “Best of You”
• Foo Fighters – “The Pretender”
• Foo Fighters – “Wheels”
• Foo Fighters – “Word Forward”

• Nirvana – “About a Girl”
• Nirvana – “Blew”
• Nirvana – “School”

• Joan Jett & The Blackhearts – “Fake Friends”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Nirvana Bleach Pack,” “Foo Fighters Pack 03” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii.

Price: $1.99 USD, .99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$5.49, 2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Nirvana Bleach Pack”
$6.99, 3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Foo Fighters Pack 03”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

pinata242
10-30-09, 10:19 AM
About GOD DAMNED TIME! I like Best of You too. I've heard Wheels on the radio and it hasn't left an impression. Not sure what the other one is.

Sub Pop Nirvana that isn't on RBN...

Rob V
10-30-09, 10:20 AM
I'd love me some more 80's bands... especially some REAL GnR. Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Poison or even Coverdale/Page would be welcome too.

I had a feeling "Wheels" was gonna make the FF track pack since it's a new song on their upcoming best of next month. Sucks that Let it Die is being ignored though!

Corey31
10-30-09, 10:20 AM
I think this completes the notion that Dave Grohl secretly works at Harmonix. His tally of songs he performs drums/guitar/vocals on is now reaching 40.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Foo Fighters and Nirvana, but 40 songs when many other great acts only have 1 or 2?

Decker
10-30-09, 10:22 AM
More Foo next week for DLC. Here's to hoping for The Best of You!

That's my favorite Foo song and my one of my favorite rock songs of the decade, but having said that, I must say that when I finally got to play it (in GH : Van Halen, of course -rolleyes- ), I was surprised to find it's incredibly boring to play on guitar. Just a rapid stream of the same note over and over again, like the bass part of "When You Were Young". Really disappointing, unfortunately.

pinata242
10-30-09, 10:23 AM
Sucks that Let it Die is being ignored though!

Hey, you don't want to blow the full load before Foo Fighters Pack 04! Current count is 22 Foo songs in the library :lol:

pinata242
10-30-09, 10:25 AM
Did anyone listen to the Harmonix podcast last week when they talked about the 10/27 DLC?

When Morningwood's "Best of Me" was announced, someone mentioned it wasn't a cover of the Foo Fighters song. He was corrected that the FF song was really "Best of You".

And here it is just a week later :lol:

Kelkee
10-30-09, 10:39 AM
... I was surprised to find it's incredibly boring to play on guitar. Just a rapid stream of the same note over and over again, like the bass part of "When You Were Young". Really disappointing, unfortunately.

This is why I like the Foo tracks in RB because they are long progressive chord streaks. Not particularly difficult, but still fun I think and not so difficult to take you out of the song. A lot of songs are difficult (and I don't mind difficult) and they remove you from the experience, ... if that makes any sense.

Michael Corvin
10-30-09, 10:39 AM
That's my favorite Foo song and my one of my favorite rock songs of the decade, but having said that, I must say that when I finally got to play it (in GH : Van Halen, of course -rolleyes- ), I was surprised to find it's incredibly boring to play on guitar. Just a rapid stream of the same note over and over again, like the bass part of "When You Were Young". Really disappointing, unfortunately.

So, like every Foo Fighters song in the game. :rimshot:

superfro
10-30-09, 10:40 AM
I think this completes the notion that Dave Grohl secretly works at Harmonix. His tally of songs he performs drums/guitar/vocals on is now reaching 40.

There's really a simpler explanation for all of that. He's fucking awesome.

As always, I'd buy new Foo songs each and every week. At this point they've pretty much done Dave Grohl Rock Band, but sure don't need to stop anytime soon. :cool:

Just when I try to lay off the DLC! Now I have to buy 7 tracks next week!

Decker
10-30-09, 10:43 AM
So, like every Foo Fighters song in the game. :rimshot:

I have almost every Foo song available (thanks to a big assist from Pepsi and my hospital), and I must say that this was the least fun to play on guitar - though to be fair perhaps the notes will be charted differently in the RB version.

Mad Dawg
10-30-09, 10:57 AM
I have almost every Foo song available (thanks to a big assist from Pepsi and my hospital), and I must say that this was the least fun to play on guitar - though to be fair perhaps the notes will be charted differently in the RB version.

There's probably not much you can do with that song, I'd imagine. I love it, but I wasn't itching to get it in RB for that reason.

That said, FF3...sold. I'm like superfro. Offer Foo, I will buy.

mdc3000
10-30-09, 10:58 AM
I had a feeling with the Foo Fighters greatest hits we'd be getting some more FF tracks. In for the pack for sure. I haven't heard Word Forward yet but Dave never disappoints, so I'm sure I'll love it. I'm also in for the Nirvana tracks. Tuesday is such a kickass day - these tracks, Lego Rock Band, Foo Fighters greatest hits cd/dvd, Bleach re-release, Nirvana live at Reading cd/dvd and new Weezer album. I'm going broke!

naitram
10-30-09, 11:11 AM
Damn, I have to figure out how to edit my PSN account now so I can grab those Nirvana tracks. (CC expired, forgot password :( )

superfro
10-30-09, 01:16 PM
I'm really confused on how Foo Fighters didn't get Lego characters made of them for Lego Rock Band.

SonOfAStu
10-30-09, 01:30 PM
If you think there's already too much Grohl, just wait until Them Crooked Vultures get a DLC pack. :D

(no such thing as too much Grohl for this fanboy)

superfro
10-30-09, 01:36 PM
If you think there's already too much Grohl, just wait until Them Crooked Vultures get a DLC pack. :D

I am! Have been for like 3 months now! :D

bunkaroo
10-30-09, 02:19 PM
Damn, I have to figure out how to edit my PSN account now so I can grab those Nirvana tracks. (CC expired, forgot password :( )

I think you can start here and then get your password reset:

http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Home

PopcornTreeCt
10-30-09, 02:21 PM
Foo Fighters and Nirvana!

We really need some Smells Like Teen Spirit

Shagrath
10-30-09, 02:41 PM

I'd imagine that's probably being held back for RB3, along with Bohemian Rhapsody.

superfro
10-30-09, 03:18 PM
Ok....after the DLC hits next week I will actually concede no more Dave Grohl....as long as they do this last one. Then I won't need anything else ever.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJTYp1tvd3Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJTYp1tvd3Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol:

Drexl
10-30-09, 03:21 PM
I'd imagine that's probably being held back for RB3, along with Bohemian Rhapsody.

At least we already have a thread in which to put the SLTS announcement when it comes.

Decker
10-30-09, 03:43 PM
At least we already have a thread in which to put the SLTS announcement when it comes.

:lol: Nice.

Hokeyboy
10-30-09, 04:24 PM
Foo Fighters and Nirvana!

Do we really? Honestly? I'd much rather have, say, "Pac-Man Fever" or "I've Never Been To Me"...

naitram
10-30-09, 04:43 PM
I think you can start here and then get your password reset:

http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Home

Ah, thank you, got it handled.

This will be my first and only DLC purchase in quite awhile. Still holding out for the Daydream Nation album. Probably be waiting a long time...

StatMan79
10-30-09, 06:20 PM
Three Nirvana tracks coming from "Bleach" - perhaps this is the first wave of awesomely old Sub-Pop releases?

porieux
10-30-09, 07:21 PM
At least we finally get some Foo Fighters..

discostu1337
10-30-09, 08:57 PM
WOW, LEGO Rock Band is insane on expert. I can't even do the first song on guitar, and we BARELY 5 starred the second....this game is no joke. I'm thinking the story mode that we are doing does not have any sort of tiered difficulty like quickplay....or the game is hard as balls! It's pretty awesome so far, and you unlock lots of crap to dress up in and decorate with.

Shagrath
10-30-09, 09:04 PM
What songs did you play, stu? Looking over the tracklist, I didn't see much on there that sounded insane.

discostu1337
10-30-09, 09:58 PM
I think this was 1st....Ride A White Swan" - T. Rex (Glam, 1970), and this may have been the really tough one...Grace" - Supergrass (Rock, 2002). There definitely were a few easier ones though, so I think career tosses different tiers at you. Here are a few thoughts so far:

-Great atmosphere....many nods to regular Rock Band.
-Cool den customization and item/character unlocking.
-imports in some DLC and RB1 tracks (looked like 20 RB1 tracks and only 109 of my 250+ DLC)
-it's just fun!

And now the bad...

-I made a woman guitarist and picked a white-ish head, as opposed to yellow. Now, when I go to buy any clothes, the arms and neck on them are bright yellow and don't match my character :( Big mistake by the developers...
-semi confusing menus and gameplay modes....lots of crap pops up and things unlock and weird stuff happens a lot.
-average setlist at best....I would have maybe bought 6 or 7 of these tracks as DLC for real Rock Band.

It's a solid purchase for only $50, but don't expect to replace RB2 anytime soon :)

P.S. one more gripe...they made it so you'll never get 1000/1000 achievements on 360 due to the 100% expert the Final Countdown solo....jerk-asses!

Shagrath
10-30-09, 10:48 PM
P.S. one more gripe...they made it so you'll never get 1000/1000 achievements on 360 due to the 100% expert the Final Countdown solo....jerk-asses!

Maybe you. :)

Of course, I'll never 1000 TB:RB due to Helter Skelter 100% and The End solo 100%.

superfro
10-31-09, 12:21 AM
-imports in some DLC and RB1 tracks (looked like 20 RB1 tracks and only 109 of my 250+ DLC)

Thats still an awesome number of tracks. Fantastic!

pinata242
10-31-09, 12:42 AM
Stu, do you have the Queen 10-pack and did LRB detect them? If so, does Lego Queen play those songs too?

superfro
10-31-09, 12:51 AM
Stu, do you have the Queen 10-pack and did LRB detect them? If so, does Lego Queen play those songs too?

If not, buy it, and let us know. But really that should go without saying.

discostu1337
10-31-09, 01:43 AM
no, I don't have the Queen pack but I assume it will work....System of a Down worked which I found odd.

And for the record, the Ghostbusters theme and the way you play it in the game is by far the greatest thing in any music based game, and one of the gaming highlights of the year for me! And yes, it's that fun/awesome...even my girlfriend was amazed.

MJG87
10-31-09, 02:38 AM
no, I don't have the Queen pack but I assume it will work....System of a Down worked which I found odd.

And for the record, the Ghostbusters theme and the way you play it in the game is by far the greatest thing in any music based game, and one of the gaming highlights of the year for me! And yes, it's that fun/awesome...even my girlfriend was amazed.
Sounds awesome, now for the nitty gritty. Online co-op? And star tracking??

discostu1337
10-31-09, 02:42 AM
No idea about online co-op...didn't try it. Star tracking is perfect though....shows number of stars and if you got gold next to each track name in every mode, then changes to the score for a few seconds. Possibly similar/exactly like Beatles.

MJG87
10-31-09, 02:48 AM
No idea about online co-op...didn't try it. Star tracking is perfect though....shows number of stars and if you got gold next to each track name in every mode, then changes to the score for a few seconds. Possibly similar/exactly like Beatles.
Yeah was mainly wondering since the game was rumored to not have an online mode at all. But the stars are great to hear! Just wish all my DLC worked in it then bye bye RB2

Shagrath
10-31-09, 07:10 AM

Only some of the Queen songs are rated "E for Everyone". Also, Queen plays the Queen songs if picked in quickplay.

Rated E
Queen - Under Pressure
Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls
Queen - I Want It All

Rated T
Queen - Another One Bites the Dust
Queen - One Vision
Queen - I Want to Break Free
Queen - Killer Queen
Queen - Somebody to Love
Queen - Tie Your Mother Down

Also, this is hilariously awesome!

QvRnNW2TNRo

Obi-Wan Jabroni
10-31-09, 08:27 AM
Only some of the Queen songs are rated "E for Everyone". Also, Queen plays the Queen songs if picked in quickplay.

Rated E
Queen - Under Pressure

What would be really awesome is if Lego Queen came out with Lego David Bowie for this one.

Shagrath
10-31-09, 08:56 AM
What would be really awesome is if Lego Queen came out with Lego David Bowie for this one.

Except that he doesn't.

Although you are right. It would be super-awesome if he did.

Spiderbite
10-31-09, 09:30 AM
Do we really? Honestly? I'd much rather have, say, "Pac-Man Fever" or "I've Never Been To Me"...

:up: Glad I am not the only one that has been waiting for these two.

Decker
10-31-09, 10:27 AM

Rated E
Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls

Rated T
Queen - Somebody to Love

I've been sitting here for a couple of minutes trying to make sense of these particular ratings and honestly, I'm stumped.

Shagrath
10-31-09, 10:32 AM
I've been sitting here for a couple of minutes trying to make sense of these particular ratings and honestly, I'm stumped.

Each morning I get up I die a little

The ESRB seems to just run a filter on the lyrics and rate based on that, from what I can tell.

Drexl
10-31-09, 11:46 AM

:lol: Those are the two songs I came in to ask about when I saw the list.

glassdragon
10-31-09, 07:51 PM

Then have Lego Axel Rose come out and do some blow on the stage.. that would rock.

PerryD
11-02-09, 08:43 AM
I open up today's paper, and the Fry's ad has Lego Rock Band for $37.99. I promptly log onto Amazon to cancel my $46.99 order, but it's already shipping soon. :(

pinata242
11-02-09, 09:00 AM
I open up today's paper, and the Fry's ad has Lego Rock Band for $37.99. I promptly log onto Amazon to cancel my $46.99 order, but it's already shipping soon. :(

Can't we get Amazon to PM that? I sure wouldn't mind another $9 off.

thelwig14
11-02-09, 10:13 AM
For exporting clarification purposes:

1. The export code is not on the Lego Rock Band manual, but a separate card in the case, correct?

2. Can said export card code be redeemed via XBOX Live Redeem Code option? Or does the code have to be used in conjunction with the physical Lego Rock Band disc? (ie...more similar to Track Packs or the physical disc needed like RB 1 plus the code)

pinata242
11-02-09, 10:15 AM
As alluded to earlier, it will have to be like GH5 did it. They need the software (disc) to validate the code with their servers to open up the XBLM/PSN/Wii portal to actually purchase the export license.

You can't do the first half at one site and the other half through the console.

You can be assured you'll need the disc to complete the first half of the process.

redbill
11-02-09, 10:29 AM
I thought I read the process was this:

1. Redeem manual code on website, which gives you another code (platform specific).
2. Redeem that code on PSN/Xbox-live, which allows you to purchase/download export license.
3. Use any Lego RB disc to export on your console that has the downloaded license.

thelwig14
11-02-09, 10:30 AM
As alluded to earlier, it will have to be like GH5 did it. They need the software (disc) to validate the code with their servers to open up the XBLM/PSN/Wii portal to actually purchase the export license.

You can't do the first half at one site and the other half through the console.

You can be assured you'll need the disc to complete the first half of the process.

Got it. I didn't see where it was alluded to...I can see how the physical disc would be needed to have Lego Rock Band be the primary platform, but not RB 2. Either way, good to know.

pinata242
11-02-09, 10:33 AM
I thought I read the process was this:

1. Redeem manual code on website, which gives you another code (platform specific).
2. Redeem that code on PSN/Xbox-live, which allows you to purchase/download export license.
3. Use any Lego RB disc to export on your console that has the downloaded license.

Step 2 in there is the sticking point and why I asked earlier how it was down for GH:WT/SH. I've never seen a precedent for a XBLM/PSN/Wii code that allows access to purchase an item. I've only seen that for full-on redemption.

Either way, we'll know for sure tonight.

thelwig14
11-02-09, 10:38 AM
Step 2 in there is the sticking point and why I asked earlier how it was down for GH:WT/SH. I've never seen a precedent for a XBLM/PSN/Wii code that allows access to purchase an item. I've only seen that for full-on redemption.

GH 5, you didn't need any disc since GH 5 was going to be the main platform. Menus were within GH 5 where you bought the licenses and downloaded the codes of the games (never needing physical GH SH or WT).

This is why I assumed the Lego RB disc wouldn't be needed...however I am assuming it is since RB 2 never was patched with a link in the menus for Lego exportation and it also looks as if Harmonix did not want to go the simple track pack code route for Lego.

pinata242
11-02-09, 10:40 AM
I see what you're asking. Whether or not the tracks will download from the net or export from the disc.

I anticipate it's like RB1 (which was patched to export, not RB2) and they'll come from the disc. RB2 doesn't need to be patched to "import" the Lego tracks.

Shagrath
11-02-09, 10:43 AM

This is pretty much the same thing as the RB1 export, but with the added step of getting the code from a website (similar to the "Free 20").

pinata242
11-02-09, 10:45 AM
Good to hear. I'm interested in how that works since that code only grants access to the purchase. Seems an unnecessary step to go to the website first.

Shagrath
11-02-09, 10:49 AM
Good to hear. I'm interested in how that works since that code only grants access to the purchase. Seems an unnecessary step to go to the website first.

This might be the only way they can charge? I figured that all XBLA "codes" are for paid purchases. I could be wrong though.

chuckd21
11-02-09, 10:50 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ximhHkvdjPI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ximhHkvdjPI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

redbill
11-02-09, 10:50 AM
It prevents people from buying the license and renting to export, like they could with RB1.

And I assume they couldn't print actual PSN/XBOX-Live redeemable codes with the game,because those have to provided by Microsoft/Sony.

pinata242
11-02-09, 11:12 AM
This might be the only way they can charge? I figured that all XBLA "codes" are for paid purchases. I could be wrong though.

Right, but you're still paying Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo for the license. So going to the HMX website to redeem code 1 to get code 2 to redeem on the console just to purchase the license seems more convoluted than having the game redeem the code through the console, verify with HMX that it's valid, and then popping up the license purchase prompt.

As I said (and you're saying), I've never seen an XBLM/PSN/Wii code that DIDN'T FULLY REDEEM the content. I've never seen those give access to content that you still have to purchase.

So, again, going to a HMX website seems an unnecessary step to me in this case since you're still having to do the actual transaction through the manufacturer's marketplace.

pinata242
11-02-09, 11:13 AM
It prevents people from buying the license and renting to export, like they could with RB1.

And I assume they couldn't print actual PSN/XBOX-Live redeemable codes with the game,because those have to provided by Microsoft/Sony.

This isn't what I'm talking about at all. I understand all of that. Hopefully my last post cleared that up a bit more even though it seems we're regressing here :)

Shagrath
11-02-09, 11:18 AM
So you're saying put an XLBA/PSN code on the back of the manual that takes you to the download that you then have to pay for?

That eliminates that step of going to HMX, but I don't know if that's possible/allowed through the MS/Sony infrastructure.

pinata242
11-02-09, 11:24 AM
*sigh*

No...

I'm saying that I haven't seen a XBLM/PSN code AT ALL, EVER that grants access to content for additional purchase. Everything I've seen has fully redeemed content for no additional cost.

RB1:
No code, purchase license from XBLM/PSN/Wii directly

Track Packs:
Code directly from XBLM/PSN/Wii on manual, no purchase

GH:WT/SH:
Game code on manual, redeem IN GAME (via software that validates with publisher's servers and then opens up the super-secret portal on the console for the hidden content/license), purchase done. All on the console without needing a computer.

L:RB:
Game code on manual, redeem on HMX website to get a XBLM/PSN/Wii code to redeem on the console (or web for the 360, luckily) to grant access to super-secret hidden content/license, purchase done.

I'm obviously not explaining this well enough or you're all assuming I don't know what I'm talking about.

I've never seen that last scenario play out. Not saying it's not possible, but the GH method makes more sense to me and fits in with everything *I* (a simple layman) knows about the infrastructures. At least the GH process is more simple and doesn't include unnecessary (in my opinion) steps.

Shagrath
11-02-09, 11:28 AM
No one knows why it is the way it is. So just accept it. It could be that it is a true export (like RB1) and not a download like GH:WT/5. I don't know. I don't see it as being that big of a deal anyways.

flashburn
11-02-09, 11:28 AM
You guys must be really bored. We will find out tomorrow how it works, and does it really matter?

pinata242
11-02-09, 11:29 AM
No one knows why it is the way it is. So just accept it. It could be that it is a true export (like RB1) and not a download like GH:WT/5. I don't know. I don't see it as being that big of a deal anyways.

:lol: It's not a big deal, we were just asking. You said you knew! So is it or isn't an export?

You guys must be really bored. We will find out tomorrow how it works, and does it really matter?

rotfl Nope, I said as much earlier. The last few has been more about me defending my position that if it's as if Shag says that it's not as convenient as the GH method :shrug:

Shagrath
11-02-09, 11:32 AM
I didn't say I knew, as the site isn't live yet. I was stating that what you mentioned back at the beginning sounded like the RB1 export, but with the addition of getting a code from a website.

I'm thinking it may be a download, as some content is okay for RB2 that isn't okay for LRB. For example, in LRB, the cover for Blink's album is a generic cover, whereas it's fine in RB2. Hopefully it is a download to fix little things like that.

WMAangel
11-02-09, 11:33 AM

Yes, because some of us want to try and export the songs with a rental (if we can be the first ones to rent it).....

pinata242
11-02-09, 11:39 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ximhHkvdjPI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ximhHkvdjPI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Thanks for that. Interesting there was no Overdrive in there at all. I guess that's part of the challenge for that point in the story.

Has anyone seen a video for The Final Countdown yet?

flashburn
11-02-09, 11:40 AM
Yes, because some of us want to try and export the songs with a rental (if we can be the first ones to rent it).....

If you are the first to rent it, and it comes with the manual, there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to do the export. No matter what the method is.

pinata242
11-02-09, 11:40 AM
BestBuy.com says it's available for pickup at all my nearby stores. I doubt it actually is, but I'm going to swing by there in a bit and check it out. Then confirm with Wal-Mart that they have it in stock before I go back at midnight tonight.

Mad Dawg
11-02-09, 11:50 AM
Thanks for that. Interesting there was no Overdrive in there at all. I guess that's part of the challenge for that point in the story.

Has anyone seen a video for The Final Countdown yet?

838aEWs1-P8

I can count that 100% solo achievement out right now.

Michael Corvin
11-02-09, 11:56 AM
*sigh*

No...

I'm saying that I haven't seen a XBLM/PSN code AT ALL, EVER that grants access to content for additional purchase. Everything I've seen has fully redeemed content for no additional cost.

RB1:
No code, purchase license from XBLM/PSN/Wii directly

Track Packs:
Code directly from XBLM/PSN/Wii on manual, no purchase

GH:WT/SH:
Game code on manual, redeem IN GAME (via software that validates with publisher's servers and then opens up the super-secret portal on the console for the hidden content/license), purchase done. All on the console without needing a computer.

L:RB:
Game code on manual, redeem on HMX website to get a XBLM/PSN/Wii code to redeem on the console (or web for the 360, luckily) to grant access to super-secret hidden content/license, purchase done.

I'm obviously not explaining this well enough or you're all assuming I don't know what I'm talking about.

I've never seen that last scenario play out. Not saying it's not possible, but the GH method makes more sense to me and fits in with everything *I* (a simple layman) knows about the infrastructures. At least the GH process is more simple and doesn't include unnecessary (in my opinion) steps.

If it makes you feel any better I understand what you are saying.

chuckd21
11-02-09, 01:02 PM
It would appear that we're getting RB2 patch-style star tracking. Stars accessible from the quickplay menu, no indication as to what level you got them on.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UGYz0v6Qfss&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UGYz0v6Qfss&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

pinata242
11-02-09, 01:35 PM
I can count that 100% solo achievement out right now.

:eek: No joke! Should have gone for the Beatles' 85% rule on that one :lol:

Makes me wish Gob Bluth was in the game.

redbill
11-02-09, 01:50 PM
:eek: No joke! Should have gone for the Beatles' 85% rule on that one :lol:

Makes me wish Gob Bluth was in the game.

actually that's redundant, GOB stands for George Oscar Bluth.

pinata242
11-02-09, 02:01 PM
I know. I almost did it, but didn't think it was worth it. Forgot where I was, though :lol:

Drexl
11-02-09, 02:09 PM
Why do you want him? Do you expect him to do some kind of trick?

Michael Corvin
11-02-09, 02:12 PM
A trick is what a whore does for money.

pinata242
11-02-09, 02:13 PM
Which I'd be fine with.

pinata242
11-02-09, 04:49 PM
Any good leads for broken street dates? PM me :)

chuckd21
11-02-09, 04:52 PM
My local Best Buy is showing the game available for in-store pickup as well.

pinata242
11-02-09, 04:55 PM
Ah, I should have updated on that. They told me to piss off and play a real game like Gears of War 2.

Swung by Wal-Mart and they could neither confirm nor deny they had it "in the back" for a midnight sale.

Target, as far as I could tell, hadn't put it out either.

superfro
11-02-09, 05:39 PM
Ah, I should have updated on that. They told me to piss off and play a real game like Gears of War 2.

Swung by Wal-Mart and they could neither confirm nor deny they had it "in the back" for a midnight sale.

Target, as far as I could tell, hadn't put it out either.

I tried to prey on the weakest employee the Monday before Borderlands came out. Got all the way up to the point where she was going to go in back and grab me a copy and then she asked a dude on her way there and he decided to "help". Of course his help was going in back, coming back out and looking up on the computer and letting me know that the game didn't come out till 10/28. Awesome dude. Thanks! :rolleyes:

I'm debating on hitting Walmart at midnight tonight considering how fucked over I'm getting on Best Buy's non-working Gamer's Club reward program anyway. So really no incentive not to.

mdc3000
11-02-09, 06:45 PM
So is the code on the MANUAL or is it a card inside the box? Any clarification on this would be much obliged if any of you pick it up at midnight or first thing tomorrow...(don't want to waste a rental if the manual doesn't have the code).

discostu1337
11-02-09, 06:56 PM
its a code on a card...

WMAangel
11-02-09, 07:31 PM
If you are the first to rent it, and it comes with the manual, there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to do the export. No matter what the method is.

If the code is on a separate card (which probably won't come with a rental copy, even if the rental copy comes with the actual manual), then no, you won't be able to do the export....

Looks like a separate code card is now confirmed, hmmm....looks like I might have to buy this one now for the songs...oh well, I can probably still snag a code off of a Band Hero back manual rental tomorrow and at least get those tracks for cheap....

flashburn
11-02-09, 07:36 PM
If the code is on a separate card (which probably won't come with a rental copy, even if the rental copy comes with the actual manual), then no, you won't be able to do the export....

Looks like a separate code card is now confirmed, hmmm....looks like I might have to buy this one now for the songs...oh well, I can probably still snag a code off of a Band Hero back manual rental tomorrow and at least get those tracks for cheap....

Stop being a cheap ass then. ;)

pinata242
11-02-09, 08:06 PM
You can probably resell it for a good portion of the $60 investment as we come into the Holidays. How much are 45 songs worth to you?

WMAangel
11-02-09, 08:09 PM
Stop being a cheap ass then. ;)

:lol:
I only care about the songs! I just want them for RB2....don't have any interest in watching Lego men play instruments...I wonder what the day one trade in value of this will be at TRU and Gamestop....if I could get back $35 on the $50 game just to do the import, I'd probably be down with that...

PopcornTreeCt
11-02-09, 08:27 PM
I think it's a good deal considering I've probably spent more on DLC... and this is like $1/song. I'm buying Lego Rock Band.

glassdragon
11-02-09, 08:47 PM
my amazon order ships soon to be here tomorrow :dance:

flashburn
11-02-09, 09:06 PM
I think it's a good deal considering I've probably spent more on DLC... and this is like $1/song. I'm buying Lego Rock Band.

Yeah, even at $60 for 45 songs, it is still a good deal.

Bigcron
11-02-09, 09:22 PM
Are you guys familiar with all the tracks? I wasn't and quickly went through them all.
Now I have release date shipping though Amazon, and I am definitely keeping it, but, man, there's really only 16 or 17 good songs on there. Granted, these are pretty badass songs (must haves if you will), but the rest of them are pretty bad. Not just bad actually, some are downright awful.
This is my opinion of course, but after going through the songs, I definitely don't feel like I am getting as good of a deal, and thats even with only paying $27.

Oh well, at least its a unique campaign and it still utilizes much of my DLC.

Corey31
11-02-09, 11:25 PM
Are you guys familiar with all the tracks? I wasn't and quickly went through them all.
Now I have release date shipping though Amazon, and I am definitely keeping it, but, man, there's really only 16 or 17 good songs on there. Granted, these are pretty badass songs (must haves if you will), but the rest of them are pretty bad. Not just bad actually, some are downright awful.
This is my opinion of course, but after going through the songs, I definitely don't feel like I am getting as good of a deal, and thats even with only paying $27.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. I absolutely must have 30 of the tracks in this game, and another 10 or so I would like to have. Only about 5 or so I couldn't care less about.

thelwig14
11-03-09, 02:14 AM

I am the opposite. I think this has a really high good to bad song ratio...much better than the overrated RB 2 setlist and the absolutely atrocious GH 5 setlist.

pinata242
11-03-09, 03:17 AM
Picked it up at Wal-Mart at midnight and played for an hour and a half or so. It's different, that's for sure. I know I'm a little tired, but it shouldn't make that much difference... stu was right, it does seem harder right out of the gate than RB or RB2. I'm not sure how they sorted the songs in the story mode, but my first song I only got 3.5 stars. I got better after that. Partly because the next songs were easier, I was warmed up, and I was getting used to the note differences.

That was the other big problem in the beginning for me: the notes. They make sense, but I find the HOPO notes slightly harder to differentiate than in RB2. They use a 2-stud brick for the regular notes and 1-stud brick for the HOPOs, but the 1-stud brick has little grey edges on each side that make it roughtly the same width as the regular note so you have to sort of train yourself to look for something besides just width. It'll get easier over time.

But the cut scenes are fun, just like any Lego game. The songs so far are decent. Highlight of the first two gigs for me was Free Fallin' with Ghostbusters a close second.

It looks like I have 175 songs in L:RB, so that means it found 130 of my 281 DLC + 54 RB1 tracks. I did notice Under Pressure was in the list, but greyed out. Presumably because it has to show the whole Queen pack and not just what it can play. Not sure if The Who pack was affected or any other pack for that matter. I assume that's counted in the 175, so really my "130 imported" is a little inaccurate.

Edit: Looking back at the thread, I see Under Pressure is rated E so it should be playable. I'm not sure why it was skipping over it because there's a guitar part. Maybe you can't play the Queen songs in Quickplay? :hscratch:

Michael Corvin
11-03-09, 08:21 AM
I am the opposite. I think this has a really high good to bad song ratio...much better than the overrated RB 2 setlist and the absolutely atrocious GH 5 setlist.

:up:

and Band Hero is on par with GH5.

chuckd21
11-03-09, 09:03 AM
Picked it up at Wal-Mart at midnight and played for an hour and a half or so. It's different, that's for sure. I know I'm a little tired, but it shouldn't make that much difference... stu was right, it does seem harder right out of the gate than RB or RB2. I'm not sure how they sorted the songs in the story mode, but my first song I only got 3.5 stars. I got better after that. Partly because the next songs were easier, I was warmed up, and I was getting used to the note differences.

That was the other big problem in the beginning for me: the notes. They make sense, but I find the HOPO notes slightly harder to differentiate than in RB2. They use a 2-stud brick for the regular notes and 1-stud brick for the HOPOs, but the 1-stud brick has little grey edges on each side that make it roughtly the same width as the regular note so you have to sort of train yourself to look for something besides just width. It'll get easier over time.

But the cut scenes are fun, just like any Lego game. The songs so far are decent. Highlight of the first two gigs for me was Free Fallin' with Ghostbusters a close second.

It looks like I have 175 songs in L:RB, so that means it found 130 of my 281 DLC + 54 RB1 tracks. I did notice Under Pressure was in the list, but greyed out. Presumably because it has to show the whole Queen pack and not just what it can play. Not sure if The Who pack was affected or any other pack for that matter. I assume that's counted in the 175, so really my "130 imported" is a little inaccurate.

Edit: Looking back at the thread, I see Under Pressure is rated E so it should be playable. I'm not sure why it was skipping over it because there's a guitar part. Maybe you can't play the Queen songs in Quickplay? :hscratch:

Maybe you have to unlock Queen in Lego RB before you can play them?

pinata242
11-03-09, 09:05 AM
We Will Rock You is like the 3rd song you play and you do it as Brian May on guitar.

thelwig14
11-03-09, 09:10 AM
:up:

and Band Hero is on par with GH5.

Agreed. I only came up with about 10 unique songs for BH I want...so I have about 2 hours before I most likely cancel my preorder from that BB deal a few months back and just roll with Lego.

mdc3000
11-03-09, 10:14 AM
Alright, looks like I'll be buying this one after all then... I really have no interest in keeping it for the lego characters and lack of online play but about 80% of the setlist is a must have for me... guess I'll just ebay it without the code in a week or so.

pinata242
11-03-09, 10:18 AM
It's currently $43.99 on Amazon.

mdc3000
11-03-09, 10:33 AM
Is it just the online marketplace that doesn't have all of today's DLC or what? Just went to add the Foo & Nirvana packs to my queue but they aren't up yet - only a handful of single songs are showing up.

Decker
11-03-09, 10:35 AM
Sorry, I'm sure this is covered somewhere in this thread, but is it really $10 to export the Lego RB tracks into RB2? That seems exorbitantly high, compared to RB1 and GHWT pricing.

chuckd21
11-03-09, 10:41 AM
The game is only $49.99, compared to the $59.99 + export fee for RB and GH5. Bargain.

lordwow
11-03-09, 10:47 AM
I'm going to just ask for this one for Christmas. While it definitely has songs I want to play, I don't have enough free time to really dig into this right now.

chuckd21
11-03-09, 01:00 PM
Team Xbox gives Lego Rock Band 8.3/10:

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1799/LEGO-Rock-Band/p1/

Gooter
11-03-09, 01:02 PM
Sorry, I'm confused regarding the Track Packs, specifically the Classic Rock and Country packs.

1. The songs from either of those packs can be exported into RB2 free of charge by using an included code in the case?

2. Once I use the code and export the songs, do I still need to hold on to the individual track pack disc(s)?

3. What about if I get a new console or hard drive in the future, will I still be able to access those songs or redownload from Live?

4. Do they transfer over via the HDD migration kit?

Thanks

shaane
11-03-09, 01:13 PM
Just picked up L:RB at my local Best Buy. Looking forward to giving it a spin. The tracks will be a nice addition to my RB catalog.

chuckd21
11-03-09, 01:16 PM
Just got a note from the Best Buy Gamers Club that RB2 and all the track packs are on sale for $19.99.

chuckd21
11-03-09, 01:33 PM
Someone streaming their Lego game play: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cory-x-lee

thelwig14
11-03-09, 01:54 PM
Anyone have an idea how long the songs are exclusive to the track packs? Bulls on Parade, Willie, Gambler, etc...

flashburn
11-03-09, 02:00 PM
Those of you that ordered Lego RB from Amazon, you may want to email them to request a $3 refund for the price difference. I'm not sure what the official policy is on this, but I didn't have any problems getting it.

Shagrath
11-03-09, 02:09 PM
Someone pushed the wrong button. Future DLC leak.

http://www.rockband.com/songs/justfortonight

fI1FsNjUpUg

pinata242
11-03-09, 02:20 PM
Those of you that ordered Lego RB from Amazon, you may want to email them to request a $3 refund for the price difference. I'm not sure what the official policy is on this, but I didn't have any problems getting it.

Really? I tried earlier today and they wouldn't do it because my order shipped yesterday (before official release date).

Who did you email and what did you say?

pinata242
11-03-09, 02:21 PM
Sorry, I'm confused regarding the Track Packs, specifically the Classic Rock and Country packs.

1. The songs from either of those packs can be exported into RB2 free of charge by using an included code in the case?

2. Once I use the code and export the songs, do I still need to hold on to the individual track pack disc(s)?

3. What about if I get a new console or hard drive in the future, will I still be able to access those songs or redownload from Live?

4. Do they transfer over via the HDD migration kit?

Thanks

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes

4. Yes

pinata242
11-03-09, 02:22 PM
The Rock Challenges are so reminiscent of Elite Beat Agents to me with all the action and story going on behind the scenes, I just want to watch them! I need to make sure to fail each challenge too to see the alternate animation.

Shagrath
11-03-09, 02:24 PM
The LRB export site is live!

superfro
11-03-09, 02:25 PM
The Rock Challenges are so reminiscent of Elite Beat Agents to me with all the action and story going on behind the scenes, I just want to watch them! I need to make sure to fail each challenge too to see the alternate animation.

I've only done The Hives one thus far, but it was great! I loved all the shit blowin' up while I was playing the song. Lots of fun.

flashburn
11-03-09, 02:28 PM
Really? I tried earlier today and they wouldn't do it because my order shipped yesterday (before official release date).

Who did you email and what did you say?

I just did the option to email about this order, and selected the category that was "promotions and refunds" or something like that.

The price on this has dropped to $43.99 on the release date. Since there is a release date price guarantee*, shouldn't I be getting a refund?

*= I may or may not of made up this release date price guarantee. I don't know the exact wording their site uses, but I took a guess at what it was called. Either that is indeed the guarantee, or they didn't bother to look up their own policy. :lol:

Gooter
11-03-09, 02:39 PM
1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes

4. Yes

Thanks Pinata!!

Michael T Hudson
11-03-09, 02:41 PM
Picked it up at Fry's today for 37.99.

pinata242
11-03-09, 02:42 PM
I just did the option to email about this order, and selected the category that was "promotions and refunds" or something like that.

*= I may or may not of made up this release date price guarantee. I don't know the exact wording their site uses, but I took a guess at what it was called. Either that is indeed the guarantee, or they didn't bother to look up their own policy. :lol:

Thanks, I gave it a shot. Has your order shipped?

flashburn
11-03-09, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I think it is sitting on my doorstep. (Please don't steal it.)

Shagrath
11-03-09, 02:45 PM
Also, this is for jdpatri...

Select your console:

Xbox 360
PS3 (Coming 11/12)

Also, the export is not an RB1-style rip, but a full download. So you either take the 45 songs, or you don't get any.

Shagrath
11-03-09, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I think it is sitting on my doorstep. (Please don't steal it.)
I'm on my way to your house right now. I'll be sure to grab Dragon Age while I'm there as well.

pinata242
11-03-09, 02:47 PM
Also, this is for jdpatri...

Also, the export is not an RB1-style rip, but a full download. So you either take the 45 songs, or you don't get any.

Whoa, really? That kinda sucks, but it's nice we'll be able to download w/o the disc in the future.

flashburn
11-03-09, 02:49 PM
I'm on my way to your house right now. I'll be sure to grab Dragon Age while I'm there as well.

Son of a bitch! I'll be sure to steal it back (plus whatever else I can get my hands on) from your house on my way home from work then.

superfro
11-03-09, 02:51 PM
Son of a bitch! I'll be sure to steal it back (plus whatever else I can get my hands on) from your house on my way home from work then.

From the exchange here I'm assuming you'll be stealing at least a few kisses from each other.

Shagrath
11-03-09, 02:52 PM
“I’m working on ‘Rock Band 3’ and making the controllers more real so people can actually learn how to play music while playing the game,” he says. “Give me a couple years, it’s going to happen.”

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/turn_it_up/2009/11/dhani-harrison-the-son-of-beatle-george-describes-how-he-learned-to-embrace-the-music-and-thenewno2.html

It's not going to take a "couple of years" for RB3 to hit. It's coming out next year, I'm almost certain. However, it might take a couple years for people playing it to get good enough to consider themselves proficient "real" musicians.

redbill
11-03-09, 02:53 PM
Whoa, really? That kinda sucks, but it's nice we'll be able to download w/o the disc in the future.

actually, reports are you use an option in the disc to access the license/download. you don't d/l directly from XboxLive

pinata242
11-03-09, 02:54 PM
Do we, as gamers, really want to see a fundamental change in the guitar controllers at this point, though?

flashburn
11-03-09, 02:55 PM
From the exchange here I'm assuming you'll be stealing at least a few kisses from each other.

Damn, you caught us!

Shagrath
11-03-09, 02:58 PM
actually, reports are you use an option in the disc to access the license/download. you don't d/l directly from XboxLive

I'm exporting now (very slowly). It has a screen like any other downloadable content, and not an in-game bar like we saw with RB1. I'll check after the download completes to see if it is 45 individual files or not.

Michael Corvin
11-03-09, 03:02 PM

That is the policy. Their wording:
if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.

I shot them an email and was denied saying it will happen automatically.

redbill
11-03-09, 03:02 PM
also check if you can re-download from Xbox-Live, or if you need to always use the disc... please.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
11-03-09, 03:10 PM
It's currently $43.99 on Amazon.

On 360 and Wii it is. PS3 is still 46.99. PS3 users get screwed again.

Gooter
11-03-09, 03:14 PM
Just got a note from the Best Buy Gamers Club that RB2 and all the track packs are on sale for $19.99.

That's a good deal right? Assuming you dig the songs. Songs at the RB store are $1.99?

Shagrath
11-03-09, 03:18 PM
also check if you can re-download from Xbox-Live, or if you need to always use the disc... please.

Looks like you can re-export straight from Download History. I'm not going to download it again though, as it took 30+ minutes to do the first time.

Michael Corvin
11-03-09, 03:18 PM
That's a good deal right? Assuming you dig the songs. Songs at the RB store are $1.99?

Yes. If you haven't bought any DLC, it's a deal. The only thing that sucks is that they are one giant file so you can't remove the songs you don't like.

redbill
11-03-09, 03:20 PM
Looks like you can re-export straight from Download History. I'm not going to download it again though, as it took 30+ minutes to do the first time.

thanks for checking.

thelwig14
11-03-09, 03:23 PM

So after you go through the lego rock band export site and get your code...the next step is entering it in the menus of lego rock band? So the disc is needed?

redbill
11-03-09, 03:26 PM
no, you redeem the code from the website to download & pay for the license on xbox live. THEN you use the menu in the game to download the songs (which validates the license).

thelwig14
11-03-09, 03:34 PM
no, you redeem the code from the website to download & pay for the license on xbox live. THEN you use the menu in the game to download the songs (which validates the license).

Got it..so yes, the final step is through the menus of Lego Rock Band in game. Thanks!

pinata242
11-03-09, 03:40 PM
Got it..so yes, the final step is through the menus of Lego Rock Band in game. Thanks!

Which should have been the first step ;) But I digress...

Michael T Hudson
11-03-09, 03:54 PM
So is there a way to play the songs from Rock Band 2 on Rock Band Lego or just the reverse? I followed the instructions went to the website got the code redeemed it and then went to the game to download. It seems that last step should have been listed in the instruction card.

Shagrath
11-03-09, 03:54 PM
1. Use the key on the insert to get a 360 code
2. Use the 360 code to download a 108KB key for the game
3. Boot up the game and have no idea where the export option is
4. Look under "Extras", because that's where it was on RB1, only to not see it
5. Go to "Music Store" and find the Export option.
6. Click Export and pay your 800 Allards
7. Sit and watch the bar move slowly
8. Hit B to go back out, thinking you can background download and you can play
9. End up cancelling download and have to start all over

pinata242
11-03-09, 03:57 PM
So is there a way to play the songs from Rock Band 2 on Rock Band Lego or just the reverse? I followed the instructions went to the website got the code redeemed it and then went to the game to download. It seems that last step should have been listed in the instruction card.

No, Rock Band 2 songs remain firmly on disc. Once there's an export option for RB2 tracks, Lego Rock Band should find them just fine. Presumably RB1 too, but you might lose HOPO chord functionality.

pinata242
11-03-09, 03:58 PM
1. Use the key on the insert to get a 360 code
2. Use the 360 code to download a 108KB key for the game
3. Boot up the game and have no idea where the export option is
4. Look under "Extras", because that's where it was on RB1, only to not see it
5. Go to "Music Store" and find the Export option.
6. Click Export and pay your 800 Allards
7. Sit and watch the bar move slowly
8. Hit B to go back out, thinking you can background download and you can play
9. End up cancelling download and have to start all over

I'd stop at step 7, but that's just me :p

SonOfAStu
11-03-09, 04:00 PM
Is the price of the RB2 instrument bundle also going to go down? I haven't picked it up yet, and would consider the game only for $19.99 but would love to replace my RB1 instruments eventually.

Thanks!

Michael T Hudson
11-03-09, 04:00 PM
No, Rock Band 2 songs remain firmly on disc. Once there's an export option for RB2 tracks, Lego Rock Band should find them just fine. Presumably RB1 too, but you might lose HOPO chord functionality.

Thank you sir. The download is taking a while.

DaveWadding
11-03-09, 04:10 PM
Fuckin Amazon. I preorder (with Prime, so I have Release Date Delivery) and it didn't sneak out of the warehouse until late last night (and is for whatever reason, coming from Kentucky) and now it won't be here until tomorrow. :mad::

porieux
11-03-09, 06:30 PM
Damn, so it's just one big song pack? Since there are only around a dozen songs I am even interested in and probably more than that which I'd want to avoid at all costs it's just not worth it under those conditions.

I wouldn't really care, but how can they keep Jimi Hendrix hostage like that :mad: not cool.

pinata242
11-03-09, 06:32 PM
Unless you do so much "Mystery/Random" song selection in RB2 you don't want to risk the other 33 songs cropping up from time to time, I don't see how it's a deal-breaker.

Drexl
11-03-09, 06:41 PM
Well, now you know how we PS3 users feel. ;) We had "everything or nothing" for the RB export.

porieux
11-03-09, 06:51 PM
Unless you do so much "Mystery/Random" song selection in RB2 you don't want to risk the other 33 songs cropping up from time to time, I don't see how it's a deal-breaker.

I like playing random setlists actually, also happens in online modes though of course people don't usually have the extra songs anyway.
I really don't enjoy scrolling thru many hundreds of songs in RB2 so random can actually be kind of a relief. Otherwise I forget about half of what is even there....

Looking at the LRB list again I guess it's not that bad. I wouldn't be surprised if my gf ends up buying the game anyway, but I doubt I will.

WMAangel
11-03-09, 07:29 PM
Went to Blockbuster early today, and the guy there was working on getting the new release rental games out...saw a stack of PS3 games including Lego:RB (and Band Hero), and asked if I could get one....I asked if they would include the manual and he said "no problem", but then when we opened the Lego: RB cases, all three copies only included the manuals and no extra download code cards....the guy said this is all they got sent from the warehouse, so looks like Blockbuster removed all the code cards before sending the rental copies to their stores....
Oh well, might not have done me any good anyway, considering the PS3 version won't allow export until the 12th!
(I did rent Band Hero with the manual for free with a coupon, so at least I'll get those 61 tracks for just the export fee...)

I think I might just ask for Lego: RB for Xmas or something....the trade in value for a used copy at Gamestop is only $17 (I called to check), and it is not yet listed for trade in at Amazon or at Toys R Us....I have a placeholder game still at TRU from their B2G1 sale I could use to get it if I really want to, but I only will if I can get back at least half in value what it costs...

Michael Corvin
11-03-09, 07:37 PM
I love the sticker on the front:
LEGO Rock Band is compatible with all Rock Band controllers and most Guitar Hero and authorized third party instrument controllers and microphones

:lol: Every GH controller works in Rock Band. Just gotta get that jab in there on the cover. Actually it kinda insinuates that GH controllers might not work. Not the smartest move, IMO, considering there are 10x the amount of GH peripherals out there.

Fuckin Amazon. I preorder (with Prime, so I have Release Date Delivery) and it didn't sneak out of the warehouse until late last night (and is for whatever reason, coming from Kentucky) and now it won't be here until tomorrow. :mad::

I was getting ready to post something similar and I'm in Kentucky. :lol: It's been "out for delivery" since 5:40 this morning. Then literally when I was clicking this thread the doorbell rang. UPS at 7:30pm. :eek:

Drexl
11-03-09, 07:50 PM
Aren't there some PS2 GH controllers that don't work with RB on the PS3? It may have been a blanket statement that doesn't apply to the particular console.

Shagrath
11-03-09, 08:02 PM
Went to Blockbuster early today, and the guy there was working on getting the new release rental games out...saw a stack of PS3 games including Lego:RB (and Band Hero), and asked if I could get one....I asked if they would include the manual and he said "no problem", but then when we opened the Lego: RB cases, all three copies only included the manuals and no extra download code cards....the guy said this is all they got sent from the warehouse, so looks like Blockbuster removed all the code cards before sending the rental copies to their stores....

Good.

I'm glad that there weren't any export codes in the rental copies. HMX deserves the purchase.

Michael Corvin
11-03-09, 08:38 PM
Aren't there some PS2 GH controllers that don't work with RB on the PS3? It may have been a blanket statement that doesn't apply to the particular console.

Ahh, that's right. I stand corrected. I was staring at the 360 version and blocked out the others.

neocheddar02
11-03-09, 08:56 PM
I think i'm going to take the $50 plunge. HMX better release a patch someday so i can start deleting some track pack and LRB songs though.

Hokeyboy
11-03-09, 09:29 PM
I tell you what, I picked up the game from Best Buy on the way home from work, came home, the wife and I popped it in and played for about 2 hours. Then we tried LEGO ROCK BAND and I tell you what, this game doesn't break much new ground but Sweet Shirley Hemphill is it FUN. A great little game with a tremendous sense of gameplay, spirit, silliness, what-have-you.

The "GHOSTBUSTERS" segment is worth the price of admission alone. God bless your roadies...

chuckd21
11-03-09, 09:57 PM
I know there's no online component but the lack of a leaderboard is disappointing.

mdc3000
11-03-09, 10:08 PM
Good.

I'm glad that there weren't any export codes in the rental copies. HMX deserves the purchase.

True enough. I was hoping for a cheap rental but ended up just buying it... despite the Canadian dollar not being too shabby right now, it sill cost me frickin' $68 all in.... if it were $40 I wouldn't have even hoped for the rental option and would have preordered flat out. Haven't had a chance to play yet but looking forward to the tracks, even if I'm not really charmed by the Lego aspect at all.

aktick
11-03-09, 10:21 PM
I tell you what, I picked up the game from Best Buy on the way home from work, came home, the wife and I popped it in and played for about 2 hours. Then we tried LEGO ROCK BAND and I tell you what, this game doesn't break much new ground but Sweet Shirley Hemphill is it FUN. A great little game with a tremendous sense of gameplay, spirit, silliness, what-have-you.

The "GHOSTBUSTERS" segment is worth the price of admission alone. God bless your roadies...

Agreed. Just came in here to say this is the most fun I've had with any of the RB/GH games yet. I've played about 10 songs or so in the story mode and they are just fun to play, and obviously the LEGO stuff just makes it all the better.

thelwig14
11-03-09, 10:36 PM
I am enjoying it much more than I thought I would...but if you are going to require your consumer to go through hoops to export...you should make it like RB and have individual tracks.

rabbit77
11-03-09, 10:56 PM

Oh why couldn't you have posted this earlier :) - would have saved me a trip to four different blockbusters in my area. I got the same story at the only one that even had any copies on display, so I ended up renting Dragon Age to avoid the empty handed feeling.

Guess I'll just get GH5 to get my Vampire Weekend fix. Or both that and Lego Rock Band. But I'm in no rush.

Michael Corvin
11-03-09, 11:45 PM
Haven't played yet, but I am not a fan of the flimsy eco-friendly packaging.

DaveWadding
11-04-09, 12:01 AM
Will anyone please share how big the export is?

UncleGramps
11-04-09, 12:34 AM
Will anyone please share how big the export is?
I don't remember the exact number, but I wanna say around 1.2 GB? Maybe someone here has a better memory than I do. :)

DaveWadding
11-04-09, 01:00 AM
ugh. I only have 2 gigs left. need to upgrade my HD soon.

superfro
11-04-09, 04:11 AM
Anybody else find the comedy in going into the Lego RB store to see the slimmed down DLC choices to keep everything family friendly and there's a big ol' baby penis on the very first track it takes you to? :lol:

glassdragon
11-04-09, 04:27 AM
Anybody else find the comedy in going into the Lego RB store to see the slimmed down DLC choices to keep everything family friendly and there's a big ol' baby penis on the very first track it takes you to? :lol:

Oh, that's perfectly all right. We just can't let kids hear all that dirty, dirty language.

Michael Corvin
11-04-09, 07:50 AM
So this seems to be more of a RB2 track pack than a successor. It doesn't have the pause timer and stars are still missing, AFAIK. Sigh. After a year of bitching about stars you would think they'd get this one right like the Beatles. I wonder if the chord HO/PO are of the improved variety.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
11-04-09, 07:55 AM
My Amazon order for LRB shipped today (Super Saver Shipping, so it won't be here for a bit), but the PS3 version did drop to 43.99 before it shipped, and it was before the end of the day on release day, so I emailed Amazon about it. They gave me the BS about how they don't have a post order guarantee, but they would credit me this one time as an exceptional circumstance against their standard policy.

So even though they gave me the credit, that ticked me off, so I sent them back a nastygram quoting the relavant parts of their pre-order price guarantee.

Hokeyboy
11-04-09, 07:56 AM
So this seems to be more of a RB2 track pack than a successor.
It's really neither. It's more of a side/spinoff game with its own feel and gameplay, that just happens to exportable to the "Main" game.

Michael Corvin
11-04-09, 08:19 AM
It's really neither. It's more of a side/spinoff game with its own feel and gameplay, that just happens to exportable to the "Main" game.

I almost typed spin-off but it's not. A spin-off like the Beatles adds something to the previous incarnation. Sure the Lego theme is great but it's missing the great additions that the Beatles gave us. Almost a step backwards.

redbill
11-04-09, 08:21 AM
it has star-tracking.

Michael Corvin
11-04-09, 08:22 AM
It does? I'm either blind or shouldn't play at 2am anymore.

pinata242
11-04-09, 08:24 AM
Yeah, the stars and scores alternate on a timed interval. It looks better than RB2's patch, but it isn't on-demand or sortable like RB2.

Hokeyboy
11-04-09, 08:30 AM
I almost typed spin-off but it's not. A spin-off like the Beatles adds something to the previous incarnation. Sure the Lego theme is great but it's missing the great additions that the Beatles gave us. Almost a step backwards.
But it does add. It's more than just a Lego skin, it has some unique Lego elements as well as Lego Recovery mode, Rock Power Challenges, etc. Nothing as revolutionary as The Beatles's 3-part harmonies, but enough to make it more of its own game rather than Rock Band 2.5.

pinata242
11-04-09, 08:36 AM
I love that you can actually see what the fuck the people you hire actually do. I think I'm through the 5th Power Challenge now and they're all just fun to watch. The cut scenes have all the right humor.

Also, fuck Kung Fu Fighting.

Michael Corvin
11-04-09, 08:39 AM
Yeah, the stars and scores alternate on a timed interval. It looks better than RB2's patch, but it isn't on-demand or sortable like RB2.

Okay, that makes more sense because I was checking out the quickplay menu and couldn't find anything star related.

Michael Corvin
11-04-09, 08:51 AM
Alright, in an effort to make up for my idiocy this morning:

Download printable LEGO plans to build your own Lego Rock Band Tour Van. Click Here (http://club.lego.com/en-US/default.aspx?domainredir=legoclub.com) and enter Club Code: ROCKBAND (all CAPS, lowercase won't work)

chuckd21
11-04-09, 08:52 AM
So does your score playing a song in LRB carry over to the leaderboards in RB2?

pinata242
11-04-09, 08:54 AM
Alright, in an effort to make up for my idiocy this morning:

Download printable LEGO plans to build your own Lego Rock Band Tour Van. Click Here (http://club.lego.com/en-US/default.aspx?domainredir=legoclub.com) and enter Club Code: ROCKBAND (all CAPS, lowercase won't work)

I highly doubt that's a secure destination, so here's a direct link: http://cache.lego.com/eng/downloads/club/clubcodes/rockband.pdf

Michael Corvin
11-04-09, 09:11 AM
:hscratch: That's weird, I pulled the address from the LEGO magazine.

pinata242
11-04-09, 09:13 AM
I was just saying that there's probably no need for everyone to go there and put in the code once the redirect was resolved to that actual pdf file.

Consider my post "for the lazy" ;)

GoVegan
11-04-09, 09:40 AM
Download printable LEGO plans to build your own Lego Rock Band Tour Van. Click Here (http://club.lego.com/en-US/default.aspx?domainredir=legoclub.com) and enter Club Code: ROCKBAND (all CAPS, lowercase won't work)They should just sell it as a set. I probably have fifty pounds of Lego bricks and I've never seen those huge orange roof pieces or the fenders.

superfro
11-04-09, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't call Lego RB a glorified anything. The game is a huge success in my opinion for the fun it was going for. It's still RB at it's core, but they really went above and beyond just making the people on stage look like Legos. The challenge sections are billiantly done IMO, and are a total add on that could've been neglected by just doing an encore or something. Kudos to them.

chuckd21
11-04-09, 10:48 AM
We Will Rock You should have been a free download though. That barely qualifies as a song.

pinata242
11-04-09, 10:50 AM
We Will Rock You should have been a free download though. That barely qualifies as a song.

I wish they would have also had it and We Are the Champions merged as another track like with some of the Beatles songs.

Michael Corvin
11-04-09, 10:58 AM
I wish they would have also had it and We Are the Champions merged as another track like with some of the Beatles songs.

I was disappointed to find that they didn't do that.

redbill
11-04-09, 11:35 AM
Also, fuck Kung Fu Fighting.

I 2nd this. First time I've ever completed a song with 2 stars.

DRG
11-04-09, 11:49 AM
Is "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves a re-recording? It sounds off in a few places and her voice sounds a bit deeper throughout the track.

Michael Corvin
11-04-09, 11:51 AM
I 2nd this. First time I've ever completed a song with 2 stars.

What? I didn't think that was possible.

pinata242
11-04-09, 11:53 AM
It hit me like Visions, but passable. I'd just find myself stop playing because I just didn't care to try :lol:

Corey31
11-04-09, 12:12 PM
What? I didn't think that was possible.

There is no way to fail in Lego Rock Band isn't there? I thought it was like the other Lego games, when you "fail" you just lose some of your studs and can earn them back with some special notes after you fail. If I am right then technically it might be possible to pass a song with 1*.

Of course since I have yet to get below 4 stars on guitar (except for Grace which I 3*'d) song on expert I haven't tested this out.

shaane
11-04-09, 12:15 PM
Is "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves a re-recording? It sounds off in a few places and her voice sounds a bit deeper throughout the track.

I thought the same thing. I'd bet money it isn't the original.

XavierMike
11-04-09, 12:17 PM

This. Queen always played them together anyway.

flashburn
11-04-09, 12:30 PM
There is no way to fail in Lego Rock Band isn't there? I thought it was like the other Lego games, when you "fail" you just lose some of your studs and can earn them back with some special notes after you fail. If I am right then technically it might be possible to pass a song with 1*.

Of course since I have yet to get below 4 stars on guitar (except for Grace which I 3*'d) song on expert I haven't tested this out.

It's always been possible to 2 Star songs in Rock Band. You might not be able to do it with every song, but I've done it a few times.

UncleGramps
11-04-09, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty sure it was listed in-game as being a 2004 song, so a re-record seems likely.

I got Lego Rock Band with some trade-in credit and I'm impressed with it so far. It would be a great standalone game for families with younger kids. I already exported the songs for use in RB2, but I'm thinking I'll play through the whole game before I sell it/trade it back in.

NiCK Crush
11-04-09, 01:02 PM
so RB 2 full band set is only $99.99 at Gamestop now.

redbill
11-04-09, 01:08 PM
It's always been possible to 2 Star songs in Rock Band. You might not be able to do it with every song, but I've done it a few times.

I 2-stared a song on vocals once in RB1, because I didn't play the tamborine . . . and because I can't sing.

flashburn
11-04-09, 04:44 PM
Anyone who got Amazon to refund them the $3 difference should look to be getting yet another $3 refund. I just got an email from their automated process that said since the price dropped to $43.99 on release date that I received a $3 refund. Sure enough when I checked my account I have 2 $3 refunds. Sounds good to me. :lol: I didn't purposefully try to scam them out of $3 or anything, so now I know in the future that if it drops on the release date they will automatically refund the difference a few days later.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
11-04-09, 04:52 PM
Anyone who got Amazon to refund them the $3 difference should look to be getting yet another $3 refund. I just got an email from their automated process that said since the price dropped to $43.99 on release date that I received a $3 refund. Sure enough when I checked my account I have 2 $3 refunds. Sounds good to me. :lol: I didn't purposefully try to scam them out of $3 or anything, so now I know in the future that if it drops on the release date they will automatically refund the difference a few days later.

Yeah, I got 2 refunds too.

So with all the promos/discounts I used...

-10.00 (Kingdom Hearts DS Pre-Order Promo Credit)
-4.70 (10% ECA Discount)
-25.00 (Amazon Credit Card Reward Certificate)
-3.00 (Refund)
-3.00 (Refund)

I think I just got this game for $1.29, lol.

Michael Corvin
11-04-09, 04:54 PM
I did get my $3.18 (tax :() back. I was denied the $3 when I emailed so no double for me. Still, $36.67 total. :up:

jdpatri
11-04-09, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I got 2 refunds too.

So with all the promos/discounts I used...

-10.00 (Kingdom Hearts DS Pre-Order Promo Credit)
-4.70 (10% ECA Discount)
-25.00 (Amazon Credit Card Reward Certificate)
-3.00 (Refund)
-3.00 (Refund)

I think I just got this game for $1.29, lol.

Yep. I got my double refund too. :up: Pretty nice considered I also accidentally double-stacked the ECA coupon on this order too.

Groucho
11-04-09, 05:22 PM
So, when do we get "Poker Face"?

WMAangel
11-04-09, 07:25 PM
So, when do we get "Poker Face"?

Only if it includes those sweet Cartman vocals!

Mad Dawg
11-05-09, 01:18 AM
The game is a lot of fun, and definitely worth the $38 Fry's was charging for it.

But I'm a lot more annoyed by the locked out DLC songs that I thought I'd be. Just scrolling through and seeing the stupid omissions got under my skin. And it's great if you want to blame the ESRB, but once you start the game, you're hit with the big "music downloads are not rated" screen. Sure, I'll play this through and export the songs and be fine, but it's still pretty irritating on principle.

Michael Corvin
11-05-09, 07:32 AM
Played a bit more Lego last night. Gotta say, Dream Theater with LEGO is pure awesome. :lol:

I'm a bit annoyed by the DLC exclusions as well, but I think it imports just enough that it will still keep the game fresh to the end.

flashburn
11-05-09, 07:51 AM
I thought the Ghostbusters challenge was awesome. Same with the Octopus one. Only thing that annoys me is that the sound effects during the challenges are insanely loud. They don't seem to adhere to the volume controls for sound effects at all.

Matt
11-05-09, 10:16 AM
Joystiq: Possible free Lego Rock Band with $20 Old Navy purchase on Black Friday (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/05/possible-free-lego-rock-band-with-20-old-navy-purchase-on-black/)

We're going to approach this scanned Old Navy Black Friday ad with as much skepticism as we can muster, both because there are a lot of variables and because we, personally, are trying to convince ourselves not to join the Black Friday crowds at Old Navy, of all places.

According to the ad, the retailer will be offering free "Lego Rock Band video games" with purchases of $20 or greater on Friday, November 27. "Your preferred platform may not be available," the ad warns, presumably due to limited overall supply. We're wary that it could be a demo or something like that, but the fact that Old Navy will also be selling Rock Band 2 bundles, and giving away guitar controllers with said bundles, makes this doorbuster deal seem more likely. But it's still crazy to hand out a $50 video game with $20 worth of clothes.

If you want to check it out for yourself, Old Navy stores will be open at 3AM that day. Have fun!

Groucho
11-05-09, 10:17 AM
My guess is that it's a "special edition" of the game (read: demo).

Matt
11-05-09, 10:23 AM
We'll probably find out exactly what they have before Black Friday.

clintilona
11-05-09, 10:37 AM
Anyone out there have a 360 export code for Lego Rock Band they want to sell? My code from my copy that I bought brand new from Amazon does not work. I've tried it hundreds of times on six different browsers on two different computers (plus my iphone). I keep getting an invalid code or code already redeemed message.

It's pissing me off because I have no desire to play the actual game. I just bought it so I could export the songs into RB2.

Thanks in advance.

Groucho
11-05-09, 10:40 AM
If you bought the copy brand new from Amazon, why aren't you working with them and Harmonix to get things working instead of paying additional money for somebody's else's export code? :hscratch:

clintilona
11-05-09, 10:47 AM
If you bought the copy brand new from Amazon, why aren't you working with them and Harmonix to get things working instead of paying additional money for somebody's else's export code? :hscratch:

I have several emails sent already to Harmonix, Warner Bros & Amazon. I also called Warner Bros. who took down my info and said they'd get back to me. I am not optimistic that this will get resolved any time soon, if at all.

I am not a patient man. I just want to play the songs on RB2 and would be willing to pay a little extra to be able to do that today. I've already saved $6 from Amazon via a pair of $3 credits, so I only spent $40.99 on the game. In my mind I'm already up $10, as my original intention was to just buy the game at Best Buy.

chuckd21
11-05-09, 12:07 PM
USAToday article today says that RB improved in the 3rd quarter thanks to The Beatles, but still isn't breaking even.

What's it going to take? :sad:

flashburn
11-05-09, 12:08 PM
I have several emails sent already to Harmonix, Warner Bros & Amazon. I also called Warner Bros. who took down my info and said they'd get back to me. I am not optimistic that this will get resolved any time soon, if at all.

I am not a patient man. I just want to play the songs on RB2 and would be willing to pay a little extra to be able to do that today. I've already saved $6 from Amazon via a pair of $3 credits, so I only spent $40.99 on the game. In my mind I'm already up $10, as my original intention was to just buy the game at Best Buy.

The answer here is easy. Tell amazon about the problem, and request that they overnight you a new copy and that you will return the defective copy. They will oblige.

flashburn
11-05-09, 12:13 PM
USAToday article today says that RB improved in the 3rd quarter thanks to The Beatles, but still isn't breaking even.

What's it going to take? :sad:

I'm sure it is simply cause The Beatles: RB cost an assload to secure the rights for. They probably expected it to lose money for the first quarter or two of its release.

DVDChris
11-05-09, 12:16 PM
Anyone out there have a 360 export code for Lego Rock Band they want to sell? My code from my copy that I bought brand new from Amazon does not work. I've tried it hundreds of times on six different browsers on two different computers (plus my iphone). I keep getting an invalid code or code already redeemed message.

It's pissing me off because I have no desire to play the actual game. I just bought it so I could export the songs into RB2.

Thanks in advance.

Where are you inputting the code? Doesn't have to be input at harmonix's website or something which will generate the Xbox Live code?

clintilona
11-05-09, 12:23 PM
Where are you inputting the code? Doesn't have to be input at harmonix's website or something which will generate the Xbox Live code?

I've been entering it here: http://www.rockband.com/lego-export

Just tried again for the hell of it and it still doesn't work. I guess I'll have Amazon call me and see if I can get a new copy overnighted to me as suggested by flashburn. I have my doubts.

flashburn
11-05-09, 12:31 PM
I've been entering it here: http://www.rockband.com/lego-export

Just tried again for the hell of it and it still doesn't work. I guess I'll have Amazon call me and see if I can get a new copy overnighted to me as suggested by flashburn. I have my doubts.

I've only ever done it through email the few times I had an issue and needed a replacement product from amazon, but I have never had any issues doing that.

clintilona
11-05-09, 12:36 PM
I've only ever done it through email the few times I had an issue and needed a replacement product from amazon, but I have never had any issues doing that.

Well, I thank you for the advice because I just got off the phone with a helpful woman at Amazon CS and she is Next Day Airing me another copy. I never in a million years thought it would work. Thanks again!

Liver&Onions
11-05-09, 12:47 PM
i've realized i've played drums pretty much exclusively since getting RB. I'm still a medium level guitar player, and hard is doable - but i'm not sure i'm having fun doing it anymore!

pinata242
11-05-09, 12:51 PM
Has anyone tried the Super Easy mode yet? I really want to get that 100% 4-person band achievement, but since it's not online, I'll have to do it with my limited resources locally.

I'm hoping vocals is all talky and drums can be done with the pedal. Then I can do Charlene or something short, do guitar strumming, drum stepping, and vocal groaning while my 9 year-old handles bass strumming. At 90 seconds, it shouldn't be hard.

UncleGramps
11-05-09, 12:56 PM
i've realized i've played drums pretty much exclusively since getting RB. I'm still a medium level guitar player, and hard is doable - but i'm not sure i'm having fun doing it anymore!
Yeah, I do drums and vocals, and my guitar controllers are just collecting dust. I enjoy the fact that drumming in the game is pretty close to real drumming, which makes it hard for me to go back to the more abstract guitar play.

flashburn
11-05-09, 12:57 PM
Well, I thank you for the advice because I just got off the phone with a helpful woman at Amazon CS and she is Next Day Airing me another copy. I never in a million years thought it would work. Thanks again!

No problem. Amazon might not have the smartest CS rep's, but they certainly are the most helpful. They seem to be the only company that still stands by the age old motto "the customer is always right" (even when they aren't, :lol:).

UncleGramps
11-05-09, 12:57 PM
Has anyone tried the Super Easy mode yet? I really want to get that 100% 4-person band achievement, but since it's not online, I'll have to do it with my limited resources locally.

I'm hoping vocals is all talky and drums can be done with the pedal. Then I can do Charlene or something short, do guitar strumming, drum stepping, and vocal groaning while my 9 year-old handles bass strumming. At 90 seconds, it shouldn't be hard.
-ohbfrank-

;)

pinata242
11-05-09, 12:59 PM
"the customer is always right" (even when they aren't, :lol:).

Are you calling Clint a liar?

flashburn
11-05-09, 01:03 PM
Are you calling Clint a liar?

Maybe. ;)

I was merely referring to some of my past experiences with them, along with things I have read from other people.

Mad Dawg
11-05-09, 01:11 PM
I'm a bit annoyed by the DLC exclusions as well, but I think it imports just enough that it will still keep the game fresh to the end.

Yeah, it's certainly got enough to have fun with until I export it, but my main problem is with the decision to have actual LEGO bands whose major songs don't work. Why have

LEGO Spinal Tap when you know that there is virtually nothing from the TAP Ten that will be carried over and playable?

Anyway, www.rockbandaide.com has details today on how it all gets worked out internally at Harmonix, but when you chop two of the three pretty harmless REO Speedwagon songs, for example, their rating system seems as arbitrary as the ESRB. I guess it's to the game's credit that I'd want to play so many of the cut DLC in it. :shrug:

Liver&Onions
11-05-09, 01:21 PM
way more arbitrary. I mean, Favor House Atlantic gets a 'FF' while Jagged Gorgeous Winter gets a 'SR'? WTF Harmonix?

Also - why the hell does it import the entire queen pack, only to leave some greyed out that aren't rated FF?

flashburn
11-05-09, 01:39 PM
way more arbitrary. I mean, Favor House Atlantic gets a 'FF' while Jagged Gorgeous Winter gets a 'SR'? WTF Harmonix?

Also - why the hell does it import the entire queen pack, only to leave some greyed out that aren't rated FF?

Are you sure that is the case? I am pretty sure it only greys out the importable songs, and that the other ones aren't listed. The only reason they are greyed out is because you haven't unlocked the Lego versions of those bands. I noticed the same thing with the Spinal Tap and David Bowie songs so far.