DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Rock Band: The Official Thread

· Talking Heads – “And She Was”

· Talking Heads – “Crosseyed & Painless”

· Talking Heads – “Girlfriend is Better”

· Talking Heads – “Once in a Lifetime”

· Talking Heads – “Take Me to the River”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as Talking Heads Pack 01 and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system.
I am so in for that Talking Heads pack. I've been listening to them all summer.

Last edited by Matt; 08-29-09 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-29-09, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MWB
I am so in for that Talking Heads pack. I've been listening to them all summer.
I sit back in amazement at some of the stuff that people go crazy about. I've seen people say this is the best DLC ever and such, which blows my mind. I'm not bashing anyone, it's just weird seeing so much diversity in people's taste in music. Things that I think are "Eh" people go crazy about (U2/Rush/etc...) and some of the favorites for me seem to slip by un-noticed. Maybe I'm just old. I have, however, been turned on to some music that I would've never listened to because of the excitement that was generated here.
Old 08-29-09, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
I sit back in amazement at some of the stuff that people go crazy about. I've seen people say this is the best DLC ever and such, which blows my mind. I'm not bashing anyone, it's just weird seeing so much diversity in people's taste in music. Things that I think are "Eh" people go crazy about (U2/Rush/etc...) and some of the favorites for me seem to slip by un-noticed. Maybe I'm just old. I have, however, been turned on to some music that I would've never listened to because of the excitement that was generated here.
Yep, people have different tastes in music. It's truly fascinating.
Old 08-29-09, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,078 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
I completely agree. The Talking Heads and The Jam...shrug. I'll pass.

Hardly no one here even mentioned the KISS pack that came out a few weeks ago. Even if you don't like KISS, it was still some of the most fun to play DLC they have had in the last few months. But to each his own.

Go to the Live marketplace and scroll thru the RB DLC in the order of "popularity." I assume it is probably pretty accurate according to DLC sales and some of the stuff even in the Top 100 will surprise you. But more surprising is the stuff in the bottom 200.
Old 08-29-09, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!

Originally Posted by MWB
Yep, people have different tastes in music. It's truly fascinating.
It is fascinating, just like your reply. Thank you for your confirmation & approval of my post.
Old 08-30-09, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fucking awesome!
Old 08-30-09, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unplayed Especially with the recent ***** promotion!

mod note: You know better than to post that word in this thread.
Old 08-30-09, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The other Rock Band thread is way cooler than this one. You might as well just lock this thread.
Old 08-30-09, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Shag, has there been any word on retro-actively applying stars or is it going to be a fresh start?
Old 08-30-09, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Shag, has there been any word on retro-actively applying stars or is it going to be a fresh start?
I haven't heard either way. I'm going to assume it's a fresh start, other than perhaps GS scores. I don't think they internally keep track of what difficulty you played on. GS, however, are only attainable on Expert, so they could do that.
Old 08-30-09, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Are they going to give us the ability to hide songs too?
Old 08-30-09, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,078 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
Unplayed Especially with the recent ***** promotion!

mod note: You know better than to post that word in this thread.
Could we maybe consider a suspension for pinata? This isn't his first offense.
Old 08-30-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Rhythm Authors posted a RBN preview of 3 of the songs they are working on:
<object width="720" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://v.giantrealm.com/embed3/pi=Mjg=&fi=OWEzM2VkMzAyNjQzZDNiMDRkZjIxNGZlM2IwYTYyZmMwMWU3NmM0Yw==&vu=aHR0cDovL3ZpZGVvcy5nYW1lcmlvdC5jb20vdmlkZW8vOWEzM2VkMzAyNjQzZDNiMDRkZjIxNGZlM2IwYTYyZmMwMWU3NmM0Y y92aWRlby54bWw/X3Q9MTI1MTUyMzEzMA==&vuh=aHR0cDovL3ZpZGVvcy5nYW1lcmlvdC5jb20vdmlkZW8vOWEzM2VkMzAyNjQzZDNiMDRkZjIxNGZlM2IwYTYyZmMwMWU3NmM0 Yy92aWRlby54bWw/X3Q9MTI1MTUyMzEzMCZxdWFsaXR5PWhpZ2hxdWFsaXR5&cu=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5yaHl0aG1hdXRob3JzLmNvbS8=&tu=aHR0cDovL3ZzY2RuLmdpYW50cmVhbG0uY29tL2dpYW50cmVhbG0vMjAwNTkvMjAwNTlfcmFfcmJuX3ByZXZpZXdfMV8xMjUxN TIyNzg3LmpwZw==&vt=UHJldmlldyBWaWRlbyAx&c_embedding-allowed=MQ==&c_stats-url=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptacess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://v.giantrealm.com/embed3/pi=Mjg=&fi=OWEzM2VkMzAyNjQzZDNiMDRkZjIxNGZlM2IwYTYyZmMwMWU3NmM0Yw==&vu=aHR0cDovL3ZpZGVvcy5nYW1lcmlvdC5jb20vdmlkZW8vOWEzM2VkMzAyNjQzZDNiMDRkZjIxNGZlM2IwYTYyZmMwMWU3NmM0Y y92aWRlby54bWw/X3Q9MTI1MTUyMzEzMA==&vuh=aHR0cDovL3ZpZGVvcy5nYW1lcmlvdC5jb20vdmlkZW8vOWEzM2VkMzAyNjQzZDNiMDRkZjIxNGZlM2IwYTYyZmMwMWU3NmM0 Yy92aWRlby54bWw/X3Q9MTI1MTUyMzEzMCZxdWFsaXR5PWhpZ2hxdWFsaXR5&cu=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5yaHl0aG1hdXRob3JzLmNvbS8=&tu=aHR0cDovL3ZzY2RuLmdpYW50cmVhbG0uY29tL2dpYW50cmVhbG0vMjAwNTkvMjAwNTlfcmFfcmJuX3ByZXZpZXdfMV8xMjUxN TIyNzg3LmpwZw==&vt=UHJldmlldyBWaWRlbyAx&c_embedding-allowed=MQ==&c_stats-url=" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="720" height="480" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
Old 08-30-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Can I have a meatball sub?
Old 08-30-09, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Shagrath

Fucking awesome!
Ahhh but WHEN
Old 08-30-09, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MJG87
Ahhh but WHEN
It's kind of nebulous still. I've heard mid-September from one HMX employee, but then other articles state that the store is opening in November. So somewhere in that time frame.
Old 08-30-09, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Sort by unplayed? er, wait. I finally posted a score for every song I have just this morning.
Old 08-30-09, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think "Unplayed" is a category under the "Sort by Star Rating" option. If it doesn't give you stars from before the patch, I'm thinking everything will be "Unplayed" at the beginning.
Old 08-30-09, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Oh damn. I hadn't thought of that. So I have to play Visions again? Fuck that.

Also, I want the HMX20 to show up on the Marketplace at some point so I can buy the one song I like and delete the other 19.
Old 08-30-09, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I wish there was a way to play a random unplayed track, or a set of tracks. I think that if I start with 400+ songs classified as unplayed, I'm going to be overwhelmed
Old 08-30-09, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I still have PLENTY of gigs lef in World Tour and haven't touched the Challenges in 6 months. I figure I'll just start there. I still need the 'play a song in every venue' achievement, so that is something to help me push through for that one.
Old 08-30-09, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Talking Heads! Probably the best thing we've gotten since the Iron Maiden pack!
Old 08-30-09, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Can I express a very old and probably a very unpopular opinion here? I absolutely HATE the career mode in this game. Having to play four and five song mystery sets to unlock new content just stinks. It would be one thing if it were just songs from the base game, but it digs through the DLC and finds whatever it is looking for, no matter how long or hard it is. It's frustrating as hell to spend 15-20 minutes playing mystery songs and then get screwed by the final song and have to start all over. For such a great game with such a huge mostly awesome library, it's disappointing that the main part of the game is such a drag. I know most just play Quick-play and I do as well. It's not at all realistic that a band would take the stage not knowing what they were about to play, so why do it in the game, let alone make it the main mode of gameplay? With such a huge library of songs, wouldn't it make more sense to let the artists pick and choose their setlists more often? It's something I hope they address by RB3.
Old 08-30-09, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I agree with all of that, but it's the nature of the game. If you could pick and choose Charlene for every setlist just to make it shorter, then you're removing the challenge from the game.

It's the same logic they've given for not disabling songs from that mode.

Luckily that mode is completely optional. The Challenges unlock all the on-disc songs in a much more efficient manner and you can see exactly what you're going to do, plus it's dynamic based on your content. If you want to make your own setlist, that's in Quickplay (up to 100 songs!).

That said, it's obvious they've learned that people want all the on-disc songs unlocked from the beginning like The Beatles game does. It stands to reason Lego RB will as well because it's aimed younger.

So, my advice, skip World Tour mode.
Old 08-30-09, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah, I'm hoping in the next game we can manage the songs better, choosing to hide or expose them for mystery setlists. I understand they might not want us to avoid the core game tracks, but it would be nice to at least have control over the imported/DLC stuff. Or, perhaps you would have to leave a certain number of songs of a given difficulty, so you'd still have to play some hard tracks. If you hide too many, you'd get a message saying something like "This challenge requires 5 or more Impossible songs exposed."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.