Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Quick Alias season 1 question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-09, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Quick Alias season 1 question...

I watched season 1 three to four years back and loved it. I just picked up all 5 sets at Target but don't really want to re-watch all of season 1 again. What 6 episodes does everyone think would work for a refresher course?

I'm figure I'll go with 8 total, and I'm assuming the pilot and finale would be everyone's first picks. So what other 6 episodes would work best to hit the high points of the show?
Old 08-26-09, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Quick Alias season 1 question...

i would suggest the box (the 2 part episode that featured Quinten Tarantino as the bad guy), the clip show (it was apparently done to save money, and it has a cool car chase scene at the end) and the second to last episode of the season
Old 08-26-09, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's such a complex show i would say it would be best just to watch the entire season.

But here are the must see episodes of season 1.

Truth Be Told (pilot)
So It Begins (ep 2)
Doppelganger (ep 5)
Reckoning (ep 6)
Time Will Tell (ep 8)
The Box Part 1 & 2 (ep 12 & 13)
Page 47 (ep 15) Very Important
The Prophecy (ep 16) Very Important
Q & A (ep 17) the recap episode
The Solution (ep 20)
Rendezvous (ep 21)
Almost Thirty Years (ep 22)

And almost every episode ends in some kind of cliffhanger so you might have to watch the start of the next episode.

Again just watch the entire season!
Old 08-27-09, 05:48 AM

I'm just watching this right now, currently finishing season 3, and season 1 is by far the best so far. It's all downhill after that. Season 2 is still pretty decent but season 3 is mostly filler. Typical JJ Abrams show...
Old 08-27-09, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by macontosh2000
It's such a complex show i would say it would be best just to watch the entire season.
Yep. You really should not skip out on any of them. I mean really? You bought them all and now want to know which to essentially throw away?
Old 08-27-09, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Are they on sale at Target? I need S4 & S5 to finish my collection.
Old 08-27-09, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

12.99 sale ends at the end of the month
Old 08-27-09, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Yep. You really should not skip out on any of them. I mean really? You bought them all and now want to know which to essentially throw away?
Like I said, I've already seen the whole season once and don't really feel the need to invest 17 hours re-watching them all again, just enough to give me an idea of what's going on before jumping to season 2. I have a half dozen other shows I haven't seen that I could spend that 17 hours on.

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
12.99 sale ends at the end of the month
i.e. Monday. Run to your nearest Target and get rainchecks because the shelves will more than likely be empty.
Old 08-28-09, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Like I said, I've already seen the whole season once and don't really feel the need to invest 17 hours re-watching them all again, just enough to give me an idea of what's going on before jumping to season 2. I have a half dozen other shows I haven't seen that I could spend that 17 hours on.
But I believe there are several smaller details in the first season that come back to the forefront later as the Rambaldi stuff progresses. And the construction of the arcs that lead to reboots are important too. Not to mention all of the Will Tippin and Francie Calfo subplots that are peppered throughout and also become important later.

In short, the entire season is important if you want to fully understand stuff that comes later. But you seem hell bent on trying to skip as much as possible so go ahead and do what you want to do...
Old 08-28-09, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. Picked up S5, and got a rain check for S4.
Old 08-28-09, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Just watch S1 and then stop? I never bothered watching past the first few of S5 since it kept on going downhill in the same vein as S2-4.
Old 08-28-09, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by rfduncan
But I believe there are several smaller details in the first season that come back to the forefront later as the Rambaldi stuff progresses. And the construction of the arcs that lead to reboots are important too. Not to mention all of the Will Tippin and Francie Calfo subplots that are peppered throughout and also become important later.

In short, the entire season is important if you want to fully understand stuff that comes later. But you seem hell bent on trying to skip as much as possible so go ahead and do what you want to do...
You seem offended.

Didn't they essentially reboot this show in season 2 anyway to attract new viewers?
Old 08-28-09, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I mean honestly if you think you remember the series well enough I'd say just watch episodes 1 and 22 and then call it a day. But 'Alias' is a very complex/evolving show and much like the 'Sopranos' insignificant moments become crazy important years later - so I would suggest just sitting through the whole season again.

With all this recent talk about the series because of the sales I'm tempted to re-watch it again myself... I havn't seen the episodes since the box sets were released.