Warehouse 13 -- "Duped" -- 8/25/09

Old 08-25-09, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Warehouse 13 -- "Duped" -- 8/25/09

Warehouse 13

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Pete and Myka go to Las Vegas to fetch an artifact that is helping a couple of gamblers, but the mission goes awry when Myka becomes trapped in a famous author's mirror. Erica Cerra, Niall Matter.

Sounds like a fun episode. Looking forward to it.
Old 08-26-09, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Warehouse 13 -- "Duped" -- 8/25/09

Not bad for a cutesy cross-promo episode. Joanne was hot as Alice and I got a chuckle when she did the didtz voice at the door.
They need to get Artie out of the watchtower .... errr warehouse. Hell, put all five out in the field.

I wonder if Saul hurt his arm and they tacked the stabbing scene on the end of the previous episode to make it part of the story.

Last edited by Ayre; 08-26-09 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-28-09, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I loved this episode. It was fun and didn't take itself too seriously and everyone looked like they were having a good time.

OMG, Joanne was smoking hot as Alice. That black dress just looked dynamite on her body.

It was good to see Allison back as Claudia. I thought it was hilarious that she just "happened" to whip up that new contraption to communicate with Myka inside the mirror. I think the character has added alot to the show and I hope they will make her a series regular in season 2.

I also thought it was funny that the Studio 54 disco ball was an artifact as well.

I agree with Ayre that maybe Saul injured himself in the last episode, hence he was still wearing the sling. Usually they never carry over injuries into the following episode.

Very much enjoying the show.
Old 08-28-09, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

There were three artifacts that actually could be possible in real life...the looking glass, the disco ball, and the gaming chip.

The writers are doing a good job of ensuring the artifact's history is in line with what the audience already knew about them while adding a fresh "paranormal" twist. Good job.
Old 08-28-09, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the show really hit its stride this episode. You got to see great interaction among all the characters:
  • Pete and Claudia during the meeting
  • Artie and Myka during the mirror conversation
  • Pete and "Myka" when they discuss the kiss
  • Artie and Claudia simultaneously trying to protect each other from rogue agent
  • Leena as a counselor

The ending was especially nice where Myka and Artie hugged after she previously said she was going to kick his @$$ when she got out of the mirror.
Old 08-29-09, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Just spent the last three day watching the last 5 eps of Warehouse 13. This show really is becoming I can care about. LOVED the whole Alice Looking Glass thing, pretty original and actually well done. And I CANNOT wait to see what else is in the Dark Vault.

The recurring bit with Pete playing ping pong with his reflection was great, unfortunately we've seen an end to that. :-(
I did like Pete bouncing ping pong balls of Alice's head, though LOL.
Old 09-01-09, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amusing to see "Zane and Jo" from Eureka playing a totally different couple than they play on that show.