Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having problems w/ Blockbuster online?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-09, 06:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had 3 discs return on the 14th. 1 replacement shipped on the 17th (I returned it but they haven't received it yet), another replacement shipped on the 18th (which was returned/received on the 21st) the 3rd replacement was shipped on the 20th (which was received today). Usually they are pretty good about turn around but taking 4 days to send the 3 replacements Currently also I have nothing "shipped" (including the one I sent back but never received return confirmation). I was just wondering if it was something strange w/ my account or what?
Old 08-24-09, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anyone else having problems w/ Blockbuster online?

My account has been super slow as well and has been taking 4 days at times to send out the next one. Also, one of my titles didn't show up by the expected date, so I reported it lost, then of course, it shows up the next day, but the replacement was already in processing and I'll be getting another one now. I plan to cancel my subscription this week and will state the extremely show shipping as the reason. I stop and start my subscription often so I can see some newer releases, then catch up with my own collection. In this instance, about 5 of the newer titles were "short wait" all month so I never got to see them after all.
Old 08-24-09, 11:48 PM

Mine's been fine. But I have Total Access.

I always return at the store and 95% of the time it would clear my Queue by the time I get home to check. Then the next day, the replacement disk would ship.

I guess that's why I like the Total Access even though it's a little bit of a hassle to have to return at the store. But I like the security of knowing it was checked in and then logging in to my account and seeing it cleared.
Old 08-25-09, 02:09 PM

I had the 1 at a time plan and everything was fine until just recently. It was taking a couple of days for them to send a new one after I returned. They used to ship a new one the same day as the old one was returned. I returned one in the mail on Tuesday and it showed up as received the next day. Three days later they still had not shipped a new movie so I canceled the account. I let them know that the slow shipping was the main reason and that I could get more per month through Redbox. A day after I canceled, they shipped the next movie.
Old 08-25-09, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

I'm a Total Access member as well. Online shipments have slowed down for me as well over the past month. While I'm on the 3-at-a-time plan, there's usually no more than two movies shipped/rented at a time. Returns to the store clear my queue pretty quickly, but Blockbuster appears to be in no hurry to send out movies ...

I followed all the suggestions (move available movies to the top, remove any Very Long Wait titles from the queue, etc), but that doesn't seem to be helping the situation.
Old 08-25-09, 10:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I finally dropped them today too and increased my Netflix account to make up the difference. I used to like BB since they were better at shipping new releases, but if they aren't going to ship anything at all (not to mention frequent problems w/ their Q s/w not working right [difficult to break up sets and move individual items around]) it's not worth giving them any money which is what I told them in the comment section as I closed the account.
Old 09-01-09, 09:22 PM

Is part of Blockbuster down? Trying to get the the Help page to email and get 404 Not Found.
Old 09-01-09, 10:54 PM

I was just told that blockbuster online has up to 2 business day to send the next movie in the queue. It seem that they are purposely waiting 2 days to send the next movie. which allows them to make money on these delays and I have the 3 movies Total Access plan. In blockbusters new structure you can only get a total of 6 movies a week with the plan I have. That saves them 6 movies that I will not be able to get like it was before these new policy. Just do the math and they are ripping you off movies that you can not possibly get in this new structure. That still comes to $1.46 movie if you do not miss a bet on the store returns.

Last edited by lalvb; 09-01-09 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-01-09, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by TheOne
Is part of Blockbuster down? Trying to get the the Help page to email and get 404 Not Found.

Their web servers crashes this afternoon and they still haven't brought all of them back up. I also think they do not what you to get there phone number to call. but call this number for BB online customer care 214-854-3000

Last edited by lalvb; 09-01-09 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-02-09, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Conspiracy Theory here.

I think Blockbuster and even Netflix will not send out your next movie in your queue as fast once they think they got you hooked and to save money or make more money$$$ for them.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 09-02-09 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-02-09, 12:56 AM

Guess the "help/contact us" link is still down.

However, did email them about it. (Did a reply to an old email from them when they replied back to me).

Strange thing was after emailing them, my problem was fixed about 10 minutes later. Not sure if the server was back up for their database for syncing up returns at store to queue online because a few hours later, got an email back saying they removed the returned movies from my queue.

Checked the rental history and there was a message about this. Usually if it works correctly there is no message.

That was fast service.
Old 09-02-09, 12:57 AM

The other thing I've noticed is that it used to be available movies should get to you 1 to 2 days. Otherwise if it takes longer, they skip to next available movie.

Now it's 1 to 3 days.
Old 09-02-09, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

ive experienced this now for the past 3 weeks. I would normally return my online movie tuesday morning for a new release and nothing from my online queue would ship until thursday! this week i returned the movie on monday and they shipped this morning! normally i would get a movie to ship the same day, now i gotta wait 2 additional days?? i think netflix is beginning to call my name again...
Old 09-09-09, 06:17 AM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have also been having problems for the past three weeks or so and have not received any satisfactory solution or answer from customer service. They keep telling me that I need to make sure that I have 15 available titles in my queue (BS!!!) and that my local distribution center has been going through an upgrade (more BS I'm sure). The queue just sits idle, nothing ships until the end of the week and I'm not able to exchange anything in store to get more movies for the week. The service is lousy, the CS is useless, and I'm sure that this is just BB's way of controlling cost.
Old 09-10-09, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Same assorted issues here, very slow shipping over the last month. I email to complain and they sent me a coupon for a free rental. However I stated that if it continues I will be cancelling my service.
Old 09-18-09, 10:26 AM

In late August I had some massive problems, and didn't get any movies shipped for almsot two weeks. I called about every other day to find out what was happening. I never got a viable explantion, but they kept issuing me free in store rental coupons and gave me a month free. I thought that was fair and much better CS than Netflix would ever deliver. I am sad to see them closing so many stores. The in-store enchange progam really set BB online above Netflix IMO.
Old 09-22-09, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I complained about the slow shipping, and learned something interesting via email from their CSR:

"If an item is checked in on a weekend (including Friday) the next expected business day for a new shipment would fall on the following Tuesday with limited shipments on Monday."

So, basically Blockbuster is shipping 4 days per week, while Netflix is shipping 6 days per week (from many warehouses). Explains why I see a lot more red envelopes than blue envelopes in my mailbox these days
Old 09-23-09, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I continued complaining about the fact that I have had an open slot available for a movie to ship since last Tuesday, while following their instructions to keep at least 15 available movies in my queue.

Now I received the "we're upgrading the software in our distribution centers" excuse - along with a coupon for a free movie rental.

I wonder if "we're upgrading the software in our distribution centers" = "we're replacing our high-tech, high-cost shipping software with a team of untrained monkeys in order to save some money and slightly delay our company's slide into the abyss of bankrupcty".

Even so, maybe the team of monkeys would improve on the current shipping process
Old 09-29-09, 09:53 AM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is strictly speculation but I'm guessing that they are purposely creating delays in their shipments as they are probably ordering less copies of movies to send out and also figuring that they can control their cost (postage, handling, etc) by sending out less movies, less frequently. That sucks for someone like me that rides the train for a few hours each day and watch movies on the portable DVD player....helps pass the time!
Old 09-29-09, 09:55 AM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just checked my queue and wouldn't you know it...even though CSR tell me that the queue will be addressed in the order that I have movies listed. It selected to send the 18th movie on my list instead of the 6 available that are sitting on top!!!!! Pathetic!
Old 09-29-09, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The more I get frustrated with Blockbuster's "service", the easier it is to imagine that those old careerbuilder.com commercials - with the guy in a bad job while the monkeys run the business - are a fairly accurate take on the company's current management ...
Old 10-21-09, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Being a previous customer, BB sent me an email for a free 2-week trial last month. I finally decided to use it a couple of weeks ago. For the first week everything went fine, well other than over half of the movies in my queue being on long/very long wait.

Last week though, was totally different. I returned 3 movies by mail on Wed. They received them on Thurs. They sent nothing on that thurs, 1 movie on friday, nothing on saturday, nothing on monday, nothing on tuesday. Tuesday was the last day of the free trial, so you better believe I cancelled.

I sent an email Sunday night asking why no movies were being sent. I got one of those hollow emails saying "we'll look into it, but for the time being here's a printable free rental". Haven't heard anything since. It has been awhile since I was with BB, did not like them then & trust me, nothing has changed.

Only reason I took advantage of the free trial was to see if thay had improved, plus no extra on blu-ray rentals. Shipping times have greatly improved, that is when they actually shipped a movie. But to have long/very long waits on over half of my queue? Same as it was last time I was with them. I think I will stick to my netflix account for the forseeable future.
Old 10-21-09, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Netflix is definitely working better for me.

My Blockbuster update: for the first time in six weeks, Blockbuster appears to have actually sent me three movies (out concurrently) from my queue. Again, I've had open slots in my shipping queue for the past month-and-a-half. Even having 20+ Available titles in my queue didn't help.

I suspect this is to lull me into thinking that things have improved ...