Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

It's a mad mad mad mad world @ cinerama dome

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 08-21-09, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Monday Aug.24 Arclight/Cineramadome will be showing It's a mad mad mad world in the DOME for one showing only at 8pm. It a 70mm print (6 channel digital sound) and a employee there told me that we might be seeing something extra? whatever that means? Anyone know what the extra is?
Old 08-21-09, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: It's a mad mad mad mad world @ cinerama dome

The price of the ticket?

Just kidding, I have no idea. I see they're also showing How the West Was Won as well. I'd like to hit that one up, though I doubt I'll actually be able to make it.

Report back if you do go...
Old 08-25-09, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stanley Kramers Family was there to watch the film (2 rows of them ). His wife introduced the film and talked about how stanley got involved in it and told some stories about the production and the theatre. I asked her hows the resoration going and she said what restoration? She said that Robert Harris wants to restore it and is currently collecting anything he can find but they need 2 million to restor it. When asked about the 4 hour preview print of the film she said nobody knows where it is, she said nobody knows what happend to most film that they shot. She did say that we are very lucky to have the current edition of the film with the intermission ( with vocal tracks playing during the intermission) but the problem is finding the funding for Robert Harris to complete what he has gathered. Man is she good looking for someone her age!
Old 08-26-09, 09:59 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by danstheday
Stanley Kramers Family was there to watch the film (2 rows of them ). His wife introduced the film and talked about how stanley got involved in it and told some stories about the production and the theatre. I asked her hows the resoration going and she said what restoration? She said that Robert Harris wants to restore it and is currently collecting anything he can find but they need 2 million to restor it. When asked about the 4 hour preview print of the film she said nobody knows where it is, she said nobody knows what happend to most film that they shot. She did say that we are very lucky to have the current edition of the film with the intermission ( with vocal tracks playing during the intermission) but the problem is finding the funding for Robert Harris to complete what he has gathered. Man is she good looking for someone her age!
^ I'll give $25 for the project!

I was really glad the AFI Silver showed this in 70mm a few years back, the presentation was top notch and the film obviousily meant to be seen on the largest screen possible.