Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Expendables 2 --> News, casting, rumors, etc...

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Expendables 2 --> News, casting, rumors, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-09, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
So who would you like to see turn up in The Expendables 2:Live Free of Die Expendable

I have heard reports over the last few weeks of Bruce Willis now making a cameo in the movie. He along with an already impressive cast makes this a must see for next year. I was just wondering though, say Sly is the only character to survive the first movie. Who would make up a good team for the second flick. I wrote some down off the top of my head. Some i think would work better than others. What do you guys think. Who would you like to see?

Wesley Snipes (If he is out of jail by then)
Jean Claude Van Damme (Turned down the 1st one...probably a mistake)
Kurt Russell (I would LOVE to see him back in action kicking ass. If we can't get another Snake movie then this would do)
Vin Diesel
The Rock (He had the Arnie cameo already in the Rundown....never felt like he has ever hit his full potential)
Antonio Banderas (Whatever happened to the star of Desperado - and i am not talking about Salma's lovely boobies)
Jean Reno (Another actor that was once great. We needed more roles for him like Leon)
Clint Eastwood (Use him and maybe Harrison Ford as cameos....i am sure they never would do it.....but damn if that wouldn't be great)
Old 08-18-09, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: So who would you like to see turn up in The Expendables 2:Live Free of Die Expend

As the villain of the movie:
Old 08-18-09, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: So who would you like to see turn up in The Expendables 2:Live Free of Die Expend

Sir....that is an awesome choice. Lance Henrikson has always been an actor i enjoy to watch.
Old 08-18-09, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Michael Biehn
Old 08-29-10, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I think we all agree that we'd like to see a movie with Team Ross and Team Trench competing over a contract with them later having to team up against a major foe only the two of them could take on together. Well how about making Mr. Church the series badguy and have his own team be that major threat?

And here's one guy I'd definitely like to see in Team Church:

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0xOTmeL62Zk?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0xOTmeL62Zk?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8VGEE7br65Q?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8VGEE7br65Q?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

Last edited by RocShemp; 08-29-10 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-29-10, 12:39 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd go w/ Donnie Yen more. He can speak clear English and he's amazing...though I'd love to see a team-up of Li and Yen vs. Jing Wu...
Old 08-29-10, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
I'd go w/ Donnie Yen more. He can speak clear English and he's amazing...though I'd love to see a team-up of Li and Yen vs. Jing Wu...
I'd rather have Yen in Trench's team. Wu Jing could be a silent badass working for Church.

Imagine Li/Statham and Yen/Van Damme versus Wu Jing and whatever badass white guy we can think of.

In any case, I'm sure we can agree that this demands a rematch:

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wnXuJOrf_8c?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wnXuJOrf_8c?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
Old 08-29-10, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ what movie is that from?
Old 08-29-10, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by achau9598
^ what movie is that from?
SPL.
Old 08-29-10, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kurt Russell
Michael Dudikoff
Jean Claude Van Damme
Chuck Norris
Sho Kosugi
Steven Seagal
Carl Weathers
Michael Biehn
Old 08-29-10, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Just throwing some names here:
Lou Ferrigno
Roddy Piper
Thomas Ian Griffith
Michael Ironside
Tom Berenger (The Substitute, Sniper movie)
Roddy Pipper
Tom Jane
Hulk Hogan
Brian Bosworth (The Boz)
Jeff Speakman
Christopher Lambert
Terence Hill
Danny Trejo
Jan Michael Vincent (I would of picked him, but he is in really bad shape )
Old 08-29-10, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I believe Yen has said he has no interest in being in American films. Having said that I think Solid Snake should be the villain. The Expendables vs. a Mexican Serial Rapist? I think yes.
Old 08-29-10, 05:31 PM
Banned

....I could only survive w/ my dick out in the open for so long before it gets hurt. Maybe if I did it all ninja like.
Old 08-29-10, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Apollo Creed
Old 08-29-10, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

I want to see the cast list by MTV

Believe it or not, there's still plenty of fight left in the old dog known as Sylvester Stallone, as seen by the success of "The Expendables," the actor, writer and director's 1980s action cinema throwback that secured box office gold this past weekend. With victory in mind, it's clear that Stallone and the studio executives at Lionsgate are already thinking about sequel possibilities. But really, there's only one sequel idea that makes any kind of sense: expanding on the team led by Trench, Stallone's mercenary rival played by Arnold Schwarzenegger in an all-too-brief cameo role.

It's the perfect comeback movie for Schwarzenegger, and it opens up all sorts of doors for further casting excellence. After the jump, we've got a few suggestions for who could saddle up alongside Trench as part of the "Expendables" sequel's new team!

Jean-Claude Van Damme
Notably absent from "The Expendables," Van Damme is absolutely essential if a sequel gets the green light. He would serve on Trench's team as the martial arts expert, affording him the opportunity to go toe-to-toe not just with Jet Li, but also his "Universal Soldier" co-star Dolph Lundgren.

Steven Seagal
Although he turned down the opportunity to star in "The Expendables" in a cameo role, it's never too late for the "Under Siege" actor to change his mind. Already appearing as a villain in "Machete," Seagal could turn that frown upside down by serving as the mentor to Trench's team, not unlike Mickey Rourke's work as Tool in the first "Expendables."

Carl Weathers
You can't have a Schwarzenegger-led team without his "Predator" co-star Carl Weathers at his side. Just as JCVD has personal history with Dolph Lundgren, Weathers still has to avenge Apollo Creed's murder at the hands of the icy Ivan Drago. Not only that, it's another chance to see Apollo versus Rocky Balboa on the big screen — to quote Ina Garten, how bad could that be?

Michael Biehn
Although he doesn't have the name recognition of some of the other possible "Expendables" players, Biehn had starring roles in "Terminator," "Aliens" and even "The Rock" that proved his capabilities as an action hero. Enlisting for the "Expendables" sequel could provide Biehn with an opportunity to return to his glory days as a rough, gruff reliable grunt. Plus, what "Terminator' fanperson won't be tickled by the idea of the original Kyle Reese teaming up with the T-800 that killed him.

Kurt Russell
Even if he's no longer wanted by studios for the role of Snake Plissken, there's no question that moviegoers would love to see the "Escape From New York" star back in theaters in an action hero role. Armed to the teeth with snark and attitude, Russell could provide the wild, unpredictable comic relief on Schwarzenegger's team of "Expendables."
Old 08-29-10, 06:05 PM
Banned

I don't think JCVD would come back, not after what he did. I'd like to see The Rock in Trench's team. Someone younger in the group. Also..hopefully his new action flick Faster will show us that The Rock isn't opposed to being a badass more often, looks cool for sure...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j7xwTQO2IDU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j7xwTQO2IDU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 08-29-10, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
I don't think JCVD would come back, not after what he did.
I get the same feeling too. Didn't Van Damme diss Stallone saying he should have played a priest? I think Van Damme shitted himself with that decision.

I would love to see Chuck Norris, Carl Weathers, Steven Segal and most importantly Kurt Russel!
Old 08-29-10, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

All great suggestions on this page ... will be honest though I want JCVD in the next movie if they make.
Old 08-29-10, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Jesse Ventura.
Old 08-30-10, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Meglos
As the villain of the movie:
Seriously.

I'm not ashamed to admit I've had a crush on him for years. He's an awesome actor.
Old 08-30-10, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I think Schwarzeneggers team should be all former Rocky opponents
Carl Weathers
Mr. T
Hulk Hogan
Dolph (switching sides in some not-so-dramatic twist)

I don't think we need Tommy Morrison or Antonio Tarver

Jesse Ventura would be cool
Old 08-30-10, 12:00 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

While not necessarily an action star, Tom Berenger may fit in nicely with the ensemble cast.
Old 08-30-10, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Or.... Schwarzenegger's team could be his team from Predator. Just tossing that out there.
Old 08-30-10, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Or.... Schwarzenegger's team could be his team from Predator. Just tossing that out there.
i'd rather have Shane Black writing
Old 08-30-10, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by sauce07
i'd rather have Shane Black writing
You're preaching to the converted, my friend. Hence my comment in the other thread:

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Originally Posted by Daytripper
I agree with everything you said. I really hated this movie. And it was something I've been looking forward to for over a year. Sly, please please get the people who worked on and helped you with the last "Rocky" and "Rambo" films. Because they were great. I'm definitely on board for "E2". I just want a better script. Or at least a script in general. I know you can do it.
In an ideal world, he'd get Shane Black to write the script.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.