Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

SMT: Devil Survivor

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-09, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SMT: Devil Survivor

Anyone else love this game, or at least till the last day?

I couldn't stop playing this and then I got to the last day and made my decision on what I would do and then lost 2 members of my party and gained like 3 of them, but none are as good as my healer was. I tried to play it a few times after that but I just can't get back into it right now. It really sucks that they made the game so one decision would make you lose 1 of your favorite characters.
Old 08-16-09, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Re: SMT: Devil Survivor

SMT? Super Mario Tennis??
Old 08-17-09, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
SMT? Super Mario Tennis??
Shin Megami Tensei. The most consistently awesome RPG series I have ever seen. No matter where they take the series whether it is Persona, Digital Devil Saga, Nocturne or the new Devil Survivor for DS the games are outstanding. Atlus is by far the best RPG developer in Japan right now.

I haven't picked up Devil Survivor yet, but it is definitely on my radar. The one downside to the SMT series is you can easily spend 100 hours playing each one so it takes me awhile to get to the next one.
Old 08-17-09, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My only problem with this game is the last day. All the way through day 6 I was overpowering every opponent. I did plenty of grinding just because it was so fun and I was able to constantly level my demons and collect the Macca. As soon as day 7 hit though I am now at the point where my "leaders" level faster than the demons and my demons are mostly outmatched. Some of my favorite demons are only like level 39-41 and my "leaders" are all over 50. Fusing isn't the answer either because almost every fusion makes them something weaker even if it is a higher level.

I finally got the new party all figured out but the demons are so week it sucks. It feels like the game expects me to grind another 20 hours at the start of day 7 just to level the demons so they don't die in one hit. Either that or I really screwed something up along the way.

Edit:Just checked a walkthrough and I did choose the hardest path. I didn't realize how many paths there really were and that if you beat it on yuzu's path the first time it is easier and everything carries over to the next play through.

Last edited by s}{ammer; 08-17-09 at 12:21 PM.