Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Hooters' Commercial - Reaching a New Low?

ctyankee
08-12-09, 10:26 PM
I just saw a new Hooters' Commercial where the waitresses are made to appear like they are dining with male patrons rather than serving them food. I mean it so blatant, it's sad/funny. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting much from a Hooters' commercial, but seriously, how desperate have they become? What's next a waitress wiping off her chin as she comes out from under a table?

JOE29
08-12-09, 10:29 PM
It's Hollywood. Exploitation at it's best.

General Zod
08-12-09, 10:34 PM
I like their chicken wings. Didn't even know they had waitresses there.

Also want to take this opportunity to say Hi to my wife, KBMagic, who reads this forum. :wave:

My Other Self
08-12-09, 10:35 PM
If you think Hooters has good wings, then you've never had actual good wings. I can't stand their food and the women that work at the one here don't remotely have nice hooters.

Quack
08-12-09, 10:38 PM
I just hate seeing the commercials around where I live because they isn't one within 100 miles of here.

Groucho
08-12-09, 10:40 PM
Hard to comment without seeing the commercial. :shrug:

mhg83
08-12-09, 10:41 PM
I just saw a new Hooters' Commercial where the waitresses are made to appear like they are dining with male patrons rather than serving them food. I mean it so blatant, it's sad/funny. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting much from a Hooters' commercial, but seriously, how desperate have they become? What's next a waitress wiping off her chin as she comes out from under a table?

Well Butters would believe them:

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:154318" width="480" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" flashVars="autoPlay=false&dist=http://video.google.com&orig=" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

My Other Self
08-12-09, 10:53 PM
I just hate seeing the commercials around where I live because they isn't one within 100 miles of here.They don't seem to be booming in New York State. I grew up in Buffalo and we had one, but it closed down a few years ago. Now the closest one to there is in Rochester (I think that one may have closed though, too).

Supermallet
08-12-09, 10:58 PM
In my mind, no, their shirts have not gone low enough!

TimeandTide
08-12-09, 11:43 PM

Can't comment on the commercial since it's not posted, but doesn't surprise me at all that Hooters would advertise that their waitresses sit with customers. The last two times I've been (once alone and once with a friend), the waitress pulled up a chair and attempted to make small talk. Hot, yes, but incredibly awkward.

Sort of pointless as it's not like they can up-sell to a couch dance in the VIP room or anything.

The Cow
08-12-09, 11:48 PM
Yeah, gonna have to see it. The girls at the Hooter's around here do tend to hand around the tables and chat a lot.

Must be something special in the ad if it's "reaching a new low". :shrug:

spainlinx0
08-12-09, 11:49 PM
I have never eaten at Hooters.

My Other Self
08-12-09, 11:54 PM
Yeah, gonna have to see it. The girls at the Hooter's around here do tend to hand around the tables and chat a lot.

Must be something special in the ad if it's "reaching a new low". :shrug:That's what they all do. I don't see how this ad is a new low since every time I've dined at one, it's been the same thing. In 3 different states. I think perhaps the OP is offended?

Kittydreamer
08-13-09, 12:01 AM
I like their chicken wings. Didn't even know they had waitresses there.

Also want to take this opportunity to say Hi to my wife, KBMagic, who reads this forum. :wave:

:lol: :lol:

X
08-13-09, 12:31 AM
I have never eaten at Hooters.I've never even seen one.

Th0r S1mpson
08-13-09, 12:42 AM
I've never even seen one.

They usually travel in pairs.

Hank Ringworm
08-13-09, 12:45 AM
If they ever reach a lower low than their food, I'll give everyone who's posted in this thread five dollars.

mndtrp
08-13-09, 12:49 AM
The waitresses at my Hooters sit with customers quite often. Without seeing the commercial, I don't see the big deal.

Their wings aren't the best, but I sometimes have a hankering for some.

big whoppa
08-13-09, 06:04 AM
Years ago, I brought a couple of female co-workers to Hooters for giggles. I wanted to see their reaction at the good-looking busty women. It was my first experience there. I'm no big expert on wings but they were mighty tasty.

While not a new commercial that OP must have seen, this looks like what he was describing in the beginning:

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AB5WDogTPF4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AB5WDogTPF4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

mndtrp
08-13-09, 06:29 AM
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a Hooters commercial.

atlantamoi
08-13-09, 06:39 AM
Had a coupon a looong time ago and got some carry out wings. Easily the worst wings I've ever tried. Just awful.

TGM
08-13-09, 06:55 AM

given the thread title and my haste, I originally read this as "appear like they are dining ON male patrons" which, is, of course, a commercial I'd like to see.

Vipper II
08-13-09, 06:59 AM

I was in a Hooters once, but got kicked out before I had the chance to eat my Cuban sandwich. Apparently, the fact that I had had too much to drink and was puking all over the floor didn't sit well with management.

Trevor
08-13-09, 07:47 AM
Had a coupon a looong time ago and got some carry out wings. Easily the worst wings I've ever tried. Just awful.

They taste better if you eat them in the restaurant for some reason.

nickdawgy
08-13-09, 07:54 AM

Neither have I.

maxfisher
08-13-09, 07:56 AM
I love Hooters wings, but it's mainly because no other restaurants around here do breaded hot wings and I suck at making them myself.

spainlinx0
08-13-09, 08:18 AM
That is a bizarre commercial. Is the guy rolling out of there at the end?

LiquidSky
08-13-09, 08:47 AM
...but seriously, how desperate have they become?

Here in Nashville, desperate enough to play cornhole on the sidewalk to attract customers. :rolleyes: :lol:

Red Dog
08-13-09, 08:54 AM

Must be something special in the ad if it's "reaching a new low". :shrug:

Yep.

Goat3001
08-13-09, 09:03 AM
I love Hooters wings, but it's mainly because no other restaurants around here do breaded hot wings and I suck at making them myself.

Same here. I'm a big fan of breaded wings and it almost seems like I can't find them anywhere else.

The only think I hate about Hooters are the waitresses. None of them know what they're doing and they keep flirting to get better tips. I know they're trying to make a living and I respect that, so I'll always tip generously as long as you bring me my food in a timely manner, don't fuck up the order and keep the pitcher filled up. I don't need you to "flirt" with me or sit at my table and hang out with me while I have buffalo sauce all over my face because that is just annoying.

drmoze
08-13-09, 09:13 AM
Same here. I'm a big fan of breaded wings and it almost seems like I can't find them anywhere else.

1849. On Bleecker St. in the village. Close to the ACE/BDFV West 4th. Excellent breaded buffalo-style wings, 20 cents each from 3-6 pm every day, all day Sun-Mon. Plus half-price beer and well drinks every day until 8 pm ($3 for a pint of good beer--Guinness, Sam, Bass, etc.). You can thank me later. ;)

Brian Shannon
08-13-09, 09:16 AM

Agreed, never had a reason to

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a Hooters commercial.

I never have either

rexinnih
08-13-09, 09:59 AM
They usually travel in pairs.

rotfl

Shilex
08-13-09, 11:20 AM
Hooter's food sucks! And the waitresses here in Augusta are nothing to write home about. The only time they have smokin hot waitresses is during The Masters when they bus in the good stuff. We had one that looked almost exactly like Megan Fox last time. :drool:

Red Dog
08-13-09, 11:22 AM
The only Hooters commercial I've seen is the one with Dookie V, which is pretty odd.

I can't stand the breaded wings, but I think their 'naked' wings are semi-decent.

Goat3001
08-13-09, 11:48 AM
1849. On Bleecker St. in the village. Close to the ACE/BDFV West 4th. Excellent breaded buffalo-style wings, 20 cents each from 3-6 pm every day, all day Sun-Mon. Plus half-price beer and well drinks every day until 8 pm ($3 for a pint of good beer--Guinness, Sam, Bass, etc.). You can thank me later. ;)

I'm going to be in the area on Saturday and I'm going to close this place down. Thanks :toast:

madcougar
08-13-09, 12:08 PM
Wings are ok. But the girls and their pushy attitudes suck. If I want to see tits and ass I'll go to a strip club thank you very much.

Wazootyman
08-13-09, 01:48 PM
I was in a Hooters once, but got kicked out before I had the chance to eat my Cuban sandwich. Apparently, the fact that I had had too much to drink and was puking all over the floor didn't sit well with management.

Yet they'll allow commercials showing the waitresses eating with customers. Ridiculous.

Blu Man
08-13-09, 02:54 PM
Hooters serves food? Seriously though, I ate there once and the waitresses weren't even hot. One of them had really messes up teeth, one was really short, and the other was just plain ugly.

tylergfoster
08-13-09, 03:29 PM
how desperate have they become? What's next a waitress wiping off her chin as she comes out from under a table?Knowing the waitresses will eat off the floor doesn't entice me to go!

big whoppa
08-13-09, 03:41 PM
Knowing the waitresses will eat off the floor doesn't entice me to go!

I think he was talking about wiping her chin after doing something else. Yeah, my perverted mind.

Michael Corvin
08-13-09, 04:05 PM
I ate there once and the waitresses weren't even hot. One of them had really messes up teeth, one was really short, and the other was just plain ugly.

You live near me don't you?

tylergfoster
08-13-09, 04:14 PM
I think he was talking about wiping her chin after doing something else. Yeah, my perverted mind.Yes, I know. I was joking. Sarcasm unable to transmit over internet.

islandclaws
08-13-09, 06:06 PM
Hooters food is shit, plain and simple. The boneless wings are decent if you also get a pitcher with them, but the caloric/fat content is enough to give you a heart attack before you get the check. The girls working there couldn't seem less interested in the guys who come in. I know it's all an act ahead of time so the magic doesn't work on me.

cungar
08-14-09, 10:32 AM
The girls working there couldn't seem less interested in the guys who come in. I know it's all an act ahead of time so the magic doesn't work on me.

What? Heather at the Santa Monica Hooters told me I was cute and a nice guy. You mean to tell me she says that to other guys that and doesn't want to date me?

Thanks for ruining my weekend.

Groucho
08-14-09, 10:33 AM
The OP seems to have fled the scene.

WallyOPD
08-14-09, 05:12 PM
Meh, it's not entirely an act. Well I suppose any romantic interest is, but two of my best friends I met while they were waitressing at Hooters. One's still there.

Blu Man
08-14-09, 05:14 PM
You live near me don't you?

No.

fumanstan
08-14-09, 05:34 PM
I think the wings there are pretty good :shrug:

DthRdrX
08-14-09, 05:36 PM
Taking a new low? What!

You realize you're talking about a company that parades an owl as it's corporate brand image, while masquerading the fact that their name really implies hot women wearing short shorts while showing off lots of cleavage.

They should have called the company boobies instead. Then I'd eat there!

Cardiff Giant11
08-14-09, 05:59 PM

the one and only time I went the waitresses were probably trashier looking than the Wednesday afternoon shift at the local strip club.

crankyman
08-14-09, 11:02 PM
you always want to go to a hooters that is near a college campus. otherwise, no telling where the waitresses come from.

Rockmjd23
08-14-09, 11:59 PM
I've never seen so many males complaining about being approached by scantily clad women. :lol: Sure they usually aren't perfect 10s, but it's better than getting a male waiter at a regular restaurant.

Dean Kousoulas
08-15-09, 01:41 AM
I go to Hooters once a month to watch the WWE PPV's there. I for one love the wings, and yes the girls do sometimes sit with their guests.

Nick Danger
08-15-09, 06:24 AM
Taking a new low? What!

You realize you're talking about a company that parades an owl as it's corporate brand image, while masquerading the fact that their name really implies hot women wearing short shorts while showing off lots of cleavage.

They should have called the company boobies instead. Then I'd eat there!

How about Twin Peaks?

http://www.twinpeaksrestaurant.com/Blank-Twin-Peaks-Website-02.gif

OscarBluth
08-15-09, 06:52 AM
Hooters has really shitty food, and the ladies know it. I got a shitty sandwich there once, and she looked at me like I was crazy when I looked at her like she was crazy for charging me $8 for the shitty thing.

They were all average girls, too. The shiny leggings look shittier than the sandwiches, too. Overall, it's a shitty place for boobs and food.

Wazootyman
08-16-09, 02:05 PM
Hooters has really shitty food, and the ladies know it. I got a shitty sandwich there once, and she looked at me like I was crazy when I looked at her like she was crazy for charging me $8 for the shitty thing.

They were all average girls, too. The shiny leggings look shittier than the sandwiches, too. Overall, it's a shitty place for boobs and food.

Shit!

Rockmjd23
08-16-09, 02:22 PM
Actually if there's one thing to complain about the girls, it's the early 80's looking outfits. pantyhose with running shorts and sneakers? really?

Red Dog
08-16-09, 02:50 PM
The shiny leggings look shittier than the sandwiches, too.

I agree with this comment. It's the same crap with NFL cheerleaders. Why do they wear these usually ugly pantyhose. Show the skin.

N1lss
08-16-09, 02:51 PM
I agree with this comment. It's the same crap with NFL cheerleaders. Why do they wear these usually ugly pantyhose. Show the skin.

I thought I was the only one who hated that!

Rockmjd23
08-16-09, 02:54 PM
I can't remember the last time I saw an attractive woman voluntarily wearing pantyhose. Has to be the 90s

SkullOrchard
08-16-09, 04:28 PM
I ate a Hooters girl once, and she was delicious.

Actually, I ate her twice.

raven56706
08-16-09, 05:01 PM
hooters makes slamming wings.... the girls arent great though

mndtrp
08-16-09, 08:12 PM
Hooters girls are the ones who weren't hot enough for stripping.

Actually, while most of them aren't all that hot, there are usually a couple that are quite fine. At least at the Hooters I frequent.

IDrinkMolson
08-16-09, 08:50 PM
I like the buffalo shrimp. And, that's about it.