Search this Thread

Old 08-12-09, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Dark Blue -- "August" -- 8/12/09

Dark Blue

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

The team scrambles to rescue an abducted woman before her captor kills her. The deep undercover mission features Ty as a hood, Dean as a security guard and Jaimie risking all by posing as a potential victim. But FBI interference disrupts the case, raising Carter's ire.

Been really enjoying this show week after week. Even though this doesn't really work well paired with Leverage, every episode has been really entertaining.
Old 08-12-09, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dark Blue -- "August" -- 8/12/09

Me, too. I didn't last long with "Leverage" last season (about 3 episodes), but I'm enjoying "Dark Blue" a lot.
Old 08-12-09, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by rkndkn
Me, too. I didn't last long with "Leverage" last season (about 3 episodes), but I'm enjoying "Dark Blue" a lot.
Leverage isn't a bad show, it's actually quite fun. But, Dark Blue IMO has been solid since the Pilot. I hope it gets renewed.
Old 08-12-09, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think the problem I'm having with this show is that every case is started and ended in one episode. It doesn't give you a chance to get drawn in. They should consider 3-4 episode arcs.
Old 08-12-09, 11:00 PM

Good episode. This has quickly become my favorite new show this summer.
Old 08-13-09, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
I think the problem I'm having with this show is that every case is started and ended in one episode. It doesn't give you a chance to get drawn in. They should consider 3-4 episode arcs.
agreed
while watching the pilot I totally was expecting a multiple episode arc, maybe even have that case be drawn out over the whole season
then it was pretty much wrapped up by the end of the episode

anyone else see that the chick's gun's slide was locked back after the initial exchange of fire when they did the raid at the end?
Old 08-13-09, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Was the leader of the kidnap gang Chris from the Wire?
Old 08-14-09, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Thought this was a good, but not great episode. The kidnappers didn't really come across as very mennacing. More like stupid. It was smart to replace Jaimie with Carter as the kidnap victim at the end since the kidnappers were threatening rape. I thought this was a good episode for McDermott since he's pretty much taken a backseat since the Pilot. However, his character is still a little underdeveloped. Thought the whole explanation of Carter's previous experience with a kidnapping came across as hollow.

I think this show would benefit a little more if they upped the rating from TV-14 to TV-MA and allow a little more creative room for language, violence and maybe a little skin. Hell, it's cable and they aren't being regulated like broadcast. I think they could do a little more creatively to give this show a more darker edge. Guess Bruckheimer probably just wants to play it safe since this show is new.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-14-09 at 04:29 AM.