Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Completing a chapter/part 1.5 years later

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-09, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Completing a chapter/part 1.5 years later

So after one and half years I finally finished "Weathering the Storm" in Call of Duty 4. For some reason I just got stuck in the last part where you have to come back and get in the helicopter.

I got the game in December 2007, started playing campaign and multiplayer and got stuck in that part in middle December. I kept playing the game but just MP. In the next 1.5 years I tried several times, but I was dying or the timer was over.

So last Friday night I decided to give it another chance, after more than four months of no trying it. But no luck. So Saturday morning I tried again. No luck either. So I went to IGN, GAmeSpot, GameFAQS and checked all the walktroughs: "this part is hectic!" (no shit), "you have to use all weapons, move faster, don't get killed..." (yeah..), so after reading everything and trying to put all of that in my brain, I tried again. And again I failed.

So finally I chose the cheapest route: youtube. And yeah, the first link, one video showing an alternate route, going through the righ and avoiding most of the soldiers. That did it! I had a lot of time to wait for the helicopter.

Anyone has any stories like that?

P.S. For some reason I played this game in Hardened (at the time I thought I was hardcore, I usually play in Normal), so that has made the game harder (duh!). Oh and yeah, right now I'm in "No Fighting in the War Room", and I've read a lot of threads about it in the past. Taking my time with it. I hope I can finish the game before MW2 is released.
Old 08-09-09, 02:03 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Completing a chapter/part 1.5 years later

I just finished disc 4 of Lost Odyssey 15 months after I put it down.

Same with Oblivion, I had never done the 2 big expansions. It had been about a year and a half between plays in that game. I finished Kinghts of the Nine and started Shivering Isles before I put it down again. Time will tell if I ever go back to finish.
Old 08-12-09, 07:01 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Kind of related, but if I put a game or book or movie down for more than a couple months, my OCD makes me start over from the beginning, even if I was at the last chapter.

Because of this, I re-read the first 10 or so books of Sandman at least 6 times, because I'd always get to the last book and stop, not wanting the series to end.
Old 08-12-09, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happens to me with a lot of my DS RPG's. I don't do much DS gaming during the year, but in the summer when we're traveling, I'll bust it out. I probably have restarted Breath of Fire and the FF remakes 3-4 times each because I've forgotten where I was in the game.

I really need to finish those...(goes off to find DS).

Last edited by The Dude; 08-12-09 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-12-09, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Kind of related, but if I put a game or book or movie down for more than a couple months, my OCD makes me start over from the beginning, even if I was at the last chapter.
Same for me.
Old 08-13-09, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, i just recently went back to COD4 to beat it all on Veteran. That level is a pain in the butt.

I have a bunch of half finished games actually. Mario Galaxy, Oblivion, Fable.