Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD & SCAM) The Sopranos Complete Series Seasons 1-6.2 (28 Discs) $100+S/H

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-09, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(DEAD & SCAM) The Sopranos Complete Series Seasons 1-6.2 (28 Discs) $100+S/H

stootsi.com

The Sopranos Complete Series Seasons 1-6.2 (28 Discs - DVD)

First post

http://www.stootsi.com
Old 08-05-09, 05:14 PM

re: (DEAD & SCAM) The Sopranos Complete Series Seasons 1-6.2 (28 Discs) $100+S/H

I can't post a link, restricted new account. Sorry
Old 08-05-09, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

re: (DEAD & SCAM) The Sopranos Complete Series Seasons 1-6.2 (28 Discs) $100+S/H

A cursory google search tells me to avoid this site at all costs, but thanks anyway.
Old 08-05-09, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Stootsi is pretty horrible with regards to electronics (refurbs and what not)

With that said, I can't imagine how they can screw up new and sealed Sopranos sets, but, companies never cease to amaze me, so anything is possible.
Old 08-05-09, 09:14 PM

$6 for shipping. Also add sales tax if you live in PA.

You can pay with PayPal though which is a plus because they are pretty good about protecting buyers.

Just my two cents.
Old 08-06-09, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I started watching this series long ago on dvd, but it got frustrating waiting for the next season to come out, so I quit after season 3 and said I'd just wait till the series is done.

Now I happen upon this thread, so I'll go ahead and take the plunge.
Hopefully Paypal will cover my behind if anything bad happens.
Old 08-06-09, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
I started watching this series long ago on dvd, but it got frustrating waiting for the next season to come out, so I quit after season 3 and said I'd just wait till the series is done.

from my knowledge, any major credit card will "cover your behind" better than paypal.
Old 08-06-09, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
from my knowledge, any major credit card will "cover your behind" better than paypal.
Sharp post.
Old 08-06-09, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My brother ordered from them previously and said it was a nightmare.

He was charged three times (once 6 months later) for a single DVD that arrived almost crushed. It took almost a year for everything to be cleared up.
Old 08-06-09, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Not for nothing, and apparently I missed this sale, but i have bought from stootsi in the past with no issues. They were much better than the terrible midnightbox, who are a bunch of thieves.
I am actually piecing together the complete sopranos with season sets. My target was to get them for less than $100. So far I have 1 through 5 and have spent about $75. Now to find a deal on 6.1 and 6.2 for under $25.
Old 08-06-09, 04:51 PM

Last time I checked, Paypal does not cover you on off eBay purchases.

Yes, your Credit Card is what protects you from bad Merchants, and Paypal itself.
Old 08-06-09, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hopefully he used a credit card through Paypal. Then he should be covered...
Old 08-06-09, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, I used a credit card. One that has treated me well over many years, so I continue to use it for everyday purchases. If things were to go arye, I have no doubt they would cover it.
I've never dealt with or heard of stootsi till now, but I've been dealing with Paypal for years, and they will just as soon screw you over as fast as any other predatory merchant out there.
So when it comes to paying for things like merchandise with Paypal, I always use my credit card. I try to use it for 99.9% of all transactions online... and I never, EVER use my debit card or checking account unless absolutely necessary.
Old 08-19-09, 12:04 PM
Banned

Despite misgivings, took the plunge & ordered it. Everything went through fine (PayPal, UPS tracking info., delivery, etc.). When it arrived today, however, I saw that it was an import edition (can't even find a picture of it anywhere else) in a small box. What the website showed in its ad was a bundle of six separate sets (although I would have been happy with the official, authorized release in the big, heavy, original box).

I'm getting really tired of merchants & vendors with deceptive practices/false advertising. Recently I got a set of CSI: Miami that pictured the bundle sold by places like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. Instead, I got an import boxed edition that I had to send back (even though the seller refunded my money, I was still out the return postage).

I can't figure out if these guys are crooks (hoping people won't notice the difference or will accept any product as long as it 'sort of' contains the product advertised) or really don't understand that the product they are selling doesn't match the descriptions/photos.

I know that the old adages "you get what you pay for" & "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" are often true, but it does everyone else a disservice when this happens. Some sellers actually do often official products at bargains, but they (and their potential customers) are hurt by the practices of less honest or less professional sellers.

Won't trutst Stootsi again. Just hope I get a complete refund. Next time I'll pay attention to the negative reviews.
Old 08-19-09, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looking at getting this set in the future- whats the cheapest we've seen it for?
Old 08-19-09, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by creekdipper
(even though the seller refunded my money, I was still out the return postage).
That's where another part of the scam comes in. If the produce is defective or not what you were promised it is the responsibility of the seller to pay the return shipping. The merchants sometimes bank on the buyee not wanting to pay another $12ish to ship it back.
Old 08-19-09, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Despite misgivings, took the plunge & ordered it. Everything went through fine (PayPal, UPS tracking info., delivery, etc.). When it arrived today, however, I saw that it was an import edition (can't even find a picture of it anywhere else) in a small box. What the website showed in its ad was a bundle of six separate sets (although I would have been happy with the official, authorized release in the big, heavy, original box).

I'm getting really tired of merchants & vendors with deceptive practices/false advertising. Recently I got a set of CSI: Miami that pictured the bundle sold by places like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. Instead, I got an import boxed edition that I had to send back (even though the seller refunded my money, I was still out the return postage).

I can't figure out if these guys are crooks (hoping people won't notice the difference or will accept any product as long as it 'sort of' contains the product advertised) or really don't understand that the product they are selling doesn't match the descriptions/photos.

I know that the old adages "you get what you pay for" & "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" are often true, but it does everyone else a disservice when this happens. Some sellers actually do often official products at bargains, but they (and their potential customers) are hurt by the practices of less honest or less professional sellers.

Won't trutst Stootsi again. Just hope I get a complete refund. Next time I'll pay attention to the negative reviews.

What you call an "import edition" is actually an illegal bootleg copy of the series. On top of that, just about all the discs in the set have small scratches all over the playing surface.
I first filed a claim with Paypal. It took them a total of 1 hour to flat out deny my claim, stating that as long as the product was delivered, there's nothing they can do, and that claims can not be based upon the condition of the product. Well, that's a bunch of bullshit, but whatever.
I then immediately filed a claim with my credit card. They temporarily credited the sale amount on my account, and said that based on the info I gave them, it's 99.9% probable that there will be no problem making the credit permanent.

Another lesson learned, but I used my trusted and proven credit card as a backup and it seems to have covered my butt.
Old 08-20-09, 07:29 AM
Banned

What you call an "import edition" is actually an illegal bootleg copy of the series. On top of that, just about all the discs in the set have small scratches all over the playing surface.
I first filed a claim with Paypal. It took them a total of 1 hour to flat out deny my claim, stating that as long as the product was delivered, there's nothing they can do, and that claims can not be based upon the condition of the product. Well, that's a bunch of bullshit, but whatever.
I then immediately filed a claim with my credit card. They temporarily credited the sale amount on my account, and said that based on the info I gave them, it's 99.9% probable that there will be no problem making the credit permanent.

Another lesson learned, but I used my trusted and proven credit card as a backup and it seems to have covered my butt.
Thanks, Smarty. I'll try my credit card company if necessary.

I did call Stootsi & they authorized a return (sent a link to print off a prepaid UPS return label). I told them the same thing you said...that the cheap "import" edition appears to be a bootleg (I didn't open package, but I've seen similar sets with the discs contained in plastic CD wallet-type holders. I had to describe the difference in the sets to the CSR. When I mentioned that the 'real' version was a massive, heavy box containing a book & 5 extra discs, he pointed out that their ad said "28-discs". I then pointed out that his statement was exactly what made the listing even more misleading...the original seven individual sets that were pictured in their ad contained 28 discs...even more evidence that the ad would lead to buyer confusion (since the only authorized box set contains 33 discs). He got the point immediately, admitted that the item wasn't what was pictured (and that the words "box set" never appear anywhere in the ad), and that it was very understandable that a customer would expect to be getting a bundle of the individual season sets.

Now to see if they will come through with the refund.
Old 08-20-09, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by critterdvd
That's where another part of the scam comes in. If the produce is defective or not what you were promised it is the responsibility of the seller to pay the return shipping. The merchants sometimes bank on the buyee not wanting to pay another $12ish to ship it back.
When that happens to me, I reverse the charges on my card. and make them issue a call tag if they want the product back.
Old 08-20-09, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jjcool
When that happens to me, I reverse the charges on my card. and make them issue a call tag if they want the product back.
How do you do that?... and how does it differ from an outright "dispute" of the charges on your CC account?
Old 08-21-09, 01:31 PM

Another question - if you paid with Paypal with a credit card - then they won't issue a refund in a case like this - then you dispute the charge with the credit card company (and get a refund) does Paypal take any action against you?
Old 08-21-09, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JohnBeas
Another question - if you paid with Paypal with a credit card - then they won't issue a refund in a case like this - then you dispute the charge with the credit card company (and get a refund) does Paypal take any action against you?
No. That would be illegal.
Old 08-22-09, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my mom bought a set like this for Boston Legal the complete set. its so bad that for the latter seasons, they actually burned torrent copies from the internet and put them on disc.
Old 08-23-09, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: (DEAD & SCAM) The Sopranos Complete Series Seasons 1-6.2 (28 Discs) $100+S/H

leaving this thread open for those who will report about any outcome of getting their $ back on apparently another stootsi scam.
Old 08-23-09, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: (DEAD & SCAM) The Sopranos Complete Series Seasons 1-6.2 (28 Discs) $100+S/H

Originally Posted by pilot
leaving this thread open for those who will report about any outcome of getting their $ back on apparently another stootsi scam.
Already got my money back from my credit card company.
I'll be curious to know if anyone actually gets their money back from Stootsi or not.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.