Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone know the name of this early 1980s ToysRUs shopping spree show?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-09, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know the name of this early 1980s ToysRUs shopping spree show? I don't even remember if it was one show or many types of this show.

In this show, a kid would get a shopping cart and have a limited amount of time to run around ToysRUs like a madman filling their cart with the biggest or most expensive toys. I think the goal of the game was collect enough toys to pass a certain dollar amount. If they were under the amount, i think the kid would not be able to keep the toys he or she collected. If they past that dollar amount, then i think they got to keep the toys and maybe get the money value of those toys as well.

Does anyone remember what show this was? As a kid i would always envy those kids on that show. And i would always think about running around toysrus filling up my cart just as they did whenever i stepped into a toysrus when i was a kid.
Old 07-31-09, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Anyone know the name of this early 1980s ToysRUs shopping spree show?

I think I recall something similar to that, but the only thing I can recall off hand is the Toys R Us Super Toy Runs that were on Nickelodeon in the 80s and early 90s. Kind of like this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-NBSq03SAtw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-NBSq03SAtw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>