Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

online stores to get NHT speakers?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

online stores to get NHT speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-00, 08:06 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello folks...newbie here...i am starting to get into home theater stuff and i need some help. i like nht speakers a lot. i am plannin on getting the super ones for the front and super zeros for the surrounds and a super center for the center channel. perhaps a sub one for the sub. any ideas on where i can get all this stuff online for a reasonable price. oh yeah...any possible receivers with built in dolby digital decoder/dts built in to go with my stuff? i'm pretty new at this stuff so i don't even know if i make sense. any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-04-00, 09:56 PM

this is the exact set-up i currently have (minus the sub). i am very happy with these speakers. I use an Onkyo TX-DS575 to power them and am also very pleased with it.

contact Gene at mailto:[email protected] - i purchased mine from him and got a great deal and excellent service.

Basset
Old 06-05-00, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just curious, Greg or Basset, What would a setup like the one you described cost (including the sub)?

------------------
My DVD's
Old 06-05-00, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

fyi, me and basset have the same setup (except sub). I have the velodyne CT-12 sub which I love too.

I got my stuff locally however, so I cannot help on that front.

my guess is 700-800 without the sub (for everything but the sub). A good sub will cost 350-450.
Old 06-05-00, 11:25 PM
Cool New Member

a local store is offering everything including the sub for 1200 out the door. i don't know if thats a good deal or not. i'm quite new to this so i'm just tryin to research as much as possible.
Old 06-06-00, 02:42 AM
BEC

If you are going w/non-authorized dealers, try World-exchange.com . A pair of superones will run $240, about $15 cheaper than geselectronic. Plus they do have their "own warranty". You'll have to call since the web-site in under construction.
Old 06-06-00, 03:41 PM

if i remember correctly, i paid around $750 for 2 superones, 2 superzeros, 1 supercenter, two front speaker stands, and shipping. It saved me several hundred dollars over what i would have paid at the local audio video store.

$1200 including an NHT SubOne is a good price in my opinion, expecially if they are a licensed dealer.

Basset
Old 06-06-00, 04:26 PM

Check Amazon every so often for SuperOnes.

I bought three at $158 each back in March with a little help from Freeride, Vividence, and a Pointclick cash-out.

When I was ready to purchase two more for my rears Amazon no longer listed them and a CS told me that they probably would not carry them anymore since they weren't listed.

My eyes nearly bugged out two weeks ago when I decided to check Amazon for them again and they were listed at $85 each.

But now they are not listed anymore. I don't really understand Amazon's inventory system but I am sure that they will carry them sometime again.

BTW I LOVE MY SUPERONES. Movies that have good effects and sound just envelope you and make it an experience to watch.