Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Cheapest place to buy an Apex DVD player

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Cheapest place to buy an Apex DVD player

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-00, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friend wants to buy an Apex AD600A DVD player so I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere to get one of these at a good price?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-01-00, 02:39 AM
Topgun94

Tell your friend to get a Sony, Toshiba, Pioneer, or Panasonic. The Apex 600A is a terrible DVD player and now that the loopholes menu has been removed it is not worth the $180 Circuit City is charging. It has bad picture quality, causes RF interference when it is on, overheats quickly, and cannot play any disc with seamless branching correctly. I use mine with the loopholes menu to play Region 2 DVDs and PAL video CDs, but other than that it is worthless. You can probably get a Toshiba for $200 and it is a much better value.

------------------
Aaron
My DVD Collection
My Rather Small Laserdisc Collection
Old 06-01-00, 03:23 AM

Although I'm not answering your question, I'd skip the Apex since it doesn't have the loopholes menu anymore. It's also not that great of a player.

Spend the extra $50 on a Toshiba or Sony. I got my Sony 360 for $200, only $20 more than the Apex and it's MUCH better.
Old 06-01-00, 04:09 AM

The Apex AD-600A DVD player is not that bad. The loophole menu is gone, although some people with chip burners at www.nerd-out.com are posting all sorts of solutions to this problem. If you get a non-lemon Apex at Circuit City, you are getting a pretty good DVD player.