Search this Thread

Old 07-16-09, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Burn Notice -- "The Hunter" -- 7/16/09

Burn Notice

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Michael learns he's being targeted by an operative and soon after is kidnapped and taken to the wilderness along with a prominent player in Miami's underworld. Elsewhere, Michael meets an ex-spy who's selling his services.

Michael being kidnapped and hunted sounds interesting.
Old 07-16-09, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Burn Notice -- "The Hunter" -- 7/16/09

Is this the penultimate summer episode?
Old 07-16-09, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk God

This is episode 6. There is 3 more before the midseason break.
Old 07-17-09, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Was unimpressed by the show as a whole. Didn't like the "cold" greeting to the badass businessmen (he was overly patient with some random guy sitting down at his table) and the escape from the van... I did like the chase through the swamps but that was about it.

For me, what's missing is the long term story arc that the past seasons had...There's the "I want to get back to being a spy" theme - but there's very little around this and while they have introduced some recurring characters (Dutch, the cop, and I assume the spy agent in this episode), the overall story just doesn't seem to be moving forward consistently. With only 3 episodes left before the break what really has changed from the season finale last season?

I like the weekly job/fire of the day but would like to see more of him trying to get back into the legitimate spy biz or the company sucking him back in - I'm sure they'll squeeze something in before the break, but the story arc seems less emphasized or less developed than in past seasons.
Old 07-17-09, 09:04 AM

"Let's listen to the guy with the gun."
"OK."

ROFL.
Old 07-17-09, 09:47 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Madeleine stole the show with her garage interview.
Old 07-17-09, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wirefan
Was unimpressed by the show as a whole. Didn't like the "cold" greeting to the badass businessmen (he was overly patient with some random guy sitting down at his table) and the escape from the van... I did like the chase through the swamps but that was about it.

For me, what's missing is the long term story arc that the past seasons had...There's the "I want to get back to being a spy" theme - but there's very little around this and while they have introduced some recurring characters (Dutch, the cop, and I assume the spy agent in this episode), the overall story just doesn't seem to be moving forward consistently. With only 3 episodes left before the break what really has changed from the season finale last season?

I like the weekly job/fire of the day but would like to see more of him trying to get back into the legitimate spy biz or the company sucking him back in - I'm sure they'll squeeze something in before the break, but the story arc seems less emphasized or less developed than in past seasons.
I agree, but I think this is what has to happen after the conclusion of the prior season. Sending Michael right into an arc after those events does not make a whole lot of sense. The problem is that the writers do not seem to know what to do with themselves. Having Fi and Michael go over the same maybe Michael can go be a spy again bit each week is getting a bit tiring.
Old 07-17-09, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

I actually liked this one quite a bit. Was a nice change of pace of "oh, this person needs help because ________ is after them..."
Old 07-18-09, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
I actually liked this one quite a bit. Was a nice change of pace of "oh, this person needs help because ________ is after them..."
I agree. I also liked that they used a few tricks that had been explained in the past but did not bother explaining them again. The only thing that left a sour taste in my mouth was the Fi-Michael interaction.
Old 07-19-09, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got around to watching this one off the DVR and loved it. I don't mind that there's no overall story. I like when they're there but my main enjoyment comes out of the mission of the week.
Old 07-19-09, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Thought this was a cool standalone plot. I felt it was a little bit of a take on "The Most Dangerous Game."