DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

I Want A Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-09, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I Want A Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Cha...tmas-RDE/12287

I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown! centers on ReRun, the lovable but ever-skeptical younger brother of Linus and Lucy. It's Christmas vacation and, as usual, ReRun's big sister is stressing him out, so he decides to turn to his best friend, Snoopy, for amusement and holiday cheer. However his faithful but unpredictable beagle companion has plans of his own, giving ReRun reason to ask Snoopy to invite his canine brother Spike for a visit. When Spike shows up, it looks like ReRun will have a dog for Christmas after all... but then the real trouble begins.

In 2004, a year after the animated special first aired on TV, Paramount originally released I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown on DVD. Now Warner Home Video is going back and re-releasing this one in an upgraded version, coming on October 6th. I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown: Remastered Deluxe Edition will contain that special, along with the new-to-DVD special Happy New Year, Charlie Brown as a bonus episode.

Running time is 41 minutes. Also included is a new Featurette, "Sibling Rivalry: Growing Up Van Pelt," about how Charles Schulz came to create ReRun Van Pelt, Lucy and Linus' younger brother. Video is full frame. Audio is English Stereo and Spanish Stereo, and subtitles are in English and Spanish as well. An online trailer is available to preview. Cost for this title is $19.98 SRP, and you can pre-order it right now:

Old 07-13-09, 10:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: I Want A Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown

No longer bothering will these and plan to get rid of all my old Peanuts releases as well. The new 1960's collection and the up coming 1970's collection vol. 1 are the way I'm going. I hope they just keep putting the decade sets out all the way up to the 2000's shorts.
Old 07-14-09, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by dkedvd
No longer bothering will these and plan to get rid of all my old Peanuts releases as well. The new 1960's collection and the up coming 1970's collection vol. 1 are the way I'm going. I hope they just keep putting the decade sets out all the way up to the 2000's shorts.
Have you seen confirmation that they are coming out with a 70's set?
Old 07-14-09, 07:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by joltman
Have you seen confirmation that they are coming out with a 70's set?
Well there is plenty of talk about it. And then this commercial:
http://www.getback.com/video/peanuts...-vol-1/3074058
Old 07-14-09, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've held off on all the Peanuts remasters so far. I haven't even ordered the 1960's set because I wanted to see if there was a commitment to releasing more of them by decade. I'm excited to see that this looks like it will happen.

I still have the little paperback books they issued back in the late 60s and early 70s that have the stories from some of these shows, with color illustrations. Guess it's finally time to take the plunge on the DVDs.
Old 07-14-09, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by dkedvd
Well there is plenty of talk about it. And then this commercial:
http://www.getback.com/video/peanuts...-vol-1/3074058
Awesome news. I was hesitant to pick up the 60s but knowing this is on the way I might grab it.