Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Last Movie you saw at the Cinema

Pages : [1] 2 3

Blu Man
07-07-09, 10:55 PM
What was it? DLP or Film? Was it good or bad? Was it a good experience? IMAX?

Public Enemies: Ok movie, it looked nice even though it was shot digitatly and projected on film. Most of it looked like it was filmed with a camcorder. Sound was good and the theater was packed.

writer106
07-08-09, 01:08 AM
Public Enemies. I thought it was good and worth seeing in the theaters.

JJE-187
07-08-09, 01:16 AM
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and it was a pretty good way to waste an afternoon. Theater was pretty packed had to sit in like the 4th row

The Antipodean
07-08-09, 01:16 AM
Ice Age 3-D, with my boy today. Movie was entertaining enough although not up to Pixar standards, but the 3D was pretty bloody amazing -- I hadn't seen a 3D movie in theatres in decades. The glasses do get uncomfortable after about an hour though.

toddly6666
07-08-09, 01:18 AM
Ghostbusters 2

DeltaSigChi4
07-08-09, 01:31 AM
The Hangover. I watched it in Vegas. :D

EDIT TO ADD: I also watched Public Enemy right before stepping into The Hangover.

E

KaBluie
07-08-09, 01:31 AM
The last movies I went to were Shrek 2 & The Day After Tomorrow as a Drive-In Double Feature. I laugh alot at BOTH movies!

Maxflier
07-08-09, 01:32 AM
Transformer 2. It was a very grueling experience.

Solid Snake
07-08-09, 01:49 AM
Public Enemies, at the Cinemark Theater..it was projected on film not digital. It was good...but damnit Mann you should've used film for it.

Crocker Jarmen
07-08-09, 02:05 AM
For me it was Watchmen back in March.

The real theaters are too far away for me to get to, so my only option is the art theater at the Public Library. I go every Sunday night to catch whatever they are showing (the last few movies I saw there were Gomorra, Three Monkeys and 12). The patrons there are very annoying. Every week I see the same boobs. There's Hungry: a lady who eats during the entire movie constantly uncrinkeling plastic bags, Grubby: a very smelly guy with the most annoying laugh in the world, and TARDY: a couple who show up week after week 15 mins into the movie and then can't find their seat. I often wonder what nickname they have for me.

Ginwen
07-08-09, 03:31 AM
Brother's Bloom Saturday, I liked it a lot until the last 20 minutes or so, then that brought it down to just ok. That was annoying to me since I liked it so much up to that point.

I also saw Public Enemy Saturday, I thought it was ok, but could've been better. I also found myself probably unfairly comparing it unfavorably to Bonnie and Clyde.

T-900
07-08-09, 04:00 AM
Terminator Salvation for mine, far better then the dreadful T3 but like most action films these days it was heavily loaded with way to much CGI, and is pretty awful in comparison with T1 and T2..

mickey65
07-08-09, 09:16 AM
The Brave One with Jodie Foster. 2006 or 2007?

RobCA
07-08-09, 09:23 AM
Milk, five months ago - loved it. :up:

I definitely want it on DVD, but I'm waiting for the inevitable double-dip.

Rob

JumpCutz
07-08-09, 09:27 AM
Last Saturday.

The Bollywood film 'Kambakkht Ishq'

Starring Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor. Featuring cameos by Sylvester Stallone,
Brandon Routh and Denise Richards.

Dragged kicking and screaming by my girlfriend.

Yeah..I suck. :sad:

Michael Corvin
07-08-09, 09:40 AM
Up.

The movie was awesome (save for the retarded dogs) but my two kids got restless so it was hard to give the film my 100% attention.

Bandit03
07-08-09, 09:46 AM
Transformers 2 in IMAX
:drool:

Dr Mabuse
07-08-09, 09:56 AM
'Star Trek'. Which was a hell of a good time in a packed theatre.

Giles
07-08-09, 10:02 AM
'Public Enemies' at the Avalon Theatre

Draven
07-08-09, 10:30 AM
Public Enemies - loved it. And it washed the horrible taste of Transformers 2 out of my mouth.

Looking forward to Harry Potter and GI Joe later this summer.

EdTheRipper
07-08-09, 10:33 AM
The Hangover a few weeks ago.

Dan
07-08-09, 10:53 AM
The Hangover. Film. Good. Good experience. not IMAX.

RichC2
07-08-09, 11:01 AM
The Hangover. Film. Okay experience - liked the movie and experience (nearly soldout audience on a Tuesday) a lot but the audio was really low. Not in 3D.

Steve Phillips
07-08-09, 11:02 AM
ICE AGE: DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS (3-D version, of course)

MrSmearkase
07-08-09, 11:21 AM
Over the weekend...

The Proposal - Decent diversion, but not anything I'd rush to watch again
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Pretty in IMAX, not too sure it would hold up otherwise
Away We Go - One of the year's best, IMO
Public Enemies - Good flick

devilshalo
07-08-09, 01:16 PM
The Hangover.
Up.
Terminator: Salvation.

All in the same day. The Hangover was the last film of that day.

jeffkjoe
07-08-09, 01:42 PM
The Hangover

and

The Taking of Pelham 123 - The ending is unbelievable.

jjcool
07-08-09, 03:44 PM
For me it was Watchmen back in March.

The real theaters are too far away for me to get to, so my only option is the art theater at the Public Library. I go every Sunday night to catch whatever they are showing (the last few movies I saw there were Gomorra, Three Monkeys and 12). The patrons there are very annoying. Every week I see the same boobs. There's Hungry: a lady who eats during the entire movie constantly uncrinkeling plastic bags, Grubby: a very smelly guy with the most annoying laugh in the world, and TARDY: a couple who show up week after week 15 mins into the movie and then can't find their seat. I often wonder what nickname they have for me.

Judgemental Guy?rotfl

Just kidding. I wish I had a library near me that showed films like that.

Last time I went to the cinema was for the mindless enjoyment of Transformers 2.

JOE29
07-08-09, 04:07 PM
Yes Man.
Jim Carrey. it was great.
I bought the DVD already and
I have watched it a few times since then.

Red Dog
07-08-09, 04:09 PM
Star Trek. I don't remember what the last one I saw before that was. Perhaps Wanted last summer. I only see about 2-3 movies per year in the theater. I was going to see Terminator 4 but it's not playing at the nice theater 2 blocks away, so no dice there. Maybe the Dillinger movie.

sundog
07-08-09, 04:14 PM
Summer Hours, last month.

Best new movie I've seen so far (which hasn't been much).

The Bus
07-08-09, 04:16 PM
I know that ticket prices are high and that a lot of people here have very sweet home theater setups, but I try to go to a theater about once a week. There's just no substitute (if you can find an adequate theater).

Last movie I saw was Public Enemies. Next up is Bruno, but I really need to see Summer Hours as well as Hurt Locker.

joefrog91
07-08-09, 05:56 PM
I saw Public Enemies and thought the HD took me out of the time period. Other than that, I gave it 3 stars.

Gaff
07-08-09, 07:12 PM
I finally saw The Hangover. 4 weeks after release and the theater was still packed. Afterwards I knew why.

Sooooo good.

Geofferson
07-08-09, 10:24 PM
Public Enemies (thought it was great).

Giles
07-09-09, 09:28 AM
Summer Hours, last month.

Best new movie I've seen so far (which hasn't been much).

yes, wasn't that impressive.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr.
07-09-09, 09:50 AM
Pelham 123/Hangover/Terminator 4 triple feature at the drive-in. It was OK, enjoyed The Hangover a lot less than I thought I would.

islandclaws
07-09-09, 11:09 AM
Transformers 2, a couple days after it opened. Didn't bother seeing it in IMAX.

Chrisedge
07-09-09, 04:29 PM
Star Trek - IMAX (real IMAX not that fake shit)

Inhumans99
07-09-09, 04:37 PM
Ice Age 3 in 3-D and TF 2 all in the same day. Used movie e-cash to pay for IA 3.

woody5254
07-09-09, 04:38 PM
Wolverine. Next up is Transformers 2 and Harry Potter. My local theater only has 2 screens(One of which always has something like Ice Age 3 playing). So I missed out on a few I really wanted to see, like Star Trek and The Hangover.

theflicker
07-09-09, 04:48 PM
Drag Me To Hell. Awesome film. Sparse crowd as it was the last showing for this film at this theater.

Sondheim
07-09-09, 04:58 PM
"Away We Go". I really enjoyed it. I hadn't seen any previews for it, and I was surprised by how funny parts of it were.

Tomorrow I'm going to a (somewhat odd) double-feature of "Bruno" and "Moon" since the only theaters playing either film are about an hour from my apartment and I'm going to be in the area.

Blu Man
07-10-09, 11:57 PM
Up: I thought it was really good. It's Pixar so of course it was good. Not as good as Ratatouille, but still good. Saw it on filom, in surprisingly good condition for such a used print.

visitor Q
07-11-09, 02:03 AM
Terminator Salvation (general theater) - Thoroughly enjoyed the first 2/3's.
Terminator - Yesterday at 10pm at a small independent theater. Absolutely loved seeing it on a large screen for the first time. Small but relatively interactive crowd that cued up all the right moments. Awesome time for one of my favorite films!

MrSmearkase
07-11-09, 10:25 AM
Terminator - Yesterday at 10pm at a small independent theater. Absolutely loved seeing it on a large screen for the first time. Small but relatively interactive crowd that cued up all the right moments. Awesome time for one of my favorite films!

The Brattle (http://www.brattlefilm.org/brattlefilm/index.html), right? I saw that on the program for this weekend, but doubt I'll make it out there for it. How was the print?

mikehunt
07-11-09, 10:34 AM
Terminator 4

zombeaner
07-11-09, 10:37 AM
My Girlfriend is an Agent -Korean blockbuster strangely playing in a mega mall multiplex.

Asian Film Festival of Dallas starts this Friday, so I'll probably have seen 12-15 movies by this Sunday :)

visitor Q
07-11-09, 11:09 AM
The Brattle (http://www.brattlefilm.org/brattlefilm/index.html), right? I saw that on the program for this weekend, but doubt I'll make it out there for it. How was the print?

Yes sir!

I'm not an expert on these matters, but I thought the print was somewhere between good to very good.

- A little soft at times but there were some close up shots of Arnie that showed every facial pore in fine detail.
- At some point during the second half there were some strange lights that appeared on the screen's lower right hand side - not sure what caused these (print damage?) but they either didn't stay long or I simply forget about them. I was too much into the film to really be distracted.
- Coloring/contrast looked very good for a film of its age (all the dark shots looked natural). The Reese alley chase looked phenomenal! And the Hunter Killer string was easy to identify during one of the effects shots.

But it was hilarious to start off with (no fault of the film) - Brattle had the picture framed so incorrectly that the first three sentences of the opening prologue were completely cut off. I was worried that half the actors heads would also carry that fate for the rest of the film. But they fixed it early on thankfully.

And as usual for that place, the audio imaging was somewhat distracting with many action sequences taking place off to one side with the audio coming from the opposite side. I really wish they would fix that problem. But overall I thought it sounded nice and loud ..just great either way!

Hate to nitpick but I really did love the experience. Just wish it were playing at the Coolidge instead (but Jaws and both Kill Bill volumes are in a few weeks....)

JimRochester
07-11-09, 04:15 PM
Just got back from a second viewing of The Hangover

Mondo Kane
07-11-09, 04:30 PM
'Star Trek'

wakwak007
07-11-09, 06:45 PM
Star Trek

DonnachaOne
07-11-09, 06:47 PM
THE BROTHERS BLOOM
MOON new!
DRAG ME TO HELL
AWAY WE GO
SIN NOMBRE
UP
OBSERVE AND REPORT
THE HANGOVER
DUPLICITY
THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT
STAR TREK
MY SISTER'S KEEPER new!
KNOWING
ALEXANDER THE LAST
PUBLIC ENEMIES new!
THE SOLOIST
WATCHMEN
TAKEN
GOMORRA
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM
I LOVE YOU, MAN
THE PROPOSAL
DONKEY PUNCH
THE GIRLFRIEND EXPERIENCE
X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE
TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN new!
MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D
FRIDAY THE 13TH
TERMINATOR SALVATION

● ● ● ● ● ●

In the interests of brevity, a uni-review!

Public Enemies/Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

A dull, overlong chore. It's clear that Michael Mann/Bay loves his gunshots/explosions, but can't seem to develop any interesting characters, even though Depp/Shia does his blessed best to infuse charm and life into his underwritten lead role. You'd think gangsters and g-men/robots and soldiers would be automatically entertaining but Mann/Bay just sucks all the life out of them. The rest of the film is filled with ugly grainy video/messy cgi-crammed shots that just left me bothered. Marion Cotillard in a tub/Megan Fox draped over a bike isn't even enough to keep me interested; overall, a waste of great source material.

There's nothing for me to add to the criticism of Transformers 2. I watched it with my Transformers-mad nephew, who was in awe the whole time, so it was still a nice enough experience. He's so cute. I told him that if he talked during the show, we'd leave, and if there was something important, he should tap me on the shoulder and whisper into my ear. Not two minutes would pass by before there was something important to tell me, usually like this:
Devastator appears on screen.
Someone in the film says "Devastator".
(shoulder tap) "That's Devastator, Uncle Donnacha".

I was a little surprised to see he didn't seem too excited to see the film early. I later found out that his parents had told him that I make movies (and he's seen the ones on youtube), so when they told him that he's be going with Uncle Donnacha to work to see Transformers, he thought I'd be making a movie with them, and that he could help. So just watching a movie was a bit of a letdown...

My Sister's Keeper was fine. Grand performances, especially from the kids in the cast. The problem is the screenplay. The film seems constrained to fit the book inside two hours, so interesting subplots feel shoved in, often at the expense of the main story. There's a sense of "well, that twenty-minute bit was nice. Oh, and now we're back to the main plot". The ending feels flat and is not nearly as affecting as the emotional storytelling of what came before. Looking at wikipedia I see the ending was changed from the book, but the book's ending reads a bit like a cop-out anyway, so I can see the challenge Cassavetes had to face in adapting the film. However, when you get the director of The Notebook, you also get the director of John Q, so there's a lot of the film that feels bland and maudlin.

Moon is great, a 2000 AD story come to life. Sam Rockwell is very, very good. I love how the film for the most part avoids cliches, setting it apart from typical sci-fi films. It honestly feels like a short that was adapted into a longer film, like a "Tales From The Crypt" episode that you really enjoyed and thought was interesting enough to be extended beyond the ending. The application of a literal "ticking clock" is a little disappointing, considering how entertaining the rest of the film is. The look of the film is beautiful and never seems cheap or fake - if there's any CG in this I didn't see it. I was also happy to see British actors Benedict Wong and Matt Berry crop up as corporate bastards (that's two very intelligent space films for Wong, along with Sunshine), and Kevin Spacey's voice as Sam's doting robot assistant was a pleasure to hear. Other reviews might talk of a "twist". It's not really so much of a twist as a complication that happens at the end of the first act, but which works better if the audience isn't already aware of it. It's fairly easy to guess anyway, and I'm happy that it wasn't used for the ending, but rather the beginning of Sam the astronaut's story. I'm really, really looking forward to seeing what Duncan Jones does next.

SkullOrchard
07-11-09, 07:01 PM
Mask (1985)

dvdsteve2000
07-11-09, 07:27 PM
Took the clan to see Ice Age 3 in 3-D. I thought the 3-D was OK, but not as impressive as I thought it was gonna be, and actually, a preview of some kid's movie about turning water into food had WAY better 3-D. As for the movie, more Scrat, which was good, but now there's a female Scratte which sucked, and I really liked the new character "Buck" (Simon Pegg, I believe).

Giles
07-11-09, 08:06 PM
^ really?! I thought the 3D effects were better implemented than 'Up'. As for the movie itself, it was rather cheesey and contrived, but the action scenes were fun.

Blu Man
07-12-09, 07:52 PM
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs: Decent animated film. It wasn't near as good as Up though. Saw it in 3D, meaning DLP. The picture was beautiful, sound was about right, but the projectionist did a horrible job of fitting the image on the screen. The edges of the screen went unused.

Travis McClain
07-12-09, 09:42 PM
If I'd seen this thread before midnight last night, the answer would have been Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. As it was, my wife and I took my 14 year old cousin to see Batman (1989) for the first time last night. It was great, all over again!

CreamyGoodness
07-14-09, 06:57 AM
As a huge Star Trek fan, the last film I saw in a theater was Peter Jackson's King Kong.

Right. No it was Star Trek. But, before that, it was Kong. So I hadn't been to a theater in a few years when I saw Trek.

The thrill of seeing a film in a theater is long gone for me. I was a kid in the early '70s and back then it was a huge thing to go see a new film in a theater or the drive in. Now I'd rather wait to see it on a movie channel or DVD. Too many cretins in the theaters now. People have the attention span of a gnat, they talk constantly to eachother and on their damn phones, or they text on them with the screen lit up.

colonelforbin82
07-14-09, 04:26 PM
Tetro- beautiful film. i love vincent gallo.

Giles
07-14-09, 06:56 PM
just saw Bruno and Moon this afternoon, am thinking about seeing Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan at the AFI Silver tonight - but with only one hour of sleep last night, I just might crash.

toddly6666
07-14-09, 08:50 PM
just saw Bruno and Moon this afternoon, am thinking about seeing Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan at the AFI Silver tonight - but with only one hour of sleep last night, I just might crash.

Since you saw both Bruno and Moon in the same day, you do realize you saw two movies with Kevin Spacey in both of them?;)

Blu Man
07-14-09, 11:53 PM
Since you saw both Bruno and Moon in the same day, you do realize you saw two movies with Kevin Spacey in both of them?;)

Hey man, not cool. You just insulted Kevin Spacey. Not cool. You don't do that man. You just don't. Do you understand? You just don't pull that kinda shit. YOU DON'T FUCKING TALK ABOUT KEVIN SPACEY LIKE THAT!!!! Do you understand me? Do you fucking understand me!!??!? Get real man. Jesus man. Do we have an understanding? DO WE HAVE A FUCKING UNDERSTANDING!!!??

I'm just kidding.:hippie:

But seriously, don't let it happen again. :duel:

TimeandTide
07-15-09, 01:34 AM
Bruno.

Giles
07-15-09, 09:14 AM

saw Star Trek II - just thought I'd quote myself :D

was tempted to see Harry Potter at midnight, thought otherwise, came home, and slept for eight hours.

Quake1028
07-15-09, 11:03 AM
Bruno. Planning on doing some catchup and trying to cram Harry Potter 6, Transformers 2, 500 Days of Summer, Public Enemies and Year One in this weekend.

asianxcore
07-15-09, 04:13 PM
Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince

Too much fun!

ChristianB
07-15-09, 04:19 PM
The Hurt Locker

Fantastic!

Goldberg74
07-15-09, 04:58 PM
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (3D)... yesterday.

Blu Man
07-15-09, 06:27 PM
Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince

Too much fun!

Please look at the first post of the thread. Thank you.

Please do not post anything about the new Harry Potter film. No one gives a shit about it. Don't waste peoples time. Thank you. All other movies are allowed, just not Harry Potter. It's just, I can't handle british kids running around with wands yelling "rubbish" every two minutes. Sorry, just can't do it.

SPiRAL
07-15-09, 11:33 PM
Bruno

tasha99
07-15-09, 11:57 PM
Please look at the first post of the thread. Thank you.

Yeah, because we shouldn't talk about movies you don't like. -ohbfrank-

Harry Potter for me as well. It was a lot of fun, but they took out some of my favorite parts from the book.

If you must just pretend this movie doesn't exist, my answer would be Star Trek a month or two ago. Also :thumbsup:

Blu Man
07-16-09, 07:21 PM
Yeah, because we shouldn't talk about movies you don't like. -ohbfrank-

Harry Potter for me as well. It was a lot of fun, but they took out some of my favorite parts from the book.

If you must just pretend this movie doesn't exist, my answer would be Star Trek a month or two ago. Also :thumbsup:

I'm kidding. Go ahead and talk about it. I changed my first post also.

wendersfan
07-16-09, 10:31 PM
Velvet Goldmine

JimRochester
07-17-09, 06:01 PM
Too many cretins in the theaters now. People have the attention span of a gnat, they talk constantly to eachother and on their damn phones, or they text on them with the screen lit up.

Went to go see Public Enemies this week. Twice I had to ask the guy in front of me to please stop talking. Even his kids were saying "Dad, be quiet"

Giles
07-17-09, 06:03 PM
just saw 'Tokyo Sonata' - wow... wow!

off next to see 'Yoo Hoo, Mrs. Goldberg' at 8

and 'Pink Floyd the Wall' at 11:30pm

phew!

Blu Man
07-19-09, 12:40 AM
MOVIE: Moon
CINEMA: Bijou Art Cinemas
PRESENTATION: Film
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: Well, it's a locally run theater and can't really compete with the local multiplexes. Durring the entire film there was a blue line along the left side and 4 of five black lines on the right side. The screen's quality was low compared to what I'm used to at the local Regal Cinemas, but it is understandable. The sound was aweful and it might have not even been digital. I would not want to watch a film like "Transformers" or "Star Trek' at this cinema. But heh, at least it had stadium seating.
RATING: 85%

REVIEW: Wow, pretty damn good film. I can't really say much without giving spoilers but wow, just wow. Once you leave the theater you will not be dissapointed. Definetly worth the ticket price and I'm excited to see it again when it is out on Blu Ray. Great movie, highly recommend. I'm looking forward to more films by Duncon Jones it the furture.

Quake1028
07-19-09, 01:30 AM
Bruno. Planning on doing some catchup and trying to cram Harry Potter 6, Transformers 2, 500 Days of Summer, Public Enemies and Year One in this weekend.

Ended up seeing:

Bruno
Public Enemies
Harry Potter 6

500 Days of Summer didn't open near me and Year One is already gone :lol:. Might catch Transformers 2 tomorrow.

emachine
07-19-09, 01:42 AM
The Hangover. Didn't care for it much.

The Cow
07-19-09, 02:00 AM
Up in 3D. Surprisingly to me, the 3D was really good. Oh, and the movie was enjoyable also.

TheDuke
07-19-09, 02:44 AM
Yesterday:

Bruno
Rashomon (with a restored print at the Senator in Baltimore which may or may not be going out of business soon...)

MrSmearkase
07-19-09, 02:54 PM
Bruno on Saturday morning, the wife and I were the only ones in the theatre but we still laughed our asses off.

Moon this morning, loved it!

Was going to see The Hurt Locker this afternoon, but I think I'll hold off for another weekend.

nickdawgy
07-20-09, 04:25 AM
Public Enemies last week.

jrsl76
07-20-09, 04:38 AM
500 Days Of Summer

Giles
07-20-09, 10:16 AM
yesterday: Hurt Locker (Bethesda)
Saturday: Harry Potter (Uptown)

zombeaner
07-20-09, 10:33 AM
Been at an Asian film festival since Friday:

Kabei: Our Mother
The Beast Stalker
Ichi
Samurai Avenger: The Blind Wolf
Cape No. 7
All About Dad
Written By
Neko Ramen Taisho
4BIA
Kimjongilia
Tandoori Love
Hansel & Gretel
The Beast Stalker (Again)

MrSmearkase
08-10-09, 12:07 AM
The wife and I are Texas for the first time visiting her sister, and I mentioned that I wanted to go to the Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar, mostly because of the good words I've heard mentioned about it on AICN. A few days before leaving, Harry posted a contest for an advanced screening of District 9 with the director and star. We entered our names, and luckily got on the list.

Great theatre, great food, AWESOME movie, and a really informative Q&A following the feature moderated by Harry. Neil Bloomkamp and Sharlto Copley were very frank about the making of the film, the budget, and the marketing.

TimeandTide
08-10-09, 12:48 AM
The wife and I are Texas for the first time visiting her sister, and I mentioned that I wanted to go to the Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar, mostly because of the good words I've heard mentioned about it on AICN. A few days before leaving, Harry posted a contest for an advanced screening of District 9 with the director and star. We entered our names, and luckily got on the list.

Great theatre, great food, AWESOME movie, and a really informative Q&A following the feature moderated by Harry. Neil Bloomkamp and Sharlto Copley were very frank about the making of the film, the budget, and the marketing.

THAT'S a great night out! Nice!

My Other Self
08-10-09, 12:49 AM
I saw G.I. Joe on Friday. Last week was Funny People.

glassdragon
08-10-09, 01:33 AM
Land of the lost.... It's been awhile lol

mhg83
08-10-09, 01:52 AM
Just got back from a screening of Speed. DVD :mad2: The theater has a summer special where they play classics sunday nights. Last week was The Professional and next week is Major League. Good times.

DeltaSigChi4
08-10-09, 02:00 AM
Funny People.

E

jfoobar
08-10-09, 07:06 AM
yesterday: Hurt Locker (Bethesda)
Saturday: Harry Potter (Uptown)

yesterday: Hurt Locker (Annapolis)
a week ago: Food, Inc. (E Street)

Giles
08-10-09, 11:28 AM
^ did you like 'Food, Inc' ?

seeing "Julia & Julie" at the Avalon tonight.

can't wait for Friday, "District 9" and "Thirst".

islandclaws
08-10-09, 11:45 AM
G.I. Joe on Fri

going to see District 9 on Tues

Blu Man
08-10-09, 12:19 PM
Funny People

SPiRAL
08-10-09, 12:57 PM
Paper Heart

Brian Shannon
08-10-09, 01:30 PM
What was it? DLP or Film? Was it good or bad? Was it a good experience? IMAX?

The last movie I saw in a theater was The Return of the King. It was film, in a new theater. The movie was excellent, the theater was bad and so was the audience.

I now watch movies at home and will never go to a theater again.

The Bus
08-10-09, 01:32 PM
Thirst

visitor Q
08-10-09, 02:12 PM
Jaws

First time at the Coolidge theater in Brookline, MA. Excellent show case...

Slumbering Fist
08-10-09, 02:18 PM
Watchmen IMAX.

Mopower
08-10-09, 03:50 PM
Transformers 2 IMAX. Ugh.

Giles
08-10-09, 03:58 PM
^ the editing of the IMAX shot scenes with 35mm camera shots within the two battle scenes was sooooo shoddy and just plain bad... double "ugh"

matome
08-11-09, 08:42 AM
Gran Torino

oldboy87
08-11-09, 11:06 AM
Transformers 2. But I slept through chunks of it, so it wasn't an entirely wasted evening out.

Giles
08-11-09, 11:12 AM
^ I did too, for such a loud bombastic (dumb as dirt) movie, I nodded off three times.

Zodiac_Speaking
08-11-09, 04:48 PM
I saw a few days ago, (500) Days of Summer-loved it. My next is District 9 and Ponyo.

jfoobar
08-11-09, 06:23 PM
^ did you like 'Food, Inc' ?

It was pretty good. There is a thread on it where I posted a reaction around here somewhere.

Strawberry10
08-12-09, 10:04 AM
The Transformers "Revenge of the fallen"-one of the best movie of all time!

Giles
08-17-09, 07:16 PM
The Cove (Landmark Bethesda) -essential, essential viewing

Thirst (Landmark E Street) :thumbsup:

District 9 (AMC Mazza) exciting, beside a couple of flaws

The Time Travelers Wife (AMC Mazza) decent, better than I initially thought

Ponyo (AMC Georgetown) (DLP) another excellent film from Miyazaki

visitor Q
08-17-09, 07:26 PM
District 9 - Brilliant 2/3's of an opening but jumped into all too familiar territory during the last third. Enjoyed it immensely aside from its weaknesses.

DeltaSigChi4
08-17-09, 10:12 PM
District 9.

E

Blu Man
08-17-09, 10:19 PM
District 9- 4 1/2 stars
The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard- 0 stars

DeltaSigChi4
08-17-09, 11:12 PM
The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard- 0 stars

Haha. I'm watching that one next now. :D

E

Giles
08-21-09, 04:09 PM
just saw Inglorious Basterds (Cinema De Lux) (DLP) - still mulling it over, but generally did enjoy it.

Chrisedge
08-21-09, 04:15 PM
It Might Get Loud

writer106
08-21-09, 05:57 PM
A Perfect Getaway

lamphorn
08-21-09, 06:06 PM
Inglourious Basterds. Saw it at the Arclight Cinerama Dome in Hollywood and the presentation was flawless. Shot on film and projected on film. There is still nothing better. The difference between film and digital is similar to the difference between looking at a painting and looking at a picture of that painting in a book. Film has a texture and richness that digital just can't touch.

[on a side note- Tarantino came in before the movie started and yelled "So, this is what a roomful of basterds looks like! Are you all ready to kill some Nazi's?"... lots of cheering.]

oldboy87
08-21-09, 06:20 PM
If you only see one movie based on a toy line this year ... see GI Joe: Rise of Cobra.
It was fun - mindless, goofy fun, sure, but much more enjoyable than either of the Transformers movie.

Mondo Kane
08-21-09, 07:55 PM
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/407/variantversion.jpg

Still can't stop thinking about it.

The Bus
08-21-09, 10:54 PM
Inglourious Basterds at a midnight showing. Had to drive almost an hour north.

Avatar preview. Had to drive almost an hour south.

Both were great and worth the effort.

FantasticVSDoom
08-22-09, 12:38 AM
District 9 last Saturday... Hopefully IB tomorrow.

MrSmearkase
08-23-09, 09:14 PM
The Hurt Locker this afternoon, and then (500) Days of Summer this evening.

Pretty good day at the movies, if I do say so myself.

hapgilmore
08-23-09, 09:22 PM
Inglourious Basterds. Saw it at the Arclight Cinerama Dome in Hollywood and the presentation was flawless. Shot on film and projected on film. There is still nothing better. The difference between film and digital is similar to the difference between looking at a painting and looking at a picture of that painting in a book. Film has a texture and richness that digital just can't touch.

[on a side note- Tarantino came in before the movie started and yelled "So, this is what a roomful of basterds looks like! Are you all ready to kill some Nazi's?"... lots of cheering.]
Digital looks way better than film, are you kidding?

zombeaner
08-23-09, 10:04 PM
Digital looks way better than film, are you kidding?

I know this is your opinion, but your opinion is wrong.

This weekend I saw GI Joe (fun), Inglourious Basterds (TONS of fun), and Ponyo (very cute, back to the Totoro style for Miyazaki)

hapgilmore
08-23-09, 11:15 PM
^it is pretty much a fact

Blu Man
08-24-09, 12:18 AM
^it is pretty much a fact

Explain.

SPiRAL
08-24-09, 01:22 AM
The Bastidz

Giles
08-24-09, 10:15 AM
If you only see one movie based on a toy line this year ... see GI Joe: Rise of Cobra.
It was fun - mindless, goofy fun, sure, but much more enjoyable than either of the Transformers movie.

the Time Out New York review actual was a somewhat good review (3 stars out of five), despite the fact the reviewers are a very, very hard bunch to impress. I'll give the film a chance on bluray, but I do not plan on wasting 9 dollars at the cinema to see this. I guess I have to be in the mindset that I'm watching a comedy.

Saw 'Ponyo' again with three kids - two 11 year olds and a 6 year old, they enjoyed it.

hapgilmore
08-24-09, 10:39 AM
Explain.

Film can look soft or out of focus. I have not once seen Digital look anything but absolutely perfect.

I don't get what this "lack of texture" business is all about? Digital is highly detailed. Honestly, I don't understand why anybody would prefer film over digital? It boggles the mind!

islandclaws
08-24-09, 10:41 AM
Inglourious Basterds - and it was so fucking good.

Giles
08-24-09, 10:51 AM
Film can look soft or out of focus. I have not once seen Digital look anything but absolutely perfect.

I don't get what this "lack of texture" business is all about? Digital is highly detailed. Honestly, I don't understand why anybody would prefer film over digital? It boggles the mind!

film will look soft and out of focus due to other flaws not the original filming, but how it's projected. Mass produced 35mm prints struck for wide distribution will have imprefections - softness, those ugly reel change dots, the occasional white band that pops up as a horizontal line. It's akin to listening to vinyl versus CD, there's an audible difference to the two, but vinyl has better bass response and sounds more open, the downside the ticks and pops that occur when overplayed. Film, both 35mm and 70mm will always look better than 2K/4K digitally shot footage.

Michael Corvin
08-24-09, 11:36 AM
District 9

Annoying, if not poor experience. I didn't feel like a soda so before I came to the theater I stopped at Chick Fil-A for a large lemonade. The <s>usher</s> prick made the throw it away before he let me in. I had barely taken two sips. $2 into the trash before I even get into the theater. No one has ever done that before in my 30+ years of film going. For the record, I do buy their overpriced shit from time to time(did the trifecta of popcorn, soda, candy the last time I went), I was just in the mood for a fresh lemonade that late at night.

I mean really, in an age of theaters basically begging for people to come back to their theaters instead of staying home, this is the sticking point they want to make? Does the usher (manager up the chain of command enforcing it) think that making me toss my drink is somehow going to translate into a magical sale of their $5 soda? In fact they achieved quite the opposite. I won't be visiting that theater again in my lifetime.

The guy was such a dick about it that I couldn't stop thinking about it through the whole film. Very distracting. This was at 9pm on a Tuesday night, btw. Not a single fucking person in the lobby and only a handful in our theater. It's not like he'd be setting some precedent in front of a lobby full of theater goers by letting me slip by.

Seriously, it blew my mind.

Blu Man
08-24-09, 11:55 AM

Your thinking of 35mm film being projected vs Digital projection. I will agree with you on one point, digital projection overall looks better then 35mm film. But that's only because film is damaged over time and if you see a movie that was released a month ago, it wouldn't be a pleasent experience. Where as digital will look the same on the first showing and the 1,000th showing.

But when it comes to shooting, film is still king. Now, when the Red Epic is released and we can see what kind of image that camera can produce, digital may have final beaten 35mm film. But for the next 7 years at least, no digital camera will come close to 70mm film (or IMAX). In terms of projection 70mm film even blows away digital.

You do know that almost every single movie you have seen was shot on film right? There are still very few shot digitally. It is becoming more common, but most film makers who can afford film shoot on film.

hapgilmore
08-24-09, 01:13 PM
^Yes, I know most movies are shot on film, I'm not an idiot.

And yes, I was referring to digital projection. I thought the argument was about whether movies look better projected on film or digitally. Since we agree, there is no argument. As far as which looks better to shoot on, I am not an expert so i will take your word that film looks better for now. However, on blu-ray, digitally shot films tend to look the best, so I hope more movies are shot that way in the future.

zombeaner
08-24-09, 01:52 PM
Films shot digitally tend to look very cold and flat, as do films projected digitally, in my opinion. The best theatrical experiences I've ever had were from film projection, in fact, the cleanest print I've ever seen was from a movie that had already been playing for 8 weeks. If it was shot digitally or is computer animation, then by all means I'll watch a digital projection. However, if it was shot on film, it should be projected on film.

visitor Q
08-24-09, 03:06 PM
Inglourious Basterds - good stuff. Had some prick sitting in front of me texting the whole time and it took me out of the film ..even after moving I had a tough time getting back in. Will most likely hit it up again before it leaves the theater.

jmsmath
08-24-09, 10:42 PM
Saw District 9 yesterday afternoon. Despite some obvious plot holes, it was really enjoyable and I hope a sequel is on the way.

Blu Man
08-25-09, 07:09 PM
Just saw IB. Great film. 35mm film and the bass was turned up extra loud. When the Inception teaser played, the bass was orgasmic. The print looked damn good also.

asianxcore
08-25-09, 11:49 PM
Inglourious Basterds

sleepyhead55
08-27-09, 03:48 AM
The Time Traveler's Wife--good film probably because I hadn't read the book. I wish they had dealt with some of the time travel issues a bit more.

Kumar J
08-27-09, 04:01 AM
G.I Joe last Saturday

Giles
09-14-09, 02:38 PM
saw The Beaches of Agnes last Friday - fascinating filmography/bio of director Agnès Varda

Captain Abu Raed- the trailer for this was very deceptive, in that it looked very syrupy and cliched which it thankfully wasn't

Dr. DVD
09-14-09, 02:46 PM
Extract

buckee1
09-14-09, 03:15 PM
I can Do Bad all by Myself

Geofferson
09-14-09, 03:52 PM
The Informant! (advance screening)

Travis McClain
02-09-10, 09:18 AM
Last night, my wife and I finally got to see Up in the Air. It was a 6:30 showing and there were only seven other people in the auditorium. Nearly everyone was clustered together in the middle of the seating and we were the only ones who weren't AARP-eligible. Everyone was well behaved and we loved the movie.

Blu Man
02-09-10, 09:41 AM
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/557850-last-movie-you-saw-cinema.html

wendersfan
02-09-10, 09:51 AM
So, would a moderator be so kind as to close this thread, or merge the two or whatever it is that's most appropriate?
Kindness ain't got nuthin' to do with it.

Merged.

;)

Ash Ketchum
02-09-10, 05:22 PM
THE HURT LOCKER is playing at one theater in NYC. I went to see it last night.
Pretty good, not great. Glad I saw it. Very well directed. I'm still rootin' for Tarantino and BASTERDS at the Oscars, but if HURT LOCKER beats out AVATAR for anything, I'll be pleased.

Dr. DVD
02-09-10, 05:26 PM
Resurrected, huh?

Edge of Darkness, could have waited until DVD.

TomOpus
02-09-10, 07:13 PM
Book of Eli

Boba Fett
02-09-10, 07:39 PM
"Road House"

Yes, that "Road House"

covenant
02-09-10, 08:32 PM

The countdown has begun...

zombeaner
02-09-10, 08:43 PM
The Men Who Stare at Goats

Should have been way better than it was.

gmanca
02-09-10, 09:48 PM
The Box and I really enjoyed it.

Charlie Goose
02-10-10, 12:55 AM

Troy Stiffler
02-10-10, 01:05 AM
Avatar, midnight show. Damn, it's been six or seven weeks.

islandclaws
02-11-10, 09:24 PM
From Paris With Love - I thought it was really fucking fun.

Robot Rock
02-12-10, 12:26 AM
Youth in Revolt.

Travis McClain
02-12-10, 01:19 PM
Wednesday (10 Feb.), my wife and I took my cousin and we saw When in Rome. It was one of those predictable, but somehow charming little rom-com's. I thought Kristen Bell and Josh Duhamel had pretty good chemistry.

foofighters7
02-12-10, 02:36 PM

Tonight...The Wolfman. I'll bet $100 I like it better than Avatard, just on the trailer alone.

Benicio Del Toro could speak in a Capote-ish voice while only hopping with his hands up like a rabbit in every scene and it would still be better than Avafreakinretard.

Last film- Crazy Heart

Seeing tonight- My Name Is Khan

SPiRAL
02-15-10, 06:40 PM
Corazon Loco

zombeaner
02-15-10, 09:10 PM
My Name Is Khan

Maxflier
02-15-10, 09:56 PM
Abadah

JimRochester
02-16-10, 04:48 PM
Valentines Day It was an OK movie and got me some sex from the wife which makes it a very good movie which I am willing to see again on DVD as much as she wants.

toddly6666
02-16-10, 05:05 PM
Valentines Day It was an OK movie and got me some sex from the wife which makes it a very good movie which I am willing to see again on DVD as much as she wants.

I take it then that your wife normally does not give you much sex? ;)

Travis McClain
02-16-10, 08:40 PM
Valentine's Day. Terribly predictable, but somehow likable enough to endure. Oddly, the best chemistry was between Bradley Cooper and Julia Roberts, the only pair that aren't involved with one another. I wouldn't have thought it before seeing this movie, but I think I'd go see a movie starring those two.

islandclaws
02-16-10, 08:54 PM
The Wolfman - All aloney, by myself. Gf had no interest. I haven't done that since I saw Watchmen in IMAX last year. It's kinda fun, in a solitary sort of way.

JimRochester
02-16-10, 10:12 PM
I take it then that your wife normally does not give you much sex? ;)

When we first started dating in 1982 we counted how many times per day. By the time we got married in 1986 it was how many times per week. A few years later kids come along and you're lucky if you're adding up more than a few per month. After almost 30 years together it's how many times per year.

Travis McClain
02-17-10, 12:03 PM
The Wolfman - All aloney, by myself. Gf had no interest. I haven't done that since I saw Watchmen in IMAX last year. It's kinda fun, in a solitary sort of way.

I love seeing movies by myself. It's less distracting, and I feel like I'm freer to concentrate on the story, the visuals, etc. Same with dining, where I feel like I'm not trying to finish chewing because someone has asked a question or said something that demands to be clarified. My wife, on the other hand, refuses to do pretty much anything by herself in public if she can avoid it.

terrible chong
02-25-10, 06:31 AM
Red Cliff

the U.S. theatrical version

fitprod
02-25-10, 06:40 AM

Waste of money, and I got charged more for it.

It's fairly apparent that James Cameron has lost the ability to write, he must be hanging out with George Lucas too much.

fitprod

The Bus
02-25-10, 09:05 AM
Thank you for the voice of truth and reason. I'd begun to think people had lost their minds around here.

I think this negative feedback might cause Avatar to underperform at the box office.

<hr>

This weekend I saw The Messenger and Shutter Island.

spammied
02-25-10, 09:09 AM
Valentine's Day The kids wanted to see it, and as I thought it would be, it certainly was cheezily predictable. It was a cute movie though with all the different stories.

RichC2
02-25-10, 09:10 AM
Book of Eli which was pretty awful.

Before that was Avatar which was entertaining but forgettable.

PopcornTreeCt
02-25-10, 06:43 PM
Shutter Island

Probably won't see another film for awhile.

Blu Man
05-09-10, 09:16 PM
Kick Ass

35mm. Really good movie.

Iron Man 2

DLP. It was fun, but not as good as the original.

mikehunt
05-09-10, 10:42 PM
Iron Man 2
yup that's right, nothing since my last post which I indicated T4 was the last I had seen in theaters

Eric D.
05-09-10, 11:18 PM

Joseph37
05-09-10, 11:52 PM
I watched the Avatar in IMAX..... It was a fantastic experience, like I became a kid again. Great movie, amazing effects, awesome action scenes, it's like a vision of the future.

Dean Kousoulas
05-10-10, 12:25 AM
Iron Man 2...a major letdown.

fumanstan
05-10-10, 12:35 AM
The Losers on Saturday. Iron Man 2 on Friday.

SPiRAL
05-10-10, 12:54 AM
Iron Man 2

The Joneses

zombeaner
05-10-10, 12:41 PM
The Human Centipede
Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil (Big thumbs up!)
City of Life and Death
The Good The Bad The Weird

terrible chong
06-14-10, 12:01 AM
Robin Hood

Feh, what a mistake that was.

Rypro 525
06-14-10, 12:06 AM
The Human Centipede

dad1153
06-14-10, 10:20 AM
My father and his wife (my second stepmother; we get along well) are on the East Coast to visit me and to meet dad's first grandkid (my sister's first). Last Thursday they were in NYC visiting me and it was the last day the Film Forum was showing "The Complete Metropolis." Since last year I've introduced them through DVD to outside-mainstream-to-them cinema: a couple of Ozu's, Kurosawa's "Ikiru," Kubrick's "2001" and "Full Metal Jacket," Neil Marhsall's "The Descent," etc. So I took a gamble and convinced them to go to the last theatrical showing of 'the great-great-great grandaddy of Avatar' (the easiest way I could come up to sell them the flick). To my surprise it was a packed house (I fully expected the theater to be almost empty) and the three of us got separated but I stayed with my father. A few times during the movie's first hour dad was falling asleep and I'd nudge him to wake him up; at one point, when the sleep really was getting the best of him, I actually bit his arm so hard he screamed but he stayed awake through the rest of the movie. :) Stepmom saw the whole thing and claims to have enjoyed it but not the rude women her seat was sandwiched in-between that took over her seat's arm rests to place their own food and clothes. :(

In the days since he and the wife haven't stopped telling everybody else in the family about the 'two-and-a-half hour B&W German silent movie' I imposed on them (BS, they could have said no) but they're also using scenes/phrases from the movie ('Evil Maria,' 'Mediator-Heart-Brain' metaphors, how the workers' struggle resembles their own back home, etc.) so the movie made an impression. As for me, I'd seen "The Complete Metropolis" in early May and it was still fun to see a month later. With the restored footage Josaphat and The Thin Man make excellent second-banana sidekick/henchman to Freder and Joh (respectively). I'd never picked in my previous half-a-dozen viewings of the movie (going back to the early 2000's Kino release) that (a) you can see-through some boobs in the Garden scene, (b) the whole 'Babel' sequence was meant to convey the first worker uprising in recorded history (it always struck me as Lang just showing off with a cool 'look at my style' sequence) and (c) there are way too many impossible coincidences (primarily Freder walking by the lab right at the moment Maria started screaming for help). November cannot come soon enough for me to get me a Blu-ray of this! :D

maingon
06-14-10, 03:08 PM
Splice (one wierd movie, and nothing like the trailers or advertisements)

visitor Q
06-14-10, 06:51 PM
Robin Hood - largely forgettable. Price of Thieves is still my favorite version.

Birdemic - (A throwback - more like a slight nod - to Hitchcock's, Birds) Sad, sad affair. Could be the painfully worst film I've ever seen, but because the crowd was so animated the experience was fun.

statcat
06-14-10, 07:48 PM
it was The Mist in let me think, November 2007? Yeah it was so bad it traumatized me from the cinema :)

Solid Snake
06-14-10, 09:07 PM
A-Team...and it was badass. Just what we needed in terms of action.

Also wtf is up w/ 2010 having all this team based action flicks? The Expendables, The Losers, A-Team, and Predators...damn...well...maybe not Predators too much but you know wtf I'm saying.

B.A.
06-14-10, 09:18 PM
Iron Man 2

JimRochester
06-14-10, 09:39 PM
Just saw A-Team. Last week Prince of Persia

Giles
06-15-10, 12:21 AM
Legends of Flight (IMAX 3D)
Exit through the Gift Shop

Ginwen
06-15-10, 12:23 AM
El secreto de sus ojos

It was good, I don't know if it was the best foreign film of last year, but it was pretty good.

JumpCutz
06-15-10, 12:30 AM
Inception

Giles
06-15-10, 12:35 AM
El secreto de sus ojos

It was good, I don't know if it was the best foreign film of last year, but it was pretty good.

I enjoyed it too, but I agree I thought 'Summer Hours' and 'A Prophet' were superior '2009' foreign films

DonnachaOne
06-15-10, 12:36 AM
Inception

Don't leave us hangin', man! I thought Nolan was still editing. Where'd you see it?

Blu Man
06-15-10, 12:42 AM
Inception

-rolleyes-

JumpCutz
06-15-10, 12:47 AM
-wink-

Giles
06-16-10, 12:08 AM
Avatar (IMAX-3D) third time at the cinema, but first time in IMAX (film form, not digital) - damn the sound rocked!

newginafets
06-16-10, 01:08 AM
The A-Team
Killers

LiquidSky
06-16-10, 08:55 AM
The Runaways

Travis McClain
06-16-10, 03:25 PM
Last night, my wife and I finally made it out to see a movie for the first time in months. Being big fans of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, we settled on Get Him to the Greek. We both liked it, but agreed that it fell short of its predecessor. I kept thinking about The Lost World: Jurassic Park and how, as much as I liked Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park, he just wasn't strong enough as a character to build a sequel around the guy. It made us laugh, but it lacked the vulnerable sweetness and originality of FSM.

Giles
06-16-10, 06:21 PM
The Karate Kid (2010)

Osiris3657
06-16-10, 10:28 PM
Robin Hood back on its release day

chino77
06-16-10, 10:31 PM
bruno

Goldberg74
06-17-10, 10:19 AM
A-Team

Mr.Briggs
06-17-10, 02:04 PM
Karate Kid & A Team (double feature) although technically the LAST one I saw was the A Team.

SkullOrchard
06-17-10, 02:24 PM
Mask (1985)

I stopped going to movies in the mid 80s when VCRs became affordable and video rental shops started popping up everywhere.

islandclaws
06-17-10, 05:38 PM
The A-Team.

Painful to sit through.

zombeaner
06-17-10, 09:09 PM
Charlotte's Web (Dakota Fanning version) with my son yesterday at a summer kid's movie series at Studio Movie Grill.

JohnnyMovie
06-20-10, 02:49 AM
last movie theater is: Robin Hood w/ Russell Crowe.

great movie btw :thumbsup:

riotinmyskull
06-20-10, 06:58 AM
GET HIM TO THE GREEK

crowd of about 15 but nobody was scared to laugh out loud. very fun experience.

nateman
06-26-10, 11:04 AM
GET HIM TO THE GREEK

crowd of about 15 but nobody was scared to laugh out loud. very fun experience.
:lol: I think there was about that many people when I went to see it yesterday.

It was a great experience.

I went with two of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers players (went with Alex Brink (went to his hotel room first and chatted for about an hour and a half) and Jabari Arthur) yesterday and Get Him to the Greek was fucking hilarious!

I usually buy my movies on Blu-ray and DVD and this is the first time in a long time that I've been to a theatre. Alex paid for my movie ticket!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4735804446_75451e428e_m.jpg

The movie ticket stub.

NoirFan
06-26-10, 01:00 PM
The restored Metropolis, at the Coolidge. It looked wonderful, but the almost sold-out audience tittered throughout, which was quite aggravating and distracting.

islandclaws
06-26-10, 01:21 PM
Toy Story 3 - Unfortunately, it was in one of the smaller theaters at our local multiplex, so I felt too wedged in with the assholes around me. This Asian chick next to us kept rustling with a candy bag that drove my gf nuts. At least the movie was excellent.

Giles
06-26-10, 11:03 PM
The restored Metropolis, at the Coolidge. It looked wonderful, but the almost sold-out audience tittered throughout, which was quite aggravating and distracting.

oh that would drive me crazy. Going to check out a matinee (with a less than annoying crowd) of 'Metropolis' when it opens at the Avalon on the 9th of July.

saw 'Knight and Day' last night.

Solid Snake
06-26-10, 11:30 PM
Toy Story 3 3D on opening day, turns out...the only good 3D effects were for the Disney 3D banner exploding on the screen. Great movie though...

JohnnyMovie
06-26-10, 11:57 PM
just saw Grown Ups (2010)

Chet Desmond
06-27-10, 08:39 AM
"Survival of the Dead". Not Romero's finest hour, but no where near the disaster I'd heard it was. Some horrid CGI and unfunny gags aside, not a bad little flick.

JohnnyMovie
07-02-10, 11:17 PM
Harry Brown w/ starring Michael Caine.

Shannon Nutt
07-03-10, 10:11 AM
I got to see a 35mm print of SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE (151 minute Director's Cut) at a local cinema last night. Took the bad taste out of my mouth of all the awful new films I've been seeing recently. They're having INDIANA JONES & THE TEMPLE OF DOOM next week, so I may be heading back. You know it's a bad summer for movies when you get excited about special screenings of older films.

Blu Man
07-03-10, 11:59 AM
I got to see a 35mm print of SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE (151 minute Director's Cut) at a local cinema last night. Took the bad taste out of my mouth of all the awful new films I've been seeing recently. They're having INDIANA JONES & THE TEMPLE OF DOOM next week, so I may be heading back. You know it's a bad summer for movies when you get excited about special screenings of older films.

Consider yourself lucky. I'd love it if there was a theater in my city that showed 35mm prints of the classics.

TimeandTide
07-03-10, 05:09 PM
Karate Kid. Really enjoyed it.

JohnnyMovie
07-31-10, 11:24 PM
Salt (2010)

JumpCutz
07-31-10, 11:28 PM
A movie probably most of you haven't even heard of....

Inception.

Try to find it if you can, it's worth checking out.

jfoobar
08-01-10, 12:17 AM
A movie probably most of you haven't even heard of....

Inception.

I might have had a dream about that...

Since I saw it last weekend, my new answer is The Kids Are All Right.

magman
08-06-10, 05:28 AM
Dinner For Shmucks

JohnnyMovie
08-13-10, 11:56 PM
Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore (2010)

SPiRAL
08-14-10, 01:47 AM
Scott Pilgrim

kd5
08-14-10, 08:37 AM
Iron Man 2 at the $1 theater. My wife & I thought it was pretty darned good!:) -kd5-

Giles
08-14-10, 10:59 AM
Eat Pray Love

islandclaws
08-14-10, 02:02 PM
The Other Guys

Solid Snake
08-14-10, 02:11 PM
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World...

LickTheABCs
08-14-10, 02:21 PM
The Expendables - Although I didn't cream my pants over it like some ::coughSolidSnakecough:: I enjoyed it. The editing was atrocious though and it was much better in my head three months ago.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - Now this I creamed my pants over.

Trevor
08-14-10, 02:26 PM
Inception twice over the last few weeks.

Mountain Biker
08-14-10, 02:30 PM
The Expendables

asianxcore
08-14-10, 02:32 PM
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

JimRochester
08-16-10, 03:29 PM
Salt

Giles
08-16-10, 03:44 PM
Farewell

FantasticVSDoom
08-16-10, 04:24 PM
Scott Pilgrim
The Expendables

captainsolo
08-17-10, 03:37 PM
Ikiru.

Hokeyboy
08-17-10, 04:04 PM
What Tampa theater is showing Ikiru?? I can be there in 3.5 hrs...

Giles
08-17-10, 05:33 PM
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

Solid Snake
08-17-10, 05:49 PM
What Tampa theater is showing Ikiru?? I can be there in 3.5 hrs...

wow....lol

SPiRAL
08-17-10, 06:01 PM
Get Low

Geofferson
08-17-10, 06:36 PM
Inception

darkhawk
08-17-10, 08:35 PM
Eclipse