Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Steven King Completists: Kingdom Hospital: Complete Series Collector's Tin $16.99

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Steven King Completists: Kingdom Hospital: Complete Series Collector's Tin $16.99

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-09, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found this complete set in a Madacy metal tin casing over in the Best Buy section of documentaries and other metal sets. Every Best Buy has one and this one is kinda neat and should appeal to those who collect Stephen King collectibles.

I can't find any info on this set except that it is indeed produced by Madacy Entertainment in Canada in 2009.

608 Minutes
1:78 Anamorphic Widescreen
Stephen King & Filmakers Commentary
Inside The Walls featurette
Patients & Doctors featurette
Designing Kingdom Hospital: A Tour feaurette
The Magic of Anumbis featurette
Previews
Exclusive Essay Written By Stephen King.

Never saw this series so am looking forward to it although it was supposed to be nowhere near as creepy as Lars Von Triers Kingdom series (which I have).
Old 07-08-09, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Steven King Completists: Kingdom Hospital: Complete Series Collector's Tin $16.99

I picked this set up on Amazon the week it was released and was surprised to see it had come in a tin. It's an exceptional series that'll appeal to fans of Twin Peaks. And the show itself has somewhat of a similar artistic look to The 4400. And you'll probably be surprised to see some familiar actors and locations... like the Baltar's lake house from the BSG pilot (and opening credits), Evangeline Lilly has a small role at one point, and Jack Coleman from Heroes is one of the main cast members.

Here's the amazon link for this version:
[scratch that, I don't have enough posts...]
If you do a search for Kingdom Hospital, the volume you want is:
"Stephen King Presents Kingdom Hospital: The Entire Series (DVD - April 28, 2009)"
Old 07-09-09, 12:40 AM
ktg

Re: Steven King Completists: Kingdom Hospital: Complete Series Collector's Tin $16.99

Here is the product at Amazon:

Link

I see you can also order it online from BestBuy.com for the same price. Amazon is the better deal for me--no tax, "free" shipping via my Prime membership.
Old 07-09-09, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Does this set have the same content as the non-tin Sony version? The latter cost me $11 from DD.