TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

How Would You Rank the Lost seasons?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-09, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Would You Rank the Lost seasons?

5. Season 2 -

Easily my least favorite. The season felt bloated spending a lot of time on back stories of characters who will soon die. The show dedicates numerous episodes on Mr. Eko yet he is completely forgotten mid-way through the series. And then there was everyone’s least favorite episode, Nikki and Pablo. The main storyline revolving around pushing the button grew tiresome.

4. Season 5 -

Season 5 has the opposite problem of season 5. The writers cram too many plot twists and storyline into 17 episodes. There is no time for dramatic pauses or character development. Sawyer and Juliet are suddenly together, and Jack just doesn’t seem like Jack anymore. In fact, Jack becomes a minor character in this season. We see almost nothing of Desmond which is a bummer. Season 5 is still a fun wild ride. Horris is one of my favorite new characters.

3. Season 3 –

Season 3 started off as a slow burn, even a bit boring with the cage episodes. However, after things get rolling, I was blown away. We get to see the true evil of Benjamin Linus who is IMO one of the greatest villains of all time. He is such a master of manipulation in this scene, and the final showdown is classic. And Anthony Cooper being tied to Sawyer, just freaking brilliant!

2. Season 4 –

Season 4 was just so addicting to watch. Despite the shorter season, the writers masterfully introduced a whole new faction, Charles Widmore's group, and constantly kept you guessing who are really the bad guys. I also loved the introduction of Jeff Fahey as Frank and more of Lost’s most fascinating character, Richard.

1. Season 1 –

In retrospect, season 1 may seem bloated and not progressing the storyline much. However, this season just excels at character development giving us the interesting backstory on the characters through flash backs. The season also featured the best art direction and music of the whole series. From the close up of Jack’s eye to the tearful finale, just great all around.

Last edited by jeffbase34; 07-07-09 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-07-09, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: How Would You Rank the Lost seasons?

1. Season 1 - One of the best seasons of any TV show, ever.

2. Season 4 - Excellent jumping off point, it kept the mystery of the first and third seasons and introduced some excellent new elements.

3. Season 5 - A very enjoyable season full of time travel. While the mysterious aspect was missing from much of it, it was just an absolute blast of a ride.

4. Season 3 - Got off to a slow start with some genuine filler and had some of the worst episodes of the series (Stranger in a Strange Land remains the most groan inducing episode of the series, and the Nikki and Paulo episode sort of made the first two seasons seem incredibly insubstantial)... but built to a fantastic climax in the second half of the season.

5. Season 2 - Terrible. While it introduced us to Ben and the computer countdown, 90% of the season was dull filler and lacked any sense of mystery or adventure. Fantastic 10%, horrible 90%, almost killed the show for me.

Last edited by RichC2; 07-07-09 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-07-09, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2

2. Season 4 - Excellent jumping off point, it kept the mystery of the first and third seasons and introduced some excellent new elements.

3. Season 5 - A very enjoyable season full of time travel. While the mysterious aspect was missing from much of it, it was just an absolute blast of a ride.

4. Season 3 - Got off to a slow start with some genuine filler and had some of the worst episodes of the series (Stranger in a Strange Land remains the most groan inducing episode of the series, and the Nikki and Paulo episode sort of made the first two seasons seem incredibly insubstantial)... but built to a fantastic climax in the second half of the season.

5. Season 2 - Terrible. While it introduced us to Ben and the computer countdown, 90% of the season was dull filler and lacked any sense of mystery or adventure. Fantastic 10%, horrible 90%, almost killed the show for me.
This is pretty much exactly what I was going to write.
Old 07-07-09, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Yep, there you go!
Old 07-07-09, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best to worst: 5 1 4 3 2
Old 07-07-09, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
5. Season 2 -
[...]And then there was everyone’s least favorite episode, Nikki and Pablo.[...]
Nikki and Paulo were in Season 3, not Season 2. (Their episode was titled Exposé)

Last edited by dhmac; 07-07-09 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-07-09, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote (although I still like the Nikki/Paolo ep!), but I just wanted to swoop in and say how great it is to see someone else list season 2 dead last. It got so bad for a while there that I gave up on the show, and it wasn't until season 3 hit Blu-ray that I decided to give it another shot.
Old 07-07-09, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I say this half in jest, but I bet Expose' will end up in the Top 20 episodes. It clearly addressed the fans concerns about who the heck were these two and why were they getting so much screne time. Besides, it gave us Billy D Williams and "razzle dazzle". How could you not like that?!
Old 07-07-09, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I actually like the Expose episode It seemed like a big inside joke and think it will go down better with time. But seeing how casually they walked through all the big events was simultaneously funny and annoying.
Old 07-07-09, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, so I finally decided to watch this show and just finished season 2 last night.

I can't believe all the hate for 2. Yeah towards the second half it kind of dragged on but the hatch and button pushing was very interesting for me. I would say through the first 75% of the season I was in the "have to watch one more" phase alot.

Maybe this means that the next three seasons I haven't seen are so amazing it puts this one down. I'm really hoping so.
Old 07-07-09, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I, too, agree with this assessment.

I also didn't mind the Nikki/Paulo ep.
Old 07-07-09, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rocketsauce
Wow, so I finally decided to watch this show and just finished season 2 last night.

I can't believe all the hate for 2. Yeah towards the second half it kind of dragged on but the hatch and button pushing was very interesting for me. I would say through the first 75% of the season I was in the "have to watch one more" phase alot.

Maybe this means that the next three seasons I haven't seen are so amazing it puts this one down. I'm really hoping so.

You are in for a real treat. I almost wish I could go back and experience the show for the first time. The show is so good that even the weakest seasons are very enjoyable. I definitely enjoyed season 2, but not as much as the other seasons.
Old 07-07-09, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah I figured it was one of those "I put it last, but it doesn't mean it sucks" things. Considering I got through S2 in about a week I can only imagine what I'll be doing with my remaining free time...
Old 07-07-09, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In order = 1,4,3,5,2.

The first half of season 3 sucked as it was obvious they were dragging things out since they did not have an end date from the network. Once the producers were given an end date that season took off.

I wasn't a big fan of this past season. While not bad overall, I just wasn't that into the going back in time storyline.

On a side note my ranking of the season ending episodes in order would be:
Old 07-07-09, 11:26 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I stopped watching at the Season 3 hiatus, which was apparently the absolute low point of the show. Looks like I need to give Lost another try.
Old 07-07-09, 11:28 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Ayre
Best to worst: 5 1 4 3 2
That!
Old 07-07-09, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts

14532 (Best to worst)
Old 07-07-09, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

#1: Season 1
#2: Season 4

Then for spots #3 and #4 would be seasons 3 & 5 which are interchangeable depending on mood.

#5: Season 2
Old 07-07-09, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Wasn't season 2 the 1st year that Team Darlton became showrunners? If anything, I think they have grown tremendously as writer/producers on the show since then. I know JJ left after season 1.
Old 07-07-09, 12:14 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Season 1
Season 5
Season 4
Season 3
Spoiler:

Season 2
Old 07-07-09, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Wasn't season 2 the 1st year that Team Darlton became showrunners? If anything, I think they have grown tremendously as writer/producers on the show since then. I know JJ left after season 1.
Damon has been on board since it's inception. JJ Abrams pretty much left after the pilot. Carlton came aboard later. I'm not sure if it was late season one or season two though.

I'm going through season one on Blu right now and have actually been checking the credits to see where he came on board. I'm through 12 episodes and no sign of him yet.
Old 07-07-09, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought the ending to Season 2 was one of the best of the series.
Old 07-07-09, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

1. Season 1
2. Season 5
3. Seaon 4
4. Season 2
5. Season 3

I still enjoyed all three seasons but Season 3 had a lot of slowness to in towards the beginning. Then it had one of the best season finales I've ever seen and IMO sent Lost to another level.
Old 07-07-09, 02:16 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by The Bus
I thought the ending to Season 2 was one of the best of the series.
Me too:

Mr. Eko: I'm going to cap your white ass. [cocks pistol]
Jack: Ah, hell no!

[FADE TO BLACK]
Old 07-07-09, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
#1: Season 1
#2: Season 4

Then for spots #3 and #4 would be seasons 3 & 5 which are interchangeable depending on mood.

#5: Season 2
I was going to post the same.

And of course Season 4 has my favorite episode of the series: The Constant.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.