Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Pioneer Elite VSX-24TX

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Pioneer Elite VSX-24TX

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-00, 09:59 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to upgrade from a JVC-717 to a Pioneer Elite VSX-24TX. I've seen it for less than $700 and this looks like a deal. THX certified, Dolby Digital, DTS, S-video switching etc. The current receiver I have is just Dolby Surround and Dolby Pro-Logic, what can I expect when I replace it with the Pioneer Elite VSX-24TX?

Is it anywhere like going from cassette to CD (sound quality wise) or much more?
Also any advice on speakers? Cerwin-Vega ok?

Old 05-28-00, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Elite VSX-07TX (last year's 27TX), and I upgraded from a pretty nice receiver (Harmon/Kardon Dolby Digital, it was $800). The difference was night and day. The Elite reciever use Pioneer's DACs instead of buying from Motorola, which allows them to be an outstanding value, in my opinion. You will enjoy it immensely. One warning: no matter what *anyone* tries to tell you, if you buy Elite gear online or mail order, you will NOT get the two-year warranty. I have spoken personally with the vice-president of Pioneer for the Southeast US on this subject, and he says no go. Enjoy! It's a great receiver.