Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

360 - July 4th Double XP Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-09, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
360 - July 4th Double XP Weekend

Hey

Some already know this but in case some don't to celebrate the 4th there's going to be 'Double XP' for this weekend with both COD-World at War and GOW2. Here's the info...

Gears of War 2 to Get Patch and Double XP This Weekend

Epic Games announced today its plans to celebrate Independence Day in a big way, with the rollout of Title Update 4 plus Double XP and some additions to Horde. Executive Producer Rod Ferguson wrote:

It's time to celebrate Independence Day! And we're going to do that with some extra experience and an onslaught of our version of fireworks, the beloved Ticker. Oh and it's looking like TU4 is going to drop just in time for this event!

Starting Friday morning you'll be receiving double XP as well as a 500 XP bonus awarded to the winning team. And to give a little extra bang to Horde we're bringing the Ticker squad (a group of Tickers that all spawn at the same time) into full effect. They'll be showing up a lot more throughout all the waves of Horde and they've completely infested every 10th wave with nothing but Tickers. So if you've been having trouble with Bloodmounts, this weekend is a good time to get your Horde on and get further than ever before. And don't forget that TU4 will give you experience for every wave you beat

Call of Duty: World at War Double XP Weekend

To celebrate Independence Day in the United States, Activision and Treyarch will run Double-XP for Call of Duty: World at War over the weekend. Double-XP will be available worldwide and starts July 3 at 10:00 A.M. PST and ends July 6 at 10:00 A.M. PST.

Additionally, there will be a playlist update this Friday. Treyarch will incorporate the Map Pack 2 maps into the main Core and Hardcore rotations

Still don't have COD yet but I can enjoy GOW2 this weekend. Have a great 4th shootin 'em up!
Old 07-03-09, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Re: 360 - July 4th Double XP Weekend

I've never participated in one of these. What do you do? Do you have to sign up for something?
Old 07-03-09, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing to sign up for. When you play online you will get double the experience you normally get. It helps to level up faster.
Old 07-03-09, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Ok thanks.
Old 07-03-09, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

I just wish they'd incorporate some kind of leveling system on Nazi Zombie mode.
Old 07-04-09, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

I played with a few Talkers yesterday and last night in GOW2 and the "New" Horde mode was just insane. No Bloodmounts but instead you get about 80-90 Tickers every 10th round.

I was kinda of surprised not to see not just more in GOW2 but didn't see hardly any on COD:WaW. Instead on COD:4?
Old 07-04-09, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

I gave the Halo double xp mode a run last night. To say we got our asses reemed would be putting it politely.