Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Stepping into Xbox Live

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-09, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stepping into Xbox Live

Just started subscribing to Xbox Live within the last week. Been playing CoD4 and WaW and some of the Ghostbusters "jobs". Any advice to a complete noob? (other than never listening to the innane chat in CoD).
Old 06-28-09, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Stepping into Xbox Live

Multiplayer games are a lot more fun when playing with friends as opposed to unknowns. That way you hear less hateful and racist remarks from complete jerks and your team has an actual chance of winning because you work well together. So start sending out friend requests whenever you come across somebody who you enjoyed playing with. You can also send out FR to people here who play the same types of games.

Oh and in Call of Duty 4, hold down X to plant/disarm the bomb in Search and Destroy. Many "noobs" don't know that.
Old 06-28-09, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Best advice is just to ignore, report, and block any moron who gives you a hard time online. Name calling back in forth is just what they want you to do.

What's your gamer tag? I'm on both WaW and Ghostbusters too at the moment.
Old 06-28-09, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the above comment. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Most of the time I play Gears of War 2 or COD4 without the mic. Especially if im going in it alone.
Old 06-28-09, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I set my global 360 settings to mute anyone not on my friends list about two years ago. I haven't looked back, it's pure bliss.

Of course this requires you to have a pretty good group of friends to play with so you don't have to be paired up with strangers. Build up your friends list and mute everyone globally. Doing it on a per game basis is tedious and annoying.
Old 06-28-09, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i play with the headset off. dont need to hear that kind of garbage. gamertag is the same as here, burnside986. biggest problem im having at the moment is getting a good wireless connection. have an N router, but today when i enabled WEP and put my laptop on the network the connection went the way of the dodo. Would me being connected with the laptop and xbox at the same time cause such poor connections?
Old 06-28-09, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Congrads to getting Live. First off stay with DVD Talkers as we pretty much get along and you'll always find some to play with. You'll stand a better chance of enjoying the evening laughing with fellow "Talkers" than cussing at random matches with unknowns. MP games are good but it's the "co-op" ones, at least to me, that's a blast like GOW2, Ghostbusters, and Left4Dead. All you have to do is just ask to add or be added to friends list.