DVD Talk
The Official Real World: Cancun thread (starts 06-24-09) [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : The Official Real World: Cancun thread (starts 06-24-09)

mrpayroll
06-25-09, 12:19 AM
So, it looks like they have casted 8 young beautiful people who all like to party and have fun. They really seem to have 'dumbed down' this cast compared to the last one.

I wonder how much conflict there is going to be this season?

Chris

sergtv
06-25-09, 12:51 AM
looks like they have jobs too.. the girl from san diego's hot ayiiia sp? no drama in the first ep, but looks like a drama filled season.. lots of crying in the previews.

for the first time ever roomates make it to the cast of the rw.. wonder if they will be still be roomates after the show? and we get not one but two hooters girls, that arn't roomates.

Thrush
06-25-09, 02:22 AM
Hottest female cast I can remember in a while.

Red Dog
06-25-09, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the update.

Hottest female cast I can remember in a while.

I'm on and off with RW. I haven't watched RW since the Sydney one. Looks like I'll have to jump back in.

I also noticed the next one is in DC - finally. Apparently filming just started - they're at a house in Dupont Circle.

spainlinx0
06-25-09, 09:21 AM
I missed this yesterday. I wonder if MTV will be replaying this at all for me to check it out?

Timber
06-25-09, 09:21 AM
I guess the older I get the lower my tolerance gets for this show. They just all seem so stupid and all the screaming was just too much for me.

Red Dog
06-25-09, 09:25 AM
I missed this yesterday. I wonder if MTV will be replaying this at all for me to check it out?

I think they repeat them a zillion times.

spainlinx0
06-25-09, 09:32 AM

Oh yes, I have no doubt that I'll be able to catch it. The problem I have had with MTV though is that my DVR always cuts something off. Why can't MTV stick to the blocks?

mrpayroll
06-25-09, 12:40 PM

:lol:

You were being facetious, right? ;)

Oh yes, I have no doubt that I'll be able to catch it. The problem I have had with MTV though is that my DVR always cuts something off. Why can't MTV stick to the blocks?

You should always pad it by 5 minutes at least.

Chris

Red Dog
06-25-09, 03:00 PM
How annoying. Program guide thinks all the repeats are first-run. Makes setting up a season pass worthless.

superdeluxe
06-25-09, 03:13 PM
Yikes. Cancun is the city that does not ever sleep. I am sure much drama will ensue.

El Scorcho
06-25-09, 03:20 PM
significantly better looking than that mess in Brooklyn

also, no trannies

mrpayroll
06-25-09, 04:12 PM
How annoying. Program guide thinks all the repeats are first-run. Makes setting up a season pass worthless.

Just set up a manual one for 65 minutes every Wed at 7 pm.

Chris

mrpayroll
06-25-09, 04:14 PM
And I couldn't believe it when the hottie with BROWN eyes said that she was jealous of the girl with blue eyes and wanted them.

I felt like :yack: when I saw her blue eyes.

Chris

Timber
06-25-09, 04:41 PM
And I couldn't believe it when the hottie with BROWN eyes said that she was jealous of the girl with blue eyes and wanted them.

I felt like :yack: when I saw her blue eyes.

Chris
I love her eyes, blue eyed chick that is. Thought she was hot as hell and then they showed her without make up and I quickly moved on.

sergtv
06-26-09, 12:31 AM
Just set up a manual one for 65 minutes every Wed at 7 pm.

Chris

now thats a good idea.. never thought of that.. thanks!

Thrush
06-26-09, 02:05 AM
Thought she was hot as hell and then they showed her without make up and I quickly moved on.

This is true of like 80+% of women though.

Red Dog
06-26-09, 08:26 AM

Or not. Last night's reair was preempted for Jackson dead coverage. I have a recording set up today but I'm sure that will be preempted. MTV might become MJTV for the rest of time.

PacMan2006
06-26-09, 10:20 AM
^True. And even though I missed the first episode, it's nice to see MTV actually showing music videos again.

Red Dog
06-27-09, 10:08 AM
Just watched. I don't think the girls are all that, except for Emilee - she is pretty.

:lol: at Bronne making out with that ugly mom. I can see that tattoo dude trying to be his generation's Puck.

Awesome location. I wonder if they were there during the swine flu outbreak.

BDB
06-29-09, 02:37 AM
Emilee is gorgeous!

Fun first episode, the preview makes it look like it could be crazytown but who knows with each season.

Timber
07-01-09, 11:24 PM
So Jonna the girl with the eyes is Black? I had no idea.

rocketsauce
07-01-09, 11:57 PM
At least we know that next weeks episode will be good by lesbian situations default

mrpayroll
07-02-09, 12:22 AM
So Jonna the girl with the eyes is Black? I had no idea.

Even ignoring her God awful ugly eyes, people like her that claim to be totally committed to their boyfriend and then carry on like she did with the dude she's living with, they just make me sick.

She could hear the pain in her boyfriends voice who has no idea what really is going on, but still she tried to play it down to him and even joking about it with the other guys on the phone. She is repulsive and I hope that her boyfriend has seen these episodes and moved on.

Aiyaa or whatever her name is, is the prettiest to me, but her personality sucks. She needs to get some social skills.

And the musician was an ass most of the night. You don't spit on someones food and think it is alright. He seemed to wise up by the end of the episode.

And yes, the lesbian episode next week looks really good and then things blow up.

Chris

sergtv
07-02-09, 03:33 AM
after watching tonights episode i'm pretty sure that joey has a secret crush on ayiia sp?

hopefully the job doesn't take away to much of the fun and the drama.

BDB
07-02-09, 12:41 PM
So Chris, if you met a girl who you were friends with, then fell in love with and she was married or going out with someone else you would not follow through?

It could be your one love?

Joey was an ass with the spitting, but they were all drunk. Ayiia is a bitch, I hate her and hope she gets thrown off the island, and might do for drinking, she had an attitude about that.

I also don't think that Jonna is all that hot at all, our buddy CJ could pull much hotter ass.

And Bronny is funny with the older ladies, he'll be macking on the student city lady in no time.

mrpayroll
07-02-09, 01:08 PM
So Chris, if you met a girl who you were friends with, then fell in love with and she was married or going out with someone else you would not follow through?

Joey was an ass with the spitting, but they were all drunk. Ayiia is a bitch, I hate her and hope she gets thrown off the island, and might do for drinking, she had an attitude about that.

I also don't think that Jonna is all that hot at all, our buddy CJ could pull much hotter ass.

And Bronny is funny with the older ladies, he'll be macking on the student city lady in no time.

That has pretty much been the story of my life. I was usually attracted (or they were attracted to me) to women who were in relationships that were not working. Some had been recently separated from their husbands and some had boyfriends where they were not happy and soon to leave them.

Enter a guy who was nice to them (me) and it would be all good for awhile and then they would see how serious I was into them and that would turn them off and that was the end of that. I was the one that ended up being hurt.

So no, I wouldn't want to be the cause of breaking up a relationship (good or bad) because I wouldn't want it done unto me.

Chris

mrpayroll
07-02-09, 01:10 PM
after watching tonights episode i'm pretty sure that joey has a secret crush on ayiia sp?

hopefully the job doesn't take away to much of the fun and the drama.

I think it's so secret that even he doesn't know that he has one, but he reacts negatively to her because he subconciously knows he cannot get her.

Chris

Red Dog
07-02-09, 01:26 PM

I agree. That being said, the minute CJ brings some other chick back to bang, Jonna will change her tune and be screwing him in no time.

What a great fight. A Real World instant classic.

And the job requires no public drunkenness? That's like 75% of the Real World. :lol:

spainlinx0
07-02-09, 02:06 PM

I don't understand that mindset. If you fall in love with someone attached, and she is willing to cheat or leave her current SO for you, they aren't worth pursuing. Then when the "newness" of your relationship wears off you'll receive the same treatment.

BDB
07-02-09, 02:09 PM
It was more a commentary on Chris's reactions to this kind of thing. He seems a little OTT when talking about relationships.

mrpayroll
07-02-09, 02:13 PM
Everything I spoke of was back in the 80's.

I've given up on the women. I'm now looking into gay men.

Chris

BDB
07-02-09, 02:22 PM
I think Gatordeb is looking for a baby daddy..

Giantrobo
07-02-09, 06:05 PM
Everything I spoke of was back in the 80's.

I've given up on the women. <b>I'm now looking into gay men.</b>

Chris

Finally!! Don't you feel like a weight has been lifted? :p I'm proud of you man. You'll get awesome benefits from Disney. :D

Giantrobo
07-02-09, 06:06 PM
I think Gatordeb is looking for a baby daddy..

Nope. I called Dibs...

mrpayroll
07-03-09, 01:09 AM
Finally!! Don't you feel like a weight has been lifted? :p I'm proud of you man. You'll get awesome benefits from Disney. :D

They treat teh gays better than us (formally) straight guys! :(

Chris

Thrush
07-03-09, 05:09 AM
I don't understand that mindset. If you fall in love with someone attached, and she is willing to cheat or leave her current SO for you, they aren't worth pursuing. Then when the "newness" of your relationship wears off you'll receive the same treatment.

So you get sexy time and she moves on to the next schmoe when it gets boring? Sounds like a win win to me.

BDB
07-09-09, 02:31 PM
What the hell was going on in this episode? All the girls hormones were on fire.

Ayiia is horrible as a person- I really do not like her one bit!

Red Dog
07-09-09, 02:34 PM
I love how Ayiia and Emilee are making out one night and then in the next day or so, they are mortal enemies. :lol: They are both fucked up in the head.

BDB
07-09-09, 02:44 PM
at least emilee is gorgeous though

spainlinx0
07-09-09, 03:27 PM
So you get sexy time and she moves on to the next schmoe when it gets boring? Sounds like a win win to me.

Sure, that's fine, except up there someone was talking about "true love" or some other Hallmark nonsense.

Finisher
07-09-09, 08:03 PM
at least emilee is gorgeous thoughYeah, Emilee is the only real eye candy although Jonna(?) has killer eyes.

It was funny to watch how fast they split into groups and how even faster the smaller outgroup (the chicks) turned on each other.

mrpayroll
07-09-09, 08:11 PM
What the hell was going on in this episode? All the girls hormones were on fire.

Physically speaking she is hot as hell, but other than that, yeah!

Chris

MFRONE
07-09-09, 11:57 PM
Physically speaking she is hot as hell, but other than that, yeah!

Chris
Not really, none of the girls are anymore then decent looking.

Thrush
07-10-09, 12:21 AM
Crazy lesbians, good times.

mrpayroll
07-10-09, 01:18 AM
Not really, none of the girls are anymore then decent looking.

It's actually a matter of taste. I love latinas and brown eyes and that is why whenever I see Jonna who is black, with her light eyes, it makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

That is why I only think that Natalie on the new Big Brother is the only beautiful girl in the house, latina & brown eyes.

Chris

Bluelitespecial
07-22-09, 07:50 PM
Any predictions about what will happen to Ayiia on tonights new episode, its followed by somekind of Real World special about it.

Timber
07-22-09, 07:56 PM
I don't remember a preview from last week but I'd have to think public drunkenness which causes her to get fired.

Timber
07-22-09, 10:50 PM
And we have another cutter...

Timber
07-22-09, 11:10 PM
Ayiia is probably one of the worst people they've ever had in the house but Joey went so completely overboard that I ended up feeling sorry for her.

mrpayroll
07-22-09, 11:50 PM
She needed to go home, but I don't think that is going to happen.

Did you guys see the previews for the rest of the season? It makes tonight episode look like childs play! :eek:

The aftershow was pretty interesting. I won't give anything away, but you should watch it.

Chris

rocketsauce
07-23-09, 12:03 AM
I missed it, can you spoilerize anything?

BDLOU
07-23-09, 07:57 AM
Although Joey went too far, I understand his reasoning. He wasn't doing it to just be mean. He really believed that the house would be so much better without her. And really she would be better by leaving as well although he couldn't care less about that. I understand she has a problem but her problem doesn't explain why she is a complete bitch (or does it?). At the after show, CJ made the point that she still is playing the victim card even though she has a problem. He didn't really explain it well but I understood what he was saying. Basically, she has a mental issue obviously. However, you can't just fall back on that to explain everything you do. She treats people horribly and then will not apologize for her behavior. She is never at fault. I loved how she was on the phone talking to whomever at home and complaining about all the drama the rest of the house was stirring up. That's about as delusional as you can get right there.

Red Dog
07-23-09, 08:43 AM
As much as Ayiaii is nuts, Joey is a complete douche, although I'm sure he is doing all this for the camera to give him and his lame band more publicity (as I said before, he's trying to be Puck II). He definitely went too far and there is no excuse for it. I wouldn't want to live with either one of them, that's for damn sure.

mrpayroll
07-23-09, 11:53 AM
Regarding the aftershow, we all have to understand that these people lack a lot of maturity.

Joey & CJ were still not convinced that Ayiaii(sp ??) has an emotional problem that needs to be treated with compassion and therapy. Emily, who was also on the aftershow tried to explain to them that Ayiaii's problem is all too real and all too dangerous.

Sure Ayiaii is not a very nice person, is never at fault and likes to create conflict, but beneath all of that is a person who is crying out for help, is too proud to admit that she has a problem and probably should never have been put on the show.

We still don't know what the future episodes hold (like I said the previews look really wild), but the producers should have sent her away like they did with that muscle guy (Joey?) from a couple of seasons ago, who realized that he had a drinking problem and needed help right away.

Chris

BDLOU
07-23-09, 12:04 PM
Regarding the aftershow, we all have to understand that these people lack a lot of maturity.

Joey & CJ were still not convinced that Ayiaii(sp ??) has an emotional problem that needs to be treated with compassion and therapy. Emily, who was also on the aftershow tried to explain to them that Ayiaii's problem is all too real and all too dangerous.

Sure Ayiaii is not a very nice person, is never at fault and likes to create conflict, but beneath all of that is a person who is crying out for help, is too proud to admit that she has a problem and probably should never have been put on the show.

We still don't know what the future episodes hold (like I said the previews look really wild), but the producers should have sent her away like they did with that muscle guy (Joey?) from a couple of seasons ago, who realized that he had a drinking problem and needed help right away.

Chris

I think CJ and Joey understood then and now that she has a problem but it doesn't explain why she is such a bitch. I guarantee her only friends at home are those that let her walk all over them.

I agree they should have sent her packing as soon as they found out she cut herself. Are you sure they made Joey leave that season? It seemed like he made that decision himself. That could be all editing though.

BDLOU
07-23-09, 12:08 PM
As much as Ayiaii is nuts, Joey is a complete douche, although I'm sure he is doing all this for the camera to give him and his lame band more publicity (as I said before, he's trying to be Puck II). He definitely went too far and there is no excuse for it. I wouldn't want to live with either one of them, that's for damn sure.

It seems he gets along with everyone else in the house. That isn't exactly saying he's a great guy but I would say he's no more douchey than the majority of the youth today. God help us.

Red Dog
07-23-09, 12:15 PM
It seems he gets along with everyone else in the house. That isn't exactly saying he's a great guy but I would say he's no more douchey than the majority of the youth today. God help us.

I think it takes a rather high level of douchery that the minute you get back from a loved one's funeral, you are immediately plotting to wreak havoc with someone. But like I said, I think this may be all done for the camera for self-promotion purposes.

Timber
07-23-09, 12:17 PM
No body in the house liked Aiiya but now that they find out she's a "cutter" the girls are falling all over themselves to have her cry on there shoulder. I'm not sure of the timing here though but wasn't it just 2 weeks ago in show time that Aiiya called Emily out for being adopted in there argument but she accuses Joey of going to far with the knife comments?

I'm sorry but she just isn't a good person and seemed to bring the whole house down when she was around. Horrible casting with her.

Timber
07-23-09, 12:19 PM
I think it takes a rather high level of douchery that the minute you get back from a loved one's funeral, you are immediately plotting to wreak havoc with someone.

Unfortunately they don't seem to air this stuff in any kind of order. For all we know the funeral happened weeks before last nights episode or even after it for all that we know.

Red Dog
07-23-09, 12:23 PM
I'm sorry but she just isn't a good person and seemed to bring the whole house down when she was around. Horrible casting with her.

I figure they go out of their way to cast drama queens. :shrug:

Red Dog
07-23-09, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately they don't seem to air this stuff in any kind of order. For all we know the funeral happened weeks before last nights episode or even after it for all that we know.

Well it really doesn't matter when it happened in the grand scheme. We know he was plotting the minute he got back from granny's funeral.

BDB
07-23-09, 01:18 PM
Is Ayiia gone. If so glory fucking days.

mrpayroll
07-23-09, 02:21 PM
I think CJ and Joey understood then and now that she has a problem but it doesn't explain why she is such a bitch. I guarantee her only friends at home are those that let her walk all over them.

I agree they should have sent her packing as soon as they found out she cut herself. Are you sure they made Joey leave that season? It seemed like he made that decision himself. That could be all editing though.

No, the producers took Joey aside and gave him the option to get help which he thankfully did.

Chris

mrpayroll
07-23-09, 02:23 PM

Hey, they got us here talking all about it. Mission accomplished.

I found it interesting that Aiiya (sp ??) did a PSA during the show about cutting.

And since I'm 48 years old, I always thought cutting meant that you 'cut' class. ;)

Chris

madcougar
07-23-09, 02:44 PM

My thoughts exactly. It's like a science experiment. What combination of people will have the most explosive results.

Outside of Bronne and maybe Jasmine I wouldn't piss on any of these people if they were on fire.

I can't ever watch more than two or three episodes of any season as majority of the castmembers end up being poor excuses for human beings.

mrpayroll
07-23-09, 04:07 PM
My thoughts exactly. It's like a science experiment. What combination of people will have the most explosive results.

Outside of Bronne and maybe Jasmine I wouldn't piss on any of these people if they were on fire.

I can't ever watch more than two or three episodes of any season as majority of the castmembers end up being poor excuses for human beings.

What?

I guess you've also been watching Road Rules! ;)

Chris

JZ1276
07-23-09, 04:25 PM
is it just me or is the blonde guy with the muscles (forget his name) seem the the same dude that was in last seasons real world (the blonde guy with muscles who loaned the tranny money)??

boogieman03
07-23-09, 05:10 PM
Man that was an entertaining episode.

The previews for the rest of the season look fantastic...from a train wreck point of view.

mrpayroll
07-23-09, 05:53 PM
I know we say it every season, but this has to be the most disfunctional cast ever (I've only been watching the last 4 years or so).

Chris

Red Dog
07-23-09, 07:21 PM
Watching the post-show now.....Emilee looking very fine.

Finisher
07-23-09, 09:10 PM
Emilee is smokin'. Did Emilee say in the post show she was cuddle buddies with Joey? Then Joey did air quotes around "cuddle buddies," implying maybe it was something more. Did anyone else catch that?

Jasmine, Bronne and token gay are dead weight.

CJ the meathead is pretty much the same as Scott last year, Dunbar before that, etc. There's also something bizarre looking about CJ's head and upper body.

Timber
07-23-09, 09:22 PM
Jasmine, Bronne and token gay are dead weight.

I think Bronne is hilarious, probably my favorite one in the cast this season.

Joeboo835
07-24-09, 10:57 AM
I think Bronne is hilarious, probably my favorite one in the cast this season.

I agree. He's rarely on, but when he is, I think he's very funny, but also down to earth and not trying to be "famous" like everyoen else on these types of shows. Looks like he's enjoying his 3-4 months in Cancun.

Giantrobo
07-24-09, 05:02 PM
Why are they using film instead of video?

BDB
07-24-09, 05:12 PM

Allow myself to applaud myself with the vision I had!

Giantrobo
07-24-09, 05:16 PM

:lol:

BDB
07-24-09, 05:21 PM
So is cutting attention seeking?

Or is it a real problem? I'm pretty sure Ayiia is just an attention seeker

JZ1276
07-24-09, 05:33 PM
CJ the meathead is pretty much the same as Scott last year, Dunbar before that, etc. There's also something bizarre looking about CJ's head and upper body.

So I'm not the only one. They seem to be casting the same type of people for every season. CJ pretty much looks and acts exactly the same as Scott from last season. Bronne also looks and acts like Isaac from RW Sydney.
As far as cutting, I always thought it was an attention grabber. Most cutters cut the part of the arm that is visible. If it wasnt for attention, theyd cut somewhere that is covered by clothes.

mrpayroll
07-24-09, 05:55 PM

I still wouldn't kick her out of bed.....

until after the deed was done!

Chris

mrpayroll
07-24-09, 05:56 PM
So is cutting attention seeking?

Or is it a real problem? I'm pretty sure Ayiia is just an attention seeker

I think she is both. The cutting is a mental disorder, but her crying all the time about being the victim is attention seeking.

Chris

Giantrobo
07-24-09, 05:56 PM
I still wouldn't kick her out of bed.....

until after the deed was done!

Chris

I'll actually agree with you on this one. She's crazy and not very nice but she's kinda pretty.

Red Dog
07-30-09, 01:40 PM
Jonna sure has a interesting outlook...saying that she'd be upset if her boyfriend pulled the shit she pulls, but she's still going to be flirty and lead guys on because she has 'confidence.' I'd say WTF, but this is isn't a unique trait from women.

Bluelitespecial
08-07-09, 09:32 PM
I now this is a few days late, but I was sad to see Joey get fired and had to leave Cancun. Along with Bronnie he was my favorite guy in the house. It just made me pissed to see Ayiia laughing about it.

Timber
08-07-09, 10:37 PM
Joey would have laughed if Ayiia was sent home as well so I'm not going to hold that against her.

Who doesn't have an alarm clock? I have a hard time feeling sorry for the guy seeing as he was partying the night before and he was already on probation. I don't like that the "job" has control over who stay and who goes on the show though.

Finisher
08-07-09, 10:38 PM
All I know is if I'm living rent free in paradise getting ass by default and literally all I have to do is show up to "work" - I'm showing up to work. Get a friggin' wake up call.

I want to go to the place where Bronne is getting a Playboy model.

Red Dog
08-08-09, 12:08 AM
All I know is if I'm living rent free in paradise getting ass by default and literally all I have to do is show up to "work" - I'm showing up to work. Get a friggin' wake up call.

Yep. Joey is nothing but a douchebag. No excuse for his bullshit. Set your own alarm clock.

That being said, I've never cared for the work-portion of RW. I can't remember when they started it, but it's always been lame.

I only wonder if they edited it to make it seem like they made him fly home within hours of his final transgression. If it wasn't an edit and he had to fly home so soon, that's pretty harsh.

Joeboo835
08-13-09, 03:45 PM
Jasmine freaking out last night was one of the funniest moments in TV history.

Red Dog
08-13-09, 04:14 PM
Jasmine freaking out last night was one of the funniest moments in TV history.

She's one fucked up chick. How much does it take to get the hint that he has no interest in you? Does he have to put up a billboard spelling it out? :lol:

That being said, I think Jonna is the worst of them all with her relationship double-standards, constant teasing and flirting, and throwing the dude's obvious desire to get into her pants right in Jasmine's face. She tries to hide this uncaring/unfeeling character trait by playing innocent and nice.

And I still can't understand these idiots' problems with getting to work on time. Not one of them can set an alarm clock? Even though I hate the job aspect of Real World, it would be pretty funny if they sent them all home and replaced them.

boogieman03
08-13-09, 04:17 PM
You would think one of her roommates would tell her to move on. It's pretty f'in obvious.

JMLEWIS1
08-13-09, 05:28 PM
wtf? since when is it your employer's fault that you didn't go to bed until 4:30 and you're too stupid to figure out how to set an alarm clock?

Timber
08-13-09, 05:46 PM
I'm not a fan of the whole Student City thing this season. I don't like that they control who stays and who goes.

They've conditioned us to see these kids party but now this work nonsense is keeping them from taking advantage of that fully. I hope they get rid of the job aspect in DC.

Red Dog
08-13-09, 05:57 PM
They've conditioned us to see these kids party but now this work nonsense is keeping them from taking advantage of that fully. I hope they get rid of the job aspect in DC.

I doubt it. I assume they'll be doing some kind of bullshit political/lobbying work.

bmoney1023
08-13-09, 06:58 PM
I'm not a fan of the whole Student City thing this season. I don't like that they control who stays and who goes.

I think it's always been that way. On the Hollywood one, Greg was kicked off because he kept missing work stuff.

I don't think it's a big deal. They get to live in Cancun for a while and all they're required to do is work a laid back part-time job. I've gone out late before and still made it to my jobs on time. Plus, they're not working everyday or even every morning. There's still plenty of times to get hammered at night if they want.

Timber
08-13-09, 07:01 PM
I think it's always been that way. On the Hollywood one, Greg was kicked off because he kept missing work stuff.

I don't think it's a big deal. They get to live in Cancun for a while and all they're required to do is work a laid back part-time job. I've gone out late before and still made it to my jobs on time. Plus, they're not working everyday or even every morning. There's still plenty of times to get hammered at night if they want.

I haven't watched much in recent seasons but I remember way back in Boston Montana got fired and she stayed on. I don't like the job aspect but it's really these Student City people that are just such a downer.

Red Dog
08-13-09, 07:29 PM
The early seasons did not have a work component.

bmoney1023
08-13-09, 07:34 PM
The early seasons did not have a work component.

Right but the majority of them have. I think 5 on to the present season they've had jobs, although I don't think Brooklyn did for some reason.

Timber
08-13-09, 07:55 PM
Right but the majority of them have. I think 5 on to the present season they've had jobs, although I don't think Brooklyn did for some reason.
Yeah Brooklyn didn't and that the only one in recent memory that I've watched all the way through like this season. I know that had to do the thing for that horrible Pedro movie but I think that was it.

Michael T Hudson
08-14-09, 11:06 PM
Last week was kind of annoying when the ad for the after show let us know he was kicked off before it happened.

BDB
08-17-09, 02:11 AM
This seasons seems more like an after school special

Red Dog
08-17-09, 01:46 PM
Wash Post article from this weekend on upcoming Real World in D.C.:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/13/AR2009081304164_pf.html

Neighborhood Watch
MTV Is in the House, and Everyone Else Just Wants to Be

By Dan Zak
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, August 16, 2009

The mansion on the corner is Washington's newest monument. It's even lit like one. Accent lamps splash gold light up and down the facade, four stories of red brick and brownstone at 20th and S streets NW. People stop by, look up, cock their heads, think to themselves: There, I've seen it, and maybe, What's it mean?

Inside is MTV's "The Real World," which -- after 17 years, 22 locations and lots of cultural baggage -- finally moved in last month. The District throbs with a newfound youthful exuberance and in comes MTV, with its past-its-prime, ratings-challenged reality series.

The Washington reaction was, of course, overreaction. Dupont residents scrambled to calculate the cost to their livelihood (the noise! the lights! the street parking!). The media played whack-a-rumor (the cast is here; no, it's not; yes, it is). City officials licked their chops at the exposure (Mayor Fenty was pleased that MTV would "utilize the immense opportunities that the District's backdrop will undoubtedly provide"). The cast mates arrived the first week of July and Twitterers began to track every move ("ladies walking south on 14th" then, from another feed, "shopping at 14 and q now").

It's been a summer of hostility, curiosity and zealous indifference. What else do you expect from Washington when a mysterious neighbor moves in, when a strange monument goes up, when a moldy, superficial TV concept imposes itself where Purpose and Importance are paramount, where people specialize in gate-crashing, espionage and meddling?

Even though "Real World D.C." doesn't air until 2010, it's already revealing something real about D.C. Whether drawn to the house or stuck living next to it, people see the opportunity to define reality before MTV does.

This summer, locals have become the tourists they loathe. They amble by "The Real World" at a slower place than the regular cast at 20th and S: the UPS guy, the FedEx gal, the beat cops, the dog-walkers, the errand-runners, the Secret Safeway employees on smoke breaks.

Harry Tolson and J.R. have been sitting across the street for decades, they say, watching the intersection from its northwest corner on a low concrete wall by the Secret Safeway.

"It's exciting, watching the people go by," says Tolson, who used to live a couple of blocks away but now lives in Congress Heights in Southeast. He wears white pants smudged with soot. His fellow loiterer, J.R., who won't give his last name, is in denim cutoffs and navy socks (sneakers act as a pillow on his cardboard bed).

Stick around one place long enough, they say, and eventually you see everything. Eventually you see people jump -- like the time years ago when some guy vaulted off the 11-story Universal North Building at Florida Avenue and 20th -- and eventually you see "The Real World."

The cast mates "creep in and out of the alley, try to get away from the cameras," J.R. says, as a pair of frappuccino-clutching 20-somethings do a look/don't-look stroll-by. But there's no hiding here. Even the watchers are being watched, he notes, pointing to a security camera above him.

"Everything comes to them," says J.R., about the cast. "They live free. They eat free. Free. That is not the real world. C'mon out and see some homeless people out here. It's called survival."

The men crack open cans of Busch. Across the way, their new neighbor, a shaggy-haired "Real World" cast member reportedly named Andrew, sits on the mansion's streetside patio, in full view, almost close enough to touch. He tosses bread crumbs to pigeons from behind the wrought iron fence.

'Serenity' Now!

In July, a week since the block got "real," a young couple stoop-sits on the northeast corner of 20th and S streets. The turret windows of Adam Rosenberg and Tracy Sherman's two-story apartment face the turret windows of the "Real World" mansion.

Here's the thing, says Rosenberg, 28, a new-media manager at a nonprofit. The cast and crew haven't been a problem, per se. It's the people who gawk. There's been five times as much activity at the intersection, he says, and his dog is very sensitive to noise.

"I've not talked to a single neighbor who likes it," says Sherman, sitting on the same step, eating dinner and watching the intersection as though it were a television.

A cast member wearing sunglasses and a bandana exits the mansion. This is Josh, who is of Puerto Rican and Italian descent, according to phantom Internet sources (the Anti-"Real World" contingent refers to him as either "Rico Suave" or "Gerardo"). Josh walks across S Street toward the Safeway, sans cameras. He is soon followed by Andrew, his shaggy-haired cast mate, who's wearing what can only be described as a panda hat. In 30 seconds, six girls materialize and wait outside the Safeway, then watch the guys return home.

"They're interns," Rosenberg grumbles, snapping the tableau on his iPhone, which he posts to the Anti-Real World DC blog. "You guys are being pretty obvious," he calls to the gawkers.

Rosenberg launched the blog with friends in June, after word got out about 2000 S St. NW. At a ward meeting that month, it was "there goes the neighborhood." People worried about a loss of "serenity." They complained about being notified only weeks before shooting began, about MTV's lack of outreach.

In one of the first posts in June, Rosenberg wrote: "This is the most powerful city in the Western World and we don't need MTV's exposure. Our city is better than that."

The blog, at its July peak, attracted a remarkable 8,000-10,000 visitors per day, ribbed MTV (the production was referred to as a "plague" and the "apocalypse"), kept an eye on the intersection and the cast's whereabouts, and started a photo contest to solicit images that depict the real D.C. (submissions included shots of cherry blossoms, a homeless man sitting on a milk crate and a family of tourists wearing "I {heart} D.C." shirts staring up the Washington Monument).

Rosenberg made the local news, recycling a sound bite about not wanting to clean up the puke of drunk "Real World" stalkers. His explanation for the blog's notoriety: A partisan town has a polar nature. It likes conflict or, at least, the appearance of conflict.

"A lot of people say we're trying to stir the pot," Rosenberg says. "We don't encourage anybody to do surveillance. We do encourage people to be informed and engaged citizens."

Neighborhood Commissioner Mike Feldstein, who lives on the southeast corner of the intersection and whose windows overlook the mansion, says he has fielded no complaints from residents since MTV moved in.

A Foot in the Door?

"Waaaiiit! There it is!"

A Hyundai SUV, apparently full of gawkers, screeches to a halt at the intersection. Cameras flash. The vehicle zooms off. The month of August is 45 minutes old.

A trio of beefy security guards take their positions at the street corners. A camera crew comes into view, walking backward in front of cast mates Josh and Erika, neither of whom is drunk or trailing Fellini-esque mayhem. It's eerily silent as they vanish into the house.

At 1 a.m., a green dinged-up Toyota Camry idles into a space on 20th Street. Daniel Foster, 23, emerges and faces the house. Two women in the car turn to follow his gaze, as if they're at a drive-in theater waiting for a movie.

"We came down hoping to see a fight," says Foster, who lives in Silver Spring and runs a pizzeria in Lanham. They'd also like to get in the house. Because . . .

"I guess you'd feel like a celebrity," he says. "I just like reality shows about young people, seeing what they go through."

After 15 minutes of waiting and watching, some luck: two cast members exit the house and sit on the stoop. It's Josh and Andrew again. Foster and his friends Taylor Long and Noelle Owens, both 20, scurry across S Street to the front gate.

They say hey. Josh and Andrew say hey.

The cast mates say they like D.C., despite blowback from "a lot of haters." Then, an awkward pause. There are no cameras around. Just five people momentarily out of pleasantries. Foster asks if they ever make it up to Lanham. Josh says no, they can't really go anywhere. Foster offers to deliver some pizzas.

"Yeah, sure," Josh says. "Same time tomorrow."

The friends say goodbye and head to the car. Foster thinks maybe the pizzas are the ticket into the house.

Watchington, D.C.

They work out at Washington Sports Club on Connecticut Avenue. They eat at Lauriol Plaza. They drink at Third Edition in Georgetown and Nellie's on U Street. They swim at the Capitol Skyline. One cast member works at the Human Rights Campaign, another at the Washington Blade. They go for jogs. They go for cigarettes. They volunteer. (All this seems consistent, oddly enough, with the real life of a 20-something in D.C.)

The city has pieced together these details from Twitter, which is ablaze with sightings. When someone tweeted about the cast mates being at National Night Out last week, people went to Dupont Circle to watch them charm police officers and coo at the cute dogs of smiling residents, who happily signed release forms as a camera circled. Their world is already on record, half a year before the show airs.

Freelance writer Chris Wiggins, who lives in Northern Virginia, has 4,600 followers on his Twitter feed RealWorldDCNewz, which relies on tips provided by those inside the production and within the local community. In the absence of actual drama and cast access, Wiggins became the story. As did the Anti-Real World DC bloggers. As did Beth Ploger, a 22-year-old Woodbridge resident who makes online videos of herself stalking the cast.

The watchers became a cast of their own, sharing tips, arguing over proper sourcing, defending their actions to critics (and each other). They dealt with the strain of a hobby that turned into something more: a weird duty to inform people about an entity that hasn't done anything remotely interesting. Some might call this quintessential Washington -- to try to influence something out of one's control, to grandstand in the name of public good, to assign meaning to something that's essentially meaningless.

"People seem to be more in need of having information here, and the fact this has picked up so greatly in the District says a lot about people wanting to be in the know about things," says Wiggins, 29. "They don't have to be interested, but people see the value in knowing what's going on."

It's more than busybodiness, though. Voyeurism and exhibitionism have merged.

During the first 10 years of "The Real World," "a nation of voyeurs found a hard-core group of exhibitionists to satisfy them, but now they're two sides of the same coin," says Mark Andrejevic, a professor of communication at the University of Iowa and author of several books on reality TV. "The target generation for reality TV is also the generation that's engaged in ongoing forms of public self-disclosure at an unprecedented level." It's "self-disclosure as a form of empowerment. It's self-disclosure as self-expression."

Summer Assignments

Shortly after 10 p.m. on a Thursday, RealWorldDCNewz issues the tweet that Beth Ploger has been waiting for.

RWDC once again at Nellies at 9th and U NW.

Ploger, a waitress who recently graduated from West Virginia University with a broadcast journalism degree, drives into the city from Virginia with three friends and a tiny video camera that looks like a cellphone. She's shooting another webisode for her tart, bubble-gummy, pop-culture blog, loveelizabethany.blogspot.com. She gets 1,500 hits a day, has a guest spot on "The Kane Show" on Hot 99.5 FM, also blogs for Metromix D.C. (a nightlife site that pays $25 for photos of the cast "doing something interesting") and has both fans and haters (online comments range from "beth you're amazing!!" to "Get a life/job").

She aspires to host her own radio or TV show, and this summer's goal is personal but couched in a public-service mission: To get to know the cast, to get into the house and to give people access to the show before it's ruthlessly edited into fiction.

"I think that if she wants to get into entertainment news, this is a good way to go about that," says one of Ploger's friends, who asks to remain nameless because she is embarrassed to be along for the stalking.

They find a cast member named Mike on Nellie's rooftop, camera hovering nearby. Ploger, in a royal blue dress cinched with a polka-dot belt, approaches. He says he's not supposed to talk to her. Ploger retreats. "My heart is broken," she says plainly.

Plan B arrives via Twitter. Real world dc is at third edition right now . . .

The group hops back in the car and heads to Georgetown, as Ploger holds the camera on herself, monologuing her woe while driving through a haze of brake lights.

"I'm determined now," says Ploger's friend Tonya Peter, 23, from the back seat. "We have to talk to them. We have to get into that house. We have to show them what real life is about in D.C."

At 12:30 a.m., they're inside Third Edition, where cast member Andrew is rubbing up against a young woman to "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" in the orange glow of an MTV camera light. Ploger and friends get turned around in the sweaty crowd and lose track of him.

Plan C: Rhino Bar on M Street, where cast member Josh is mixing drinks around 1 a.m., just doing his job, with no cameras. The friends sidle up to the bar and chat. He gives Ploger a high-five. He bro-hugs her friend Lance Jackson, 24. Tonya Peter gets his e-mail address. The fourth friend (the embarrassed one) films the encounter by tucking the digital camcorder under her armpit. Four more castmates show up, say hello, see Ploger and cut their visit short. Jackson follows them out and returns with this news:

"The producers say they can't talk to her because she's a blogger," he confides, coming to a sobering conclusion. "So right now, my best shot to getting into the house is not to be associated with her at all."

The quartet finish their drinks and depart. On the way to pick up jumbo-slice pizza, Ploger worries.

"This is more about my adventure than spying, but I still have to get something," she says. "It's turned into something bigger, and I had to find a point, but people want me to be like TMZ, and I don't want to be like that." (Her family, she says, is "very worried" about the attention.)

At 2:30 a.m. they end up outside the mansion at 20th and S. Jackson and Peter venture to the streetside patio, where there are cameras. A cast member is sitting out there, crying. They watch for a bit, then retreat back across the street.

"I feel bad," Peter says. Jackson looks like he wants to leave. Ploger talks to her camera about what a crazy night it's been.

Reality Bites

Sometime in July, a sign is posted on the base of the lamppost on the northeast corner of the intersection. In simple black lettering on a plain white background, it reads, one word per line:

IN

THE

REAL

WORLD

ALL

AMERICANS

DESERVE

FULL

REPRESENTATION

IN

CONGRESS.

Slice of Life

A lone bagpiper walks north on Connecticut Avenue, the pipes droning, a small procession following him, just after midnight on a weekend -- stick around one place long enough and eventually you see everything -- as three young women chat up one of the security guards for half an hour, keeping an eye on the house. They are all 18 or 19 and from Maryland. The significance of "The Real World" is not lost on them. It spills out, breathlessly:

"It's been 23 years. . . . D.C. is a treasure. . . . They've been to New York, like, five times. . . . It's the capital. . . . It'll be a really good representation of the city. . . . I talked to the cast before and they're really down to earth."

It starts to rain, and the trio scampers off to the Metro.

The green dinged-up Toyota shows up around 1 a.m. Daniel Foster and his friend Noelle Owens have arrived with three large pizzas, as promised 24 hours earlier. A production staffer emerges from the alley beside the house. She says Josh is not expecting guests, but she accepts the garlic spinacini, pepperoni and cheese pies.

"We'll make sure he gets it," she says, walking back down the alley. Foster and Owens watch them go, their craving for access and interaction unsated. They stand under the awning on the northwest corner of the intersection, where Harry and J.R. usually sit, across the street from Anti-Real World DC headquarters. They watch the house. It's lit up and quiet and almost solemn.

"Right now it's not that big, but next year it will be," Foster says. "And to be able to say I was sitting on the couch inside, while so-and-so was making out with Julie, or whatever, and then she punched someone else and there was a fight, and whatever, I can say, 'I was there. I was right there. That was so last year.' "

The rain stops.

"The pizzas only cost $12 to make," Foster says. "Twelve dollars for the possibility of being on national television a year from now? Worth it."

"I'm thinking," says Owens, after a reflective moment, "maybe they stole our pizza."

BDB
08-27-09, 01:10 PM
Man Chris is going to be super pissed at Jonna now.

Dumps her bf for Pat, and has a threesome-

How disrespectful!!

Red Dog
08-27-09, 01:35 PM
Pat must be laughing his ass off watching this show. A rather plain-looking dude gets one girl to go crazy over him, gets another to leave her long-term boyfriend to bang him, and gets another in a 3-way (sort of). :lol:

I don't know what Emilee was getting her panties in a bunch about. If people are banging in your room does it really make a difference if it's 2 or 3? Why not just get up and leave? Regardless, she may be the most attractive, but she's just too boring for RW.

Timber
08-27-09, 03:07 PM
Ugh, Emilee really showed her ass last night. I love how she thought it was her business what Joanna did in her bed.

Broone was invisible last night.

Pat is a freaking stud. No looks and seemingly a horrible personality and he essentially had his pick of the roomates.

saoirse
08-27-09, 03:40 PM
I think from now on they need to give STD tests to all the cast and then give them another one at the end and reveal the additions to the list at the reunion show. Now that would be interesting.

sergtv
08-28-09, 12:21 AM
who was the girl that left ayiiia sp? the note on her pillow? this is a bad seaason.. only two more eps left and no replacement for joey and another roomate gets the boot from the house.. had joey not have gotten the boot i'm sure he would have had to have gone home.

now the ruins on the other hand... that looks like its gonna be a kick ass show.. the whole wes kenny storyline is gonna drama for sure.. can't wait!

Finisher
08-28-09, 04:11 AM
Pat is a freaking stud. No looks and seemingly a horrible personality and he essentially had his pick of the roomates.Apparently if you DJ, you get tail without trying. Pat is such a goofy looking no game having douche. What an indictment on the guys in the house that Pat could score at will.

This season has really been a bust. Bronne is out of the house getting no air time, Joey's gone, CJ the meathead turned into a total non entity and even the token gay is drama free.

So the entire season has basically revolved around Aiiya and Jonna whoring it up.

Rob V
08-28-09, 01:28 PM
2 episodes left?? WTF -- this season started out great but fizzled.

I agree with previous posters about dropping the whole "job" requirement. Let these db's and ho's go out, get ripped, fight, fight each other, go to jail, have sex and go home with regret.

Joey was a total dickhead, but at least he brought some watchable drama to the show.

Cancun should have been the best location yet (well, maybe next to Vegas).

Bluelitespecial
09-10-09, 01:31 PM
I kind of lost interest these last few episodes, but the finale was last night, Joey came back then fucked Aiiya. Of course "the shit they should have shown" was better than the finale. The reunion is next week, and RW/RR "The Ruins", starts September 30th.

BDB
09-10-09, 01:35 PM
I deleted the shit they should have show, as it wasn't in HD! anything good?

I still think Emilee is the hotness

Bluelitespecial
09-10-09, 01:41 PM
Bronnie and Derek's Bromance, Emilee falling down a lot, more public drunkeness, a lot of hookups that didn't make it onto tv. ^^^Record it and watch it, pretty funny stuff.

Timber
09-10-09, 01:58 PM
Emilee is the hotness but I can't get over how much of a bitch she was. She talking about everyone growing but just last week she was "tap dancing" on Bronnie's Zombie book and then got mad at him because she did it? A raving bitch.

mrpayroll
09-10-09, 02:18 PM
It will be interesting to see on the reunion show if Ayiiiah and Ryan are still together. It is one thing to forgive the person you love, but I could never go back with someone who cheated on me. And if I cheated on the person I loved, I wouldn't ask to go back with them.

She only had 4 days left before she was back with Ryan and she couldn't even make it till then.

Though I will say she looked hot in her bikini crawling on the floor on the outtakes show.

Chris

LickTheABCs
09-10-09, 02:41 PM
I love the fact that Emilee continuously called the chick with nice eyes "boy crazy" the entire time, when it turns out she slept with half of Cancun.

sergtv
09-10-09, 08:04 PM
i'm gonna miss emilee... hopefully she makes it to some of the challanges.. i was totally surprised to see her wasted and how many guys she slept with.. she's a total hottie!

Finisher
09-11-09, 01:33 AM
It will be interesting to see on the reunion show if Ayiiiah and Ryan are still together.They broke up, Aiiya's with a girl now.

Emilee is smoking hot. She just had the good sense not to broadcast her whoreishness.

BDB
09-11-09, 11:13 AM
the mostly all twitter...

That's emilee, she references the others a lot.

http://twitter.com/emileeheartsyou

boogieman03
09-11-09, 11:32 AM
All that was missing was for Joey to say that screwing Aiiya, and thus breaking her and her boyfriend up was all part of his master plan.

Still pretty funny.

Emilee is the hotness but I can't get over how much of a bitch she was. She talking about everyone growing but just last week she was "tap dancing" on Bronnie's Zombie book and then got mad at him because she did it? A raving bitch.

Agreed.

The clip show was great. Bronne is hilarious.

mrpayroll
09-11-09, 11:32 AM
They broke up, Aiiya's with a girl now.

Her parents must really be proud of her now.

I wonder who is hotter, Ayiiia or her girlfriend?

Chris

BDB
09-11-09, 11:38 AM
Is that because she likes girls chris? are you judging her?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/28930852.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1252684470&Signature=0VLNaka8PVk5%2FOIAfTm5P6JjkuE%3D

mrpayroll
09-11-09, 06:03 PM
Is that because she likes girls chris? are you judging her?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/28930852.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1252684470&Signature=0VLNaka8PVk5%2FOIAfTm5P6JjkuE%3D

Hey I love girls loving girls, but I was commenting on how she had mentioned that she couldn't face her family because of her behavior in the house. That was 3 or 4 episodes ago when she broke down crying.

Since then, she 'easily' screws Joey after a couple of drinks (Am I a little jealous? Damn right!) and now she is dating a girl. From her description of her parents views of her lifestyle in the house, they are probably not too proud of her and might not even be speaking to her these days.

Speculation on my part, but I hope those questions are asked and answered next week.

Chris