Search this Thread

Old 06-20-09, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Harper's Island -- Episode 10 -- "Snap" -- 6/20/09

Harper's Island

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

An explosion destroys the marina while the remaining wedding guests attempt to leave the island on a boat. The group flees to a secret hideaway where a surprising secret is discovered.

RIP:

Spoiler:

Ben (Trish's cousin)
Uncle Marty (Henry's Uncle)
Reverend Fain
Kelly (the outcast)
Lucy (the blonde bridesmaide)
Hunter (Trish's ex)
Joel (Henry's friend-accidental death)
Thomas (Trish's father)
Richard (Trish's brother in law)
Malcolm (Henry's friend)
JD (Henry's brother)
Cole Harkin
Deputy Garrett
Beth
Katherine (Trish's Step Mom)

Looking forward to this week.
Old 06-20-09, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Harper's Island -- Episode 10 -- "Snap" -- 6/20/09

Well, we've already seen this here in Canada and...

Spoiler:
...we finally discover who the killer is (last chance)...

Spoiler:
Wakefield! Seems that the Sheriff only shot him once and never actually found his body; he put another body in the grave. So it seems that Wakefield got away and is now exacting revenge by killing everyone on the island.

Old 06-20-09, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Flave
Well, we've already seen this here in Canada and...

Spoiler:
...we finally discover who the killer is (last chance)...

Spoiler:
Wakefield! Seems that the Sheriff only shot him once and never actually found his body; he put another body in the grave. So it seems that Wakefield got away and is now exacting revenge by killing everyone on the island.

Another great episode.

Spoiler:
Still looking for a twist and that Wakefield is working with one of the guests. I'm going with Jimmy.

LOL! at Sully kissing the girl
Old 06-20-09, 12:31 PM

I have already saw it also, great episode!!

Spoiler:
I don't think Wakefield is the killer or at least not the killer of anyone but the sheriff and if he is I will be pissed because that would be a major cop out. I'll also be annoyed if they go with the two killer thing, because it has always been put forward as 25 people 1 killer among them..ack It would be cool if the last episode was a recap where they take us through all the previous episodes and point out all the clues etc.
Old 06-20-09, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Johnny Fever
Spoiler:
Still looking for a twist and that Wakefield is working with one of the guests. I'm going with Jimmy.
Spoiler:
The same thought occurred to me. Given the pattern of the murders, I doubt that one person had the opportunity to commit them all. And I think the fact that Jimmy is the only person that's been spared is a big clue.
Old 06-20-09, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoiler:
Damn Canadians
Old 06-20-09, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Flave
Spoiler:
The same thought occurred to me. Given the pattern of the murders, I doubt that one person had the opportunity to commit them all. And I think the fact that Jimmy is the only person that's been spared is a big clue.
Spoiler:
Since we didn't actually see Jimmy in the boat when it exploded I figured that he would come back in the final episodes as some big reveal. I just didn't think it would happen in the same episode. Plus when the cops were talking about how the bride's father died, they were referring to the killer's weapon as something a fisherman would use. Since Jimmy is a fisherman, I thought it was some type of clue pointing to him as the killer is. Plus there were a few other kills with weapons used by a fisherman. I still think that Wakefield has to be working with someone since the last few kills implied that the victim new the killer.

I hope the Brit makes it.

Originally Posted by NORML54601
Spoiler:
Damn Canadians
Spoiler:
Old 06-20-09, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NORML54601
Damn Canadians
LOL - hey, allow us to savour the rare occasion when we get to see something before you guys do.
Old 06-20-09, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Johnny Fever
Spoiler:
Plus when the cops were talking about how the bride's father died, they were referring to the killer's weapon as something a fisherman would use.[...snip...] I still think that Wakefield has to be working with someone since the last few kills implied that the victim knew the killer.
Spoiler:
Yeah, I think they said it was a tool used to chop the heads off whales. On these little islands, all residents probably have something to do with fishing. But the fact that Jimmy seems to be the last resident alive definitely points to him.

And exactly, the step-mother definitely was in a pretty relaxed position when she died. If she had seen Wakefield, she wouldn't have just sat there while he stabbed her through the back of the armchair.
Old 06-20-09, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gotta say I agree with all the speculation concerning the "comeback kid" tonight. Seems to be following the pattern of 10 Little Indians. A fake out death to help conceal the true ID of the killer.

Doug
Old 06-21-09, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

The other killer can only be one of Jimmy, Henry, and Shane. I think the other killer has to be Henry, with Henry being Wakefield's child. Jimmy would be too obvious. I think it will be revealed that Henry wanted to have the wedding on the island because that is the only way he could get Abby to come back.
Old 06-21-09, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
The other killer can only be one of Jimmy, Henry, and Shane. I think the other killer has to be Henry, with Henry being Wakefield's child. Jimmy would be too obvious. I think it will be revealed that Henry wanted to have the wedding on the island because that is the only way he could get Abby to come back.
That fits. I definately think Jimmy is too obvious.
Old 06-21-09, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Old 06-21-09, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Interesting ideas. I really hope it's not Henry. I've grown to like his character.
Old 06-21-09, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

There have been conflicting clues as to who the second killer is. Wakefield has to be one killer b/c of the timeline.

I think if you go back to last week's Beth killing it really narrows the suspects. As freaked out as she was (thus no wandering off alone) it can't be Wakefield, and it HAS to be someone she trusted absolutely. From what we've seen that limits it pretty much to the two groomsman, Henry, Trish, and Chloe.

As for poor Cal...

Spoiler:
it was good to see him in the preview though how he could get around that well is a mystery. I figure either he and Chloe and live or they die together
Old 06-21-09, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't Henry get shot in the beginning? I thought he took a bullet then I didn't remember them mentioning it the rest of the episode. I totally forgot about it until after I watched the episode.

Where did all the locals go? They are acting like the wedding party are the only people left on the island, but earlier in the season, they showed that the island had stores and bars filled with people.
Old 06-21-09, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Very good show! Is it just me or was the Bartender lady (can't remember her name) acting a little weird? The looks she was giving people really looked like she despised them or had something against them.
Old 06-21-09, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Where did all the locals go? They are acting like the wedding party are the only people left on the island, but earlier in the season, they showed that the island had stores and bars filled with people.

I was thinking the same exact thing.
Old 06-21-09, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Didn't Henry get shot in the beginning? I thought he took a bullet then I didn't remember them mentioning it the rest of the episode. I totally forgot about it until after I watched the episode.

J: I was thinking the same thing.

I kind of wish Trish's sister would get the boot. She gets on my nerves. They need a real shocking death to ramp things up: Trish, her sister, or Henry would be good....although Henry may be the second killer.
Old 06-21-09, 07:55 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I think it's the black guy.
Old 06-21-09, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HotThang
Very good show! Is it just me or was the Bartender lady (can't remember her name) acting a little weird? The looks she was giving people really looked like she despised them or had something against them.
I noticed that and though maybe it was because the way most of them were treating Abbie like she has the plague.
Old 06-21-09, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
J: I was thinking the same thing.

I kind of wish Trish's sister would get the boot. She gets on my nerves. They need a real shocking death to ramp things up: Trish, her sister, or Henry would be good....although Henry may be the second killer.
I think Jimmy would have qualified as shocking if they had actually killed him this early, but they did that in such a way that I never for a second thought he was dead. I'm not sure if the sister would be shocking. Having the guts to kill Madison would surprise me.
Old 06-21-09, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
I think it's the black guy.

sorry, had to do it!
Old 06-22-09, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Very entertaining episode.

Sad to see the Sheriff go. I thought Jim Beaver did a great job on this show. I guess we can look for him again as Bobby on Supernatural in the Fall.

I am really interested in seeing who Wakefield's co-conspirator is. If they really want to shock the audience, I think Henry would be a cool twist.

I agree with Jadzia, where the hell did the rest of the residents of Harper's Island go? They are really making it seem like their group are the only ones left on the island.

BTW, I hate Trish's niece. That little girl has to go.
Old 06-22-09, 05:50 AM

Decent show. Signs point to Jimmy so it won't be him, it'll be the groom. Meh.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.