DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Zombieland---Woody Harrelson

Paul1957
06-19-09, 09:57 AM
Columbia Pictures' horror comedy Zombieland focuses on two men who have found a way to survive a world overrun by zombies. Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) is a big wuss - but when you're afraid of being eaten by zombies, fear can keep you alive. Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson) is an AK-totin', zombie-slayin' badass whose single determination is to get the last Twinkie on earth. As they join forces with Wichita (Emma Stone) and Little Rock (Abigail Breslin), who have also found unique ways to survive the zombie mayhem, they will have to determine which is worse: relying on each other or succumbing

<object width="450" height="267"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/11787"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/11787" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="267"></embed></object>

riotinmyskull
06-19-09, 09:58 AM
looks fun but i'm not expecting anything on the level of SHAUN OF THE DEAD. emma stone is fucking hot.

StephenX
06-19-09, 10:21 AM
There are not enough Woody Harrelson movies.

There are not enough good Zombie movies.

Hopefully this will satisfy my hunger for both. It looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Geofferson
06-19-09, 10:29 AM
Might be decent. Best part of the trailer for me though was the music selection.

RagingBull80
06-19-09, 01:31 PM
It looks like fun.

Giantrobo
06-19-09, 01:52 PM
I'll check it out.

NORML54601
06-19-09, 02:05 PM
Hard to believe Harrelson would be ambitious enough to kill any zombies outside his grow room.

dino88
06-19-09, 02:39 PM
Might be decent. Best part of the trailer for me though was the music selection.

LOL, I felt the complete opposite. I thought the music ruined the trailer.

This might be the first zombie movie to be almost entirely shot in slow motion? I counted 8 slo-mo shots in just the trailer.

Zen Peckinpah
06-19-09, 02:44 PM
Mickey Knox vs. the Zombie Apocalypse looks quite awesome, good to see that a decent zombie movie let alone with Woody Harrelson is being made.

islandclaws
06-19-09, 03:40 PM
Looks like it could be fun, but I hate that title.

Supermallet
06-19-09, 03:46 PM
Looks like Shaun of the Dead lite; but still it could be fun. I'm getting a little sick of the endless parade of zombie movies being churned out, though. There are other monsters to make movies out of aside from zombies and vampires.

kstublen
06-19-09, 03:51 PM
Yeah the title sucks. Looking forward to it though; Woody Harrelson is always a lot of fun to watch.

I died when Jesse Eisenberg asked the rest of 'em if they wanted some Purell after tossing the corpse.

chris_sc77
06-19-09, 04:54 PM
i too think it looks like tremendous fun.

Troy Stiffler
06-19-09, 09:33 PM
Looks excellent.

It actually kind of reminds me of the end of Night of the Living Dead. Only those guys were made out to look like the bad guys (the 'we're all the same' theme). This movie makes it look more like they're just having a good time killin' zombies.

Man, I wish zombies emerged. It looks like so much fun!

SPRBD
06-20-09, 03:02 AM
Trailer made the movie look really fun!

Matthew Chmiel
06-20-09, 03:22 AM
Just watching the trailer made me wish they made a film based off Left 4 Dead instead. I'm looking at you scene that takes place in the grocery store.

Matthew Chmiel
06-20-09, 10:57 AM
"Scream" had a shot, but ruined it with some fairly bad/predictable sequels.
Scream and Scream 2 are great.

Scream 3 on the other hand...

GoldenJCJ
06-20-09, 11:10 AM
Looks like it could be fun, but I hate that title.
Once I saw Jesse Eisenberg and an amusement park I just assumed it was a post-apocalyptic sequel to Adventureland

Sean O'Hara
06-20-09, 11:38 AM
When I saw Jesse Eisenberg I thought, "Cool, Michael Cera. I hope he gets eaten by zombies and then Woody blows his head off with a shot gun!"

Deftones
06-20-09, 12:58 PM
Hopefully Woody Harrelson doesn't go around punching any more photographers thinking they are zombies...

Paul1957
08-05-09, 03:21 PM
Red Band Trailer (NSFW)

<object width="450" height="251"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/13016"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/13016" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="251"></embed></object>

rexinnih
08-05-09, 04:01 PM
Thank you. Rental, beer+zombieland = a pretty good time I'm thinkin'.

Matthew Chmiel
08-05-09, 07:46 PM
:thumbsup: Much better than the trailer that debuted before Year One.

I'm now excited for this movie.

My Other Self
08-05-09, 07:49 PM
I saw the trailer for it before Funny People and loved it. Can't wait.

chris_sc77
08-05-09, 10:38 PM
^I wish i got this trailer on Funny People. I got CHildrens junk for some reason like Christmas Carol and some shit called Despicable Me.
I dunno for the life of me why they placed trailers for animated kids movies on an R-rated live action film.
Oh well i thing this Zombieland looks fun. Hopefully it'll bring some life back to the Zombie genre.

My Other Self
08-05-09, 10:51 PM
Really? I actually second-guessed what theater I was in before the film started because I got nothing but trailers for gritty R-rated films. Didn't really mesh with the audience going in for what they thought was a hard-R comedy. I thought I had walked in to Orphan or The Collector by mistake.

Supermallet
08-05-09, 10:55 PM
Mine had Despicable Me but not Christmas Carol.

RagingBull80
08-05-09, 11:37 PM
This really looks like a fucking blast. That new trailer is full of awesome gore.

Oh and Jesse Eisenberg = poor mans Michael Cera.

Matthew Chmiel
08-06-09, 12:52 AM
This was established with the release of Adventureland. ;)

asianxcore
08-06-09, 03:47 AM
Movie looks fun. Can't wait to see it.

riotinmyskull
08-06-09, 09:38 AM

technically it should be the other way around.

Larry C.
08-16-09, 12:56 AM
Man where have I been just saw this trailer tonight. I love Zombie anything and I can't wait to see this looks like great fun.

Rainet
08-16-09, 04:54 AM
Looks great!!:duel:

mndtrp
08-16-09, 09:54 PM
Looks like a lot of fun, and it seems perfect having Woody in the role.

Raul3
08-17-09, 02:32 PM
Saw the trailer previous to D9. It looks really great!

Superman07
09-01-09, 09:42 PM
Just watching the trailer made me wish they made a film based off Left 4 Dead instead. I'm looking at you scene that takes place in the grocery store.

Just watched the trailer. Too true on the grocery store part! :lol:

I cannot believe how much this screams L4D. Maybe they could rename it L4D - Zombieland with a tag line of "They're in for the worst ride of their life".

JAYARE
09-16-09, 11:16 PM
just got back from a pre screening. this was a great movie!

writer106
09-17-09, 12:00 AM
This movies looks good. I love the part in the trailer about best zombie kill of the week.

doctorthodt
09-17-09, 12:51 AM
Best. Bill Murray cameo. EVER. In fact I think this movie wins the award for best celebrity cameo of all time. No exaggeration.

On a purely visceral level this was the most enjoyment I've had with a movie in a really long while. As a comedy it's probably the funniest I've seen all year. Be forewarned though, it's pretty crude at times. The Bill Murray section was hilarious but also rather twisted, and the movie is peppered with random obscenities like Woody Harrelson lamenting the death of his infant son and saying "I haven't cried like that since Titanic" as he wipes his eyes with a wad of hundred-dollar bills. Most people here shouldn't have an issue with that type of humor but I'm sure more than a few folks will not appreciate the sheer viciousness of it.

If you're the type of person who gets hung up on logic, try to shut that section of your brain off. As a zombie survival story it doesn't hold up to the barest of scrutiny at all, and the stupidity of the main characters can be grating if you're thinking critically while you watch. The worst bit is when the girls power up the theme park. The idiocy of it is mind-boggling, but this is predominately a comedy so the many logical discrepancies aren't too difficult to overlook.

Basically just know what you're getting yourself into. This is a very mean-spirited comedy about a boy trying to come to terms with his identity crisis in the wake of the zombie apocalypse, and I loved it.

Nicholas Vargo
09-17-09, 03:01 AM
Best. Bill Murray cameo. EVER. In fact I think this movie wins the award for best celebrity cameo of all time. No exaggeration.

On a purely visceral level this was the most enjoyment I've had with a movie in a really long while. As a comedy it's probably the funniest I've seen all year. Be forewarned though, it's pretty crude at times. The Bill Murray section was hilarious but also rather twisted, and the movie is peppered with random obscenities like Woody Harrelson lamenting the death of his infant son and saying "I haven't cried like that since Titanic" as he wipes his eyes with a wad of hundred-dollar bills. Most people here shouldn't have an issue with that type of humor but I'm sure more than a few folks will not appreciate the sheer viciousness of it.

If you're the type of person who gets hung up on logic, try to shut that section of your brain off. As a zombie survival story it doesn't hold up to the barest of scrutiny at all, and the stupidity of the main characters can be grating if you're thinking critically while you watch. The worst bit is when the girls power up the theme park. The idiocy of it is mind-boggling, but this is predominately a comedy so the many logical discrepancies aren't too difficult to overlook.

Basically just know what you're getting yourself into. This is a very mean-spirited comedy about a boy trying to come to terms with his identity crisis in the wake of the zombie apocalypse, and I loved it.

I just had to look at your spoilers. Big mistake! I'm going to see the movie tomorrow night and you now have me pumped for it even more now thanks to me revealing those spoilers.

Charlie Goose
09-17-09, 08:41 AM
I'm not a huge fan of mixing horror & slapstick, but this looks pretty good. And I never realized how much I like Woody.

Hank1215
09-18-09, 01:25 AM
Saw this tonight for a free preview. As stated, the cameo scene, and what happens during it, is worth the price of admission. That scene made me go to the bathroom after the film to make sure there was no poop in my underwear because of how hard I laughed at it!

Nicholas Vargo
09-18-09, 06:24 AM
Saw this tonight for a free preview. As stated, the cameo scene, and what happens during it, is worth the price of admission. That scene made me go to the bathroom after the film to make sure there was no poop in my underwear because of how hard I laughed at it!

Saw this tonight as well at Arizona Mills in Tempe, AZ and I just thought it was laugh-out-loud funny. That cameo sequence is the best cameo I've seen in a movie since Tropic Thunder. And more importantly, it was executed absolutely perfect.

Also I think Jesse Eisenberg, with this and Adventureland, he is breaking through now big time.

I also loved Woody Harrelson's quest for that certain food that is perfectly delicious as well. So much to love.

Only one thing I hated: the film is only 88 minutes long. I would've loved 10 more minutes. It was over too quick.

However, anyone who does see the movie either in a theater or at home needs to watch the film past the end credits for a really funny surprise with this film's cameo.

PopcornBandit
09-21-09, 10:31 PM
I am so freaking hyped for this movie!

Giantrobo
09-21-09, 11:04 PM
No kidding. I can't wait.

EdTheRipper
09-21-09, 11:27 PM
This will more than likely be the next movie I catch at the theater.

chris_sc77
09-22-09, 11:43 AM
88 Minutes?
too short. Will wait for dvd. Shame too I wanted to see this in theaters

slop101
09-22-09, 12:01 PM
Too bad they didn't go with the zombie-Patrick Swayze cameo they had planned.

From the writers:
"It was [going to be] a Patrick Swayze zombie. They got attacked by him zombified and we had these wonderful moments where they found a potter's wheel and there's Columbus [Jesse Eisenberg] on the wheel and these other hands come up behind him [a la Ghost] and it's Patrick Swayze the zombie. Ultimately, they fight and Patrick bull rushes Tallahassee [Woody Harrelson] who grabs him and lifts him into the air, a la Jennifer Grey, and smashes him into a pillar."

I think there may have been a throat-rip in there too, a la Roadhouse.

achau9598
09-22-09, 12:44 PM
88 Minutes?

what a surprise

Draven
09-22-09, 01:48 PM
88 Minutes?

Yeah, I'd hate to see a good movie in a theater too.

Solid Snake
09-22-09, 01:54 PM
88 Minutes?

You do understand that you're like a running joke on here right?

xraybies
09-22-09, 03:46 PM
88 Minutes?

I'm going to see it twice and buy 2 copies of the Blu-Ray.

slop101
09-22-09, 03:52 PM
88 Minutes?
too short. Will wait for dvd. Shame too I wanted to see this in theatersThat won't work for you as it's going to be a blu-ray exclusive.

Superman07
09-22-09, 04:53 PM
That won't work for you as it's going to be a blu-ray exclusive.

Well at least it passed the R litmus test for Chris. :(

Numanoid
09-22-09, 05:13 PM
You do understand that you're like a running joke on here right?If you people would stop commenting on his posts every fucking time, he'd most likely stop.

sauce07
09-22-09, 05:19 PM
If you people would stop commenting on his posts every fucking time, he'd most likely stop.

But it's too much fun (and no he wont stop)

riotinmyskull
09-22-09, 05:26 PM
another thread now dedicated to chris_sc77, this guy is worse than kanye.

Solid Snake
09-22-09, 06:51 PM
another thread now dedicated to chris_sc77, this guy is worse than kanye.

Damn..that's fucking harsh. Somebody make a webstrip about that now...and I think he may leave.

Mazje
09-22-09, 09:58 PM
People comment on his posts because they're stupid, childish, and easy to mock. He obviously has no interest in movies, and gauges his enjoyment on how "eXXXtreme!!!!!" things are (7 hours! NC-17! GREATEST. MOVIE. EVER.) He's like art, or baracine or any of the other one-joke posters that have come to dvdtalk over the years. I love reading this site, even though I post something like an average of once every six months. However, I hate to see discussions about things I'm interested in get derailed my people who obviously have no actual interest in movies, no actual taste in movies, and no actual reason for posting. Believe me, if he ever said anything "ban-worthy" I'd report him to a mod just to free up dvdtalk's servers of his non-posts. But unfortunately, that hasn't happened, even though he's as bad as any spammer or studio troll. Putting him on ignore doesn't do any good either, because then I still get the posts after his talking about stupid his posts are. And to reiterate what Solid Snake PAC said, yes, Chris, you are a running joke. No one here respects your opinion, and all you do is aggravate and, I suppose, to a certain degree, amuse. You add nothing to discussions. Your "reasoning" invalidates your "opinions" on movies.

Having said that, I can't wait to see this movie. I think the zombie genre has been pretty much been done to death (no pun intended), but this seems like an original and fun take on things.

Dr. DVD
09-22-09, 10:02 PM
I'm in for this one.

Nicholas Vargo
09-23-09, 04:42 AM
88 Minutes?

It might be too short, but I suggest seeing it in a theater. It's that good of a time at the movies. By not seeing it, you're missing out on one of the best times you'll have in a theater this year.

Dr. DVD
09-23-09, 09:47 AM
Mickey Knox vs. the Zombie Apocalypse looks quite awesome, good to see that a decent zombie movie let alone with Woody Harrelson is being made.

When I first saw the trailer, that's exactly what I thought; definitely a recipe for bloody fun.

UncleGramps
09-23-09, 04:43 PM
The trailer sold me. If 88 minutes is too short for you, just watch it twice and pretend that the first viewing is a very long flashback from the second viewing.

unskilledgymrat
09-23-09, 04:49 PM
I actually want to go see this one in the theater. :)

maingon
09-23-09, 10:20 PM
Cant wait for this one, I love Zombies and this looks great

writer106
09-23-09, 11:25 PM
It looks like it will be a fun movie to watch in theaters.

Nicholas Vargo
09-24-09, 02:17 AM
And remember everyone, it has possibly the best cameo ever seen in a movie. Can't say much more than that except make sure you stay all the way through the end credits.

LiquidSky
09-24-09, 08:40 AM
And remember everyone, it has possibly the best cameo ever seen in a movie. Can't say much more than that except make sure you stay all the way through the end credits.

Thanks for the head's up! :)

krampster
09-24-09, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the info on the cameo appearance--a huge fan and will now see the movie just for the cameo.

Meglos
09-24-09, 02:51 PM
88 Minutes?

Damn..that's fucking harsh. Somebody make a webstrip about that now...and I think he may leave.

Okay. Retroactively fixed.

88 Minutes?
Yo, Zombieland, I'm real happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but Dawn of the Dead had one of the best running times of all time.

DVDMagic
09-27-09, 12:52 PM
Won a free pass at work the other night for 2 people to a sneak preview on Wednesday night for this movie. Had planned to see it anyway, so was pleased to get that.

dsa_shea
09-27-09, 01:05 PM
I'll be there to watch this one 88 minutes or not. Do we need a 3 hour epic titled Zombieland?

OldBoy
09-27-09, 01:06 PM
People comment on his posts because they're stupid, childish, and easy to mock. He obviously has no interest in movies, and gauges his enjoyment on how "eXXXtreme!!!!!" things are (7 hours! NC-17! GREATEST. MOVIE. EVER.) He's like art, or baracine or any of the other one-joke posters that have come to dvdtalk over the years. I love reading this site, even though I post something like an average of once every six months. However, I hate to see discussions about things I'm interested in get derailed my people who obviously have no actual interest in movies, no actual taste in movies, and no actual reason for posting. Believe me, if he ever said anything "ban-worthy" I'd report him to a mod just to free up dvdtalk's servers of his non-posts. But unfortunately, that hasn't happened, even though he's as bad as any spammer or studio troll. Putting him on ignore doesn't do any good either, because then I still get the posts after his talking about stupid his posts are. And to reiterate what Solid Snake PAC said, yes, Chris, you are a running joke. No one here respects your opinion, and all you do is aggravate and, I suppose, to a certain degree, amuse. You add nothing to discussions. Your "reasoning" invalidates your "opinions" on movies.

Having said that, I can't wait to see this movie. I think the zombie genre has been pretty much been done to death (no pun intended), but this seems like an original and fun take on things.

nominated for post fo the year!!!

ezln94
09-27-09, 03:39 PM
wasnt really interested at first, but the trailer has convinced me.

OldBoy
09-28-09, 02:53 PM
6 for 6 Fresh (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zombieland/)

Giles
09-28-09, 02:59 PM
88 minutes! guess there'll be a mandatory thirty minutes of trailers before the film.

Giantrobo
09-28-09, 03:48 PM
The writers were on Kevin and Bean this morning here in LA. They said it was originally written as a TV pilot and CBS picked it up then lost interest. Then they were asked to write it as a Miniseries and someone liked it so much they took it to be made into this film.

I thought that was interesting.

Sessa17
09-28-09, 04:44 PM
Woody is one of my least favorite actors ever, but I can get past that for this movie. I can't wait for Friday to get here already so I can see it. Simod Pegg loved the movie (for what little that may be of worth to anyone).

OldBoy
09-28-09, 05:07 PM
^ this did always sound like a second coming of "Shaun" so why not. there aren't enough good hor-com's.

GreenEggs248
09-29-09, 04:54 PM
We have tickets to the advance screening in Dallas Wednesday. But you have to be dressed as a Zombie and participate in a ZombieWalk to the theater to receive the tickets.

www.zombielandzombiewalks.com

If anyone else is interested. If you are going to be there let us know. Would like to meet some fellow DVDtalkers.

The Infidel
09-29-09, 07:59 PM
wasnt really interested at first, but the trailer has convinced me.
Emma Stone convinced me.

gbunny
09-29-09, 10:15 PM
I think Woody Harrelson is underrated and agree we definitely need to see more of him.

Dr. DVD
09-29-09, 10:19 PM
Man, I went over to IMDB to see what else this director had done, and glanced down at the bottom where they have discussion threads. Apparently they don't see keeping spoilers secret as sacred as we do here; I think the cameo at the end was ruined. I mean they put it in as the TITLE of the dang thread! I'll pretend I never saw it, but man, that would have been great to not see coming. :(

Solid Snake
09-29-09, 10:28 PM
This is why I don't go to any site but DVDtalk. At least we can sarcastic and still be respectful to spoilers.

Dr. DVD
09-29-09, 10:33 PM
This is why I don't go to any site but DVDtalk. At least we can sarcastic and still be respectful to spoilers.

Heck, at least we're civil. Over there they resort to name calling and flaming and nobody does jack about it.

Edison
09-30-09, 12:44 PM
Saw a sneak of this last night and it was excellent! I enjoyed it so much there is another sneak Thursday I will attend (I didn't see the post about staying through the credits until today...).

dcprules
10-01-09, 01:45 AM
Avoid Ebert's review if you don't want to know about the surprise cameo. Just read his review and he talks quite a bit about it. Gave it ***

Cardsfan111
10-01-09, 01:51 AM
Thought I'd let folks know here that I found "movie cash" for this film (up to $7.50) on Hostel 2 at Wal-mart earlier tonight. I was interested in checking Zombieland out so I picked up the DVD at only $5.

old-boo-radley
10-01-09, 01:51 AM
I can't wait to see this flick. I guess I don't want to know about the surprise cameo, but can anyone tell me if it's pretty important and cool without spoiling much?

Nicholas Vargo
10-01-09, 03:24 AM
I can't wait to see this flick. I guess I don't want to know about the surprise cameo, but can anyone tell me if it's pretty important and cool without spoiling much?

It's hysterical. It involves a trip to his mansion and that's all I will say. Oh yeah, and he looks like a zombie too (and that's giving almost nothing away, BTW) :)

achau9598
10-01-09, 07:09 AM
It was also mentioned earlier in this thread to stay after the credits for more involving this cameo. I figured it was worth repeating.

chris_sc77
10-01-09, 05:54 PM
Got my free tickets today. Very cool cause I really wanna see this and wont pay for it cause of the very short running time.
Movie looks very fun though. Going to see it tomorrow.

islandclaws
10-01-09, 06:07 PM
Got my free tickets today. Very cool cause I really wanna see this and wont pay for it cause of the very short running time.

I know I'm not supposed to find logic in your posts... but why do you want to see this film, yet not support it by paying for a ticket? If a short runtime turns you off, then why even bother seeing it in the first place?

mdc3000
10-01-09, 06:55 PM
I have been avoiding all Zombieland stuff since I heard there was a cool cameo in the movie.... then today someone's facebook status spoiled the cameo :( Still looking forward to the movie and the cameo does sound pretty awesome.

filmerp
10-01-09, 06:55 PM
It's hysterical. It involves a trip to his mansion and that's all I will say. Oh yeah, and he looks like a zombie too (and that's giving almost nothing away, BTW) :)

I'm guessing Hugh Hefner, and I shouldn't have read this thread...

JumpCutz
10-01-09, 08:18 PM
I'm guessing Hugh Hefner, and I shouldn't have read this thread...

No.

JCWBobC
10-02-09, 12:03 AM
Woody Harrelson is on Letterman in a few minutes in case anyone is on and watching TV.

Bob

William Fuld
10-02-09, 12:25 AM
And Letterman spoiled the cameo. Nice job, you old perv.

JCWBobC
10-02-09, 12:27 AM
I can't believe he did that. Maybe no one told him it was a secret.

BJacks
10-02-09, 01:28 AM
I saw this last night -- and I know I seem to be square in the minority -- but I left the theater very underwhelmed. I suppose I had high expectations because everyone was saying how funny this was -- but apart from a few moments here and there, I really didn't laugh that much. And the rest of the theater seemed to be in my corner.

The film came off like a classic case of trying too hard, like a hipster version of a zombie comedy. Eisenberg's character was likable enough, but they didn't play up his neurosis enough to make him particularly memorable. Harrelson was the stand-out for me...whenever he was on-screen I couldn't take my eyes off him. He was the most entertaining part IMO. I wish the entire film was about him.

Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin just...existed. I picked up only the faintest whiff of characterization from them and no sisterly bond at all between the two.

The big cameo had its moments but the entire scene felt forced to me, like "We've got this guy, so let's shove this into the movie." The picture essentially stops while he does his thing, and then it resumes where it left off.

It's all well and good and it apparently has its rah-rah supporters, but color me "eh."

Tarantino
10-03-09, 12:43 AM

Its official...someone's finally made my ignore list.

sirbrady
10-03-09, 07:26 AM
It was also mentioned earlier in this thread to stay after the credits for more involving this cameo. I figured it was worth repeating.

Oh man, I walked out as the credits started. Should have read this thread.

kaycee
09-07-10, 05:04 PM
I enjoyed this one. The whole horror/comedy fusion is a tricky one to nail, and these guys did it well. And yes, it's usually a tricky blending to get across right in a trailer, in which case I usually just decide to watch the film and make up my own mind.

I also agree we could use more Woody in the world.

TGM
09-07-10, 05:45 PM
I also agree we could use more Woody in the world.

zzzzzzzzzip! turn around.

Match
10-20-11, 12:37 AM
Fox, SPT Developing 'Zombieland' Comedy Series

The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Fox and SPT are in development on a half-hour comedy version of the 2009 feature from producer Gavin Polone, as first reported by Vulture.
The project would be written by feature scribes Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick and produced through feature distributor Columbia's sibling unit, Sony Pictures Television with an eye on putting the project into development for the 2012-13 broadcast season. The feature film grossed $75.6 million, with a sequel in the works for next year. A potential TV series, Polone told the site, would replace a big-screen follow-up.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-spt-developing-zombieland-comedy-249487

I was hoping to see a sequel to the movie.

JumpCutz
10-20-11, 02:55 AM
Predictable....(sigh). Yawn. Indifference.

Xander
10-20-11, 08:58 AM
On FOX? Boo. I'd rather see a movie sequel.