Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : What "side" movie would you like to see?

SmackDaddy
06-18-09, 08:41 AM
Ever watched a movie that had some interesting character(s) that has a a few scenes early in a movie, then he/she either goes of to do something or the main character moves on and then they appear later on in the movie.

Ever think...what have they been up to? I always wished they would film their adventures and have them as short features on the dvd/video releases.

Pulp Fiction comes closest to actually doing this within a film (Go also does it). You join all these stories in progress, then the movie goes back and shows you what they were doing before they got there.

So, what characters off screen adventures would you like to have seen?

Giles
06-18-09, 09:01 AM
Lock, Stock and two Smoking Barrels.

MrSmearkase
06-18-09, 09:42 AM
It's funny, because the wife and I were watching Big last night, and I said that Tom Hanks's mother in the story could be the focus of a total other, dramatic movie.

Think about it... She's just vacuuming away, and all of a sudden a strange man enters her house, saying that he's her son, and he's wearing his underwear. After being run out of the house, she gets a call from Hanks weeks later saying her son is okay, but she can't see him yet. Finally, after being gone for months, her son walks back into the house wearing a suit 3 sizes too large.

The woman must've gone crazy over those months, right?

Ash Ketchum
06-18-09, 09:54 AM
I just watched GUNFIGHT AT THE O.K. CORRAL the other night (for the umpteenth time) and at one point in the Dodge City section, Bat Masterson (Kenneth Tobey) had to leave town to go chase Indians and he takes all of Wyatt Earp's deputies but one, leaving Wyatt (Burt Lancaster) and Charlie Bassett (Earl Holliman) woefully undermanned when Shanghai Pierce (Ted de Corsia) and his cowboys come roaring into town to cause trouble. Bat never shows up again in the movie.

I would love to have seen Bat Masterson's adventures. In real life, he was a combatant at the Battle of Adobe Walls in Texas in 1874, in which a small number of men held off an attacking force of about 700 Indian warriors (Comanche, Cheyenne, Kiowa) until reinforcements arrived. Here's a link to the story:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Adobe_Walls
That battle would have made a great movie. I don't know why no one ever did it. There were a few movies about Bat Masterson (e.g., TRAIL STREET, MASTERSON OF TEXAS, GUNFIGHT AT DODGE CITY) and a popular late '50s TV series, "Bat Masterson," starring Gene Barry, that I used to see as a kid, but I don't believe any movie was ever made about the Battle of Adobe Walls.

PopcornTreeCt
06-18-09, 10:22 AM
Quint in Jaws

islandclaws
06-18-09, 12:11 PM
The Norweigan camp's story from The Thing.

MrSmearkase
06-18-09, 12:22 PM

I think this is the idea for the prequel, the status of which I don't remember.

Groucho
06-18-09, 12:25 PM
Hamlet's two buddies, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.

Giantrobo
06-18-09, 12:36 PM
Off the top:

1. The story behind Grand Moff Tarkin and the officers around him
2. The Minutemen (Watchmen)

inri222
06-18-09, 12:40 PM
The big black guy in the cowboy hat & jockstrap that slaps the shit out of Al Pacino in Cruising.

RagingBull80
06-18-09, 12:43 PM
Quint in Jaws
Good call.

Floyd from True Romance.

Groucho
06-18-09, 12:44 PM
Dr. Jekyll's maid.

MBoyd
06-18-09, 01:15 PM
I'd love to see a Jeffery Wright Felix Leiter film.

devilshalo
06-18-09, 01:23 PM
Biggs Darklighter.

riley_dude
06-18-09, 01:26 PM
Heather Mooney in Romy and Michelle's High School reunion.

Mondo Kane
06-18-09, 01:40 PM
The Gimp

hasslein
06-18-09, 01:40 PM
Landon (astronaut that was captured and given a lobotomy) in Planet of the Apes.

Fist of Doom
06-18-09, 02:12 PM
The Life Aquatic with Alistair Hennessey

chris_sc77
06-18-09, 05:34 PM
Son of Seabiscuit

milo bloom
06-18-09, 07:58 PM
Off the top:

1. The story behind Grand Moff Tarkin and the officers around him

Biggs Darklighter.

I love to see how people are still intrigued by the slightest things in the Star Wars movies, despite all the flack people give Lucas for his writing.

And to show I mean that in a friendly way: I would truly and honestly love to see a Discovery Channel-style documentary on the scouting and construction of Echo Base on Hoth.

Apone
06-18-09, 08:23 PM
Jim Hopper in Predator.

Living Deadpan
06-18-09, 08:46 PM
I'd like to see the movie where the characters of Peter Stormare & Steve Buscemi from Fargo spend 90 minutes driving around looking for a pancakes house. ("pancakes" typo deliberate)

"I got shot in the fucking face, and you want more fucking pancakes?"
"I'm fucking hungry now you know!"
"You see this?! I got fucking shot! I got shot in the fucking face! I'm taking the fucking pancake."
"We split that."
"How the hell do you split a pancake, you fucking dummy? With a fucking chainsaw?"

Rockmjd23
06-18-09, 08:58 PM
Piggy: The Story of Jek Porkins

Rubix
06-19-09, 04:31 AM
i'd love to see how the big fat skinhead guy from american history x lives his life. that guy rules... minus that whole kill all blacks and jews thing.

wouldn't mind following fairuza balk's character around either. hot!!!

bluetoast
06-19-09, 11:12 AM
The events of Rush Hour, as told through the perspectives of Agents Whitney and Russ. Here they are trying to do their job of resolving a kidnapping, and every once in a while, Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker interrupt their progress.

Dr Mabuse
06-19-09, 11:52 AM

Nice.

:lol:

Goat3001
06-19-09, 12:06 PM
The events of Rush Hour, as told through the perspectives of Agents Whitney and Russ. Here they are trying to do their job of resolving a kidnapping, and every once in a while, Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker interrupt their progress.

I would like to see this for all of these kind of movies. It's the story of two straight laced cops that are doing their best to solve a big crime yet everytime they get close two idiots come in and blow shit up.. then at the end of the movie the two idiots solve the crime and the two good cops are sitting there looking like assholes.

Tsar Chasm
06-19-09, 03:03 PM
what Gregory Maguire did for the Wizard of Oz with Wicked, I'd love to see someone do for Harry Potter as told by Lord Voldemort.

milo bloom
06-19-09, 03:19 PM
You know when the Enterprise is the closest ship in the quadrant whenever some big stuff is going down? I'd like to see what some of those other ships are doing that's so damn important that they can't help out.

BobSchlapowitz
06-19-09, 08:57 PM
I'd love to see a retelling of "Rocky" from Apollo Creed's perspective.

RKillgore
06-19-09, 09:12 PM
From Shaun of the Dead, I'd like to see Yvonne of the Dead.

Drexl
06-19-09, 09:14 PM
I would truly and honestly love to see a Discovery Channel-style documentary on the scouting and construction of Echo Base on Hoth.

That sounds like a job for The History Channel. :)

calhoun07
06-19-09, 09:22 PM
Caddyshack from the POV of the gopher. He must have gone through HELL and back. His story needs to be told.

Drexl
06-19-09, 09:27 PM
I'd like to see a movie about coach Bobby Finstock from Teen Wolf:

BEHfirKjBzo

joefrog91
06-20-09, 07:50 AM
From Shaun of the Dead, I'd like to see Yvonne of the Dead.

I would be first in line to see this movie. It would kick ass.

joefrog91
06-20-09, 07:56 AM
Hamlet's two buddies, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.

I'm assuming you were being facetious. However, if you were not.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ab/RosencrantzGuildensternAreDead.png

Rypro 525
06-20-09, 09:45 AM
Vincent Coccotti (chris walken's) character in True Romance

AnonomusBob15
06-22-09, 02:38 PM
I came in here to post The Thing which has already been mentioned. Also loved The Mist and though I'm not sure I'd want a movie of it but I'd like to see how the military handled the problem.

Yavin
06-22-09, 02:47 PM
I would like to see a movie about the Dark side!

;)

OscarBluth
06-23-09, 12:06 AM
Rusty/Brad Pitt's heists and meeting Catherine Zeta Jones between Ocean's Eleven & Twelve. They could even throw in Vincent Cassel's character from Twelve, too.

Jay & Silent Bob Present: The Adventures of Missy, Crissy, Sissy and Justice!

http://i44.tinypic.com/21o39zd.jpg

PopcornTreeCt
06-23-09, 12:34 AM
I'd like to see Cloverfield's point of view from someone that could actually hold a camera steady.

Travis McClain
06-23-09, 09:09 PM
Goldstein & Rosenberg's night during the events of Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle could be fun.

I've also always been fascinated to ponder what Alice was doing off-screen throughout Eyes Wide Shut. I relate to Bill, because we're both guys and I can easily imagine how threatened and insecure I would feel if my wife confessed to being so willing to throw away our marriage to explore lust with some stranger. But the part of me that is fascinated by women would love to know how she handled him being out all night, and what thoughts went through her head.

And, of course, I would go see a movie that tells the story of the Russian space station attendant in Armageddon. That dude rocked!

Drexl
06-23-09, 09:23 PM
I've also always been fascinated to ponder what Alice was doing off-screen throughout Eyes Wide Shut. I relate to Bill, because we're both guys and I can easily imagine how threatened and insecure I would feel if my wife confessed to being so willing to throw away our marriage to explore lust with some stranger. But the part of me that is fascinated by women would love to know how she handled him being out all night, and what thoughts went through her head.

For all we know, she could have been at the orgy. :)