Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Art of War III ---Minus Wesley Snipes -- Starring Treach from Naughty by Nature

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Art of War III ---Minus Wesley Snipes -- Starring Treach from Naughty by Nature

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-09, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Coming on DVD August 11th.

Artwork:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...f-war-iii.html

Synopsis:

When international diplomacy comes up short, extreme measures must be taken. In the newest installment of The Art of War, Agent Neil Shaw, played by Naughty By Nature's sensation, Treach, is on a covert mission to stop North Korean terrorists from obtaining a nuclear bomb. But when the deal turns deadly, Shaw is drawn into the crossfire to save a beautiful facilitator (Playboy model Sung Hi Lee)?and ends up framed for murder. Now a wanted man with only his newbie partner and the mysterious facilitator by his side, Shaw must rely on his kick-ass martial arts skills and bad-ass warrior code to fight through Korea's mean streets and find the terrorists before they detonate the bomb at a United Nations peace summit. This is war, and there is an art to it.
Trailer:

http://dvd.ign.com/dor/objects/14353...rl_053009.html

And for anyone who is curious, Treach is playing Snipes' character Neil Shaw.
Old 06-13-09, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: The Art of War III ---Minus Wesley Snipes -- Starring Treach from Naughty by Natu

[sarcasm] Wow, this sounds so awesome and original! [/sarcasm]

Treach taking over the lead reminds me of Ice Cube taking over in xXx, and we all know how that went.
Old 06-15-09, 10:23 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Art of War III ---Minus Wesley Snipes -- Starring Treach from Naughty by Natu

This is one of those movies where I wonder why they even bother making it a sequel. Was the original Art of War even that popular of a movie? I understood the second one because they could get Snipes to do a DTV sequel to one of his theatrical releases, probably for a fraction of what he was paid for the first one. But is the Art of War name have any value without Snipes? (Feel free to insert joke about Snipes adding value...) From what I remember the original was just a generic action movie to begin with. It's not like Lost Boys 2 or Ace Ventura 3, where the originals have strong enough followings that you can try to dupe them with just name recognition.
Old 06-15-09, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

There was an Art of War II?
Old 06-15-09, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

The original Art of War made roughly $30M in the U.S. on a $40M budget. So no it was hardly a hit. The budget for Part 2, which was a stinker, was easily well below $10M, probably more closer to $5M

I think the producers probably thought the Neil Shaw character could be some type of black James Bond for the DTV market.
Old 06-15-09, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Treach replacing Snipes is a joke....