Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Dead Pioneer DV-414? Any suggestions?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Dead Pioneer DV-414? Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-00, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya. This is my first Post. I bought me Pioneer DV-414 DVD player in February of 1999. I’ve been really pleased with it overall (even though it has cost me hundreds of dollars by allowing me to buy so many DVDs )

But last night it went kaput. There is power, but it won’t eject, play or perform any other functions. Since the warranty is for one year and it is now a year + 3 months, I’m sunk. Very nice of it to fail so soon after the warranty expires. Is this a common problem with this unit & has anyone else had any luck resolving the problem? Do I have any course of action with Pioneer? Any hints, tips, or recipes?

Is there any particular customer service rep at Pioneer that could help in this matter?

Thanks in advance for your help. I’m dying without my DVD!

Josh
Old 05-16-00, 03:49 PM

Anyone? Please?
Old 05-16-00, 04:19 PM
Premium Member

http://www.pioneerservice.com/
Old 05-17-00, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You might want to buy another same model with service warranty from Best Buy and use that warranty for your broken down player. Might not be the most honest idea, but you make the call.
Old 05-17-00, 11:00 AM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Might want to check www.audioreview.com to see if others with your model player have had the same problem.

I know the 414 had some problems when it first came out, but I don't remember what they were. You should be able to find them in the 414 reviews at audioreview though.

------------------
David, Moderator of the Other Forum
I laughed, I cried, my life was changed: The Other Forum
My DVDs and HT Email: [email protected]
Old 05-17-00, 01:02 PM

L. Gowron: Yeah, that’s a good idea. Unfortunately, the 414 has been replaced by the new 525 model and it is no long for sale at ant store in my area (and I've looked!). Thanks though.

Blade: Thanks for the link. That is a great site! Every one on there seems to be thrilled with their 414 (apart from some lip sync problems from earlier shipments). No one seems to have run into the problem that I'm having.

I'm gonna try and call Pioneer customer service today and see what I can get out of them. Anyone have any advice on how to talk a Pioneer CSR into servicing a just-past-warranty unit?
Old 05-17-00, 01:48 PM
steak

My Pioneer DV414 died like that and they had to replace the power supply and the computer board. Fortunately, it was under warranty for me, but I have no idea what the cost would be to do that.