Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : NBC Sucks

Double_Oh_7
05-28-09, 01:42 PM
And now has the ratings to prove it...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/NBC-makes-history-in-the-apf-15363388.html

Meanwhile, Jeff Zucker continues to steal, I mean, earn an 8 figure salary.

ATX
05-28-09, 01:46 PM
yessir

RichC2
05-28-09, 01:51 PM
And now has the ratings to prove it...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/NBC-makes-history-in-the-apf-15363388.html

Meanwhile, Jeff Zucker continues to steal, I mean, earn an 8 figure salary.

Now?

Charlie Goose
05-28-09, 01:59 PM
The only show I watch on NBC now is 30 Rock.

chris_sc77
05-28-09, 03:31 PM
they still have the best programming of any other network i would say. 30 rock, office and conan is all i really like from them but they are funny shows.

Larry C.
05-28-09, 03:46 PM
I think ABC is worse. Aside from Lost its pretty lame.

Gizmo
05-28-09, 03:48 PM
Well, they did bring back Chuck so...

JuryDuty
05-28-09, 03:49 PM
I think ABC is worse. Aside from Lost its pretty lame.

In my opinion, anymore they're all pretty lame.

I watch two NBC shows, one ABC show, two CBS shows and two FOX shows. Not much out there worth watching anymore, and too many good shows are canceled too quickly, making viewers not want to commit to anything new.

EDIT: I should note that two of my favorite shows, Friday Night Lights and The Office, however ARE the two on NBC.

marty888
05-28-09, 04:45 PM
Oh ..... I thought this thread was going to announce new vampire programs ..... or discuss Jay Leno's 5-night gambit.

Rockmjd23
05-28-09, 04:52 PM
In my opinion, anymore they're all pretty lame.
I watch one NBC show, one ABC show, two CBS shows and two FOX shows.
Pretty much. I watch quite a few FOX shows, but I only watch 2 NBC shows, one ABC show and no CBS shows. I might take up The Mentalist, though.

Geofferson
05-28-09, 04:56 PM
Well, they did bring back Chuck so...
and shares responsibility for bringing back FNL so they'll continue to get support from me.

DJariya
05-28-09, 05:02 PM
Considering that they made the effort to keep Chuck and Friday Night Lights, I will support them.

I think the whole point of that article is that NBC hasn't had a "Huge Mega Hit" in a very long time and are pretty much a 4th place network in the Nielsen's.

Also, the ratings stunk last week because they exhausted all their new scripted shows in April already and are pretty much airing Repeats, Dateline and Deal Or No Deal re-runs. The only show still airing left from this past season is Medium.

SuperJim88
05-28-09, 05:08 PM
As long as their sugar daddy, GE, brings home the bacon I wouldn't worry about them going bankrupt.

nightwing82
05-28-09, 05:18 PM
I watch more shows on NBC than any of the other networks... Chuck, 30 Rock, The Office, Leno, Fallon -- plus they air hockey.

Things like The Office and 30 Rock are golden, it is just a shame not enough people watch them.

naitram
05-28-09, 05:27 PM
I know their sound sucks in my area - sounds tinny like a bad MP3.

Mike86
05-28-09, 09:36 PM
I've basically stopped watching NBC. The only show I like that they air is Chuck and I'll start watching The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien when it starts up next Monday. The only other show I'm interested in that they broadcast is Friday Night Lights but I haven't watched it from the beginning so I'd probably rent or buy the dvds first.

Philzilla
05-28-09, 09:50 PM
I like the office, and for some reason still watch Heroes.
Sunday Night Football

PopcornTreeCt
05-28-09, 10:17 PM
NBC has the best shows and yet they suck? ABC (minus Lost) is by far the worst. Their commercials give me headaches.

RichC2
05-28-09, 10:36 PM
I think CBS is the worst myself, absolutely no variety in programming other than How I Met Your Mother and maybe 1 other sitcom.

I like NBC since they're associated with USA, and USA kicks ass (Burn Notice, Psych, Monk, In Plain Sight, etc; )

dotheDVDeed
05-28-09, 10:58 PM
Get ready for "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here" for four nights a week at 8PM ET/PT Mon-Thur.!

Way to go Zucker! rotfl

Ranger
05-28-09, 11:31 PM
I think the law and order svu/regular I love is now dead.

30 rock and the office are still good.

One thing I like about nbc is that they still put their non-hd shows in widescreen instead of just zooming in full 4:3.

It's the CW I'm giving up on, but they still air reruns of Seinfeld.

Gizmo
05-28-09, 11:34 PM
Get ready for "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here" for four nights a week at 8PM ET/PT Mon-Thur.!

Way to go Zucker! rotfl

I'll take that over the crap ABC will be burning off during the period.

My Other Self
05-28-09, 11:36 PM
NBC and Fox are the only stations I watch. I catch NCIS but only in reruns on USA.

NBC still has The Office, 30 Rock, and now Conan again so I guess I watch more on there than I do any other broadcast network.

I tend to catch more on cable as it is.

Michael Corvin
05-28-09, 11:42 PM
They renewed Chuck and FNL so they get a pass for me this year.

ChefWinduAZ
05-29-09, 12:16 AM
I don't think giving Leno an hour of prime time 5 nights of week is going to help NBC out. If anything it may make things worse for them.

RoQuEr
05-29-09, 12:22 AM
what you mean people don't love 4 hours of kathy lee, 4 hours of comedians doing softball celebrity interviews, a different Law & Order every night, and extended episodes of their few remaining sitcoms?

Trevor
05-29-09, 10:51 AM
I only watch about 5 shows (~10 if you count waiting for DVD season sets), and NBC is the only network with two of them, the often mentioned 30 Rock and The Office.

Plus, I've been watching Jim Vance and company do the local news on NBC for 35 years now, so I guess that makes NBC my favorite network.

rfduncan
05-29-09, 11:42 AM
Plus, I've been watching Jim Vance and company do the local news on NBC for 35 years now, so I guess that makes NBC my favorite network.
That has to do with the local affiliate and has nothing to do with NBC (if channel 4 were to switch to CBS, those anchors would still be with the station). While I agree that they do the best "news", I also have to concede that all the other local newscasts also really, really stink.

Joseph B
05-29-09, 03:02 PM
What do you expect from the network that cancelled Star Trek??

(I know that was 40 years ago, but I *still* haven't gotten over it ...)

fernsita
05-29-09, 04:57 PM
The only show I watch on NBC now is 30 Rock.

I really enjoy 30 Rock and Saturday Night Live. I think they are still holding on, but with more late night shows.

twikoff
05-29-09, 04:59 PM
imho cbs is by far the worst
nbc ranks just below fox to me, at the top

DJariya
05-29-09, 07:57 PM
imho cbs is by far the worst

What as far as satisfying programming you like to watch?

Pretty much all their shows are in the Top 20 in the Nielsen ratings. I would hardly call CBS the worst. I would say they haven't really branched out from producing procedural dramas and a few sitcoms.

I mean if you don't like to watch the stuff they produce, then fine. But they are hardly suffering or going down the toilet.

tommyp007
05-29-09, 08:00 PM
We only watch football on NBC now. We gave up on the rest of their programming a while back.

twikoff
05-29-09, 08:06 PM
What as far as satisfying programming you like to watch?

Pretty much all their shows are in the Top 20 in the Nielsen ratings. I would hardly call CBS the worst. I would say they haven't really branched out from producing procedural dramas and a few sitcoms.

I mean if you don't like to watch the stuff they produce, then fine. But they are hardly suffering or going down the toilet.

i cant think of anything (non sports) that i watch on cbs.. or would really consider
which is weird, because i follow ALOT of shows between live, dvr, and download.

Im sure there is something.. but they are definitly at the bottom of my list.. well below the other majors and several cable stations.

JeffTheAlpaca
05-30-09, 02:25 AM
CBS sucks

I have not watched anything on CBS since the Hulk and Dukes of Hazard

I will pissed if Medium becomes a huge hit now that it moves to CBS.

jeffkjoe
05-30-09, 03:08 AM
I watch

Today Show
The Office
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
Saturday Night Live

DJariya
05-30-09, 03:21 AM
CBS sucks

I have not watched anything on CBS since the Hulk and Dukes of Hazard

I will pissed if Medium becomes a huge hit now that it moves to CBS.

Okay, thanks for your wonderful insight. -ohbfrank-

Why the hell would you pissed if Medium becomes a hit on CBS? CBS owns and produces Medium and only licensed it to NBC. Now that NBC passed on it, they had the right to take it back.

chris_sc77
05-30-09, 09:24 AM
CBs is indeed the worst NEtwork . I dont think I have EVER in my life seen a good show that aired on CBS.
Every time I think something sounds good and I give it a try (usually blind-buying the dvd sets no less) like How I met your Mother, Jericho, etc. it turns out to me a piece of boring shit.
Shark was a decent show I will admit. Nothing great but tolerable so I guess that is the exception but I shed no tears when it was canceled believe me. I have the first 3 seasons of the Unit on dvd as well but never have seen a minute of that show. I am sure it'll disappoint me as well just like just about everything else that has ever aired on CBS.

whotony
05-30-09, 09:35 AM
Oh ..... I thought this thread was going to announce new vampire programs ..... or discuss Jay Leno's 5-night gambit.

me too or at least see a synopsis of the article in the first post and not just a link with no mention of what is in the link and what the article is about.

raKim
05-30-09, 12:00 PM
...CW swallows

frenchy
05-30-09, 01:09 PM
It tends to go in cycles for me. NBC used to have powerhouses like Seinfeld, Friends, Frasier, L&O (in it's prime, when people cared), etc. Then CBS had CSI, King of Queens and Raymond when they were in their prime. Then Fox became my most-watched network with 24, House and (until now) Prison Break. I can't remember watching ABC frequently since the days of TGIF, but what did I know back then.

Michael Corvin
05-30-09, 01:44 PM
ABC had a huge resurgence 5 years back with the launch of Lost, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. All in the same year, IIRC.