Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Prison Break--2 hour Series Finale -- "Rate of Exchange/Killing your Number"--5/15/09

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Prison Break--2 hour Series Finale -- "Rate of Exchange/Killing your Number"--5/15/09

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-09, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Prison Break

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

In the series finale, old friends (Amaury Nolasco, Rockmond Dunbar) turn up as Michael makes one last effort to rescue Linc and Sara, get Scylla into responsible hands and take down the Company---all while on the lam. Sofia: Danay Garcia. Lang: Barbara Eve Harris.

Well, this is it for the series, but this isn't quite it for the characters. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, FOX is releasing a post-series standalone 88 minute Direct to Video movie July 21st called "Prison Break: The Final Break."
Basically FOX bought and paid for 22 episodes (tonight is episode 21 and 22), however 20th TV, which produces the show decided to pay for 2 more hours and the producers came up with a standalone plot that serves as an epilogue to the show.

Anyways, looking forward to tonight and those returning characters.

Artwork for the DTV movie:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Pri...al-Break/11872
Old 05-15-09, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Prison Break--2 hour Series Finale -- "Rate of Exchange/Killing your Number"--5/1

One of my fave shows. It's a shame it's leaving after only four seasons.
Old 05-15-09, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: Prison Break--2 hour Series Finale -- "Rate of Exchange/Killing your Number"--5/1

Finale spoiler, and it's pretty big, so read at your own risk:

Spoiler:
There are apparently two endings, one present, and and one future. The future one involves Michael's son and an older age. One of the two brothers is dead (believed to be Lincoln)

News about a special guest with a guess as to who it may be:

Spoiler:
A certain mystery guest is making a very important appearance in the finale, so important, everyone's lives depend on it. Said guest may not have been a fan favorite at the time, but fans sure love this person now. By promise of death, we cannot tell you who returns. But suffice it to say that you'll be shocked because this person has been pretty dead for a while now. My personal guess is that it's
Spoiler:
Brad Bellick

Last edited by DVD Josh; 05-15-09 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-15-09, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts

I still have the last two episodes on the DVR - since the return, I just haven't been feeling it. But, I started at the beginning so I'll finish it (and hope for the best!).
Old 05-15-09, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Finale spoiler, and it's pretty big, so read at your own risk:

Spoiler:
There are apparently two endings, one present, and and one future. The future one involves Michael's son and an older age. One of the two brothers is dead (believed to be Lincoln)

News about a special guest with a guess as to who it may be:

Spoiler:
A certain mystery guest is making a very important appearance in the finale, so important, everyone's lives depend on it. Said guest may not have been a fan favorite at the time, but fans sure love this person now. By promise of death, we cannot tell you who returns. But suffice it to say that you'll be shocked because this person has been pretty dead for a while now. My personal guess is that it's
Spoiler:
Brad Bellick
Spoiler:
I don't think it's Bellick. There is no getting around the fact that he is dead; if they do bring him back it'd be good to see him again, but they've already pulled the "bringing back the dead" card on Sara.

We already know Sucre is going to be in the finale (he was in the preview) so I doubt that is who they are referring to, but maybe it is. Although I suspect the person of whom they are referring is the one that confronts Sucre in the preview. It all just depends on what they mean by "dead for a while." Do they mean literally dead or do they just mean absent/inactive? And how long is a while, because technically Bellick hasn't been dead that long. If they meant dead as in gone from the show, my vote goes to C-Note.
Old 05-15-09, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk God

As my summary indicated:

Spoiler:

Rockmund Dunbar, who played C-Note in seasons 1 and 2 is returning for the finale.

I think it's going to suck to wait until July for the DTV movie to get complete closure on the show/characters.

Spoiler for the DTV video.....Read it at your own risk:

Spoiler:

The series finale ends jumping forward 4 years and we learn what happens to Michael and Linc. Reportedly, Linc is dead. However, the DTV movie takes place a few months after the series finale and covers what happened to the characters between that 4 year Gap. Here is the synopsis that I found:

In it we learn Sara has been jailed for murder. Wanting to make an example of her, the government has sent her to a women’s prison and she faces 25 years to life. Heavily pregnant and fearful for her life, Sara must survive by making an alliance with an old enemy… but she’s a marked woman and various attempts on her life lead Michael to take drastic action.

If some of you have wondered what the hell happened to Gretchen....well Sara will meet her in Prison.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-15-09 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-15-09, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The movie you are talking about, is it a compilation of these 2 unseen episodes?

80. 4-23 The Old Ball and Chain
81. 4-24 Free

Chris
Old 05-15-09, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya
As my summary indicated:

Spoiler:

Rockmund Dunbar, who played C-Note in seasons 1 and 2 is returning for the finale.

Awesome! I didn't read your summary and guessed right!
Old 05-15-09, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
The movie you are talking about, is it a compilation of these 2 unseen episodes?

80. 4-23 The Old Ball and Chain
81. 4-24 Free

Chris
That is correct.
Old 05-15-09, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man this is intense. The time is flying by. I can't believe they have to wrap it up in 20 minutes. I'm already itching for the movie's DVD release.
Old 05-15-09, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the ending til the final moments when it was revealed Michael died.
Old 05-15-09, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What's the purpose of the DTV movie? What else is there to wrap up? The ending tonight was satisfying enough.
Old 05-15-09, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've got to give it to the writers of Prison Break. They actually managed to wrap this up nicely. This episode was fantastic. I really can't wait for the DVD so we can see what happened in between.

Too bad about Michael, but hopefully we can see that during the four years he at least got to spend some time with his son. Honestly though, I'm just glad that C-Note, Sucre, and Mahone got happy endings (gotta wonder what happened with Mahone's wife though...probably couldn't be together after what happened to the son).

Gotta love seeing The General killed. And I can't help but feel bad for T-Bag. Had he just helped save Sara though, things might've turned out different for him. Also nice to see Sara put some lead in the mom. Nice throw back to Kellerman killing his partner as well; although I'm glad he's done well for himself - he came through for Sara during her trial and came through for Michael and the Gang too.

No mention of Gretchen though; I'm sure we'll see her in the movie though.

Spoiler:
And if what DJariya posted is correct, why would Sara go to jail? I mean, I know she killed Michael's mom, but she was pardoned/got immunity. And even if she didn't, why would she go to jail for that? She was clearly saving Michael's life.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
What's the purpose of the DTV movie? What else is there to wrap up? The ending tonight was satisfying enough.
It's apparently going to take place between the time they signed the papers with Kellerman and the "4 Years Later" ending.

Last edited by kstublen; 05-15-09 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-15-09, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
IMahone got happy endings (gotta wonder what happened with Mahone's wife though...probably couldn't be together after what happened to the son).
It looked to me that he was with his former FBI partner. Or was I imagining things?
Old 05-15-09, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ausiello from EW did an interview w/ PB Producer
Old 05-15-09, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
It looked to me that he was with his former FBI partner. Or was I imagining things?
No I saw that. He mailed a "Happy Birthday" card to Pam. II'm guessing that they tried to work things out once he was free, but that they couldn't because Mahone reminded Pam of their son or some variant thereof.
Old 05-15-09, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No I saw that. He mailed a "Happy Birthday" card to Pam. II'm guessing that they tried to work things out once he was free, but that they couldn't because Mahone reminded Pam of their son or some variant thereof.

I said that to my husband, there are some things you can try to work through..some how try to make the marriage work.... being responsible for your son being brutally murdered in front of your wife is probably something that can't be worked through.

Anyone do a timeline on how long it took Secure to get from Chicago to Florida? Because it seemed really, really fast. Like lighting fast.
Old 05-15-09, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've just been thinking about the show, and once again, I really have to give credit to the writers and the cast. To think that this show started with Michael in prison with the simple (in hindsight compared to what followed) goal of breaking Lincoln out and ended where it did is truly amazing. So much happened in these four seasons and through it all, a lot could have gone horribly, horribly wrong (story and writing-wise), but it didn't. They even managed to bring Sara back from the dead in a fairly plausible and convincing manner. They killed main characters and let bad stuff happen. I really think this was a great series finale and I am glad I started watching it four years ago and stuck with it all the while.
Old 05-15-09, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I thought it was a very satisfying end, to a great show. Very interested in the DTV, and possible Gretchen spin off.

I cracked up when Sucre tells T-bag to look at his guy, and hes slumped over like Snake Eyes ran past him.
Old 05-15-09, 11:06 PM
Cool New Member

Too bad about Michael, but hopefully we can see that during the four years he at least got to spend some time with his son.
His tombstone says he died in Nov. 2005, which would mean he never got to see his son being born. The date was bothering me as I was watching it until I realized the timeline of the series took place in about 4 months. Michael probably died a shortly after the finale.
Old 05-15-09, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Well, I absolutely despised the ending.

First, I was not happy to see Kellerman as the guy to save them all. His dying was a powerful moment of the series, and I get sick of the old "guess who's not really dead" trick.

The rest was pretty good: Michael's plan, Alex helping, the somewhat corny return of Sucre and C-Note, Self pretty much getting what he deserved, T-Bag locked back up.

But ending the whole series at Michael's tombstone? COME ON. Lame. He had the big surgery, and after ALL he'd gone through and done for everyone else, he dies of some illness and that's that.

My annoyance with the show was that it was always something--every single time they got close to...whatever...something else would go wrong, so I guess after all that I was hoping for a bit "Can't it just be over?" And when it was, "four years later," he's dead.

Well acted, well shot, etc., but seriously--one of the worst ending (and I'm talking about the very end) of a series (and one I really liked) I've ever seen.
Old 05-15-09, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by uteotw
First, I was not happy to see Kellerman as the guy to save them all. His dying was a powerful moment of the series, and I get sick of the old "guess who's not really dead" trick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ksIF-5GWVY&NR=1

Go back and watch his death. Now that I think about it, it isn't entirely clear that he was killed. He was talking to the guy, saying that it was an honour to die for doing your job. Then he says it took the shooters long enough. What's to say that they weren't coming to rescue him? Granted, I thought he was dead at the time too, but revisit the clip in light of him being alive and it's entirely possible that he was being rescued or taken prisoner or any number of things.

And while I'll admit that I too thought he was dead, I don't remember his death itself being all that powerful. What I remember being powerful was the moments leading up to what would have been his suicide and then doing the right thing and testifying at Sara's trial. I think that was very powerful, not the "death" itself.
Old 05-15-09, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

anyone notice One minute Sucre has hair then the next scene his head is clean shaven? (right before the cops catch him)
Old 05-16-09, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Spoiler:
And if what DJariya posted is correct, why would Sara go to jail? I mean, I know she killed Michael's mom, but she was pardoned/got immunity. And even if she didn't, why would she go to jail for that? She was clearly saving Michael's life.

Spoiler:
I dont think she goes to prison for that murder. Remember in Panama, she killed that one guy, and then Michael took the blame for. Panama could reopen the case and see that Sara is the killer. And since it's in another country, her exoneration doesnt count over there.
Old 05-16-09, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

great finale. As the cliche goes, like a rollercoaster.

I had a feeling Paul was still alive, though I completely forgot about that character. I remember the episode where he "died" and having a discussion with one of my coworkers about whether or not he really was dead. This seemed like ages ago, since that company I worked for went out of business and a lot has happened since then. whoa.

Good to see C-note back. He is one of my favorite OG cast members.

EDIT: well, I thought the movie was going to be cancelled, but apparently after reading your posts, I'll check out the DTV DVD. Didn't know they went that route. Thought tonight was the last I would see of them.

Last edited by MLBFan24; 05-16-09 at 12:55 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.