TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

FOX will air Virtuality Pilot---From BSG creator Ronald Moore July 4th

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-09, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
FOX will air Virtuality Pilot---From BSG creator Ronald Moore July 4th

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=8081

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- FOX is giving viewers a holiday treat on Saturday, July 4.

Network sources have confirmed to the site exclusively that the two-hour pilot to "Virtuality" will air on said night at 8:00/7:00c.

Co-created by Michael Taylor and Ronald D. Moore ("Battlestar Galactica"), the sci-fi drama revolves around the crew of the Phaeton, Earth's first starship. To endure the 10-year journey, the astronauts use virtual reality modules which allow them to assume avatars and explore self-created scenarios. But just as the mission is about to enter its critical go/no-go phase, a virus begins to infect the system and puts all of their lives on the line.

The show's ensemble cast includes Clea DuVall, Erik Jensen, Gene Farber, James D'Arcy, Jimmi Simpson, Jose Pablo Cantillo, Joy Bryant, Kerry Bishe, Nelson Lee, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Omar Metwally, Richie Coster and Sienna Guillory.

Peter Berg helmed the Universal Media Studios-based pilot and executive produced alongside Taylor, Moore, Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun and Sarah Aubrey.

Some of you may have heard about this Pilot. It was originally supposed to be a mid-season series, but has been in development hell the past several months. No word if this is ever going to be a series, but at least they are airing this 2 hour Pilot as a movie.

I'm watching obviously because of Ronald Moore and because Peter Berg directed this.

The assumption is if this Pilot does well, it could go to series in 2010.
Old 05-07-09, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Re: FOX will air Virtuality Pilot---From BSG creator Ronald Moore July 4th

So they are putting it on a Saturday, that's a holiday? Apparently they want this show to fail before it even starts.
Old 05-07-09, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thread topic made me think the show's title was Virtuality Pilot.
Old 05-07-09, 09:28 PM
Banned

Clea Duvall really turns me on for some reason. Still I was kinda disappointed this isn't anything like Virtuosity with Denzel and Russell Crowe.
Old 05-07-09, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
So they are putting it on a Saturday, that's a holiday? Apparently they want this show to fail before it even starts.
That pretty much seems to be the case. The article below refers to this as a "broken pilot".

As a strong network followup to "Battlestar Galactica," Ronald D. Moore had pinned his hopes on a Fox series that would take science-fiction fans to the stars. But now, it looks like "Virtuality" will be nothing more than a standalone movie, and a look of what could've been.

Fox, according to The Futon Critic, plans to air the pilot July 4, a Saturday night and on a holiday ... not exactly the timeslot one would think a tease for a new show would go. It's not a surprise, however, as reports last December said Fox had ordered a number of changes to "Virtuality" in an effort to make it more "mainstream."
http://www.airlockalpha.com/news426330.html

(Caution, that link contains a bit of a spoiler to the ending of the US version of "Life On Mars", which annoyed me because I want to go back and watch the episodes I missed...)
Old 05-09-09, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You had me at Ronald D. Moore.