Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Scrubs - "My Chief Concern" (5/5) "My Finale, Parts 1 & 2" (5/6) Season/Series Finale

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Scrubs - "My Chief Concern" (5/5) "My Finale, Parts 1 & 2" (5/6) Season/Series Finale

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-09, 06:06 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Scrubs - "My Chief Concern" (5/5) 8/7c - ½ hour

Spoiler:
Change doesn't come easy for the gang when J.D. considers moving closer to his son.
Meanwhile, Turk gets comfortable as chief of surgery, while Ted and Gooch reach a new level in their relationship.

Scrubs - "My Finale, Part 1" (5/6) 8/7c - ½ hour
Scrubs - "My Finale, Part 2" (5/6) 8:30/7:30c - ½ hour

Spoiler:
J.D. is planning on leaving Sacred Heart but before he goes there are a few things that he wants to do including; getting a hug from Dr. Cox, and learning the Janitor's real name. Elliot is ready for the next step in her and J.D.'s relationship and she begins moving her furniture into J.D.'s apartment.

I know this is a day early, but because of the two-night event (and last week's ep was preempted... thanks Pres) I figured we gcould give folks a heads up.

Let's all say goodbye(?) to the staff of Sacred Heart.
Old 05-04-09, 06:08 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Re: Scrubs - "My Chief Concern" (5/5) "My Finale, Parts 1 & 2" (5/6) Season/Series Fi

thanks for the memories!!
Old 05-04-09, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Scrubs - "My Chief Concern" (5/5) "My Finale, Parts 1 & 2" (5/6) Season/Series Fi

Don't forget that this might actually get renewed without Braff, based on latest rumors.
Old 05-04-09, 06:22 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Wow...lots of Scrubs this week! Thanks for the Tuesday reminder.
Old 05-04-09, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll miss it.
Old 05-04-09, 11:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the thread! Gonna go check the DVR to make sure it gets them.

Damn I'm gonna miss this show.
Old 05-05-09, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed. It's one of my favorite shows and probably the most underrated show on TV, right now.
Old 05-05-09, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I'm a week behind, but I have to chime in saying I loved seeing Kim & Sean show back up for one more episode. It's been so long, it's hard to think of Scott Foley as anyone but "Cool Breeze."
Old 05-05-09, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

While I'm excited to see how they wrap this up and I'm upset to see it go, I don't think it'll really hit me that the show is done until JD says bye to Turk.
Old 05-05-09, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

10 bucks says that the Janitor's name is:

Spoiler:
Jan I. Tor
Old 05-05-09, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
10 bucks says that the Janitor's name is:

Spoiler:
Jan I. Tor
I'll take that bet... but let you keep the money.

Bill Lawrence said that the janitor's name is...

Spoiler:
... the same as the janitor in "Clone High", and that is...
Spoiler:
... you ready for it...
Spoiler:
... are you sure?
Spoiler:
... you can turn back now...
Spoiler:
... here it is...
Spoiler:
Glenn.
Old 05-05-09, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to miss you, Sacred Heart. Please don't come back without the entire gang. Just let it go.
Old 05-05-09, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
I'm going to miss you, Sacred Heart. Please don't come back without the entire gang. Just let it go.
Amen brother. This isn't ER. It's Srubs and it won't be the same without the cast. I read an interview ith Lawrence where he said the only reason he would support the show continuing is so that people don't lose their jobs (the behind the scenes people). That made me really think, but I know I won't be around to watch anymore if the show comes back as a shell of its former self.
Old 05-05-09, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks for the memories! I'll miss you.
Old 05-05-09, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No JDizzle = No Sale
Old 05-05-09, 01:24 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090505/...v/us_tv_scrubs

`Scrubs' finale is for season, or maybe forever

By LYNN ELBER, AP Television
Tue May 5, 9:51 am ET

LOS ANGELES – "Scrubs" creator Bill Lawrence is glad to reminisce about the plucky sitcom that survived years of time slot upheaval and a transplant from one network to another.

At this point, however, the discussion is akin to talking in the past tense about a hospital patient who is still working through the Jell-O course. In other words, "Scrubs" isn't a goner yet.

ABC may yet decide to give the show, or some incarnation of it, a spot on the network's 2009-10 schedule to be announced later this month. After all, ABC did rescue "Scrubs" after NBC dropped it last year, and the sitcom is produced by ABC Studios.

So Lawrence devised a season-closer Wednesday that also could serve as the show's final curtain.

It's an approach built around the departures of series star Zach Braff and Lawrence himself from the world of Sacred Heart Hospital.

"It's my last year and Zach's last year, so the finale is exactly what we would have written as a series finale. And if it goes forward, it's still what we would have written as Zach's finale," Lawrence said.

A key question: What happens with erratic lovebirds J.D. (Braff) and Elliot (Sarah Chalke)?

Lawrence can imagine a ninth season for "Scrubs," even if it loses cast members to other projects. After all, the show was first pitched as a comic version of "ER," able to accommodate new faces as the years passed.

There's been talk that some of the actors, including Braff, may return on occasion if the show is renewed. As for Lawrence, his "Cougar Town" pilot starring Courteney Cox is under consideration by ABC.

But, he said, "I don't think there can ever be a show called `Scrubs' that I wouldn't at least check in on."

It's been a memorable and instructive ride, especially the bumpy bit across the NBC schedule. Those scheduling shifts made it unlikely the comedy could achieve big ratings gain, a reality that Lawrence says he came to embrace.

"What was liberating about it was you stop trying to write things for everyone and make the people laugh who already liked the show — and, believe it or not, it's a lot easier to do," he said.

Lawrence and his staff made the most of the show's cult status, reaching out to die-hard fans with Webisodes, regular "Ask `Scrubs'" videos in which cast members responded to audience questions and online Q&A sessions.

Those viewers understood and supported "Scrubs" even when its original network didn't, selling it in early promotional spots as zany and goofy when Lawrence was trying for something with comedic depth.

He recalled a first-season script, an exploration of death, in which each of three young doctors loses a patient. NBC executives tried to talk him out of it.

"I got phone calls: `Couldn't just one die? Or if two have to die, could one be a really mean person, like a racist?'" he recalled.

The episode remained intact, received Emmy nominations and helped cement the show's following.

"It made me have a respect for the audience," Lawrence said.
Chris
Old 05-05-09, 01:39 PM

As for Lawrence, his "Cougar Town" pilot starring Courteney Cox is under consideration by ABC.
Wow, ballsy! Putting the words "Cougar" and "Courtney Cox" together. Somewhere a pig is flying.
Old 05-05-09, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
He recalled a first-season script, an exploration of death, in which each of three young doctors loses a patient. NBC executives tried to talk him out of it.

"I got phone calls: `Couldn't just one die? Or if two have to die, could one be a really mean person, like a racist?'" he recalled.

The episode remained intact, received Emmy nominations and helped cement the show's following.

"It made me have a respect for the audience," Lawrence said.
One of my favorite episodes of the whole series.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Janitor's name is Neil...
Old 05-05-09, 07:34 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

"Backflip"
Old 05-05-09, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
"Backflip"
"Did I stick it?"
Old 05-05-09, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone know the name of the song playing at the end of this episode?
Old 05-05-09, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This was a really solid episode. I noticed during the commercials for tomorrow night's finale, they never outright said it was a season or series finale and just kept referring to it as "the finale." I wish they would just put this baby to bed. They had a rough couple of seasons, but they really bounced back this season and I'd like for them to go out on a high note.
Old 05-06-09, 01:08 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Almost teared up at the end of that.
Old 05-06-09, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

There were some great moments in this one:

Ted being confused as to why people are repulsed when he says he has sex to which Kelso tells him to visualize it himself.

The origin of the Blueberry sweetness.

Janitor realizing he is not the only weird one in the place.
Old 05-06-09, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Really good episode. Sad, but good. I like this show the most when it strikes that perfect balance of comedy and drama. I'm really going to miss it.

Originally Posted by madcougar
Anyone know the name of the song playing at the end of this episode?
Sara Bareilles feat. Ingrid Michaelson - Winter Song

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.