Battlestar Galactica S4.5 and Complete 7/28

ALL IS REVEALED AS THE

SCI FI CHANNEL’S CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED HIT

COMES TO A SPECTACULAR CLOSE

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Season 4.5

&

Battlestar Galactica:

The Complete Series

The Dramatic Final Season of the Highly Rated SCI FI Channel Series and a Comprehensive Multi-Disc Collection Featuring all Four Seasons of the Landmark Show—Each with Hours of Bonus Features—Arrive on

Blu-ray™ Hi-Def and DVD on July 28, 2009

Universal City, California, April 20, 2009 – The epic story of survival that redefined science-fiction television for a new generation comes to a breathtaking finish when Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5 arrives on Blu-rayTM Hi-Def and DVD on July 28, 2009 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The must-own home entertainment release of the year, Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5 features over 13 hours of explosive extras, including three extended episodes of the series finale that never aired on television, never-before-seen deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and commentary and podcast interviews with Executive Producers Ronald D. Moore and David Eick. The Blu-ray™ Hi-Def edition also includes Universal’s acclaimed U-Control and BD-Live features, providing the ultimate way to enjoy this thrilling, contemporary classic television series.

And if just one season isn’t enough, fans can also relive all the drama, intensity and action with Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series. The ambitious 20-disc Blu-ray™ Hi-Def set and a 25-disc standard DVD set contains every episode of television’s most original, thought-provoking series, together with extensive bonus materials delving deep into the richly imagined world of the hit SCI FI Channel original show.

BattLEstar galactica: season 4.5 BOnus features

EXCLUSIVE TO Blu-rayTM Hi-Def:

* U-CONTROL: Universal’s exclusive signature feature puts viewers one click away from going deeper into the making of the film without ever leaving the movie.
o THE ORACLE: An interactive guide including ships and characters.
o BATTLESTAR ACTUAL: A glossary of all the unique Battlestar Galactica terms.
o WHAT THE FRAK HAPPENED TO YOU? Explore the history and connections of your favorite characters through video clips and relevant facts.
* BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to get even more content, watch the latest trailers, and more!
o BATTLESTAR GALACTICA ULTIMATE BATTLE: Players can battle their friends as Colonials or Cylons using strategy and luck to achieve victory.
* MY SCENES: Pick your favorite scenes from the film to create your own video montage.
* THE MUSICIANS BEHIND DAYBREAK: Composer Bear McCreary interviews and explains how many unique musicians have contributed the show and specifically the series finale, Daybreak.

BONUS FEATURES (BLU-RAY™ HI-DEF and DVD):

* EXTRAS
o EVOLUTION OF A CUE: Composer, Bear McCreary takes us step by step through his process of creating the music of Battlestar Galactica.
o What the Frak is Going On With Battlestar Galactica?: A recap of Battlestar Galactica’s first three thrilling seasons – in only eight minutes!
o …AND THEY HAVE A PLAN: What do they mean every episode when the opening sequence on the Cylons states “And They Have A Plan?” All will be revealed in the upcoming movie The Plan.
o THE JOURNEY ENDS: THE ARRIVAL: Battlestar Galactica has traveled full circle. The journey has concluded never to be revisited. But how did we arrive at the end?
o A LOOK BACK
+ SO SAY WE ALL: Executive Producer Ron Moore and the cast and crew reveal their personal insights on Battlestar Galactica.
+ MANIFESTO DESTINY: It all began with this manifesto. Why was it written and what was the response?
+ BATTLE-STYLE GALACTICA: Those behind the camera delve into their approach to visual style of Battlestar Galactica.
+ MARTYR TO A CAUSE: As the only actor to appear in both the original and reimagined series, Richard Hatch offers his unique perspective on Battlestar Galactica.
+ THE SINS OF THE FORGIVEN: Insights on the curious religious aspects of Battlestar Galactica.
+ BATTLESTAR REVELATIONS: Firsthand accounts from those on the Battlestar for the past five years.
* AUDIO COMMENTARIES BY RONALD D. MOORE, DAVID EICK, AND EDWARD JAMES OLMOS
* RonALD d. Moore’s Podcast Commentaries
* David Eick’s Video Blogs
* DELETED SCENES

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE COMPLETE SERIES BONUS FEATURES:

For detailed information on Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series on Blu-rayTM Hi-Def and DVD including episodes, bonus content, box art, stills and more, please visit www.ushepublicity.com.

Battlestar Galactica has riveted audiences for four seasons with its gripping tale of the last remnants of humankind’s struggle to find safe haven. An inspired, visually stunning reimagining of the 1978 series of the same name, Battlestar Galactica captured the imaginations of a new generation of fans with its gritty realism, compelling storylines and commanding performances. The show garnered numerous awards, including two Emmys® and the prestigious George Foster Peabody Award and was recognized by the American Film Institute (AFI) as one of the most outstanding television programs of the year for two years running. In March 2009, Battlestar Galactica’s impassioned explorations of today’s hot-button issues, including politics, terrorism, treatment of prisoners and religion, even inspired the United Nations to host a special panel to discuss the questions it has raised.

The show’s outstanding ensemble cast is led by Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer and Grace Park. The series is from Universal Cable Productions and is executive produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick. Preorder close is June 9, 2009.

SYNOPSIS

The Battlestar Galactica saga began on one devastating day, when the human population of the Twelve Colonies of Kobol was annihilated in a series of surprise attacks by their own creation—the Cylons, a race of sentient robotic clones. The few survivors huddled together on space ships, facing almost certain death at the hands of their ruthless enemies. In Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5, Commander William Adama (Emmy Award®-winner Edward James Olmos), the hawkish military leader of the last surviving battleship, searches for a habitable planet as the murderous Cylons follow relentlessly. As mysterious premonitions help Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell) the President of the Twelve Colonies, guide the ship to the fabled Thirteenth Colony, Earth, treacherous double agents, Cylon spies and internal dissent plague the Galactica. The ship’s crew and passengers battle for their lives—and the survival of the human race—armed with only cunning and determination against the military might of the Cylon Empire.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON 4.5
TECHNICAL INFORMATION

Blu-rayTM Hi-Def

Street Date: July 28, 2009

Copyright: 2009 Universal Studios Home Entertainment. All Rights Reserved.

Pre-Order Close: June 6, 2009

Selection Number: 61108246

Price: $69.98 SRP

Layers: BD-50

Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.35:1

Rating: Not rated.

Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish

Sound: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

DVD

Pre-Order Close: June 6, 2009

Selection Number: 61105927

Price: $49.98 SRP

Layers: Dual Layer

Aspect Ratio: AW 1.78:1

Rating: Not rated

Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE COMPLETE SERIES
TECHNICAL INFORMATION

Blu-rayTM Hi-Def

Pre-Order Close: June 9, 2009

Price: $349.98

Selection Number: 61107923

Layers: BD-50

Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.35:1

Rating: Not rated

Sound: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

DVD

Pre-Order Close: June 9, 2009

Copyright: 2009 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.

Price: $279.98

Selection Number: 61106532

Layers: Dual Layer

Aspect Ratio: AW 1.78:1

Rating: Not rated.

Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1

http://www.battlestargalacticadvd.com/
Old 04-21-09, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Battlestar Galactica S4.5 and Complete 7/28

Sweet news! With a $280 (DVD) MSRP I wonder how much the street will actually be for the complete set. Appears as if it will be equivalent to the total amount of the individual releases combined. For once I might be alright with the fact I didn't wait ....

Thanks for the head's up ...
Old 04-21-09, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they included the wrong aspect ratio for the Blu-Ray release.
Old 04-21-09, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

probably will be 199 on release date
Old 04-21-09, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by visitor Q
Sweet news! With a $280 (DVD) MSRP I wonder how much the street will actually be for the complete set.
Amazon's pre-order price is $196
Old 04-21-09, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

And the entire series comes on one BD-50.

Spoiler:
Just kidding.

This is one set I'd pay $$$ for.
Old 04-22-09, 06:15 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

I've been waiting for complete series sets lately, but not with this one. I hope it doesn't come with many features exclusive to the complete set.
Old 04-22-09, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Again, how can they call this a complete series if they're not including The Plan?
Old 04-22-09, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Originally Posted by jmj713
Again, how can they call this a complete series if they're not including The Plan?
I just checked and as of right now, The Plan isn't scheduled to air until November. I don't think Universal wants to wait that long since the series is done and that movie is a standalone film that is more of an epilogue to season 1 and 2 from what I heard.
Old 04-22-09, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still, it's part of the series. It should be included.
Old 04-22-09, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Still, it's part of the series. It should be included.
Tell that to:

The X-Files - Fight the Future & I Want To Believe
Strangers With Candy - Strangers With Candy The Movie
Mr. Show - Run Ronnie Run
Kids in the Hall - Brain Candy
Homicide: Life on the Street - Homicide The Movie
Firefly - Serenity
Sex and the City - Sex and the City The Movie

It's not the first time and won't be the last
Old 04-22-09, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
The X-Files - Fight the Future & I Want To Believe
Fight The Future was included in the Complete Series Set. I Want To Believe was released a year after the Complete Series Set was released, which does seem to support your position, but I can forgive a year later versus a few months later. Also, in Australia a set has been released with is truly Complete.

Strangers With Candy - Strangers With Candy The Movie
Agreed.

Firefly - Serenity
I'm pretty sure they couldn't release the movie and the series together, considering both are from different studios.

Sex and the City - Sex and the City The Movie
The Complete Series was released in 2005. They talked about doing a movie in 2004, but the idea was scrapped. Production for the movie didn't really even begin until 2007. So really, there isn't the same issue. However, if they release a Complete Series now, it will be incomplete, because they have already confirmed a second movie.
Old 04-22-09, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What you mention are theatrical films. The Plan is basically the final final episode. I'm very upset it won't be included.
Old 04-22-09, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What you mention are theatrical films. The Plan is basically the final final episode. I'm very upset it won't be included.
wait, wait! wait... wait! a minute now wait!

please no spoilers as i have decided not to start season 4 until 4.5 comes out (so i can have a complete and uninterrupted bsg orgy for a week)...

so the series is not complete at season 4.5? i mean, there is another episode called, "the plan", that actually completes the series?
Old 04-22-09, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hindolio
wait, wait! wait... wait! a minute now wait!

please no spoilers as i have decided not to start season 4 until 4.5 comes out (so i can have a complete and uninterrupted bsg orgy for a week)...

so the series is not complete at season 4.5? i mean, there is another episode called, "the plan", that actually completes the series?
According to tvshowsondvd.com, it's an upcoming movie, not out yet. That's how I read it, anyway...It is listed as the third bonus feature under the bonus features for the high def and DVD release. What I am confused about is what is that bonus feature? Is it the movie itself or a preview of some sort?
Old 04-22-09, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk God

The Plan has absolutely nothing to do with season 4. As I mentioned above. Battlestar Galactica writer Jane Espenson wrote this movie as more of a companion piece to season 1 and 2, which is told from the Cyclon perspective. It's a standalone piece similar to the Razor feature.

It's definitely not on the complete series as it won't premiere until November of this year.
Old 04-22-09, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by calhoun07
According to tvshowsondvd.com, it's an upcoming movie, not out yet. That's how I read it, anyway...It is listed as the third bonus feature under the bonus features for the high def and DVD release. What I am confused about is what is that bonus feature? Is it the movie itself or a preview of some sort?
It's a bonus featuring that is previewing The Plan.
Old 04-23-09, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Maybe they will do the same thing with The Plan as they did with Razor. However this time instead of releasing it with a half a season they will include it within a re-release of the complete collection in another five years.

With all the delays, the half season releases, the Razor bullshit I still have no idea how Battlestar Galactica could really have had any success. Yet, here I am crawling in my seat just to have the final episode finally in sight.
Old 04-23-09, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

It makes no sense why they couldn't have waited until The Plan was aired. Hell, they could've release it the next day. Sure it's a standalone movie but, so was Razor and it's included. It really would've been a complete set since there aren't any plans for more movies after this one.
Old 04-23-09, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

But what if they decide to make another movie in say 3 years. Should they wait to put out a complete set until then? I don't think it's that much of a hassle to just buy The Plan separately. The series ended with the finale. Seasons 1-4 is the complete set, Razor and The Plan are just bonus for the fans. We should be happy we are getting more, not complaining.
Old 04-23-09, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles...tica:_The_Plan

Edward James Olmos states: "When Battlestar fans see The Plan, they’re all going to have to go back and watch the entire series again."
Sounds like an essential final puzzle piece and it's criminal to leave something like that off the supposedly "complete" series set. No sale here.

Last edited by jmj713; 04-23-09 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-23-09, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
But what if they decide to make another movie in say 3 years. Should they wait to put out a complete set until then? I don't think it's that much of a hassle to just buy The Plan separately. The series ended with the finale. Seasons 1-4 is the complete set, Razor and The Plan are just bonus for the fans. We should be happy we are getting more, not complaining.
I could see them doing something far down the road maybe, but they auctioned off a lot of stuff, tore down sets, I doubt they will do another any time soon.
Old 04-23-09, 02:40 PM

If they're smart they'll just leave an empty slot for The Plan in the set. Like what Shout! is doing for GI Joe the movie (since they can't contractually release it yet).
Old 04-23-09, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,389 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by actionjackson29
I could see them doing something far down the road maybe, but they auctioned off a lot of stuff, tore down sets, I doubt they will do another any time soon.
They have mentioned that they "digitally archived" most of the sets, which I'm guessing means they took really high-res pics so they could do them blue screen style if needed.

Keep in mind also that they re-built the Pegasus CIC for Razor, which I found amusing considering they tore it down after
Spoiler:
destroying the Pegasus in Exodus Pt 2 because they didn't have room for both CIC sets

While I've been buying the season sets, I admit it does seem odd that the "complete" set doesn't have "The Plan" included. As mentioned, leaving an empty slot would probably be the best idea.
Old 04-23-09, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Or altogether postponing the set until November.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.