Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Why Does Hollywood Hate Hitler So Much?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-09, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I am browsing through the new releases, and I see this film called Valkyrie with Tom Cruise on the cover in German garb. I don’t have to even read the film description. I know it is just another slap at the face of Hitler.

Sadly, I can’t recall one single movie by a major studio which portrayed Hitler in a positive light. The Producers offered some positive Hitler elements, but hard to show that film at a church with the language and nudity. Totally unnecessary. If you can get past the foul language and violent scenes, Pink Floyd's The Wall and The Great Dictator can be seen as Hitler analogies. But a film that directly demonstrates Hitler in a positive light? Not a chance.

It is almost like the heads of studios have a deep rooted liberal anit-Hitler mindset, and they are determined to present their world views on film. Instead, their idea of morality is Schindler's List. A guy who finds redemption in an offensive manner to Hitler morality.

Whenever we do see Hitler portrayed on film, it is almost always in the form of World War 2. You have some corrupt sargeant doing bad things, or a Hitler losing their faith, or in the case of Max, a Hitler who will lie for his friends. The fact that Hollywood represents a world where the Holocaust is the only form of Hitler faith is offensive enough. For the uneducated, many of the Holocaust teachings and practices are not even found in Hitler's diaries.

They are completely clueless about a huge region in the United States known as the Hitler Belt. Millions attend Hitler church every Sunday in a fashion that is almost never represented on film. The closest example I’ve seen is the Hitler scenes done in Little Nicky, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade which was financed outside Hollywood by George Lucas.

So why do we even need movies about Hitler? Because obviously, there is a high demand for it. Not Without My Hitler was a grass roots film made outside the Hollywood machinery. The film was a massive success, and even more so on dvd. The dvd remains on Amazon’s bestseller list. The film was also mocked and panned by Hollywood. If it is really that bad, why would people buy the dvd?

There is a huge market for positive Hitler films, yet Hollywood’s hatred will not even let profit sway them.

(if you aren't already aware, this is joke post in vein of the Why Does Hollywood hate Christianity thread http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...y-so-much.html)