Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Born to Run" -- Season Finale -- 04/10/09

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Born to Run" -- Season Finale -- 04/10/09

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-09, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Terminator: TSCC

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

The Connors encounter Weaver, and the resulting confrontation becomes a pivotal event for John in the second-season finale.

This is it!!! Although I would love a season 3, I think it's pretty much a lock that this will be it.

Honestly, I don't think this show needs clear cut "Closure" I think in the Terminator Universe, the future is always uncertain. I think an ambiguous ending would be fine IMO if this is indeed the final episode.

I also want to say that Lena Headey has done a wonderful job with this role and I hope she will get alot more acting gigs in the U.S. after this.
Old 04-10-09, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Born to Run" -- Season Finale -- 04/1

Damn. Just... damn. Just maybe this isn't the end?
Old 04-10-09, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Born to Run" -- Season Finale -- 04/1

Even though I never miss an episode, season 2 really lost me both story and interest-wise. By the time my interest was renewed and I could fully understand what all was going on and why, the season ends.

If its not renewed, I won't be upset, except for Summer Glau being out of a job again due to FOX.
Old 04-10-09, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few weeks ago, I would have been okay with this show ending. However, the last few weeks have really gotten me interested again and now I'm sad to see it go!

Still in shock over last week...
Old 04-10-09, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This show will not be terminated. There will be another season.

Fox knows how much I like this show and they owe me.
Old 04-10-09, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

yeah, i'm thinking this is the series finale.
Old 04-10-09, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
This show will not be terminated. There will be another season.

Fox knows how much I like this show and they owe me.
I can't think of a better reason.
Old 04-10-09, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

On an unrelated note, Lena Headey and Thomas Dekker can be seen together in the Direct to Video horror film Laid to Rest, which is out on DVD April 21st.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228933/

And no, they don't play mother and son. But, it is weird that they were casted in the same movie together while Terminator was still in production.
Old 04-10-09, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Disassemble everything for transport? Sounds like tearing down a set! Good lord let that mean we might still get a 3rd season lol.
Old 04-10-09, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Sigh... it's been pre-empted here by on-going severe weather updates. I guess I'll have to catch it online tomorrow.
Maybe the tornados will get it over with in time to see Dollhouse.
Old 04-10-09, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn saving some budget for this episode.
Old 04-10-09, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Now they NEED a 3rd season!!! Cancel Dollhouse and put its budget towards Terminiator!!
Old 04-10-09, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I swear to god if they cancel this now, someone will die lol.
Old 04-10-09, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Ugh. That would make a fine series end, but I would love to see where they go from here.
Old 04-10-09, 08:06 PM

I saw a rule broken there. Or can T-1000's time travel without a fleshy coating?
Old 04-10-09, 08:07 PM

Just wow!
Old 04-10-09, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

so the t1000 won't join him in the future, but goes to past to fight skynet?
Old 04-10-09, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SteelWill
I saw a rule broken there. Or can T-1000's time travel without a fleshy coating?
She came through naked. She didn't have anything on in the shot of them both kneeling. She must have just morphed the clothes on between shots.
Old 04-10-09, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Oh my God! There damn well better be a season three!
Old 04-10-09, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by resinrats
She came through naked. She didn't have anything on in the shot of them both kneeling. She must have just morphed the clothes on between shots.
Think harder.
Old 04-10-09, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I enjoyed the episode, but it definitely warrants a second viewing. It resolves some things, but leaves A LOT to be explained. Here are my general thoughts/stuff I am pretty certain about...

So Weaver is the T-1000 from the future that was in that container. I think that is interesting. At some point in the future she must have changed her mind and asked the Resistance to send her back. So sI also get that Cameron gave her chip to John Henry.

John went to the future to try and find John Henry who is in possession of Cameron's chip. I kind of don't buy him abandoning his mom, but on the other hand I think it is possible. It was nice that he was able to see Derek again and finally see his father, but it was sad that no one knew who he was. Not sure what to make of that, except perhaps that Weaver and John went to the not-too-distant future where Judgment Day had happened not too long ago and the Resistance is still developing. I really liked when John thought Cameron was there, only to discover that it was really Allison (the dog reacting normally to her).

I also think that Sarah remaining makes sense as her and Ellison are likely to team up and take care of Savannah and try to stop Skynet from the past. It kind of pisses me off that John just left his mom all alone, but obviously there was some sort of mutual-understanding that Ellison and presumably Sarah would take care of Savannah (she is obviously of some importance to the Resistance, otherwise they wouldn't have sent back the Terminator to kill/kidnap her (and presumably Danny Dyson as well, unless of course his mother pulled a Sarah Connor and took her son into hiding as well).

---

Now for things I am unsure about...

Where (when) exactly is John Henry? Did he travel to the future with the sole purpose of getting John to follow him in order to assume his place as leader of the Resistance in the future? And his taking Cameron's chip, was that to ensure that John could successfully recover it in the future and put it in future-Cameron so he could then send her back to protect him in the past?

I wonder what happened to Weaver. Obviously she turned into liquid and "disappeared," but what role is she going to play now? This of course assumes what I said above (that she was already sent to the past after changing her mind).

I'm also wondering about John Henry's brother. Obviously "he" has something to do with (or is in fact) Skynet, but I am left wondering how all of that fit into the equation (sending the Hunter Killer to Weaver's building, kidnapping/killing Danny Dyson, etc., etc.)

Also, one thing I wondered is why didn't Sarah take Ellison's advice and tell people about the future and what was going to happen? I mean, I get that she was locked up in an insane asylum the first time around, but this time it seems different. She has Ellison who could back her up and she has CAMERON..."living" proof that Terminators are real. Maybe that would just cause more problems than it would solve, but she doesn't even seem to consider that as a viable option.

---

All that being said...

...I don't see how this could not have been the Series Finale. Unless they plan on coming back for a Third Season and focus on Sarah and Ellison trying to stop Skynet and John either living in the future or coming back from the future at some point. I would love a Third Season, but I am not sure what they would do (however I am sure that the writers could make it work).

(EDIT: Thought the scene with John inspecting Cameron was well done. It could have come across as campy or unnecessary, but was done in a very tastefully suggestive way and finally let the sexual tension between John and Cameron come to fruition)

Last edited by kstublen; 04-10-09 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-10-09, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The real question is, its liquid metal no matter what, why must she even appear naked?

Last edited by Snowmaker; 04-11-09 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-10-09, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Definitely lots of questions unanswered, but what a great finale! I just hope it's not a series finale. Dang, this has turned into a great show.

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
The real question is, its its liquid metal no matter what, why must she even appear naked?
That was my thought. When I saw her naked, I thought they should have left her clothed or just left her metal--it makes no sense for her to be naked since her "nude suit" is the same stuff that makes up her clothing.
Old 04-10-09, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

She has the same rules as the T-1000 in T2. The T-1000 appeared naked & then morphed on clothes. Somehow their 'skin' is not effected by the time travel bubble like other inorganic items are. I guess they could make clothes have the same properties as the skin but they don't.
Old 04-10-09, 10:12 PM

She has the same rules as the T-1000 in T2. The T-1000 appeared naked & then morphed on clothes. Somehow their 'skin' is not effected by the time travel bubble like other inorganic items are. I guess they could make clothes have the same properties as the skin but they don't.
I had thought the T-1000 in T2 came from the future covered in skin which was burned off in the truck explosion.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.