Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Looking for MARTIN Horror Flick

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-09, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on the massive hunt for a Brandy New, Factory Sealed copy of the George Romero quasi-vamp classic "Martin". Must be from Anchor Bay, ONLY! Looking to trade up or buy up, whatever comes this way first. Feel free to PM me, or let it out here. Thanks!
Old 03-28-09, 06:08 PM

Re: Looking for MARTIN Horror Flick

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
Old 03-29-09, 11:30 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 915 Likes on 774 Posts

that's funny, my cover doesn't look like that.
Old 03-29-09, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah my cover doesn't look like that either....
Old 03-29-09, 12:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The full frame version is definitely the one to get.
Old 03-29-09, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/13435/martin/

Okay, here's the deal: I was under the impression that this version of Martin, which is presented in 1.85:1 widescreen, was restoring the film to its proper format. But after hearing back from some other people, and doing a little research, I have found out that the Anchor Bay version that came out several years ago, and was presented full frame, actually featured the correct format. This new version from Artisan has been matted, with part of the image cropped. The picture was mastered from high definition transfer, and it looks beautiful, but this is not the way Romero intended the film to be seen.

Anchor Bay's release of Martin featured an audio commentary by Romero, John Amplas and Tom Savini. If you already own that version, then you might not need to buy this version. But if you already own the Anchor Bay version, you may want to consider picking out this new edition, as it has an all-new commentary with Romero, Savini, cinematographer Michael Gornick, producer Richard Rubinstein and composer Donald Rubinstein. Not quite as nostalgic as the commentary on the Anchor Bay disc, this audio track still comes pretty close,
Old 03-29-09, 05:22 PM

Here I am all excited seeing 5 new posts, thinking "Nice, looks like someone's found me what I've been looking for", and I see guys wasting my time jabbering about which version is better or people should buy. Save that nonsense for some other spot, not here. Or do some homework on the subject, before trying to sound knowledgable concerning the DVD that I'm after, which to my recall is entirely about me looking to find a Martin disc by bankroll or tradeup. Don't clog my post with stuff that ain't helping me, sound good and fair, this might ruffle some feathers, but I don't feature jokers wasting my time or wasting valuable airtime
Old 03-29-09, 05:25 PM

Well it looks like you just blew any opportunity to get it here with that rude attitude. lol
Old 03-29-09, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by JimmyTheSaint
Here I am all excited seeing 5 new posts, thinking "Nice, looks like someone's found me what I've been looking for", and I see guys wasting my time jabbering about which version is better or people should buy. Save that nonsense for some other spot, not here. Or do some homework on the subject, before trying to sound knowledgable concerning the DVD that I'm after, which to my recall is entirely about me looking to find a Martin disc by bankroll or tradeup. Don't clog my post with stuff that ain't helping me, sound good and fair, this might ruffle some feathers, but I don't feature jokers wasting my time or wasting valuable airtime
what a horrible attitude...
Old 03-29-09, 06:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You sir, are no saint.
Old 03-29-09, 06:48 PM

gglass, the 2nd post in this thread, gave you a place, a**hole!
Old 03-29-09, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 03-29-09, 11:46 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Wow - and now you can go kiss all of our asses. You think someone will help you out with that kind of attitude? I was actually coming in here after I read your post to let you know I have a sealed copy of Martin (both DVD versions) for sale but now screw it. You don't get the chance to buy them off me (for only a couple of dollars since they are duplicates). Good bye.
Old 03-30-09, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Not very saintly, Jimmy.
Old 03-30-09, 02:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't have anything to say. Just figured I'd make the Saint read a pointless message and waste some valuable airtime, whatever the hell that means.
Old 03-30-09, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was out Saturday night and it was pretty warm, not hot or anything but warm for spring in Chicago. It's been in the 40's-60's for a couple of weeks. Then I woke up yesterday and saw we had several inches of snowfall overnight. Crazy, huh?
Old 03-30-09, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Preterite
I was out Saturday night and it was pretty warm, not hot or anything but warm for spring in Chicago. It's been in the 40's-60's for a couple of weeks. Then I woke up yesterday and saw we had several inches of snowfall overnight. Crazy, huh?
Old 03-31-09, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
Mine does! I'm happy that I got the AB release really cheap before it went OOP and Artisan released their version.

Oh shit...sorry...

Old 03-31-09, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Can we turn this into a Lost discussion thread? It will be like the island moved and no one knows we are here. There will be a thread in the Television section and one here for all of us stuck in the 70's. How about it? I'll see you guys Wednesday.

BTW...if anyone knows how to remove a plunger from one's ass I think the OP could use some help

Last edited by dino88; 03-31-09 at 02:09 AM.
Old 03-31-09, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Old 03-31-09, 10:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both but I am not selling them!

PS I do feel some negative waves in this thread ...............
Old 03-31-09, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by inri222
Old 03-31-09, 11:03 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by inri222
I was going to post that

Oh well, will this do?

Old 03-31-09, 03:44 PM

And so it is, some are Shepards........ and the very rest are Sheep! Most of you must not have too much going on in your everyday lives, if you have the balls to even call them lives, if you stay on a computer and try to think up funny things to say that will impress your computer friends. I've seen that some of you men, if I may label you as such, have a helluva lot of posts, some over a thousand or more. Do you own jobs? girlfriends? wives? a checkbook? How about a mortgage payment? I can only guess how many of you who posted previous ignorant things still live at home with your folks, telling yourself everyday that, "Hey, I'm saving money at least living at home, I'm so glad that I can't get a girlfriend, because I couldn't bring her home, cause I still live with my folks". Originally, I was just looking to locate a simple DVD, now you guys have brought it to another level, no problem at all. At least it must feel real good to you cowa, I mean men to have the opportunity to make idiotic comments from the safety of home, the safety of your dark room, with girlie pictures hanging up on the walls. Just picture that sad scenario, I do, that's what I picture when I see those ignorant posts. Scared little children with all the time in the world. A pretty Pathetic bunch is all I see, and I know that most of you guys feel the same way deep inside. Any one with common sense can see the exact same thing. My sincere apologies to gglass4269, thank you for trying to help out, good looking out!
Old 03-31-09, 04:09 PM

^^^ and that was the funniest thing to read in this thread. thank you!