Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Cold Snap" -- Vol. 4: Fugitives -- 3/23/09

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-09, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Heroes -- "Cold Snap" -- Vol. 4: Fugitives -- 3/23/09

Guess I shouldn't be too surprised this thread doesn't exist yet. Only looked because this might be the first time in a long time I actually watch the episode on the same day it airs.

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
HRG convinces Emile Danko, a.k.a. The Hunter, to release Tracy from Building 26, in hopes that she will lead them to Rebel. As Angela evades capture, she turns to an old friend (guest star Swoosie Kurtz) for help. In Los Angeles, Hiro and Ando continue on their latest mission from Rebel to protect the newest hero.
Old 03-23-09, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: Heroes -- "Cold Snap" -- Vol. 4: Fugitives -- 3/23/09

Isn't this the 1st Bryan Fuller scripted episode? Surprised there aren't more people going ape shit about this? Noticed also that he casted Swoosie Kurtz, formerly of Pushing Daisies.
Old 03-23-09, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the last one was the first Fuller involved episode. I don't think he's actually writing them, just advising.
Old 03-23-09, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

This is the first Fuller episode. Last few chances for this show for me.
Old 03-23-09, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
This is the first Fuller episode. Last few chances for this show for me.
The Shades of Gray thread (last ep) states that it is Fuller's first episode back. I just go by what you guys say, so I dunno
Old 03-23-09, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, that was a good episode! Can't say it's because of Fuller, though.

Baby Matt Parkman sure seemed to have a power like that dude in Pushing Daises

Gotta love NBC ruining the whole Rebel thing in the credits

Tracy redeeming herself, Peter showing up to do something bad ass, and Matt's tender moment with Daphne
Old 03-23-09, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was, by far, the best episode of the season.

I think Fuller had a lot of input. Right away Hiro got his powers back. Gave great deaths to Daphne and Tracy. I loved everything about it.

What was up with the bad guy shaving in the beginning and then Bennett getting in the limo with Ma Petrelli with the cuts on his face clearly showing Bennett just shaved? Could it be that the Danko is a shape shifter and took the form of Bennett? I know the locations are off... but there has to be a reason why that was the shaving was shown so much in detail.

Last edited by PopcornTreeCt; 03-23-09 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-23-09, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
...there has to be a reason why that was the shaving was shown so much in detail.
Perhaps it was just an homage to the BSG finale? Shaving is what Adama loves most, apparently.
Old 03-23-09, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

This was the first time since season one that I've actually liked Hiro. I love that he and Ando were calling baby Matt Parkman the Genesis baby.

It was hardly stunning that Micah was Rebel, but like was already stated they didn't need to give it away in the credits.
Old 03-23-09, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is Tracy really dead? I found the icy eye blink a little on the spooky side.

Can't believe Big Matt stole from Superman Returns.
Old 03-23-09, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No cheerleader! No Nathan! Pretty good episode.
Old 03-23-09, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
Perhaps it was just an homage to the BSG finale? Shaving is what Adama loves most, apparently.
Spoilers! Sheesh.
Old 03-23-09, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's amazing how just a few months of growth makes the actor playing Rebel so much less annoying.
Old 03-23-09, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Spoilers! Sheesh.
Adama killed Dumbledore.
Old 03-24-09, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Shit, I stopped watching about 15 minutes and I came back near the end. I guess it's off to hulu...
Old 03-24-09, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
I don't get why she would freeze herself unless she just unleashed her power to the point where she couldn't control it. As for the blink, perhaps shes like Iceman in that she can still move after being frozen over. Maybe she isn't dead but I don't see how they can get around the fact that shes been shattered into pieces.

Easily the best ep of the season and the best one I can remember for a loooong while. I do think Swoozie Kurtz and genesis baby were nods to Daisies.
Old 03-24-09, 01:35 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Did you not see Tracy wink after she shattered? Not dead.
Old 03-24-09, 02:05 AM

I can see Tracy still being alive, being that other heroes are immune to their powers (Nuclear Ted, Meredith and her fire). And I hope to god she is, because that freezing thing was fucking AMAZING; I had goosebumps the entire scene. Just awesome. Talk about high production values.

The thing I love most about Bryan Fuller being back is not only do the characters have heart and intelligence, but the females - who usually don't get as much development as the males - have a chance to shine. Daphne's scenes were brilliant and her death was gut-wrenching. This from someone who has enjoyed her in the past, but didn't really care that much about her overall.

While I have been enjoying the volume greatly, it's the depth BF brings to the characters that made this the best episode so far. Hopefully with him taking a role in the show again, it'll maintain that and have a great S4.
Old 03-24-09, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

Gotta love NBC ruining the whole Rebel thing in the credits
I agree I knew it when I saw his name.

Best episode probably the last 2 seasons.
Old 03-24-09, 06:46 AM

Awesome episode, possibly the best since season 1. Clearly Fuller had something to do with it. In a single episode he managed to make characters relevant and have us care about them. Hiro getting some powers back was great, what a waste of a good character in season 2 and volume 4 so far... Baby Matt will presumably give Big Matt a reason to care since Daphnee's dead, and wath a death. I only figured the dream when Matt started flying but good ending for her character. As for Tracy, well her death (if she really is dead) made up for her terrible flaws. Micah being Rebel, I find lame but having him back is nice. Peter pretty much had the day off and no Nathan & Claire was great. I wish they killed off Mohinder. As for Noah and Angela, well I didn't really figure out if Noah is helping her for real or what btu I do care about her character. Solid episode.
Old 03-24-09, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD

I figured she either made an ice sculpture of herself and got away, or is now like a liquid Terminator.
Old 03-24-09, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Spoilers! Sheesh.
Really? I mean this isn't the thread about that show and you may have been avoiding the BSG final thread, but that gave away nothing. Just watch it already. If you're arguing that you actually watch THIS episode before THAT, you have no sane grounds for argument.

Originally Posted by Patman
I did too. And I was kinda like "good she's dead" and "what a lame way to go" at the same time, so while I hate Tracy Larter, I'm rooting for the character to return somehow.

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
That was, by far, the best episode of the season.
I agree. There was just so much imagination in this script that was SO entirely lacking since Fuller left.

Originally Posted by Shazam
It's amazing how just a few months of growth makes the actor playing Rebel so much less annoying.
And how his voice dropped two octaves.

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Agree.

So I'm genuinely reinvigorated now. I usually don't watch this show on Monday nights any more and am glad I did this week. Wow. So much better. I can't wait to see what happens next. Finally a "to be continued..." I can get anxious about!

BTW what is up with Hiro's power now? He was only able to start and stop time and not teleport. Is that something he needs to re-learn? I was surprised that they brought back Daphne only to kill her off, though why we saw Matt envision that future in his vision quest remains to be understood. Was I the only one hoping we'd see Ma Petrelli's power in the elevator?
Old 03-24-09, 08:39 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Can someone explain to me how "genesis" ties into Pushing Diasies? I missed the last few aired episodes but don't recall it.
Old 03-24-09, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If you mean The Genesis Device from Star Trek, it's a matter of restoring/creating life where there was none.

The Genesis Device from ST2 (my limited knowledge) basically terraformed an entire planet and, as I recall,
Spoiler:
resurrected Spock.

In Pushing Daises, that was essentially the main character's power, though it had a few more rules around it.
Old 03-24-09, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Sir_Fireboard
that freezing thing was fucking AMAZING; I had goosebumps the entire scene. Just awesome.
It was probably the coolest scene in the show's history. The camera work was spectacular as well. However the scene with Daphne and Parkman looked rather cheesy, but still came off rather well.

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Really? I mean this isn't the thread about that show and you may have been avoiding the BSG final thread, but that gave away nothing. Just watch it already. If you're arguing that you actually watch THIS episode before THAT, you have no sane grounds for argument.
Check your sarcasm detector son. As for BSG, I've only seen the first season thus far.

So I'm genuinely reinvigorated now. I usually don't watch this show on Monday nights any more and am glad I did this week. Wow. So much better. I can't wait to see what happens next. Finally a "to be continued..." I can get anxious about!
Agreed. I've enjoyed this volume quite a bit, but I usually wait until the end of the week to watch. With Fuller's return I decided to watch last night, and wow... I agree with the others. Best episode in a long, long time. Solid, through and through. I don't think there was a single annoying moment. I think leaving Clair, Mohinder & Nathan out of it play a big part, but even Hiro was engaging in this one.

Was I the only one hoping we'd see Ma Petrelli's power in the elevator?
You were not the only one. I was disappointed Peter showed up. My guess is that they spent the budget on Tracy & Daphne's scenes and ran dry for Ma.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.