Search this Thread

Old 03-20-09, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Today is the Day Part 2" -- 3/20/09

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Conclusion. Jesse's submarine mission in the future impacts John, Sarah and Derek in the present; Sarah reckons with Cameron; John makes a pivotal decision.

Continuation from last week. If you haven't seen last week's episode yet, I suggest you visit Hulu or Fox.com before watching tonight.
Old 03-20-09, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Today is the Day Part 2" -- 3/20/09

I'd like to know from some of you what your issue with Jessie has been? Some people have complained about her looks, especially the mole. Some have complained about her accent. Some have complained that she's dead weight and is only there to sleep with Derek. Personally, I've never had an issue with her character.

Funny thing about last week's episode. when Jessie was drinking in the bar and the Navy guy approached her, how the hell did he know she was Australian? I don't know about all of you, but an Aussie and English accent sound quite similar and I would not have assumed right away since was an Aussie, especially since she is Asian in appearance.
Old 03-20-09, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Today is the Day Part 2" -- 3/20/09

No issues with her here either.
Old 03-20-09, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'd like to know from some of you what your issue with Jessie has been? Some people have complained about her looks, especially the mole. Some have complained about her accent. Some have complained that she's dead weight and is only there to sleep with Derek. Personally, I've never had an issue with her character.

Funny thing about last week's episode. when Jessie was drinking in the bar and the Navy guy approached her, how the hell did he know she was Australian? I don't know about all of you, but an Aussie and English accent sound quite similar and I would not have assumed right away since was an Aussie, especially since she is Asian in appearance.
Totally agree. Personally I think she's hot.

Sidenote...I usually find it very easy to tell the difference between English and Australian accents. They are similar but different enough that I can tell the difference.
Old 03-20-09, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Just dead weight. Her and Riley brought this to a screeching halt. Maybe they finally gave her something to do with Riley gone (haven't seen the last couple of episodes)
Old 03-20-09, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought this episode was excellent. Hope I'm not alone!
Old 03-20-09, 10:14 PM

Great episode. It was good to see John grow some balls.
Old 03-20-09, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

It was a terrific episode, and it tied together what they were trying to accomplish with the Jesse and Riley characters really well.

It also, unfortunately, left me disappointed because it could have been better and more emotional if they hadn't fumbled the way the Jesse/Riley storyline was cast and executed. If Riley had been truly likeable as a character, tonight could have been devastating. Instead, I was waiting for her to go as soon as she arrived on screen.

As for Jesse and the actress who plays her...I don't care about a mole on her face. What I did care about is that I never felt connected to her or her character. Her storyline did bring shows to a complete halt. I didn't even care for the stuff with her and Cutty tonight. She just didn't work.
Old 03-20-09, 10:16 PM

I agree with Timber, she was dead weight, and she did not move the story along at all. I am glad that Riley is gone, the last couple of episodes, I forgot that it was on an tuned in late. I think in it might have been a little better if Derek had found her with a dead Riley and then she has explain why she was dead.
Old 03-20-09, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I liked it a lot as well. The contents of the box being a T-1000 was very cool. Any speculation about how that ties into the John Henry/Urinator story line? Reminds me a bit of another well known Scifi show, but still it's an interesting concept that maybe there are factions of the machines who want peace and others who don't.
Old 03-20-09, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Loved this episode. If they had aired episodes like this at the beginning of the second half of the season, I think people would have kept watching.

The Ellison and John Henry storyline is one of my favourite parts of the show. It is amazing how the guy playing Cromartie was such a bad-ass and now he is a very likable and inquisitive "child." I think
Spoiler:
he is going to end up saving Ellison's life.

Was glad to see a resolution to the Jessee/Riley storyline. John was really awesome tonight. I was glad to see he knew what was going on and was doing what it took to "win," and was also glad to see it get to him at the end.

Derek was great as well. "John Connor told me to let you go. I'm not John Connor."

I like the continued exploration of different futures as well.

I don't think it will, but I'd love if the show stuck around for a 3rd Season.
Old 03-20-09, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope it sticks around as well but even if it doesn't it's still provided some interesting food for thought about the Terminator universe so even if this season is it, I'll say it was worth watching (not unlike other short lived but quality shows Journeyman, Twin Peaks, Carnivale, the list could go on.)
Old 03-20-09, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I really enjoyed the episode; there was a hint of BSG with the "will you join us" part/

Never had a problem with Jesse or Riley but it's good that they gave a solid conclusion to the storyline. But the lack of Cameron in these few episodes is leaving a gap in her story.
Old 03-20-09, 11:58 PM

This was the best episode of the season, too bad its the end of the season.Enjoyed that John can be a leader.
Old 03-21-09, 12:05 AM

Does anybody know what that song was that played in the slow motion scene at the end? I tried searching on Google using the lyrics, but nothing came up. I tried: "your messiah now here I am here I am here I am," but nothing.

I thought that this episode was great, by the way. I'm off to watch Dollhouse and BSG now (It's a good night).
Old 03-21-09, 02:01 AM

I really wish that they would have showed episodes like this right after the break. I think it would have really hooked viewers onto the show.

I think it was about FREAKING TIME that they showed John to be the future leader of humanity that Kyle Reese said in T1 that he would "die for." The fact that he suspected Riley and then followed her to figure out her back story was amazing. His scene with Jesse had me on the edge as my seats as I seriously believed that he was going to shoot her.

Please renew for anothe season!!!
Old 03-21-09, 02:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
I liked it a lot as well. The contents of the box being a T-1000 was very cool.
The past two episodes have really been great. I'm gonna be pissed when Fox cans this show.

BTW, that was a T-Triple 8 (T-888) not a T-1000.
Old 03-21-09, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by cracksky
The past two episodes have really been great. I'm gonna be pissed when Fox cans this show.

BTW, that was a T-Triple 8 (T-888) not a T-1000.

The T-888 was driving the sub, the 1000 was in the box
Old 03-21-09, 04:30 AM

I've hated everything since the UFO episode. But tonight's episode was truly awesome. It might be too little too late, though. Also, I wonder who's responsible for cleaning house on the show. First Riley, now Jessie, and someone else is supposed to go next week.
Old 03-21-09, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Like others, I didn't have a real problem with Jessi other than her and Riley didn't add anything to the show for a long while. In the end, was it worth it? I don't know. I do agree with mwbmis that if Riley had been a likable character it would have help a lot.

The Urinator's comments about "humans always disappoint" was interesting. I thought perhaps she was the T-1000 on the sub from an alternate time line where Jessi's crew didn't screw the mission and she agreed to comeback and create a less homicidal Skynet AI. But her comments don't really support that, neither does her pattern of excessive killing.

When the AI was talking to her about the "resumes" he found, I did wonder if he's really learning about the value of life from Ellison or taking his lessons from the Urinator.
Old 03-21-09, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

My biggest problem was Jessie's second-guessing Connor in the future. If we are to believe that he is humanities only hope for survival, then you have to trust in him. It is obvious that there is information coming to him that everyone isnt. If he is to lead, then follow orders.

I hate in these shows when people with no concept of the big picture think they know best and screw everything up.
Old 03-21-09, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Huh.... action and substance = terrific episode.
Old 03-21-09, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by gmanca
I really enjoyed the episode; there was a hint of BSG with the "will you join us" part/
I don't understand the question. What would prevent the T-1000 from lying and infiltrating the resistance?
Old 03-21-09, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

Before this episode, I thought the box would contain some type of time travel component. The T-1000 was definitely a surprise. I wonder if this is the actual T-1000 that is sent back in time in T2 (since it did the characteristic finger "no" motion)

One of my fav episodes of the series. I hope watching this series pay offs with T4.
Old 03-21-09, 10:02 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

fantastic episode. makes all the Jessie and Riley bullshit worthwhile.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.