Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon's Deal of the Day (3/14) - United Artists 30-Film Deluxe Giftset for $107

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Amazon's Deal of the Day (3/14) - United Artists 30-Film Deluxe Giftset for $107

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-09, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/

or

http://www.amazon.com/United-Artists.../dp/B000WC39ZO

Old 03-14-09, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Amazon's Deal of the Day (3/14) - United Artists 30-Film Deluxe Giftset for $107

Good price, but too bulky. Plus, most people already own most of these movies individually... but again, not a bad price at all.
Old 03-14-09, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Amazon's Deal of the Day (3/14) - United Artists 30-Film Deluxe Giftset for $107

Good deal, but I've never understood who this set was supposed to appeal to. Any body willing to drop that kind of money on a set of DVDs is bound to own at least some of those titles already.
Old 03-14-09, 09:28 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I bought the larger version of this set when it first came out with the 50 percent coupon bn.com gave out a while ago. I sold off all the dvd's that were duplicated that I owned. And ended up with a great set. Had to be careful as a few of the individual releases I had were superior to that in the set.

Last edited by g; 03-14-09 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-14-09, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by g
I bought the larger version of this set when it first came out with the 50 percent coupon bn.com gave out a while ago. I sold off all the dvd's that were duplicated that I owned. And ended up with a great set. Had to be careful as a few of the individual releases I had were superior to that in the set.
So how much did you get on an average for most the movies you sold considering you must have been selling them in a paper sleeve(or did you put them in regular dvd cases with artwork for the covers printed out from the internet?)
Old 03-14-09, 11:53 PM
g

I actually sold the individual releases and sold about 25 of them. I kept all the ones in the set because they have different artwork on the disk. I just kept the few individual releases that were superior like It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.
I ended up with the bigger set for under 100 dollars but it was a lot of work to sell so many releases and bn.com has not given out the 50 percent off coupon again.
Old 03-15-09, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by g
I actually sold the individual releases and sold about 25 of them. I kept all the ones in the set because they have different artwork on the disk. I just kept the few individual releases that were superior like It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.
I ended up with the bigger set for under 100 dollars but it was a lot of work to sell so many releases and bn.com has not given out the 50 percent off coupon again.

Thats not exactly what i meant,It has been my experince that people will not pay to much for dvd's in paper dvd/cd sleeves which you would have to sell these particular movies in this set unless you bought regular dvd cases and printed out artwork from the internet and inserted them into the regular dvd cases,unless you do this i can not imagine people paying more than a couple dollars a piece for these movies,and it would seem that you bought the 100 movie set? to sell 25 of them,so i was wondering if you went through the time and effort it would take to pass these off as regular dvd's in amaray cases with artwork.

Last edited by NEUMANN; 03-15-09 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-15-09, 01:30 AM
g

No basically I had bought 25 or more of the individual dvd releases prior to buying the big prestige set. Someone before said people who'd want the set would already have some of the disks. I sold off the ones I had prior to buying the set. But I ended up with far more movies for a great price.
It is true people dont tend to like paper sleeves. But they probably buy them if cheaper to comparable individual releases.