Reload this Page >

$10 Rebate for Pinnochio upgrade

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$10 Rebate for Pinnochio upgrade

Old 03-11-09, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$10 Rebate for Pinocchio upgrade

I want to believe it's a mistake, but simular to the Sleeping Beauty rebate offer. When you buy either the DVD or Blu-Ray of Pinocchio PE, there's a booklet inside with a rebate form. It reads send in the POP tabs on the back from the original, previously DVD 70th Anniversary and the Blu-Ray of Pinocchio Platinum Edition and get $10 back by mail. How can that be? They both came out the same day. They expect you to buy the DVD then go out and buy the Blu-Ray? Why would they say 70th Anniversary when it's 69.

I think it's a misprint. It should be that when you buy either the DVD or Blu-Ray of Pinnochio PE, send in the POP tabs on the back from both the old 60th Anniversary Gold Collection DVD and new Platinum Edition DVD or Blu-Ray to get $10 back by mail.

Last edited by darkhawk; 03-11-09 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-11-09, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $10 Rebate for Pinnochio upgrade

I noticed the same thing -- however I believe the rebate is only for current owners of 70th anniversary edition upgrading to 70th anniversary Blu-Ray.
Old 03-11-09, 07:34 AM

I didn't know there was one for Sleeping Beauty (there was no sticker on the box)--is that one still good?

As for the Pinnochio one, it looks like my old DVD only had one POP, which I already used for something way back--does it say anything about using the UPC code?
Old 03-11-09, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by k_lodge
I noticed the same thing -- however I believe the rebate is only for current owners of 70th anniversary edition upgrading to 70th anniversary Blu-Ray.
Was this the same for SB--only people buying the DVD and Blu version of the newest release?
Old 03-11-09, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by k_lodge
What? I don't understand this. Didn't they come out on the same day?

Can anyone confirm - If I own the Gold Classic Edition, and I buy the Platinum Edition, will I qualify for the rebate?
Old 03-11-09, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by jewellrunner
Yeah--doesn't make any sense--especially since the BR comes with a DVD--Why not just have the one release then?!
Old 03-11-09, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by kyle
I didn't know there was one for Sleeping Beauty (there was no sticker on the box)--is that one still good?

As for the Pinnochio one, it looks like my old DVD only had one POP, which I already used for something way back--does it say anything about using the UPC code?
There was no sticker on the Sleeping Beauty PE case. It's expired. As for the POP for Pinocchio, The Gold Collection Version has 2 POP. The PE has 4.

Originally Posted by jewellrunner

Can anyone confirm - If I own the Gold Classic Edition, and I buy the Platinum Edition, will I qualify for the rebate?
It don't make since. I'm going to send in the old Gold Collection and the new Platinum Edition POP tabs and see what happens.

Last edited by darkhawk; 03-11-09 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-11-09, 05:18 PM

I have two inserts in my BD case, neither of which mention a $10 upgrade offer....

Guess I missed out...
Old 03-11-09, 05:26 PM

Yes, this is the same as with Sleeping Beauty. I sent in the tabs from the blu-ray and my old SB Special Edition hoping to slip through, and just a couple of weeks ago got a reply back saying that it was only good for the new Platinum DVD. I suppose they figure that some people still on the fence about Blu-ray today may act rashly, and later in the year go HD and have regrets. It makes a little bit of sense, but I think it would be better to reward loyalty rather than ignorance (not that those who haven't gone blu yet are ignorant, just that if you plan on it eventually you'd naturally get the 3 disc that includes the dvd).
Old 03-12-09, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by phraseturner
I have two inserts in my BD case, neither of which mention a $10 upgrade offer....

Guess I missed out...
Read it. They want You to buy the new Platinum Edition, then turn around and buy the Blu-Ray, which was released the same day. Which is an upgrade.
Old 03-12-09, 09:34 PM

Im in for the rebate ... i just bought Sleeping Beauty & Pinocchio on blu-ray for 13 bucks and change ... my little sister bought the DVD version on tuesday so like i said ... im in ...