Search this Thread

Old 03-08-09, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Desperate Housewives -- "Crime Doesn't Pay" -- 3/8/09

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

While helping Tom Scavo find a new job, Bree discovers something shocking about Orson; Carlos' adulterous boss uses Gaby as his cover; Edie probes Dave's past after a chance encounter with an old acquaintance.

Old 03-08-09, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Re: Desperate Housewives -- "Crime Doesn't Pay" -- 3/8/09

Always Snooping Susan needs to die. Yeah, she made up for it in the end, but she'll do the same thing next episode.

The Tom/Lynette thing didn't make sense - you'd think she'd go for the job from the start since Tom was a slug and she's the more talented in the ad games and always been the one with the balls in the relationship.

I guess Carlos gets to keep his job.
Old 03-08-09, 09:05 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

The dinner scene was pretty funny.

The rest was meh
Old 03-08-09, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Did I miss an episode? What happened to Psycho Dave's camping trip with Mike and Katherine?
Old 03-08-09, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty good episode. Loved the dinner with Tom and Lynette. I don't think that Susan was wrong for feeling a little disappointed that Kathryn took the painting down. I understand Kathryn's reasons, but, the fact is, she lied to Susan. Orson is slowly starting to creep me out. I can't believe Maria went to the extreme that she did! Wow! Maybe Carlos will get a promotion!

As far as the camping trip, as far as I know, it hasn't happened yet. Can't wait until next week!
Old 03-08-09, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I laughed when the priest called Edie "Mrs. Dash". She is a salt substitute!
Old 03-09-09, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Always Snooping Susan needs to die. Yeah, she made up for it in the end, but she'll do the same thing next episode.

The Tom/Lynette thing didn't make sense - you'd think she'd go for the job from the start since Tom was a slug and she's the more talented in the ad games and always been the one with the balls in the relationship.

I guess Carlos gets to keep his job.
I said that to my girlfriend. Every week I just hate Susan more and more and I kept hoping she would die. At the end, when she "redeemed" herself I said the same as you. Next week she'll just fuck up in the same way so it doesn't matter. She is an incredibly unlikeable character.

I thought it was weird as well that she didn't go for the job either. Her kids are getting older, well some of them. She loved the ad game. Tom hated it, and isn't that why he got the pizza job in the first place? At least in the end it worked out I guess.

Back to Susan. If I were Catherine I would have her arrested already. She's stealing pearls. She's snooping through your basement looking for the painting. She has been the DEFINITION of the psycho ex-wife. And sure she lied to Susan about why it wasn't on the mantle. It was a painting from their honeymoon. Why didn't she just hang a picture of them having sex on the mantle?
Old 03-09-09, 11:54 AM

It's funny how Tom told Lynette that she should take the job as if the offer was still on the table. Both of them made complete fools out of themselves and they are acting like they can just walk up and accept the position. Due to TV magic I'm sure that will still happen, though.

As for Maria, she was pretty extreme in her actions, but if I'm not mistaken, didn't she state earlier in this season that he'd cheated on her before and they were working it out (even if that's not the case, they were having problems)? Maybe she was sick of hearing his bs.
Old 03-09-09, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can someone remind me how the problem between Gabby's family and the old woman Carlos massaged ended? The old woman was trying to force herself on their famiy, making their kids call her grandma, etc. How was that resolved?
Old 03-09-09, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Tom/Lynette Dinner scene was painful. When you have no income coming in, why would you sabatage a great opportunity like that? I hate the way the writers try to be cute with the pettiness but it just ruins the characters even more.
The Susan storyline is always a yawn fest. I am guessing they had to rework her whole story this season because her onscreen boyfriend is MIA due to his accident.
Please give Dana Delaney something to do other than be the..."Other Woman."
Old 03-09-09, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by mraw
It's funny how Tom told Lynette that she should take the job as if the offer was still on the table. Both of them made complete fools out of themselves and they are acting like they can just walk up and accept the position. Due to TV magic I'm sure that will still happen, though.

As for Maria, she was pretty extreme in her actions, but if I'm not mistaken, didn't she state earlier in this season that he'd cheated on her before and they were working it out (even if that's not the case, they were having problems)? Maybe she was sick of hearing his bs.
No, he said she should go back to work. He did not say that she should take THAT job, just that she should get A job.
Old 03-09-09, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
No, he said she should go back to work. He did not say that she should take THAT job, just that she should get A job.
And I'm sure that jobs are going to come a dime a dozen for a lady who's been working at a Pizza Parlor for 6 or 7 years.

Anyway, season two was terrible in that sense and Lynette and the workplace don't mix. I hope they don't go back down that road.
Old 03-09-09, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

About Lynette, I read a mild spoiler that

Spoiler:
she would be taking a job working with Carlos at his company.

Not sure what that will mean.
Old 03-09-09, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I cant see any couple staying together after that scene at the dinner table.
Old 03-09-09, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by magiccmom

I was shocked when Tom mentioned Lynette's cancer flaring back up. After all that they went through, for him to throw that in her face as ammo to get a job was in really bad taste.
Old 03-09-09, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by magiccmom
Exactly. If they both divorced in next week's episode I would be OK with that painful scene. But the resolution was completely unrealistic.

And good jobs don't grow on trees. Their ambivalent "Oh well, maybe next time" attitude about flushing that opportunity down the toilet really annoyed me - maybe because I know how hard it is to find a well-paying job these days.

Last edited by rennervision; 03-09-09 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-09-09, 10:30 PM
Suspended

great show and great episode i love how edie is getting closer to finding out who dave really is
Old 03-12-09, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Orson=thief storyline

Susan

Gabi at the hair cutter "This is why no one should get their hair cut at the mall!"

Interesting reveal about Dave, but it seemed unnecessary to have the priest explain, "Oh, sorry. I'm old school. I just assumed you'd taken your husband's name." Why not have him just say, "Sorry, Mrs. Dash" and let her think about it? Or is it because Edie wouldn't think about it?