Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Dangerman a/k/a Secret Agent Complete Series $40

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-09, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dangerman a/k/a Secret Agent Complete Series $40

Daedalus Books has the complete Patrick McGoohan series "Dangerman" a/k/a "Secret Agent" for $40 plus shipping. They are also carrying the smaller 2 and 3 disc sets for anyone who is trying to complete the series plus the original half-hour series (though why anyone would want to pay $30 for the half hour episodes when they can get those episodes plus all of the hour episodes for another $10 is beyond me). "Dangerman" a/k/a "Secret Agent" was the series the late Patrick McGoohan did immediately before the classic series "The Prisoner."

http://www.daedalusbooks.com/Product...DVD&Special=NA
Old 03-06-09, 03:38 PM

Re: Dangerman a/k/a Secret Agent Complete Series $40

I was looking at this set a few days ago, and opted on getting the complete Danger Man / Secret Agent set from amazon.co.uk which turned out to be around 35 pounds for the complete series (compared to the $300+ for the megaset on amazon.com / ebay)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Danger-Man-C...6375426&sr=8-1

Last edited by stronghold7000; 03-06-09 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-06-09, 04:23 PM

Hey Avon of the Liberator (and anyone else interested): the half-hour episodes of Danger Man are out of print in R2. The Network set you linked to is the hour episodes only.
Old 03-06-09, 04:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris-K
Hey Avon of the Liberator (and anyone else interested): the half-hour episodes of Danger Man are out of print in R2. The Network set you linked to is the hour episodes only.
The description states:

Before he was The Prisoner, Patrick McGoohan played John Drake, a secret agent for Britain's intelligence agency M9. But this unusual spy rarely carried a gun, avoided violence except as a last resort, and maintained a strict moral code. Now, all 86 episodes from John Drake’s entire crime-solving career are available together on DVD. Each episode of this exciting spy thriller is presented in the original broadcast order, from the original season that aired only in the U.K. as Danger Man to the 47 episodes of Secret Agent that were seen internationally, including the two color episodes that provided a vivid finale to the long-running suspense thriller.

According to IMDb that would represent all of them. What are you seeing to otherwise?
Old 03-06-09, 05:11 PM

The set that Daedalus Books is selling does indeed include all 86 episodes. The R2 set stronghold7000 linked to only has the 47 hour-long episodes.
Old 03-06-09, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Get 'em while you can. "Danger Man" (both versions of the Megaset as well as the individual seasons and partial season disks) is OOP in R1.
Old 03-06-09, 06:28 PM

I thought the R2 set was the entire thing, with the title being 'Danger Man: The Complete Series. Oh well.

So the R2 network set is the 'Secret Agent' episodes only then ?

Last edited by stronghold7000; 03-06-09 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-06-09, 06:47 PM

Yup. Check out the listing on Network's site --

Click!
Old 03-06-09, 06:48 PM

Thanks for that - I picked up the Danger Man 5-disc set from amazon so that i'll have all of the episodes.
Old 03-06-09, 07:09 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I can't believe the Amazon Marketplace has tripled in price in the last four or six weeks (when I last checked copies were going for $100). Looks like Daedalus is out of the megaset now (didn't see it on their website)...but for $390, I think it's time to list my copy at Amazon! --Peter
Old 03-06-09, 07:10 PM

Got it. Thanks Bob for the heads up.
Old 03-06-09, 07:29 PM
Cool New Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Must have just missed it. Oh well... maybe it will pop back up at some point.
Old 03-06-09, 07:32 PM

Wow, that Megaset at Daedalus went super fast!!!

If anyone is just looking for the half hour episodes, HamiltonBook.com has it for a better price . . . $20 plus shipping.

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamilton...oducts/7304307
Old 03-06-09, 07:55 PM

Guess I got in just in the nick of time. I almost bought it at work but then decided to wait until I got home. Then my daughter was anxious to watch something while I was trying to order and I put it off again. Then finally I got a chance to order it after dinner and I must have just snuck in before nopey23.

Last edited by bsmith; 03-06-09 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-07-09, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by stronghold7000
I thought the R2 set was the entire thing, with the title being 'Danger Man: The Complete Series. Oh well.

So the R2 network set is the 'Secret Agent' episodes only then ?
Yes, "Danger Man: The Complete Series" is just the hour length episodes done in R2. As such if you have "Danger Man: The Complete Series", you'll also need "Danger Man - The Complete First Season" to have both the half hour and hour length episodes.

It's really odd packaging and doesn't really match description wise, as you've discovered, since in England "Danger Man" was the title for the entire run while in the U.S. it was "Secret Agent" and began with S2 (the hour length eps.). As such you would think that with a title of "Danger Man: The Complete Series" you would be getting the equivalent of the U.S. package titled "Secret Agent (aka Danger Man) - The Complete Collection Megaset" which *does* have both half hour and hour episodes. Don't confuse that one with "Secret Agent AKA Danger Man Megaset" which only contains the hour length episodes. If you have that set you'll also need "Danger Man - The Complete First Season" to have it all.
Old 03-07-09, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Or if you go to Amazon marketplace you can pick up the complete first season (5 DVDs) for around $9+shipping!

Originally Posted by Bobhug
Wow, that Megaset at Daedalus went super fast!!!
If anyone is just looking for the half hour episodes, HamiltonBook.com has it for a better price . . . $20 plus shipping.
http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamilton...oducts/7304307