DVD Talk
The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 2 Discussion Thread -- Premieres 3/1/09 [Archive] - Page 2 - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 2 Discussion Thread -- Premieres 3/1/09

Pages : 1 [2]

Torchur317
04-26-09, 10:37 PM
I hate Annie but I think she will be the final with Clint unless Jesse starts raising money....

Patman
04-26-09, 10:41 PM
That was some funny stuff in the boardroom. Plus, having Jesse go off on Clint was a nice bonus.

Ronnie Dobbs
04-26-09, 10:56 PM
that was funny. Jesse James for the win.

JasonF
04-26-09, 11:23 PM
I had a very low opinion of Joan and Melissa Rivers before I watched this season of Celebrity Apprentice. It is much lower now.

I hope Trump sues Melissa for breach of contract for not doing the interview.

Daytripper
04-26-09, 11:53 PM
I think she had every right to be pissed....
Melissa got screwed, Brandi should have been fired....

Pissed? Yeah. Throwing a tantrum like an 8 year old? With the mouth of a sailor no less. No. So much for losing gracefully. I just sat watching the last 5 minutes with my mouth open. This is a contest. And one that is televised. Melissa behaved like a complete and utter spoiled rotten little bitch. Running out of the room. Then running into the room where her mom was in calling Brande and Annie whores. DEMANDING someone get her stuff immediately. Who the fuck does she think she is? Get a grip you Rodeo Drive psycho. I was actually embarrassed for her. And so wanted to punch her in the face. Too bad she couldn't feel it. And then Joan! Big surprise at her reaction. Seriously, where is that house to fall on both of these plastic witches?? BTW, did anyone notice Joan's arms at the end of the show when she was taking her jacket off? Good God! She dropped 75M on that face but she can't do anything about those raison arms? This show has done NOTHING for the reputation of Joan and Melissa. Not that they care or that anyone in Hollywood cares about them. But personally, I hate them even more after this show.

mwbmis
04-27-09, 12:33 AM
What I thought was funny is that Brande and Annie weren't teaming up against Melissa until she opened her yap and created the situation. If either Brande or Annie had been trash talking Melissa at all we would have seen a confessional that showed that.

Should Brande have been fired for this task? Honestly, I thought the women's ad was a lot better. And I like Brande. I liked her when she did the Surreal Life a few years back, and I like her on this show. Does it help that she is attractive and Melissa is a c*? Probably, but I am certainly glad she's sticking around. I was really, really getting sick of Melissa bitching in all the confessionals.

wirefan
04-27-09, 01:34 AM
Pretty damn funny... but how come noone is mentioning that either Joan is senile or she is a racist? Let's put the white man up against all the black basketball players to show how he has to be tough under pressure? What other person gets a pass saying crap like that... then the personal attacks? She's either starting to lose her mind (like the crazy ol' grandma who might say anything at the dinner table - reference Wedding Crashers!), or people are snowed by the comedian aspect and don't really take notice for what she is (mean, hateful and, at times, racist).

Based on totality Melissa deserved to go, if it was just this task then it probably should have been Annie or Brande. It is amazing how Annie got a free pass... on one hand she was taking credit for doing all of the significant work and on the other it's not her fault that they lost because of that work? Cramer had her pegged early on in the show. I did like Malissa's use of the word 'cabal' - I guess the constant tightening of the skin on her face is not putting as much pressure on the brain as I thought it might! :)

And Cramer was gold! The quick cuts to his facial expressions during the boardroom were classic and much like last week with Joe, the 'outsiders' seem to be far better at analyzing the situation somewhat objectively. Trump is clearly worried about what would be best drama-wise for the show, the Trumpettes seem mostly concerned about how they come off on TV and it just seems like the special guests are the only ones with "honest" appraisals.

I actually thought Joan might be back but if the finale is in 2 weeks then it seems like she won't, either way in the end it will come down to Annie and Clint. Jesse (or Brande) will be next to go - expect them to be on opposite teams so that Trump has an out no matter which teams wins. If Brande's on the losing team next week, Trump will use the '2 losses in a row' argument (prefaced by the 'I think you are a very beautiful, smart and talented individual' disclaimer) and if Jesse is on the losing team it will be the 'bad fund-raiser' and 'not a team player last week' argument.

And did anyone else see the irony about Melissa complaining/whining about her tendons, only to be followed by her running out of the boardroom and all over the place? Didn't seem to be all that hampered by it at that point...

Double_Oh_7
04-27-09, 06:57 AM
Wow, Melissa sure has an inflated sense of entitlement. What a spoiled bitch.

And a THREE-HOUR finale? Haven't they learned that anything longer than 90 minutes is just a bloated mess??

JasonF
04-27-09, 07:33 AM
The other thing I loved was when Trump asks Cramer what he thinks of Melissa, Cramer goes "I think ... wait -- Joan can't see this, right? She's not watching, is she?"

:lol: Cramer's scared of Joan Rivers.

:sad: I would be too.

Septemberbaby
04-27-09, 08:17 AM
If you want a decent laugh, Joan (http://twitter.com/JoanRiversQVC) has been Twittering all morning.
She is one piece of work.

Daytripper
04-27-09, 08:39 AM
If you want a decent laugh, Joan (http://twitter.com/JoanRiversQVC) has been Twittering all morning.

(Shakes head) As per, Joan just has to have the last 397,205 words.

DRG
04-27-09, 08:56 AM

That's interesting... obviously she's still on decent terms with Clint because there are only two very mildly negative references to him (even in the week on their big spat) while she openly tears into everyone else that 'crossed her' in the game.

Timber
04-27-09, 09:03 AM
Am I the only one that got the impression that Trump "promised" the Rivers something? During Melissa's wild ramblings at the end I got the impression that she thought Trump betrayed her.

TOLEN
04-27-09, 11:46 AM
While I have no love for Melissa. I think she got screwed. And as soon as Trump made a comment about how much she raised compared to the other two. I would have responded that I guess you don't need to do crap during the tasks..as long as you can call friends and raise more money. This wasn't a task about fund raising. Brandi was basically given a free pass and also told what to do to save herself. While I think Melissa may have went a little overboard at the end. I would have been pissed also.

TwineTime
04-27-09, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I think people are looking past that because they just hate Joan and Melissa, but the fundraising aspect of Celebrity Apprentice has been bullshit from the start. Say what you will about Melissa, she has been a hard worker throughout every stage of this competition. The nepotism angle is only a real insult if she skates by after doing nothing.

jeffkjoe
04-27-09, 12:07 PM
Jesse James vs. Annie Duke

TwineTime
04-27-09, 12:09 PM
Unless Joan comes back and ends up in the finals against Annie, Jesse is the only other person I'd want to see there.

Bluelitespecial
04-27-09, 02:54 PM
Jesse James vs. Annie Duke

That's what I am hoping for in the finale. I don't understand the sense of entitlement that both Joan and Melissa Rivers had. Annie or Brandi didn't gang up on Melissa to get her fired. Neither one would have been happy unless it was Mother vs. Daughter in the finals. If Jim Cramer wanted Brandi to stick up for herself she certainly did in the boardroom. If Annie makes it to the finals, it wouldn't surprise me to see Joan or Melissa comeback to sabotage her chance of winning.

chino77
04-27-09, 03:49 PM
i cant believe clints add won. jesse was right it was awful. i felt bad for jesse though when clint won...he probably felt like a tool.

DarkestPhoenix
04-27-09, 09:44 PM
I never thought Joan and Melissa were worth a shit...they're scavengers eating the crumbs off the table of the famous and then erroneously believing they themselves are a part of the privileged and entitled class.

However, this has made them even more unbearable. They both think they're so...great, when they suck as human beings. What the hell have either of them actually done? Despite Trump glorifying her, Joan is NOT funny. "I know so little about sports I signed up to be catcher on the javelin team."

Wow. Fucking funny. In second grade.

"I spent $100,000 on this face!"

You got ripped off.

Bill Needle
04-28-09, 07:07 PM
I never thought Joan and Melissa were worth a shit...they're scavengers eating the crumbs off the table of the famous and then erroneously believing they themselves are a part of the privileged and entitled class.

However, this has made them even more unbearable. They both think they're so...great, when they suck as human beings. What the hell have either of them actually done? Despite Trump glorifying her, Joan is NOT funny. "I know so little about sports I signed up to be catcher on the javelin team."

Wow. Fucking funny. In second grade.

"I spent $100,000 on this face!"

You got ripped off.
I also cannot stand that she cackles at her own jokes. If she actually ever said anything funny, she wouldn't have to constantly tell people when to laugh.

I've got news for you Joan, you only ever sat in for Carson because you have a vagina and there weren't any other choices in those days...huh-huh...you untalented classless oxygen wasting racist hag...huh-huh.

Torchur317
04-28-09, 07:11 PM
Jesse James
Yeah he's a hard worker but he really hasn't raised any money....
Clint Black has raised a decent amount already....
JJ needs to step up if he wants to win....

jeffkjoe
04-28-09, 07:36 PM
Yeah he's a hard worker but he really hasn't raised any money....
Clint Black has raised a decent amount already....
JJ needs to step up if he wants to win....

I certainly hope he pulls out the Sandra Bullock card in finale.

Double_Oh_7
04-29-09, 02:01 PM
Your hired! We get another season of this addictive madness!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090429/ap_en_tv/us_tv_celebrity_apprentice;_ylt=AkJ_wl7MJkIkJOzsev2xk.xxFb8C

Septemberbaby
04-29-09, 02:51 PM
Joan Rivers says she's going to be on Ellen tomorrow. 4/30.

wirefan
04-29-09, 05:25 PM
Do the celebs get paid for joining the show (or is it only about the charity and exposure?) It would seem like this would be a rather cheap show and in keeping with NBC's strategy. The fundraising pays for many of the challenges on it's own, and I have to think the $20K challenges are probably paid for by the company that is getting pimped, or NBC may even make money on those deals? Just a matter of time before NBC eliminates virtually all programming but reality and talk shows or maybe keeps a couple hours of comedy/drama.

If I remember correctly Jesse James made a reference as to not wanting to bring in his donors on other people's projects as he wanted that money to go to his charity. He kind of got forced into one of those $20K, non fund-raising challenges, so I would not be surprised if he has a sudden breakout on an upcoming challenge.

JasonF
04-29-09, 05:31 PM
Your hired! We get another season of this addictive madness!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090429/ap_en_tv/us_tv_celebrity_apprentice;_ylt=AkJ_wl7MJkIkJOzsev2xk.xxFb8C

Spoiler alert -- the article lists four celebrities as still in contention this season, so either it's sloppy reporting or they just spoiled this week's episode.

Bill Needle
04-29-09, 08:12 PM
Spoiler alert -- the article lists four celebrities as still in contention this season, so either it's sloppy reporting or they just spoiled this week's episode.

It actually says Black, Duke, James, Roderick, and Rivers "remain in contention."

JasonF
04-29-09, 10:04 PM
:blush: Oops -- I missed Brande's name when I read the article. Good to know they didn't spoiler her elimination.

Timber
05-03-09, 10:04 PM
Damn, I had no idea Annie had a rack like that.

Joan is so unfunny it's ridiculous.

Septemberbaby
05-03-09, 10:16 PM
I'm sad Jesse isn't in the finals.
It's very cliche that it's Anne and Joan.

FYI: Anne is on Ellen tomorrow.

zuffy
05-03-09, 10:18 PM
Joan is so fucking delusion that she think she's funny.

I agreed, didn't know Annie has a big rack. Her head just gotten much bigger with this win.

Double_Oh_7
05-03-09, 10:28 PM
Gee, who didn't see that final two coming.

Timber
05-03-09, 10:30 PM
FYI: Anne is on Ellen tomorrow.

Yeah, my wife told me that so I was assuming she was going to lose the song contest and be fired. So glad that wasn't the case.

mwbmis
05-03-09, 10:43 PM
Once Clint was fired the final two was obvious. Too bad because fund raising is such a big thing the only one who had a real shot at Annie was Brande.

Joan is such an angry woman. And the greatest comic icon alive. Ok Joan. She's probably in the discussion strictly among women alone, but come on.

As for the preview for next week the teams look interesting.

Brande for Annie and Melissa for Joan were absolutely givens, but Joan also picking Clint. Uh ok. Herchel is a nice pick. Annie's other picks are bizarre beyond belief. Rodman and Tom Green. I don't get that.

wirefan
05-04-09, 01:35 AM
Once Clint was fired the final two was obvious. Too bad because fund raising is such a big thing the only one who had a real shot at Annie was Brande.

It took you to Clint's firing for it to become obvious? :) Once Joan was back, I was not sure why they bothered with the 1hr 58min (or so) of filler. If Annie's team lost Brande would have been eliminated and Clint and Jesse would have been interviewed off. It was obvious (even before the task) that either Clint or Jesse were going to be PM - if Clint didn't volunteer, Trump would have guilted Jesse into doing it as he could not afford to have Joan go down in flames as a PM and justify keeping her around. So in the event they lost, the PM (Clint or Jesse) would go. Either way there was no way for it to end up without the final 2 being Annie and Joan, before the challenge was even mentioned.

If I were Jesse I would have slashed and burned on the way out and would put Trump on the spot and asked if Trump was going to choose drama and celebrity for the finale over merit (though if he did this it would have been just edited out). Both Jesse and Joan did a TERRIBLE job fundraising and Jesse clearly outworked Joan throughout the show, so the "will you be able to fundraise?" garbage was Trump trying to slime out and generate an excuse for choosing Joan (as Joan had the same issue). The 'she's a hardworker for her age' is a bunch of crap and again goes against the idea of merit - if she performs equivalently (or worse) then others it's judged to be better because of her age? And for her to say if Brande had her face she wouldn't have made it thus far was not an insult just to Brande but to Trump as well, and Trump was too stupid (or too caught up orchestrating the finale) to realize it.

While the outcome was obvious and clearly the shows are orchestrated to get there, I'm a bit disappointed at how transparent Trump was getting there. My guess is it will end with Annie winning with an attempt at portraying Annie as a cut-throat, sharp, win at all cost champion and Joan the valiant "she tried really hard especially for her age" runner-up. They will try to give her a complete pass on her shots at bulimia, personal and vindictive attacks on three different people, her racist comments during the Right Guard challenge and praise her for her 'hard' work.

And I guess Trump found religion and has no issues with people just walking out and quitting and allowing them to come back.

CreamyGoodness
05-04-09, 03:50 AM
I've been thinking Don Jr's hair is as bad as his dad's. As I was watching last night, it hit me....

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5660/donaldtrumphostsdayreck.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6277/planetapes3.jpg

chino77
05-04-09, 09:28 AM
does trump always pick the final 2 like that?
sad to see jesse go. i wish he would have said a bit more though when he kept getting grilled about sandra. he really kept his cool...i know i couldnt have.

siddd5
05-04-09, 10:21 AM
Tough to tell who's got more mileage, joan or jesse.

Jesse is the oldest looking 39 year old male i've seen in a while (lindsay lohan is the oldest 22 year old femaile).

i missed it. why did clint black get fired?

jonnyquest
05-04-09, 11:24 AM
i missed it. why did clint black get fired?
He was project mgr. of the losing team.

Double_Oh_7
05-04-09, 11:44 AM
He was project mgr. of the losing team.

Not just that, it was a music writing task and he got beaten by Annie and Brande :(

Daytripper
05-04-09, 12:59 PM
Joan is such an angry woman. And the greatest comic icon alive. Ok Joan. She's probably in the discussion strictly among women alone, but come on.

She said something about being the biggest comedienne in the world. And then saying something like she was also huge in England. Wrong on both counts.

Bill Needle
05-04-09, 01:20 PM
does trump always pick the final 2 like that?
sad to see jesse go. i wish he would have said a bit more though when he kept getting grilled about sandra. he really kept his cool...i know i couldnt have.

:lol: at Piers: When I asked him about his wife I thought he was going to kill me with his bare hands.

Torchur317
05-04-09, 02:03 PM
Clint song & radio spot was much better than the other team, he got screwed....
Jesse didn't try to fight his way to the end so I wasn't surprised....

GMan2819
05-04-09, 03:33 PM
Clint song & radio spot was much better than the other team, he got screwed....
Jesse didn't try to fight his way to the end so I wasn't surprised....

The reason why Annie & Brande won was because Clint's jingle was deemed too country and appealed to a much smaller audience. Plus, the execs mentioned something about something being mentioned only once while Annie & Brande mentioned it 3 times in their spot.

hasslein
05-04-09, 03:43 PM
I was no Brande fan, I don't even think she good looking, but I think they way she was let go was B.S. She did much better than anyone expected, to let her go the way they did, they should have never had her on the show in the first place.

All Jesse had to say was Sandra would be on the show and Trump would have picked him... maybe...

SuperJim88
05-04-09, 03:56 PM
I was no Brande fan,

Fine, we don't all love the same thing.

I don't even think she good looking,

Now you're just crazy.

Although I agree with you though, the final should have been Brande and Annie.

JasonF
05-04-09, 05:47 PM
Cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck SPLASH!

(Seriously, if she had tried to sell that stupid joke one more time, I was going to get on the first plane to New York and beat the crap out of her)

SexualPudding
05-04-09, 06:47 PM
I hope you bring a nice sturdy weapon to bludgeon her with. I wouldn't recommend hitting that face with your fists.

zuffy
05-04-09, 09:54 PM
Cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck SPLASH!

(Seriously, if she had tried to sell that stupid joke one more time, I was going to get on the first plane to New York and beat the crap out of her)

After she told that most dumb fuck unfunny joke to Donald, even Donald was speechless.

wirefan
05-05-09, 03:10 AM
All Jesse had to say was Sandra would be on the show and Trump would have picked him... maybe...

No way! Once Annie and Joan were put on separate teams, it was just a matter of whittling people off to get down to those two. If it were merit based Trump would have taken Jesse over Joan as Jesse clearly outworked Joan and both apparently sucked at fundraising.

Trump was merely digging for an excuse, if it wasn't about fundraising through Sandra, it would have been his laid back misdemeanor or some other contrived reason. With all of this, there was no challenge of Joan's lack of fundraising even though it was said in an earlier episode that there was some overlap between Trump's circle and Joan's circle and she had access (if she chose) to some super-rich people.... yet Trump didn't ask if JOAN was going to access that in the finale or challenge her as to why she couldn't get those folks to pony up during the duration of the show.

Joan was all about ratings - racism, non PC statements, personal attacks, and poor performance on SEVERAL tasks were ignored because of the perception that some drummed up conflict between her and Annie would be better TV.

Aphex Twin
05-06-09, 02:24 PM
OK, the entire season passed and we did not get ONE task that took advantage of Brande's looks. Couldn't they have been given a task that involved selling lingerie or swim wear or something?

Trump did a very good job getting Carol Alt and Brande in back-to-back seasons. Who would you guys rather do?

Double_Oh_7
05-06-09, 04:03 PM
Trump did a very good job getting Carol Alt and Brande in back-to-back seasons. Who would you guys rather do?

No contest... Brande.

JasonF
05-06-09, 05:08 PM
OK, the entire season passed and we did not get ONE task that took advantage of Brande's looks. Couldn't they have been given a task that involved selling lingerie or swim wear or something?

Brande modeled some of the jewelry during the auction, plus there was at least one task where they had to pull in business off the street -- and I know if Brande were asking me to come eat her cupcakes, I'd be willing to cross the street for that.

Aphex Twin
05-06-09, 05:14 PM
Brande modeled some of the jewelry during the auction, plus there was at least one task where they had to pull in business off the street -- and I know if Brande were asking me to come eat her cupcakes, I'd be willing to cross the street for that.

I was thinking about that, but the jewelry thing was more of trying to exploit her friend's boner for cash than an entire task or marketing campaign. I guess I'll give you the first task, but only a little bit.

I think I'd rather do Brande too, in addition to being smokingly gorgeous, she's very cute and friendly, but Carol Alt isn't that far behind.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Celebrity_Apprentice/images/portraits/carol_alt.jpghttp://www.makeup.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/carol-alt-picture-3.jpg

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/pics/celebtriyapprenticeciospics/brande.jpg http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/10/02/amd_brande_roderick.jpg

hasslein
05-06-09, 08:00 PM

No contest, Claudia Jordan.

Aphex Twin
05-06-09, 08:50 PM
No contest, Claudia Jordan.

She's not in the Carol vs. Brande choice.

That would be Claudia Jordan vs. Tiffany Fallon choice.

Other choices:
Natalie Gulbis vs. Jennie Finch
Omarosa vs. Annie

Mok
05-06-09, 09:40 PM
I like Annie she is hot and sexy.

zuffy
05-06-09, 09:43 PM
Who would ever pick Omarosa over anyone? Fuck, I would take The Rivers over her nasty ass.

SexualPudding
05-07-09, 12:10 AM
I like Annie she is hot and sexy.

While I wouldn't go as far as to say she's hot, I do agree that there's something sexy about her. Maybe it's the assertiveness. Plus, she gives one hell of a blowjob. Just ask her. Brande, while I concede that she is much better looking, just doesn't do it for me at all. For someone who I think is in her mid-30's, she looks a hell of a lot older to me-more like late 40's. She actually reminds me a lot of Shannon Tweed. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but not really my cup o' tea.

Truth be told, I kinda have the hots for Khloe Kardashian. I don't really know why, but I do.

Aphex Twin
05-07-09, 04:05 PM
While I wouldn't go as far as to say she's hot, I do agree that there's something sexy about her. Maybe it's the assertiveness. Plus, she gives one hell of a blowjob. Just ask her. Brande, while I concede that she is much better looking, just doesn't do it for me at all. For someone who I think is in her mid-30's, she looks a hell of a lot older to me-more like late 40's. She actually reminds me a lot of Shannon Tweed. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but not really my cup o' tea.

Truth be told, I kinda have the hots for Khloe Kardashian. I don't really know why, but I do.

I've actually felt Brande would age well. She just has that look. I've never rated Khloe due to her weight, but I think I'd take Ivanka over them all besides for Brande.

Jack Straw
05-07-09, 07:32 PM
As a total aside, I just Wiki'd Jesse and found that in addition to getting Sandra Bullock, he was married to porn actress and former penthouse model Janine Lindemulder.

Carry on.

Jack Straw
05-07-09, 07:41 PM
Since no one else mentioned it, I loved how Brande was fighting off the dumb blond bimbo stereotype, and then mixed up the spelling of "shit" with "crap" and laughing hysterically about it. She definitely convinced me.

Aphex Twin
05-08-09, 01:53 PM
Since no one else mentioned it, I loved how Brande was fighting off the dumb blond bimbo stereotype, and then mixed up the spelling of "shit" with "crap" and laughing hysterically about it. She definitely convinced me.

She also didn't really avoid the slutty stereotype by flirting with everyone in sight, including the fabricators, Don Jr., The Don, David Lee, calling Jessie and Herschel "cute", fawning over Annie, etc.

Patman
05-08-09, 02:04 PM
As a total aside, I just Wiki'd Jesse and found that in addition to getting Sandra Bullock, he was married to porn actress and former penthouse model Janine Lindemulder.

Carry on.

Probably a horse.

misterchimpy
05-08-09, 11:07 PM
Probably a horse.

Well, she was XRCO's 2006 MILF of the Year! Oh yeah, and she's in prison at the moment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janine_Lindemulder

hasslein
05-09-09, 06:38 PM
Probably a horse.

That was one of my first thoughts when I saw the cast... Rodman, McKnight, & Walker are all notorious for ... Then there is Jesse... Trump? Trump Jr ? Who do you think is the true King?

submit your "there should be a poll" jokes now.

Aphex Twin
05-09-09, 07:52 PM
That was one of my first thoughts when I saw the cast... Rodman, McKnight, & Walker are all notorious for ... Then there is Jesse... Trump? Trump Jr ? Who do you think is the true King?

submit your "there should be a poll" jokes now.

What are Rodman, McKnight, & Walker notorious for? Serious question.

hasslein
05-09-09, 09:47 PM
What are Rodman, McKnight, & Walker notorious for? Serious question.

Look at Patman's response to Jesse being married to a pornstar, quoted in my post...

Then I mention poll (pole) jokes....

2+2=?

(not being a jerk, I just don't want to say it outright)

Double_Oh_7
05-09-09, 10:40 PM

Just saw a rerun of G-String Divas on HBO the other day and Annie was on it! And she was showing everything! She had a hot body, but this was back in 2000 when the show first aired.

Jack Straw
05-09-09, 11:44 PM
Has Jesse ever been on Howard Stern? Man, no doubt that guy has some great stories in him. However, good luck getting anything out of him. I know very little about Sandra B., but she doesn't seem like someone who wouldn't even like, let alone marry someone with his background and one-dimensional "man of very few words" personality. The guy must be hung like a Clydesdale.

Aphex Twin
05-10-09, 12:11 AM
Look at Patman's response to Jesse being married to a pornstar, quoted in my post...

Then I mention poll (pole) jokes....

2+2=?

(not being a jerk, I just don't want to say it outright)

Are you saying they have big penises? What's the reason behind that implication? Is it because they are black?

hasslein
05-10-09, 01:11 AM
^ Not because they are black(or PC African-American), it has been in print... testimonials from women...

Septemberbaby
05-10-09, 06:55 AM
3 freakin hours tonight!

OY!

God bless the person who invented the DVR.

Bluelitespecial
05-10-09, 09:38 AM
Survivor will be three hours next Sunday. I won't get off of work until 8 so I'll catch the end of this. Out of the lesser of two evils, I hope Annie wins.

bwvanh114
05-10-09, 09:11 PM
This week update: Yep, Joan Rivers is still a bitch.

DarkestPhoenix
05-10-09, 10:01 PM
Fucking stupid.

Never won shit or raised the same level of money...for someone who knows all the people in the 'business' you think she would have called some folks. Especially when Jesse was picked apart for the same thing. You know he had to pick her because she was his 'friend' and not doing so this bitch would hold a grudge.

Fucking thing sucks!

bwvanh114
05-10-09, 10:05 PM
Trump picked a vile, despicable person over someone who consistently won as team leader, raised more money throughout the season, won more money on a team with Dennis Rodman and Tom Green, and held under constant personal attacks? Even Jesse James who worked with Joan Rivers didn't back her stating he'd choose Annie to win instead.

I think it came down to Trump thinking about next season.. Who would be a better guest judge in the boardroom, Joan Rivers or Annie Duke who most people don't know.

Oh well. The better person lost today.

cmleidi
05-10-09, 10:09 PM
I don't watch this show regularly, but didn't Rivers win because she was voted the best in three out of the five requirements? Seemed like a foregone conclusion after that or do the previous wins play a bigger part?. Not being a regular viewer, Annie Duke is the one that came across as vile and underhanded.

bwvanh114
05-10-09, 10:12 PM
Oh and major kudos to Clint Black answering Trump's question:

Trump: Who would you fire?
Clint Black: Your editor (of the show).

AJW
05-10-09, 10:12 PM
Attention Donald Trump. I'd actually like to see a few minutes of the winner celebrating and the loser being pissed off. Every year you pick the winner during the last 60 seconds of the show. Can we not budget some time into the ending of your three hour extravaganza for some reaction time from the participants?

Septemberbaby
05-10-09, 10:26 PM
Oh and major kudos to Clint Black answering Trump's question:

Trump: Who would you fire?
Clint Black: Your editor (of the show).

My sister said that he was a guest on her country music radio station a few weeks ago.. and he was NOT happy with the way he was being portrayed.... not happy at all.
So, I'm not surprised he said that.

I think Joan's bi-polar behavior was part of her strategy. Anne had her's so Joan had to do something. Shrug.

Glad it's over.

stingermck
05-10-09, 10:37 PM
Glad it's over.

Amen. I should've stopped after the first episode when Dice was fired. And Trump barely let him speak tonight.

I wanted Annie to win because in the end she played a very cut throat, business like game. Joan freaking out about being the cause of the designers quitting was crazy, accusing Annie of lying. I wish they would've rolled tape right there. She just could not accept the fact that someone didn't want to work with her.

JasonF
05-10-09, 10:47 PM
Clearly, Trump wanted Joan to win and was going to do whatever it took to make that happen. Joan's behavior was indefensible and Annie was clelarly more skilled at the game. We saw no indication during the actual game that Joan had won the "other three criteria" -- all we saw was the Kodak exec praising Annie's brand integration -- and I am convinced that they simply announced that Joan had won all three because there would be no way to prove that she hadn't (they were subjective) and it gave Trump a plausible basis to declare her the winner.

I remember a few years ago, on one of the non-celebrity versions of this show, one of the contestants self-depricatingly refered to himself as white trash and Trump fired the guy on the spot. Meanwhwile, Joan calls Annie worse than Hitler and Trump doens't care. From this, I can only conclude that Donald Trump is a white supremacist.

mwbmis
05-10-09, 11:02 PM
I agree with most people who've posted. This was such a horseshit decision.

Joan should have been fired long before tonight, but based on tonight alone she should have been fired for making the party planners have nothing to do with the show and then lying about it.

And Joan's event....drag queens...really? That's what Kodak wanted associated with their product? That was better branding? And that's the "criteria" Joan won on. What a joke.

I assume Natalie didn't show up b/c she was at a tournament, but I hope that Khloe told Trump where he could go when she was invited back.

zuffy
05-10-09, 11:05 PM
Completely BS. Joan won because Donald dont' want to embarrass Joan. It's that simple. It's OK though, this season made an ass of the Rivers anyway.

Finisher
05-10-09, 11:09 PM
Total fucking joke. Annie outperformed Joan on every level. Joan was full of lousy ideas, raised no money and was such a pain in the ass the event planner quit (guy has his own show btw and is not the hack Joan was making him out to be).

TruGator
05-10-09, 11:13 PM
Clearly, Trump wanted Joan to win and was going to do whatever it took to make that happen.

This was the only episode of the season I watched and this is the impression I came away with. I couldn't believe they didn't make a bigger deal out of the designer quitting because of Rivers...and then she called Annie a liar about the whole thing. Huh?

Patman
05-10-09, 11:18 PM
I loved that Annie got faked out by the Donald as he summarily crushed her dreams of being the new Celebrity Apprentice.

Tom Green slayed me in most of his footage in this finale.

Steam
05-10-09, 11:25 PM
Didn't like either of them. Annie deserved to win but I'm happy she didn't. What an annoying ego on this bitch.

I loved that Annie got faked out by the Donald as he summarily crushed her dreams of being the new Celebrity Apprentice.

Tom Green slayed me in most of his footage in this finale.

Agree with both points. The stupid Annie smile and raised hands right before he dashed her dreams with an "Annie, You're Fired". Awesome.

And Tom Green was once again the man this episode. Fired way too soon.

Finisher
05-10-09, 11:34 PM
I couldn't believe they didn't make a bigger deal out of the designer quitting because of Rivers...and then she called Annie a liar about the whole thing. Huh?Joan could've stabbed someone at the event and she still would've won. Nothing really mattered since Trump obviously thought Joan was the bigger star.

I don't even like Annie but the way Joan painted her as a two faced, dishonorable liar was pure projecting. Earth to Joan, it's a competition, there's nothing wrong with trying to win, which was all Annie was doing. None of Joan's ridiculous accusations had any merit whatsoever.

Torchur317
05-10-09, 11:41 PM
I'm so glad Annie lost, I hated that bitch with a passion!!!!
Joan slayed her in everything but fund raising tonight....

hasslein
05-11-09, 12:09 AM
I liked Brande's blue dress...

Daytripper
05-11-09, 12:20 AM
Yeah, the decision was fucking bullshit. Clearly the best man lost. Annie is a much better leader, decision maker, hard worker and business person. And not once did she bow or sink to the vicious level that witch did. Joan Rivers is the most despicable and vile human being I've ever seen. And her hideously ugly daughter is a close second. How on earth can anyone like her?

mwbmis
05-11-09, 12:27 AM
I don't even like Annie but the way Joan painted her as a two faced, dishonorable liar was pure projecting. Earth to Joan, it's a competition, there's nothing wrong with trying to win, which was all Annie was doing. None of Joan's ridiculous accusations had any merit whatsoever.

The thing is that Annie consistently proved that she wasn't the vile things that Joan said about her. How many friends does Annie have? She seemed to have a pretty unlimited supply of people willing and able to help her with just about anything at the drop of a hat. Nasty, vile people don't usually have that unless they are paying them.

William Fuld
05-11-09, 12:50 AM
I've always liked Tom Green, but if that traffic light had decapitated him it would have been the greatest thing ever.

briank
05-11-09, 12:53 AM
what I don't get is.......

They can edit the show any way they want.

With what they showed throughout the season, it showed Joan and Melissa very negatively with all the quotes and attacks (Hitler, whores, etc etc).

Joan didn't "win" much, wasn't much of a "leader", didn't "raise" much.

...and with the final task, again I don't think the drag queens brought much to the table.

Again through the entire season Anne showed (or atleast the edits showed) not only able to raise money for charity, but that she knew how to "play the game" of Apprentice (while Joan just complained, threw a fit - especially if Melissa was being challenged, etc).

I'm sure some disagree and "hate Anne" and "love Joan" from the start, but overall it doesn't appear that the majority of the public or the viewers feel that way (especially in consideration of in terms of the "game").

So it's appears the Donald wanted to hire his friend, or she would hold a HUGE grudge. I can't imagine the producers in general could agree (after showing Joan basically scare off the planners and having / making the charity do the work themselves vs. Anne having the "business / Apprentice" connections).

Again, if they knew / wanted Joan as the apprentice from the beginning they should have edited the show differently from the beginning.

At the end of the day, I believe this was a last minute GIFT to Joan from NBC / Producers / Trump.
Because they had her so pissed off / grudge, they just threw her a bone since she is bigger in the "entertainment industry" and by winning the show it could help "redeem" her characterization she received from the show and it could be downplayed after the fact, since it "couldn't have been that bad what she did, because after all she 'won'".

briank
05-11-09, 01:04 AM
The thing is that Annie consistently proved that she wasn't the vile things that Joan said about her. How many friends does Annie have? She seemed to have a pretty unlimited supply of people willing and able to help her with just about anything at the drop of a hat. Nasty, vile people don't usually have that unless they are paying them.

agreed.

And I think Annie summarized it best in her closing arguments.

"if the competition is about raising money....she did better"
"if it's about winning more challenges.....she did better"
"if it's about winning / doing stuff as project manager...she did better"

Joan really didn't do much throughout the show, really did she?
In terms of contribution / production on the jobs, other than provide (negative) entertainment (what will she say next type stuff).

So obviously where Annie was "wrong" was what this competition was about.

this is very unlike prior years.
Atleast last year you can easily argue that Pierce was a stronger player than "nice guy" Trace.
And you could agree / disagree in any regular season of Apprentice decisions, but I would think you could atleast see some of the rationale of atleast an argument that the "best player" won.

I think it's very hard to argue that what Joan did throughout the season in terms of production and contribution warranted anything close to winning...............other than providing some sort of entertainment with the feuds.

Finisher
05-11-09, 01:06 AM
The thing is that Annie consistently proved that she wasn't the vile things that Joan said about her. How many friends does Annie have? She seemed to have a pretty unlimited supply of people willing and able to help her with just about anything at the drop of a hat. Nasty, vile people don't usually have that unless they are paying them.Right. I'm saying Joan was projecting onto Annie her own attributes. Joan lied throughout the season, she was two faced and unrelentingly vicious. Basically Joan was all the things she accused Annie of being.

Annie's brother is Howard Lederer (we saw him in the final challenge) who co-owns Full Tilt Poker, the biggest online poker site. 30+ poker pros co-own, sponsor and make money off the site. Her brother has the largest ownership stake and I've read he makes close to 1 million per month from the site. Hence, Annie can call for favors and money is literally no object with these people.

mwbmis
05-11-09, 01:07 AM
...and with the final task, again I don't think the drag queens brought much to the table.

And that's the biggest thing I don't get. I'm sure the drag queens were fun, and that there was more energy in the room because they were there, but it just seems almost preposterous that a company like Kodak would willingly choose a charity event populated with drag queens versus the classy event Annie seemingly put on.

And that's the criteria Joan won the show on.

wirefan
05-11-09, 01:18 AM

Well, that's just because they are mafia people, it's not like they have real jobs :)

Ok does anyone think the whole designer quitting at the last minute was not completely staged by Trump or the show? Right down to the 'don't bring the cameras in here' or we will lose out on all the good boardroom drama and maybe find out the truth. Call me a conspiracy nut, but things around that whole situation seemed too damn convenient.

While the outcome was clear 1/2 way through the season, I kept holding out hope that Trump would do the right thing and show himself as a businessmen who can make sound, unemotional decisions... but the TV producer in him won out.

I found it amusing that Joker Jr (Melissa) wouldn't even own up to being embarrassed and admit her temper tantrum was maybe a bit over the top. I think the audience learned a lot about the character of people in how they handled themselves during adversity. And just once you were starting to get an ounce of sympathy for Dennis and after he spoke nicely ( I can't quite say eloquently) about Chuck Daly's passing, he gets all vindictive with Jesse...

Last few things:
- Joan had more of a celebrity presence at her event? Who, Kathy Griffin and some other folks you wouldn't know until they put the subtitle identifiers in? It looked like a VH1 reality show, right down to the drag celebrity impersonators.
- Clint was gold about telling Trump he should fire the editors! Trump (or I should say the producers) really went out of their way to paint Annie as a ruthless person to justify the outcome. (and clearly this was done to others throughout the show.

Perkinsun Dzees
05-11-09, 01:22 AM
It was great to see Joan win. Been a fan of hers for a long time and she really brought a lot of class and dignity to the whole competition. The promotional piece about her charity almost brought a tear to my eye. It's obvious that she cares a great deal for it. In the end, Joan was the best leader and more creative than everybody else. It was also great to see Joan and her daughter team up for the victory (I only wish Joan would have aged gracefully and followed Melissa's lead in refusing to get any plastic surgery).

Annie was too cutthroat for my taste, especially when she actually tried to blame Joan for her own designer quitting on her rotfl. I think Annie trying to throw the blame on others instead of just accepting responsiblity for her own mistakes played a big part in her downfall. Yes, Annie raised the most money, but as Joan pointed out, that money is of a questionable nature. Joan's money is 100 percent clean. Annie's....

I also thought Joan did a much better job of getting celebrities to attend her auction. I didn't recognize any of the celeb guests at Annie's event, whereas Joan got A-listers like Kathy Griffin, Kyle McLachlan and Bette Midler to attend.

In the end, I thought Trump picked the right person to win.

CrashNBurn69
05-11-09, 02:34 AM
Annie was too cutthroat for my taste, especially when she actually tried to blame Joan for her own designer quitting on her rotfl.

I also thought Joan did a much better job of getting celebrities to attend her auction. I didn't recognize any of the celeb guests at Annie's event, whereas Joan got A-listers like Kathy Griffin, Kyle McLachlan and Bette Midler to attend.

it WAS joans fault that the event planners wanted nothing to do with the show. Kathy Griffin? A-lister? seriously? and wasnt that a bette impersonator?

GMan2819
05-11-09, 02:55 AM
It was great to see Joan win. Been a fan of hers for a long time and she really brought a lot of class and dignity to the whole competition.
Wow. Just Wow. -ohbfrank-

dino88
05-11-09, 03:48 AM
It was so weird. I was watching NBC tonight and they had a 3-hour long Kodak commercial on. They even managed to fit commercial breaks into the commercial. Strangest programming I've ever seen.

dino88
05-11-09, 03:54 AM
It was great to see Joan win. Been a fan of hers for a long time and she really brought a lot of class and dignity to the whole competition. The promotional piece about her charity almost brought a tear to my eye. It's obvious that she cares a great deal for it. In the end, Joan was the best leader and more creative than everybody else. It was also great to see Joan and her daughter team up for the victory (I only wish Joan would have aged gracefully and followed Melissa's lead in refusing to get any plastic surgery).

Annie was too cutthroat for my taste, especially when she actually tried to blame Joan for her own designer quitting on her rotfl. I think Annie trying to throw the blame on others instead of just accepting responsiblity for her own mistakes played a big part in her downfall. Yes, Annie raised the most money, but as Joan pointed out, that money is of a questionable nature. Joan's money is 100 percent clean. Annie's....

I'm thinking this whole post has to be a joke, but I just thought I'd point out the funniest lines.

wirefan
05-11-09, 04:09 AM
I'm thinking this whole post has to be a joke, but I just thought I'd point out the funniest lines.

I prepared a response, then looked at the handle Perkinsun Dseez and assumed it was all sarcasm...

or maybe Joker Jr reads DVDTalk and is defending her Mom yet again? Though this is probably unlikely given all the time she spends 'producing' shows on E, in fact I'm not sure how she managed to squeeze Apprentass in...

CliffStephenson
05-11-09, 04:18 AM
Yeah, I don't know if this is the effect Trump wants his decision to cause, but I've pretty much decided after tonight's show that I won't be partaking in CA season 3. The inevitable outcome of this season was rather disturbing. I was not a big Annie fan from early on in the season (would rather have seen Brande or Jesse take it), but Joan (and especially Melissa) showed that they are the worst kind of human beings. I really couldn't understand why everyone was always falling all over themselves to worship at the feet of Joan. Joan complained week after week about all the things Annie would say behind peoples' backs (her beloved Melissa was just as bad, if not worse and Joan was no saint when it came to badmouthing Annie and Brande and Clint and...).

It was pretty much cemented that Trump knew he wanted Joan to win looooonng ago and made every attempt to ensure that that happened. Trump fired Khloe for a DUI that happened a year before she was ever on the show. Trump fired Tionne for coming into the boardroom in support of her teammates. Trump essentially fired Dice for quitting. Joan throws tantrums, Joan brings in no money and horrible ideas to the challenges (cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, splaaaash! Really?!?!?), Joan walks out on the show after Melissa's firing... and nobody seemed to notice anything.

And was anybody else laughing at the "celebrity" attendees Joan was asking for? Impersonators for Bette Midler, Barbra Streisand, Liza Minnelli, Carol Channing, and Joan Rivers? Does Joan realize it's not 1979 anymore? Can you image how surprised Joan must have been to discover that there's no longer a single person in New York City that professionally impersonates Charo, Barbie Benton or Rose Marie! Good job Trump, your celebrity apprentice's reference for current pop culture is old episodes of The Love Boat. I'm sure she'll be f*****g cutting edge in the boardroom!

The ironic thing was that when the season began, I actually liked Joan Rivers in a nostalgic kind of way. She was one of the people I liked most when the shows began, but the way she revealed herself to be an unpleasant, shrill, hypocritical person behind the jokes was enough to turn me off to her forever. To insult poker players as "trash" and "members of the mafia" while she, herself, gained quite a bit of her fame and fortune performing for those same Mafiosos and trash poker players during years and years and years on the Vegas strip (back when it was much more mafia run than it is during the current Annie Duke period of time) is insulting to anyone with any intelligence. I would venture a guess that Joan has worked with/for a lot more mafia types than Annie has ever run across.

So congrats Donald, your refusal to fire one of the worst players in the show's history forces me to do you one better; I'm forced to fire "The Apprentice" from my DVR!

CreamyGoodness
05-11-09, 05:25 AM
I don't watch this show regularly, but didn't Rivers win because she was voted the best in three out of the five requirements? Seemed like a foregone conclusion after that or do the previous wins play a bigger part?. Not being a regular viewer, Annie Duke is the one that came across as vile and underhanded.

They threw in enough 'requirements' that they could twist the results any way that they wanted. Even when Annie brought in almost three times the amount for her charity than Joan did. Bravo guys!

Also, I must have been watching a different show than you... I always sort of liked Joan Rivers, but in watching the entire season, SHE is the one who came off as a vile and hateful person. If I never hear anything about her again I'd be happy.

Probably the similar to the way these people, who got took by the Trumpster felt...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008824545_trump07.html

Didn't like either of them. Annie deserved to win but I'm happy she didn't. What an annoying ego on this bitch.

Agree with both points. The stupid Annie smile and raised hands right before he dashed her dreams with an "Annie, You're Fired". Awesome.

She has the satisfaction of knowing that she did a better job on EVERY level. It's Trump's (and the producers') disgrace that they lied just to let Joan Rivers win.

I'm so glad Annie lost, I hated that bitch with a passion!!!!
Joan slayed her in everything but fund raising tonight....

Yeah, because nothing is more entertaining than drag queens. -rolleyes-

Ok, that's the funniest post in this entire thread!

stingermck
05-11-09, 07:02 AM
CliffStephenson, well said :clap:

tcoursen
05-11-09, 07:23 AM
I didn't watch the show, but saw all the commercials. So I popped in here to see who won.

I wonder if this will have an effect on Trump being able to do another celebrity apprentice. Will possible celebs say screw it, I'm not Trumps friend, he is just gonna pick a friend to win.

stingermck
05-11-09, 07:30 AM
I didn't watch the show, but saw all the commercials. So I popped in here to see who won.

I wonder if this will have an effect on Trump being able to do another celebrity apprentice. Will possible celebs say screw it, I'm not Trumps friend, he is just gonna pick a friend to win.

Nah, the c-listers he will pick, will just be happy to be on TV.

Daytripper
05-11-09, 08:36 AM
It was great to see Joan win. Been a fan of hers for a long time and she really brought a lot of class and dignity to the whole competition (snip)

Did you actually type that with a straight face??

General Zod
05-11-09, 08:43 AM
Haven't read all the posts in here but after scanning just the last few I think I'm just joining the chorus here..

I started out liking Joan Rivers and not really knowing anything about Annie Duke and at the end of the show I can't stand Joan Rivers and have a tremendous amount of respect for Annie Duke. The decision was about as wrong headed as it possibly could have been. If the one who consistently produces positive results week after week and brings in the most money for charity isn't the one who wins.. then they really need to rename this show "celebrity Donald likes best".

mphtrilogy
05-11-09, 09:17 AM
Wow, glad I bailed in week 3 this season.

JasonF
05-11-09, 09:20 AM
Annie was too cutthroat for my taste, especially when she actually tried to blame Joan for her own designer quitting on her rotfl.

I'm curious. You saw Joan piss off the designer. You saw the designer quit on Joan. You saw Annie go down to the designer's office. You saw the designer take Annie aside and explain what had happened (though out of sight of the camera). You saw Annie come out and immediately explain that the designer had quit because of Joan.

In light of all of that, why do you think that Annie was trying to falsely blame Joan for the designer quitting?

zuffy
05-11-09, 10:03 AM
I can actually say I am completely done with this show.

sinned
05-11-09, 10:20 AM
What a load of crap. It was obvious that Trump wanted to pick her friend over the better competitor..... never mind that the friend walked out on him just because her spoiled bratty daughter got fired. They spent 5-10 minutes discussing and showing the fund-raising and charity integration aspect & literally 5 seconds saying Joan won the other 3 categories. I truly believe Trump had decided before the finale that she would pick Joan to win no matter what and even had Piers (who was the male equivalent of Annie last season) say that he preferred Joan.

Donald Trump - you're fired!

Perkinsun Dzees
05-11-09, 11:12 AM
I'm curious. You saw Joan piss off the designer. You saw the designer quit on Joan. You saw Annie go down to the designer's office. You saw the designer take Annie aside and explain what had happened (though out of sight of the camera). You saw Annie come out and immediately explain that the designer had quit because of Joan.

In light of all of that, why do you think that Annie was trying to falsely blame Joan for the designer quitting?

There was no actual footage of Annie being told that her designer quit because of Joan. It was all Annie's word against Joan's. And I believe Joan more than I do a poker player. Besides Joan did nothing to warrant her own designer quitting. She didn't even raise her voice to him once. He was either just being a major douchebag or else the show's producers set it up for him to quit just to add drama to the show. Joan deserved none of the blame for him quitting.

Frankly, I'm surprised at all the Joan bashing. The woman shed tears when she discussed her charity. Tears! I saw no tears from Annie when she talked about her charity, proving that she is a fraud who is only supporting the charity to make herself look good. Heck, Joan even went over and hugged Annie after it was all over, proving what a classy woman she is considering that Annie had earlier said she wanted Joan to "die."

It was pretty clear that most of the people at the show wanted Joan to win. Did you hear all the booing for Annie and all the cheering for Joan? And when the celebs were asked who should win, the majority (Scott Hamilton, Dennis Rodman, Trace Adkins, etc) said Joan.

It seems like a lot of viewers were fooled by the show's biased editing, which tried to make Joan look bad at certain points during the season. Why do think when Clint Black was asked who should be fired, he said "the editors"? He was referring to how the show was trying to make Joan look like a villain in order to pump up the ratings. In the end though, Joan's integrity shined through and she proved to be a very deserving winner.

General Zod
05-11-09, 11:23 AM
:lol: I'm surprised there isn't more Joan bashing. Really this isn't an angel woman or someone we should respect. People who run around calling people worse than Hitler (I know she probably doesn't give a crap but people like myself who had family members directly affected by the holocaust really don't appreciate it when people like Joan make a punch line out of the whole thing) and all the other crap she said. Joan's goal was to be mean and abrasive all the way along because she knew her friend Trump would never fire her no matter what she did. So she was there to just do things her way, put people down, resort to childish name calling, get her bratty kid a bit more in the spotlight, and then coast into an easy victory that she didn't deserve.

And this is coming from someone who really liked Joan at the beginning of the season.. Now I really despise her. Perhaps it's the editors to blame but the Joan I saw isn't someone I like at all and especially not someone who deserved to win.

As far as this show is concerned the batch of characters they got this season was a big step down from the year before and, based on this outcome, I can only expect it to get worse. Next year we'll probably see Pauly Shore, Carrot Top, Rod Schneider, and Eugene Levy (Actually... I'd probably watch that).

TwineTime
05-11-09, 11:38 AM
A lot of you sound really sensitive.

stingermck
05-11-09, 11:44 AM
Tears!

:lol:

General Zod
05-11-09, 11:48 AM
A lot of you sound really sensitive.

Meh I just like seeing winners win and losers lose. Didn't happen here.

sinned
05-11-09, 11:58 AM
The woman shed tears when she discussed her charity. Tears! I saw no tears from Annie when she talked about her charity, proving that she is a fraud who is only supporting the charity to make herself look good.

I need to remember this next time I talk about my charity :)

Here is the website of the event designer who quit: www.davidtutera.com

I wonder why Trump didn't just announce the official reason why the designer quit.... I'm sure the producers know when something like this happens and try to mend the situation first before letting them quit.... Trump not revealing why the designer quit during the finale plus allowing Joan to keep interrupting during the final boardroom meant that the fix was in.

Double_Oh_7
05-11-09, 12:02 PM
Geez Louise, people- you're getting worked up over the Celebrity Apprentice!! Neither Joan nor Annie are Saints. These people are going to crawl back into their D-list holes and never be heard from again.

Jacoby Ellsbury
05-11-09, 12:04 PM
I didnt see the season finale as I was busy watching the celtics and red sox games. But as soon as Jesse James was knocked off there really wasnt anyone worth rooting for. I tuned in this year to watch Rodman and Tom green, and Dice Clay, it was all downhill after they got booted. Not too many likable characters.

dino88
05-11-09, 12:22 PM
But what did she really win? Even after the 250k (plus what she made during the auction), Annie still made more for her charity than Joan.

Doesn't Joan Rivers have something to do with QVC? And Trump's daughter is trying to pimp her own jewelry line. I'm guessing you'll be seeing Joan promoting that jewelry very soon.

As for Melissa Rivers never having plastic surgery...that's like saying Clint Black has never worn a cowboy hat.

Torchur317
05-11-09, 12:26 PM
rotfl :lol:@ everyone getting all upset Annie lost Celebrity Apprentice....
Annie is a total bitch & she's a piece of shit, why do you care?
Joan slayed her in the final task besides fund raising, she deserved it....

Daytripper
05-11-09, 12:50 PM
rotfl :lol:@ everyone getting all upset Annie lost Celebrity Apprentice....
Annie is a total bitch & she's a piece of shit, why do you care?

Hey, you're in the minority here pal. Being on Team Joan. So laugh all you want. And there is no bigger excrement that Joan Rivers.

General Zod
05-11-09, 01:16 PM
I wonder why Trump didn't just announce the official reason why the designer quit.... I'm sure the producers know when something like this happens and try to mend the situation first before letting them quit.... Trump not revealing why the designer quit during the finale plus allowing Joan to keep interrupting during the final boardroom meant that the fix was in.

Exactly. I've been in many boardroom meetings and either Trump doesn't know how to run a boardroom or no boardroom rules apply to Joan Rivers. Obviously the later is the situation. Trump probably didn't announce why the designer quit because he didn't want Joan to get beat up but at the same time he allowed Joan to call Annie a liar over and over so it became pretty obvious, I think to everyone, that Trump just wanted to give a crappy old lady a victory so that's what he did.

If this was really about an "apprentice" Annie would have won hands down.. That's why I said it really needs to be called something else if none of that really matters.

TwineTime
05-11-09, 01:22 PM
Meh I just like seeing winners win and losers lose. Didn't happen here.

Tell me something...Had Annie won 3 out of the 5 criteria for the final challenge, would it still have been bullshit?

Plus it's hard to take a lot of the whining seriously when the last few pages were about wanting to bang Brande and how awesome it is that Annie gives a mean blow job.

General Zod
05-11-09, 01:33 PM
Tell me something...Had Annie won 3 out of the 5 criteria for the final challenge, would it still have been bullshit?

Plus it's hard to take a lot of the whining seriously when the last few pages were about wanting to bang Brande and how awesome it is that Annie gives a mean blow job.

I think Annie could have won 5 out of 5 criteria and Joan still would have won the whole thing. As it is I think Annie won 3 out of the 5 because I don't think those pathetic look-a-likes should be considered celebrities at all. Unfortunately they edited out and glossed over any and all details about that so the viewer has no clue how that decision was made and I strongly feel that was done purposely to tilt the victory to Joan without making it look like Trump fixed it for her. I think a lot of us didn't fall for it. However, for those who love Joan Rivers, ignorance is bliss. I think Clint Black said it best when he said Donald should fire his editor.. except his editor is likely only doing what Trump tells him to do anyhow.

And I haven't been the one talking about the other stuff. I've been focusing on just Joan and Annie and who I think the real winner should ought to have been.

Finisher
05-11-09, 01:41 PM
The 3 categories Joan "won" were purely subjective. Kathy Griffin and a bunch of tranny look alikes over Joe Frazier, Bernard Hopkins, Phil Hellmuth? I mean, I guess. If a bunch of trannies running around constitutes good "atmosphere," I guess Joan "won" that category as well. Honestly can't even remember the third category Joan supposedly "won."

Septemberbaby
05-11-09, 01:58 PM
Here's is David Tutera's statement (http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=22964758067&topic=9589) on his Facebook page.
He shouldn't be too ticked... any PR is good PR.

I wondering why Joan didn't have someone from QVC there.. those people could sell you the Brooklyn Bridge... they would have done a good job talking up the auction stuff.

TwineTime
05-11-09, 02:20 PM
The 3 categories Joan "won" were purely subjective. Kathy Griffin and a bunch of tranny look alikes over Joe Frazier, Bernard Hopkins, Phil Hellmuth? I mean, I guess. If a bunch of trannies running around constitutes good "atmosphere," I guess Joan "won" that category as well. Honestly can't even remember the third category Joan supposedly "won."

The tranny lookalikes contributed more to the overall atmosphere of the event. I wasn't surprised Joan won on celebrity. To most people off the street, Kathy Griffin, Kyle MacLachlan and hell, probably even Constantine Maroulis, are more instantly recognizable than any of Annie's stars.

As for ignorance being bliss, did you fail to notice Annie's general douchiness?

CreamyGoodness
05-11-09, 02:29 PM
Geez Louise, people- you're getting worked up over the Celebrity Apprentice!! Neither Joan nor Annie are Saints. These people are going to crawl back into their D-list holes and never be heard from again.

Well GEEZ LOUISE, dude. You're actually wasting YOUR time and working yourself up to post a message in this thread.

:hscratch:

dino88
05-11-09, 02:30 PM
The tranny lookalikes contributed more to the overall atmosphere of the event. I wasn't surprised Joan won on celebrity. To most people off the street, Kathy Griffin, Kyle MacLachlan and hell, probably even Constantine Maroulis, are more instantly recognizable than any of Annie's stars.

Who? Yes, they are all definitely more recognizable than a living legend like Joe Frazier.:hscratch:

maingon
05-11-09, 03:44 PM
Sad to see Joan win, I cant stand her or her daughter. They look like mutants. the constant attacks from Joan and donald just sat there. The only one out of everyone that I wanted to win was Jesse.

I just wish they would go back to the regular apprentice. the celebrity version isnt nearly as fun to watch as its mostly about raising money by people you know, then also why even call it Apprentice? when they win all they do is get money for there charity. at least before they were competeting to actually work for Donald Trump.

Why is Donald Trump such a kiss ass to Rodman? Also when Jesse said if you werent so stupid, you would know its because I care about you" and Trump jumps in saying thats not nice etc, yet when Joan sat there attacking Annie he just sat there.

TwineTime
05-11-09, 03:53 PM
Who? Yes, they are all definitely more recognizable than a living legend like Joe Frazier.:hscratch:

I'm not talking about people you know.

I'm talking about the recognizability factor of a wacky redheaded comedienne, the dude from Desperate Housewives or the guy with the long hair from American Idol.

Whether it makes you angry or not, most people off the street would know the people at Joan's party over Annie's guests.

stingermck
05-11-09, 03:58 PM
Whether it makes you angry or not, most people off the street would know the people at Joan's party over Annie's guests.

Yup, I recognized the guy from Showgirls.

TruGator
05-11-09, 04:01 PM
Here's is David Tutera's statement (http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=22964758067&topic=9589) on his Facebook page.
He shouldn't be too ticked... any PR is good PR.

What does it say? That link only takes me to my facebook homepage.

GMan2819
05-11-09, 04:36 PM
What does it say? That link only takes me to my facebook homepage.

David Tutera was asked to be a part of The Celebrity Apprentice season finale by the show’s producers. As a celebrity event planner and designer for over twenty years, David was happy to assist Joan Rivers and Annie Duke in throwing a party as their final challenge. The name nor mission of the charity organization were not disclosed, despite numerous requests by David and it quickly became evident that Joan cared more about integrating the corporate sponsors into the event than benefiting the actual charity. As a true philanthropist, David Tutera believes in giving back and works tirelessly with the Prevent Cancer Foundation, The Alzheimer’s Association and GLSEN: Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network. Joan Rivers’ unprofessional actions and attempts at creating false drama were unexpected and offensive. Rather than respond to Joan’s personal attack and participating in an event where the true focus was clearly forgotten¸ David graciously stepped away from the situation.

Linky (http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Tutera-the-Party-Planner/22964758067#/pages/David-Tutera-the-Party-Planner/22964758067?v=info&viewas=0)

sinned
05-11-09, 05:22 PM

This is like saying Basketball Team 1 slayed Basketball Team 2 by having more rebounds, more assists, more 3 point shots, etc...... besides the total number of points (final score). All other categories are only important because they support the creation of points. Similarly, the other "criteria" (categories) of the final task (celebrities, brand integration, charity integration, overall experience) are only important if they can generate more funds for the event & for the charity.

Since nobody has mentioned this before, here are the final numbers:
Annie: $465,000
Joan: $150,000

the action
05-11-09, 06:35 PM
Bringing in money wasn't the sole criteria...if you take out all the poker players I bet she raised less than Rivers. Rivers knew she would lose in fundraising, just like Trace Atkins did last yer. Being a poker player, surrounds you with people who have money. No one on the show could of raised more money than her, but the show isn't called "The Fundraiser". Annie played the game best out of everyone, but watching the finale she definitly lost that last task. That gave Trump his opening to give it to Rivers. I also think Trump didn't want to scare off other celebrities who might think only cut throat business people like Piers or Annie could win the game. I think if this was the first season, Annie probably would have won, but with Piers being picked over Trace Adkins, I think Trump wanted to go with the sentimental favorite. BTW..I didn't see Annie's best friend David Lee there.

hasslein
05-11-09, 08:24 PM
I was pulled in by Claudia Jordan and stayed for the ride, this was the only season I didn't quit after two shows, but I'm not watching any more seasons. Obviously rules don't apply, I'm glad Kloe didn't show up for the finale, the whole season was a joke...

Double_Oh_7
05-11-09, 09:50 PM
Say what you will, but Joan Rivers IS a legend. Nobody has had the ups and downs she has, and she survived them all. Annie would be lucky to have HALF the career Joan has had.

JasonF
05-11-09, 10:24 PM
Say what you will, but Joan Rivers IS a legend. Nobody has had the ups and downs she has, and she survived them all. Annie would be lucky to have HALF the career Joan has had.

I'm sorry. You seem to have confused Celebrity Apprentice with Celebrity Shirveled Up Hag. I don't care what Joan Rivers has done in her career. As impressive as her longevity is, it's got nothing to do with the show. Otherwise, they could just give the award to Carl Reiner in the first episode and call it done.

Patman
05-11-09, 10:27 PM
The real question is whether or not Annie either suffered a tough beat with Joan pulling a 2-outer on the river, or if Joan already had the nuts and Annie was drawing dead on the river.

Daytripper
05-11-09, 10:49 PM

Apples and oranges. Joan's an entertainer. Annie isn't. And while Joan might be an excellent designer and sales person for the QVC, she's a horrible comedienne and always has been. Her "jokes" consist of just making fun of people or slandering them. There are no stories. No impersonations. Just calling people sluts, fat or idiots. Here are two classic examples from the days when she filled in for Johnny Carson. "Elizabeth Taylor is so fat, when he got her ears pierced, gravy came out". And "Bo Derek is so dumb, she saw a sign that said 'Wet Floor'....so she did". That's pretty much the jist of her stand up. If she's had many "downs", she deserved every one of them.

General Zod
05-11-09, 11:01 PM
I'm sorry. You seem to have confused Celebrity Apprentice with Celebrity Shirveled Up Hag.
:lol:

wirefan
05-12-09, 04:19 AM
The real question is whether or not Annie either suffered a tough beat with Joan pulling a 2-outer on the river, or if Joan already had the nuts and Annie was drawing dead on the river.

It was obvious Annie was 'cold-decked' (for you die hard poker fans out there).

stingermck
05-12-09, 07:07 AM

Legend for what? All I know is Joan is the old woman my mom likes on QVC.

chino77
05-12-09, 07:16 AM

i wonder that too. what is she well known for? other than hosting the tonight show and red carpet... i have never heard of her doing anything else significant.

its funny how when jesse called rodman "stupid" trump jumped all over him and tried to cut him off. but when joan called anne much much worse things he didnt give 2 shits. i really think the donald has a crush on rodman.

anne really should have won. i felt bad when she thought she won for a brief second...it also made me laugh though.

Bill Needle
05-12-09, 07:42 AM
What an effing joke that the Hag beat Annie. I had no problem with Trump pulling the Hag into the final to generate drama, since there can only be one winner anyway who finishes second is virtually irrelevant. But that Trump actually gave it to that racist, talentless, shrill beast of a sack of scar tissue was patently ridiculous.

JasonF
05-12-09, 09:02 AM
i wonder that too. what is she well known for? other than hosting the tonight show and red carpet... i have never heard of her doing anything else significant.

She was doing stand-up when you could count the number of women doing stand-up on one hand. So I do admire her stamina in the industry and I certainly think she's got a lot to be proud of. That said, her peformance on this show is not something she should be proud of, and it's an embarassment to Trump that he picked her over Annie.

Perkinsun Dzees
05-12-09, 11:51 AM

Joan Rivers blazed a path for generations of hip and edgy female comedians. Without her there would be no Kathy Griffin or Sarah Silverman. She was also one of the first celebs to openly admit to having plastic surgery.

nazz
05-12-09, 01:18 PM
Any idea what Dennis said to Jesse about his wife that got bleeped? The other celebs looked truly shocked.

By the way, the thing I hate the most about this is the participants being judged by how much money they can squeeze out of everybody they know.

Also, as much as I dispise Rivers' behavior, the planner suggesting lounge chairs was a crappy idea.

stingermck
05-12-09, 01:42 PM
Any idea what Dennis said to Jesse about his wife that got bleeped? The other celebs looked truly shocked.

It was in reference to Jessie not raising money, so Dennis said something along the lines "Your wife makes 20 million dollars a fucking movie..."

stingermck
05-12-09, 01:43 PM
Joan Rivers blazed a path for generations of hip and edgy female comedians. Without her there would be no Kathy Griffin or Sarah Silverman. She was also one of the first celebs to openly admit to having plastic surgery.

I dont think she had to admit to it....

SkullOrchard
05-12-09, 03:14 PM
It was in reference to Jessie not raising money, so Dennis said something along the lines "Your wife makes 20 million dollars a fucking movie..."
It wasn't bleeped on Hulu.

Doc Moonlight
05-12-09, 04:39 PM
I'm egarly awaiting Joan's next appearance on Howard Stern to hear more of the backstory.

GMan2819
05-12-09, 04:46 PM
The Trump family is intimately involved with Gods Love We Deliver. Blaine Trump, wife of Robert Trump (Donald's brother), sits on the Board of Directors. Linky (http://www.godslovewedeliver.org/about_directors.html) Donald has such a huge ego and he doesn't want to be seen as less than generous when it comes to his charity. For Annie to raise $450k to Joan's $150k is a slap in the face so to even things up, he had to pick Joan to win ($150k + $250k for winning).

It could be true.......:shrug:

jonnyquest
05-13-09, 12:38 PM
This is like saying Basketball Team 1 slayed Basketball Team 2 by having more rebounds, more assists, more 3 point shots, etc...... besides the total number of points (final score). All other categories are only important because they support the creation of points. Similarly, the other "criteria" (categories) of the final task (celebrities, brand integration, charity integration, overall experience) are only important if they can generate more funds for the event & for the charity.

Since nobody has mentioned this before, here are the final numbers:
Annie: $465,000
Joan: $150,000The FINAL final numbers:
Joan: 3 out of 5
Annie: 2 out of 5

The whole point of having 5 criteria is so the teams would have to focus on multiple aspects during a time crunch. I wouldn't be surprised if the pullout of the planners/designer was orchestrated to increase the pressure even more. Let's face it, Joan's planner was pretty lame; I doubt a high-level NYC firm with a chance at nationwide TV exposure is gonna really be that lame. Many viewers didn't like the fact that asshole Piers won last year, but they still respect the fact that he raised the most money and moneyraising was the single overriding main criteria of last season's finale, so he won "fair and square", asshole or not.
But many posters in this thread are putting their personal criteria above Trump's criteria, insisting that fundraising overrides everthing every time, regardless of how the rules/criteria of the challenge are laid out. Even Annie fell into that trap. Annie's strategy seemed to be "I'm gonna bury that bitch Joan with all my poker friends' money." Joan's strategy was "I know I'm gonna lose on fundraising, so I must excel in the other 4 criteria." Joan's strategy worked out better than Annie's strategy. End of story.

UngersPride
05-13-09, 04:02 PM
The Trump family is intimately involved with Gods Love We Deliver. Blaine Trump, wife of Robert Trump (Donald's brother), sits on the Board of Directors. Linky (http://www.godslovewedeliver.org/about_directors.html) Donald has such a huge ego and he doesn't want to be seen as less than generous when it comes to his charity. For Annie to raise $450k to Joan's $150k is a slap in the face so to even things up, he had to pick Joan to win ($150k + $250k for winning).

Blaine Trump is Vice Chairman of Gods Love We Deliver, and Joan Rivers also sits on the Board of Directors of this charity.

Hmmm.... sounds like a conflict of interest to me.....

mwbmis
05-13-09, 05:28 PM
The FINAL final numbers:
Joan: 3 out of 5
Annie: 2 out of 5

The whole point of having 5 criteria is so the teams would have to focus on multiple aspects during a time crunch. I wouldn't be surprised if the pullout of the planners/designer was orchestrated to increase the pressure even more. Let's face it, Joan's planner was pretty lame; I doubt a high-level NYC firm with a chance at nationwide TV exposure is gonna really be that lame. Many viewers didn't like the fact that asshole Piers won last year, but they still respect the fact that he raised the most money and moneyraising was the single overriding main criteria of last season's finale, so he won "fair and square", asshole or not.
But many posters in this thread are putting their personal criteria above Trump's criteria, insisting that fundraising overrides everthing every time, regardless of how the rules/criteria of the challenge are laid out. Even Annie fell into that trap. Annie's strategy seemed to be "I'm gonna bury that bitch Joan with all my poker friends' money." Joan's strategy was "I know I'm gonna lose on fundraising, so I must excel in the other 4 criteria." Joan's strategy worked out better than Annie's strategy. End of story.

And the things Joan "won" 3 out of five on were all highly subjective. It allowed Trump to get any result he wanted. Obviously he wanted Joan to win no matter how good or bad she was during the show.

wirefan
05-14-09, 04:48 AM
And the things Joan "won" 3 out of five on were all highly subjective. It allowed Trump to get any result he wanted. Obviously he wanted Joan to win no matter how good or bad she was during the show.

Forget subjective - people are just assuming each category was binary (all or nothing) and 3>2... what if the 3 categories Joan won were all close and the 2 Annie won, she smoked Joan (which she did in fundraising and apparently on the charity recognition category as well). What if each category was 10point each? There's a reason why absolutely no detail was given on how things were scored...

Folks thinking this was a fair and merit based decision need to stop drinking the same koolaid that Trump is serving. Look at the event planner story, the narrowing down of the contestants in a ridiculous manner over the past few weeks of the show, the fact that Trump sits on the board of the winning charity, the friendship Joan & Trump have... this show is more rigged than an NBA playoff basketball game.

Bill Needle
05-15-09, 04:49 PM
Not ot mention the fog of war Trump hid behind in the final moments. Basically they argued about whether the Crypt Keeper caused the planner to quit, then Trump said what a great job they both did, then he just sort of said, "Oh by the way, Annie your fired" cue the credits. I couldn't help but notice that not a lot of time was spent justifying his ridiculous decision.

freshticles
05-15-09, 05:52 PM
The decision was bullshit. Joan Rivers didn't make any impact on the game whatsoever, other than 'cluck cluck, splash'. She was irrational, useless, loud and hard to look at. Annie played the shit out of the game. She organized, she made money and she was instrumental in all of her team's victories. The same can not be said for Joan at all.

spoon81
05-15-09, 07:28 PM
With Annie's history and desire to win, I can't imagine how steamed she was at Trump's decision. Has she made any sort of public comment?

Daytripper
05-15-09, 07:50 PM
The decision was bullshit. Joan Rivers didn't make any impact on the game whatsoever, other than 'cluck cluck, splash'. She was irrational, useless, loud and hard to look at. Annie played the shit out of the game. She organized, she made money and she was instrumental in all of her team's victories. The same can not be said for Joan at all.

Not to mention Rivers can't take any type of critique or criticism whatsoever. And if you do, she goes right for the jugular. With the most vile and vicious attacks. Along with her equally vile daughter. She is truly one despicable creature.

wirefan
05-16-09, 02:40 AM
Not to mention Rivers can't take any type of critique or criticism whatsoever. And if you do, she goes right for the jugular. With the most vile and vicious attacks. Along with her equally vile daughter. She is truly one despicable creature.

Nicely done, sir!

While I was one of the people worked up about the "vile and despicable" outcome - I have realized I either need to accept that it is pointless to consider merit over drama or stop watching the show. I guess I'll have to see what D-listers they get for the next season and evaluate what the train-wreck potential is.

I now realize if I had watched with the intention of seeing what drama Joker and Joker Jr could stir up and if it was possible for them to become even more irrationale as the weeks went on, I would have found the show a lot more enjoyable.

JetSter735180
05-30-09, 12:18 PM
I'm sorry, I'm late here, I had Recorded the last 3 shows i since i didn't have time to watch them and.....I was completely shocked of the ending. It was clearly Annie who should have won, it wasn't even close.

And the whole Joan saying Annie was a liar, it was pretty clear Annie was right about the Event Planner quitting because of Joans. I loved Joans before the show, I have now lost all respect for her, because of what she has done and said on this show.

Annie,in my mind, you are the Celebrity Apprentice.

I have been watching Apprentice since season 1, but I do not believe ill be watching again. This season has been a let down in Trumps decision.

Mr. Trump, you are fired!

DarkestPhoenix
05-31-09, 12:58 AM
I don't watch this show regularly, but didn't Rivers win because she was voted the best in three out of the five requirements? Seemed like a foregone conclusion after that or do the previous wins play a bigger part? Not being a regular viewer, Annie Duke is the one that came across as vile and underhanded.

Yes, but when you've been fucked out of a true design team due to your opponent's retardation, that tips the scales a little bit.

Joan had her secondary designer already in the bag, Annie had to scramble to come up with anything...even if they DIDN'T like her party decor as much, it's still impressive she accomplished what she did without notification or resources, and then Joan calling Annie a liar when SHE HERSELF IS THE FUCKING LIAR when she says she didn't chase him away made me just want to slap that bitch back to her plastic surgeon.

Those who say Joan won on the five criteria overlook the fact that hamstringing your opponent through your own inability to work with others are being disingenuous, when the reality is that she won due to a personal friendship/professional relationship with Trump himself, making the whole show an exercise in futility by all other players.

DVDMagic
05-31-09, 09:16 PM
I could have sworn that Trump said that 'The Apprentice' would be back next season, but I was under the impression that it would revert back to the old style with regular people vying for a job within the Trump organisation.

However, checking the NBC site and The Celebrity Apprentice page it appears as if we'll be treated to a 3rd season of 'The Celebrity Apprentice'.

I wonder who they'll drag up now?

DarkestPhoenix
05-31-09, 11:07 PM
What a load of crap. It was obvious that Trump wanted to pick her friend over the better competitor..... never mind that the friend walked out on him just because her spoiled bratty daughter got fired. They spent 5-10 minutes discussing and showing the fund-raising and charity integration aspect & literally 5 seconds saying Joan won the other 3 categories. I truly believe Trump had decided before the finale that she would pick Joan to win no matter what and even had Piers (who was the male equivalent of Annie last season) say that he preferred Joan.

I will also tell you this: I'll bet Joan had no intention of ever coming back.

I would also bet that Donald called her or spoke with her and guaranteed victory if she returned. I wondered that when she came back, as a matter of fact, as I found it odd that he wouldn't even recognize her original departure.

DarkestPhoenix
05-31-09, 11:07 PM

Smoking.

Fucking.

Gun.

dino88
06-01-09, 01:24 AM
Since this has been bumped I thought I'd mention that Dennis Rodman is going to be on the new season of Celebrity Rehab. I think Joan and Melissa should sign up too. Isn't continuously injecting rat poison into your body a drug problem too?