Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

disk or hardware problem with the Abyss?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

disk or hardware problem with the Abyss?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-00, 08:23 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Samsung 709 and I've noticed problems moving from chapter to chapter late in the special edition of the movie. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it another problem with the Samsung 709 firmware which might need to be updated again? (I wasn't happy I had to do it to play the Matrix but at least Samsung was good about updating the firmware instead of blaming the disk for being too good). Any information will be appreciated.
Old 03-21-00, 04:19 PM
Topgun94

The Abyss uses seamless branching. I believe it is causing problems with a few brands of players. Not sure if there is a fix for it.

------------------
Aaron
My DVD List
Old 04-09-00, 11:23 AM

I'm having problems too. I have a Zenith DVD2200 (with the upgraded firmware) and it lays about 2 minutes of each chaptert then skips to the next one. Really sucks. Everything on disk 2 works great though.

Carpe
Old 04-12-00, 01:20 AM

I watched the whole thing on my Pioneer 525 player with no skips or glitches @ all. I was very impressed with the quality of the disc too. They made very good use of surround effects that really made the disc way worth buying. I thought the tape sounded good when I first got it (pre-DVD days for me) and was very impressed by the sound since this was the first time I had watch a VHS version then the DVD version right in a row. Also I thought the director's cut was much better than the theatrical release. Although the huge standing tidal waves were a little corny.