DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and the Damned

ElementZ
02-16-09, 09:09 PM
Ummm, doesn't this come out tomorrow? Let's get some discussion going.

Mok
02-16-09, 09:26 PM
Yup tomorrow, and I can't wait. I have been trying to finish GTA4, but I hate that last mission.

Fandango
02-16-09, 09:41 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172816

fumanstan
02-16-09, 10:17 PM
Yup, no one seemed to care a whole lot in the GTA4 thread. I'm waiting on my order to come from Amazon.

CKMorpheus
02-16-09, 10:38 PM
Can not WAIT to play this... I, unfortunately, will have to! I'm away on vacation till Friday!

WTF?

bunkaroo
02-16-09, 11:28 PM
Yup, no one seemed to care a whole lot in the GTA4 thread. I'm waiting on my order to come from Amazon.

I thought this is a download. What is Amazon sending? A disc?

fumanstan
02-16-09, 11:31 PM

It looks like stores have a box that include a code to download the DLC. I know Gamestop has the same.

Ravenous
02-17-09, 03:11 AM
How come the PS3 isnt getting this?

bee_01
02-17-09, 03:17 AM

Comes with a code card and a poster, hopefully in a case. Preorders also got 3 months of free live.

bee_01
02-17-09, 03:18 AM

Microsoft paid $50 million or some absurd amount of cash for exclusive rights to the DLC.

SonOfAStu
02-17-09, 05:33 AM

PS3 owners have better games to worry about this month (KZ2).

mhg83
02-17-09, 06:14 AM
PS3 owners have better games to worry about this month (KZ2).

Fanboy?

steebo777
02-17-09, 06:24 AM
I so wish this was coming out on the PS3, but there is some other solid games coming out for it already. Hopefully PS3 owners see the DLC later in the summer to get us through the drought.

SonOfAStu
02-17-09, 06:58 AM
Fanboy?

Why? Because I think KZ2 is a better game and I would rather play that?

Mok
02-17-09, 06:59 AM
Well I played for about a hour so far. One thing I have to say I don't like is the grain filter they apply to the dlc. Luckily there is a option to turn it off. I tried to pick up a hooker while on my bike, but it didn't work. Driving in formation with your crew heals you and gives you body armor, although your crew is not always around for that. So far so good, I will play a little bit more later tonight.

discostu1337
02-17-09, 09:58 AM
Grabbed it this morning...took about 25min to download, much better than I expected. I'll probably try it out tonight after I get sick of Street Fighter 4, but I have little expectations for the DLC. I thought the game itself was merely average, and much prefer Saint's Row. I can't complain too much though...I got it for free, and it'll add some achievement points to my score :)

DRG
02-17-09, 10:04 AM
I was playing GTA4 again last night in anticipation of this, getting readjusted to the controls and picking up a few achievements I missed along the way. Between Lost & the Damned and all my Rock Band songs, my tiny original HD is finally starting to feel the crunch.

To anyone who has played this... are there any sort of 'collectibles', like the hidden packages/pigeons/etc.? What about stunt jumps, collecting cars, or other 'checklist' style side activities?

chess
02-17-09, 10:34 AM
I really enjoyed GTA4, but if there's anything it doesn't need, it's more bike missions.

I'd pass even if it were on PS3.

Mok
02-17-09, 11:00 AM
To anyone who has played this... are there any sort of 'collectibles', like the hidden packages/pigeons/etc.? What about stunt jumps, collecting cars, or other 'checklist' style side activities?

There are suppose to be seagulls you can shoot instead of pigeons.

Liver&Onions
02-17-09, 11:13 AM
Penis alert.

<div style="width:500px; text-align:center"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="319" src="http://gamevideos.1up.com/swf/gamevideos12.swf?embedded=1&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;src=http://gamevideos.1up.com/do/videoListXML%3Fid%3D23672%26adPlay%3Dtrue" align="middle"></embed><a href="http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/23672" target="_blank">Grand Theft Auto 4: The Lost and Damned 'Full Frontal' clip</a></div>

Groucho
02-17-09, 11:20 AM
I really enjoyed GTA4, but if there's anything it doesn't need, it's more bike missions.What, you don't like being thrown 50 feet after lightly tapping the car in front of you?

murray731
02-17-09, 11:22 AM
I would normally agree, but all the previews I have seen (and the IGN video review) say the bikes are much, much improved. They handle better, it's near impossible to get thrown off, etc. Rockstar has also added some "Road Rash"-ish racing where you have a bat on the bike and are trying to smack the other guy off his bike.

I really enjoyed GTA4, but if there's anything it doesn't need, it's more bike missions.

superfro
02-17-09, 11:38 AM
Really looking forward to jumping back into GTAIV, but I'm sure I'll control the game like a monkey for a number of hours before I get the hang of everything again. Not looking forward to that so much.

As for the full frontal male nudity, I've actually noticed the increase in such in lots of mainstream movies and such as of the last year or two. It's the last boundry really. At some point you run out of things that shock the viewer. The penis seems to be the new shock flavor. (That may be the worst sentence I've ever typed.)

PopcornTreeCt
02-17-09, 11:38 AM

I'd agree, but since the main character isn't Niko I am down for it.

nickdawgy
02-17-09, 11:46 AM
I forgot about this. I'll have to download it sometime this week.

devilshalo
02-17-09, 01:12 PM
How big is the DLC?

fumanstan
02-17-09, 01:18 PM
Someone on CAG posted a pic of the "box" that you can buy -

http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=digipics129yp8.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/my.php?image=digipics130rz8.jpg

http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=digipics131fk0.jpg

Kicker_of_Elves
02-17-09, 01:27 PM
how big is the dlc?

1.8 gb

nickdawgy
02-17-09, 01:28 PM
Why are people so concerned about a box? It's like the people that get all bent out of shape over the regular and Greatest/Platinum Hits versions of games. What difference does it make? The game is still the same.

That being said, I was curious about the download. Can you choose between GTA IV and the LaD? I am going to play LaD but I still have to finish GTA IV, so I was wondering if it's possible. I hope you don't have to delete the DLC to play GTA IV.

fumanstan
02-17-09, 01:44 PM
Why are people so concerned about a box? It's like the people that get all bent out of shape over the regular and Greatest/Platinum Hits versions of games. What difference does it make? The game is still the same.

Who's concerned? Someone was just surprised that DLC was being sold in a box.

Gooter
02-17-09, 02:06 PM
Who's concerned? Someone was just surprised that DLC was being sold in a box.

Makes great sense from M$'s perspective. They want to make sure they get a good ROI on their exclusive arrangement. This way people who don't have Live can also get the DLC.

murray731
02-17-09, 02:18 PM
Makes great sense from M$'s perspective. They want to make sure they get a good ROI on their exclusive arrangement. This way people who don't have Live can also get the DLC.

Except for the fact that the box just contains a code to download the content from the marketplace.

devilshalo
02-17-09, 02:29 PM
Except for the fact that the box just contains a code to download the content from the marketplace.

But what Gooter is stating is that it comes with free trial 48 hours of LIVE for those that don't have silver or gold LIVE membership to be able to download it. So it's not alienating those that don't play online.

mhg83
02-17-09, 03:08 PM
Why? Because I think KZ2 is a better game and I would rather play that?

Sorry if i offended you but your statements come off as fanboyish

Did you actually play the dlc to know if its good or bad? Or are you just assuming its bad? KZ2 hasnt even come out yet. How can you say something is better if you havent even played the game yet?

Gooter
02-17-09, 03:29 PM
But what Gooter is stating is that it comes with free trial 48 hours of LIVE for those that don't have silver or gold LIVE membership to be able to download it. So it's not alienating those that don't play online.

Murray was right. LOL. I did not realize it was only a code and you still had to download. I thought it contained a CD.

Thanks for making me look smart though Dev! ;)

Tarantino
02-17-09, 03:32 PM
So...any new achievments?

= J

TheNightFlier
02-17-09, 03:36 PM

= J

Just played through the first couple of missions. Got one achievment just for completing the first mission. I'm sure there's quite a few more. It's pretty fun. I like the biker setting a lot.

This must be going on before/during Niko's missions since the one biker is dating Faustin's daughter.

fumanstan
02-17-09, 03:39 PM

= J

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/grand-theft-auto-iv/achievements/

Dean Kousoulas
02-17-09, 03:44 PM
I planned on downloading it this morning, but decided to go to Best Buy and get the box. I guess the OCD in me wanted the add-on on my shelf next to my GTAIV game.

Decker
02-17-09, 04:05 PM
I planned on downloading it this morning, but decided to go to Best Buy and get the box. I guess the OCD in me wanted the add-on on my shelf next to my GTAIV game.

You want an empty cardboard box that used to contain a download code on your shelf next to your GTA IV game? :hscratch:

Oh, BTW : Have fun paying sales tax unnecessarily!

chess
02-17-09, 04:13 PM
What, you don't like being thrown 50 feet after lightly tapping the car in front of you?

That was actually the closest I came to "fun" on the bikes.

My least fond memory from that whole game is riding that dirtbike down the beach while trying to shoot that damn boat...before knowing that they didn't WANT me to shoot the damn boat

Must've done that mission 25 times.

Ugh.

C-Mart
02-17-09, 04:36 PM
I would be all over this if it was on PS3. I haven't even unlocked the last area in GTAIV yet, so I've got plenty to keep me busy for a while.

PopcornTreeCt
02-17-09, 04:55 PM
How does it work? Download and load up your game? Does it just start up automatically?

nickdawgy
02-17-09, 05:26 PM
I just played a mission. Alot of fun just driving around, like the old GTA IV days. However the controls in the game remind me how spoiled we were with Saints Row 2. It is a royal pain in the ass to control the main character, and he can't sprint for shit.

The bikes and cars handle well, that was never an issue for me.

fumanstan
02-17-09, 05:50 PM
What, you don't like being thrown 50 feet after lightly tapping the car in front of you?

That was actually the closest I came to "fun" on the bikes.

My least fond memory from that whole game is riding that dirtbike down the beach while trying to shoot that damn boat...before knowing that they didn't WANT me to shoot the damn boat

Must've done that mission 25 times.

Ugh.

From IGN's review -

Several crucial gameplay tweaks were made for L&D. The most notable is a major tweaking of the motorcycles. Anyone who played GTA IV can tell you that the bikes can be a bitch to handle and that it's easy to get unseated from your ride. Because L&D stars a biker, things needed to change. Every bike handles better in L&D and a healthy number have been added so that there's plenty of variety available in Liberty City. More importantly, it's incredibly difficult to be thrown from your bike now. You pretty much need to run head-on into a wall to get tossed. You can bounce off medians, smack against other cars and pretty much run roughshod over Liberty City with little concern for being unseated.

PopcornTreeCt
02-17-09, 08:10 PM
As for the full frontal male nudity, I've actually noticed the increase in such in lots of mainstream movies and such as of the last year or two. It's the last boundry really. At some point you run out of things that shock the viewer. The penis seems to be the new shock flavor. (That may be the worst sentence I've ever typed.)

I'd be shocked to see some full frontal female nudity in a grand theft auto or Saints Row game. That would be a nice start.

Jam Master Jay
02-17-09, 09:12 PM
That being said, I was curious about the download. Can you choose between GTA IV and the LaD? I am going to play LaD but I still have to finish GTA IV, so I was wondering if it's possible. I hope you don't have to delete the DLC to play GTA IV.

I am kind of wondering about that too, I completed the story on GTA IV but want to wrap up a few achievements and get re-acquainted with the controls before jumping into LaD, that and with the 1600 point Microsoft point price tag it might have to wait until payday Friday anyway.

Snowmaker
02-17-09, 09:42 PM

Yeah, really! :lol:

I'm playing GTA4 right now and have to decide whether to kill Playboy X or Dwayne. Anyone know if there is a better choice?

Jam Master Jay
02-17-09, 09:47 PM
Kill Playboy X. You get to use his place as a safe house, plus you get Dwayne as a friend which has it's perks such as sending thugs to back you up when you call. From what I've heard you get nothing for killing Dwayne.

Tarantino
02-17-09, 09:49 PM
So...I bought the DLC at work today. I got home and popped in my GTA4 disc, and it won't play. It must have gotten beat up a little bit when I was moving.

Ugh. Now I have to see if Game Crazy can rebuff it for me, or I'm going to have to go the rental route.

= J

foxdvd
02-17-09, 10:48 PM
I never finished GTA4 (got about 60% done) because I just got tired of some of the game mechanics. I am one who thought Saints Row 2 was MILES better as far as fun goes. So far, about 4 hours in, I am having more fun with this then the actual GTA4 game. Some reviews say it is just not quite as epic as GTA4, and I can see that. The acting does not seems as polished, but the small changes to controls, and FINALLY bringing mid-mission check points (YEAH!) is the best thing they could have ever done. This is so far the greatest DLC yet.

If this is a 12-15 hour game (never sure with DLC to you actually play it) it will put 80% of the $60 full releases to shame.

DRG
02-18-09, 12:01 AM
I'm enjoying the overall setting of the game better than GTA4 so far. The intro/opening credits are probably my favorite of any GTA game.

nickdawgy
02-18-09, 01:30 AM
I liked the opening credits, too.

HotThang
02-18-09, 05:29 AM
New "biker" clothes are available for your avatar to celebrate the LATD release.

Gdrlv
02-18-09, 08:38 AM
So...I bought the DLC at work today. I got home and popped in my GTA4 disc, and it won't play. It must have gotten beat up a little bit when I was moving.

Ugh. Now I have to see if Game Crazy can rebuff it for me, or I'm going to have to go the rental route.

= J

FWIW, I originally bought GTA IV for the PS3 and recently found a copy for the 360 at Blockbuster for $10.

superfro
02-18-09, 10:18 AM
Is anyone else having any problems with the DLC? I got to play maybe 5 minutes total in an hour last night between it not launching or freezing.

I deleted and downloaded again and still having the problems. I messed around with the regular GTA and it was fine, but when I tried the DLC it would either never launch and continue to just cycle the loading pics, or it would run for a few minutes and freeze. :(

FuQ
02-18-09, 10:33 AM
I downloaded it yesterday and it is 2GB and took 5 hours to download. There must of been a ton of people downloading it. I played the first mission and it is pretty fun so far. It asks you at the beginning if you want to play the Lost and the Damned. You can select no and just play GTA IV.

foxdvd
02-18-09, 09:02 PM
man is this game good....still loving it 8 hours in.

TheNightFlier
02-18-09, 10:21 PM
Finished up the main storyline, shorter than I expected but a lot of fun. Still have a couple Stubb's missions, gang wars, and races to mess around with.

A couple minor things:

They torch the clubhouse at the end which annoyed me. It beat the hell out of all of Niko's safehouses. Can't go to any of the arm wrestling spots without getting attacked. That just seems weird.

discostu1337
02-18-09, 10:38 PM
Man, I wish I could play this but the game just freezes during the 1st mission every time. I remember GTA IV being lame, but at least it allowed me to play...this is ridiculous. I can play 40 hours of Saint's Row 2 and never have it freeze on me. I'm installing GTA IV to my HD in hopes that it fixes it, but I doubt it...best $20 I ever spent...good thing I can go return it.

superfro
02-19-09, 12:47 AM
Man, I wish I could play this but the game just freezes during the 1st mission every time. I remember GTA IV being lame, but at least it allowed me to play...this is ridiculous. I can play 40 hours of Saint's Row 2 and never have it freeze on me. I'm installing GTA IV to my HD in hopes that it fixes it, but I doubt it...best $20 I ever spent...good thing I can go return it.

Not that it fixes anything for either of us, but I'm glad to know I'm not alone at least. I get about 5 minutes in and it freezes. I've deleted and re-downloaded the thing 3 times now and it's still always the same. Really I have no idea what to do. :(

PopcornTreeCt
02-19-09, 01:38 AM
I was playing it a bit tonight. Didn't have any problem freezing. I've been playing Saints Row 2 lately and that was a mistake to go from that to this. The graphics are better but good God, the controls are terrible. Yes, the guy never falls off his bike but that isn't really addressing the problem. On foot, I can't believe how slow he moves. Even "sprint" is slow as hell. I do like the storyline and the characters better but it's hard adjusting. I haven't played GTAIV in about 9 months.

discostu1337
02-19-09, 01:56 AM
So it seems to be running now that I installed GTA IV. You're right about how slow the game is...wow. Holding "A" to run is a joke...more like hold "A" to walk at every other video games normal speed.

nickdawgy
02-19-09, 02:20 AM
I was playing it a bit tonight. Didn't have any problem freezing. I've been playing Saints Row 2 lately and that was a mistake to go from that to this. The graphics are better but good God, the controls are terrible. Yes, the guy never falls off his bike but that isn't really addressing the problem. On foot, I can't believe how slow he moves. Even "sprint" is slow as hell. I do like the storyline and the characters better but it's hard adjusting. I haven't played GTAIV in about 9 months.

Exactly how I felt. I hate to be on foot. I thought I was walking when I was sprinting. It's a pain to move the camera on foot.

Mok
02-19-09, 01:44 PM
There is a free Lost & Damned Registration gamer pic ,it's a bitch to find online. So I dug up the link. It's a pic of Johnny incase anyone was wondering.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/022f000b-0000-4000-8000-0000475207f5?cid=SLink

dvd182
02-19-09, 09:25 PM
So it seems to be running now that I installed GTA IV. You're right about how slow the game is...wow. Holding "A" to run is a joke...more like hold "A" to walk at every other video games normal speed.

Sorry if you know this, but holding A only makes him like half-jog. You have to repeatedly push A to get him to run/sprint.

I really liked the expansion and can't wait for the follow up, which will probably feature: Luis. Hopefully there are more cameos by other characters we met in vanilla GTA4.

Also, stick around for the credits on this one; it shows some cool scenes that tie together the scope of the characters.

discostu1337
02-19-09, 10:54 PM
Yeah...the running is still really slow though, and the cars are slow...getting into a car is slow...picking yourself off the ground is slow. I just forgot how slow and boring GTA was. The DLC is definitely worth 20 bucks though if you like the original GTA IV....its pretty much the same game...but on bikes. I was hoping for more diversity in missions, but it was the same stuff as GTA IV. Go get this/meet me here, oh shit bad things happened, kill the guys/lose the cops...repeat.

fumanstan
02-19-09, 11:30 PM
I won't get this until tomorrow from Amazon, but is Johnny slower then Niko? Or are people just complaining about the same stuff from GTA4?

Tarantino
02-20-09, 01:29 AM
Yeah, same stuff.

If you like GTA, you'll like the DLC. I think it's pretty fun, and VERY COOL to have a new chapter in the same city. The double barrel sawed-off you start with is great at close range.

= J

Groucho
02-20-09, 04:01 PM
Just got my order from Amazon -- and no 3 month card was in the package! :mad:

nickdawgy
02-20-09, 04:24 PM
Complain, and you'll probably get a $10 off coupon or something as well as the card.

superfro
02-20-09, 04:40 PM
I can't believe how utterly infuriating it is to have my GTA DLC not only not work, but to have no recourse on top of it. I've redownloaded the thing 3 times, cleared my cache about 10, and it still consistently freezes after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. Not having any other system issues of any sort. At least I'm glad that nobody else around here is having to deal with it. :(

dvd182
02-20-09, 09:31 PM
I can't believe how utterly infuriating it is to have my GTA DLC not only not work, but to have no recourse on top of it. I've redownloaded the thing 3 times, cleared my cache about 10, and it still consistently freezes after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. Not having any other system issues of any sort. At least I'm glad that nobody else around here is having to deal with it. :(

Do you have a 20 GB hard drive and have (relatively) low space left on the drive? I've heard varying reports that people with either of these were having a tough time with freezes and issues with the media streaming into the game properly.

Rival11
02-21-09, 10:53 AM
Finally started playng the lost & the damned last night - this is how Nikko's take should have been.

Things are available right off the bat - friends are already in your phone with all options available, at anytime you can call a bro and meet him in an alley to buy some weapons, the characters are well fleshed out and make the game feel completely different, the controls seem better during shoot-outs (i.e. you don't have to look around too much when a shoot-out starts), you're literally "glued" to your bike so say goodbye to hitting a stone and falling off, there are new comedy acts at split sides, playing air hockey with clay (you HAVE to play with CLAY) will make you piss your pants laughing, there is less traffic this time around, the story takes place the same time as Nikko's which makes for some kick ass scenes and in-game action, the new music kicks ass, and sooo much more.

This is well worth the $20 spent and it feels like a steal as the game feels brand new to me. A lot of people (myseld included) do not like the "noise effect" which places a grain in the game - I see what Rockstar was trying to do and to be honest, it works in a lot of the cut-scenes and some of the run down areas of liberty city but as a whole, it's not that effective and I did turn it off.

I love it - the game just moves along at a good pace and is a lot of fun to play.

The best part for me is that I got rid of my gold membership because I no longer join friends to play online so I was very happy to see that with a free (silver) membership, I can still download the DLC, do all the goofy avatar stuff, still message my friends just to say what's up. Microsoft could have easily done thier usual "You need a gold membership to download the DLC" but they didn't :up:

nickdawgy
02-21-09, 04:09 PM
I turned off the noise effect, too. It was cool to see Niko in a mission last night. Makes me want to finish up the main story. I only got as far as the bank heist mission.

CKMorpheus
02-21-09, 06:33 PM
I'm having a blast with it. Didn't realize there were new acts at the comedy club. I gotta try Air Hockey. It'd be nice if there were more variety the missions, but you know what, blowing shit up never gets old.

PopcornTreeCt
02-21-09, 08:34 PM
It's like you're playing air hockey in slow motion and I still lost.

I hope Saints Row 2 has DLC comparable to this set.

nickdawgy
02-22-09, 12:14 AM
Is there DLC coming out for Saints Row 2?

Adiras
02-22-09, 11:35 AM
I turned off the noise effect, too. It was cool to see Niko in a mission last night. Makes me want to finish up the main story. I only got as far as the bank heist mission.

I just beat the bank heist mission this morning after putting it off for as long as possible after my first try. Totally worth it, opens up alot of other stuff to do, and wasn't as hard as people make it out to be.

Gdrlv
02-23-09, 05:00 PM
The expansion is good with one exception...

I don't like a single character in the game. Niko and Roman were sympathetic and likable protagonists. Hell, even most of the "villains" were funny and not grating. Johnny Klebitz and Billy Grey are the opposite for me. I'm not interested in what happens to them. Actually, I take that back - I want to see bad things happen to both of them.

PopcornTreeCt
02-23-09, 05:08 PM
Is there DLC coming out for Saints Row 2?

Yup.

I keep checking back with Saints Row's official website and the one guy there from Volition says they're working on it and it's taking longer than they expected. So, I expect it to be more than just new clothes or vehicles.

nickdawgy
02-23-09, 06:24 PM
The expansion is good with one exception...

I don't like a single character in the game. Niko and Roman were sympathetic and likable protagonists. Hell, even most of the "villains" were funny and not grating. Johnny Klebitz and Billy Grey are the opposite for me. I'm not interested in what happens to them. Actually, I take that back - I want to see bad things happen to both of them.

I like Johnny alot. He seems to be laid back, and confused. Like he wants to be a bad ass biker but a nice guy at the same time.

nickdawgy
02-23-09, 06:26 PM
Yup.

I keep checking back with Saints Row's official website and the one guy there from Volition says they're working on it and it's taking longer than they expected. So, I expect it to be more than just new clothes or vehicles.

I traded my copy of the game in awhile back after I finished it. Still had alot of achivements to unlock, though. If it's a whole new episode like TLAD, then I might have to buy the game again, and go for another ride through Stilwater.

superfro
02-24-09, 12:37 AM
Do you have a 20 GB hard drive and have (relatively) low space left on the drive? I've heard varying reports that people with either of these were having a tough time with freezes and issues with the media streaming into the game properly.

I do have the 20GB, but have like 2 GB free, which I would hope would be enough to run the damn thing. :(

Jam Master Jay
02-24-09, 11:13 AM
Yeah I have been having the same freezing problem. It's really annoying that I can actually get it to play and it will freeze during a mission. I also have the 20gb HD. I have 9.9 gb free so I cleared about a 1gb worth of stuff this morning and am hoping that will be enough to run it.

devilshalo
02-24-09, 11:42 AM
I hate my bike. So much easier to jack a car and run over the AOD.

Anubis2005X
02-24-09, 12:09 PM
Any word if this is ever coming to PS3? Or is this exclusive for all time?

Chew
02-24-09, 12:13 PM
Any word if this is ever coming to PS3? Or is this exclusive for all time?

I had the same question.

devilshalo
02-24-09, 12:29 PM
I thought it was exclusive content for the 360 only?!

fumanstan
02-24-09, 12:31 PM

I thought so as well. And I think there were supposed to be two of them.

Anubis2005X
02-24-09, 12:37 PM

True, but it often seems like these exclusive deals are only for certain amounts of time. Remember how Resident Evil 4 came out "exclusively" on the GameCube for awhile, and then, sure enough, it was ported to the PS2?

If not, no big deal. I'm still not done with GTA IV, but it'd still be cool if I could play the expansion.

devilshalo
02-24-09, 02:03 PM
True, but it often seems like these exclusive deals are only for certain amounts of time. Remember how Resident Evil 4 came out "exclusively" on the GameCube for awhile, and then, sure enough, it was ported to the PS2?

If not, no big deal. I'm still not done with GTA IV, but it'd still be cool if I could play the expansion.

I can kinda see if they maybe combine the future "episodes" and release it as a disc for the PS3.

nickdawgy
02-24-09, 04:55 PM
It'll be out for the PS3 eventually. Same with the DLC for Fallout 3.

I am on the last part of the game, tough level. For the most part, the missions have been fun. The checkpoints really helped out alot.

bee_01
02-24-09, 05:00 PM
Didn't MS pay around $50 million for the DLC rights? That's a lot if it's just timed exclusivity for a game add-on.

Luis Lopez is rumored to be the main character for the 2nd expansion.

Rival11
02-24-09, 10:09 PM
I hate my bike. So much easier to jack a car and run over the AOD.

Yeah but riding in formation gives you free, full health

Gunde
02-25-09, 01:46 AM
Didn't MS pay around $50 million for the DLC rights?
Yes. Microsoft paid R* $50 million to make 2 DLC episode packs exclusively for Xbox Live.
It's not coming to the PC or PS3

Anubis2005X
02-25-09, 07:09 AM
It's not coming to the PC or PS3

:(

devilshalo
02-25-09, 11:58 AM
Yeah but riding in formation gives you free, full health

It's really hard picking up a hooker while you're on a bike. :mad:

sauce07
02-25-09, 12:58 PM
anybody else feel that MS payed way too much for the rights to this? Paying $50 million for something that cost $20 to download means 2.5 million people have to download both one of the two. I know GTA sells alot, but I don't think that many people want to go back and download the expansion.

superfro
02-25-09, 01:20 PM
anybody else feel that MS payed way too much for the rights to this? Paying $50 million for something that cost $20 to download means 2.5 million people have to download both one of the two. I know GTA sells alot, but I don't think that many people want to go back and download the expansion.

I'm sure they're thinking much "bigger picture" than the simple act of people actually buying the DLC. I'm sure they're also banking on the fact that at least some folks made the decision to go with a 360, or at least the 360 version, based on that information alone. Even if those folks don't end up buying the DLC later, they've at least invested in MS on the front end.

dsa_shea
02-25-09, 01:30 PM

I know it shows that they back their system but it also reeks of being desperate to control the market. I really don't see this DLC exclusivity as a make or break for either system. It would be nice to play it on the PS3 but come Friday a lot of PS3 users will be in the Killzone. 50 million is a lot of scratched for an expansion. Hell, 50 million would even be a lot for a title built from the ground up and selling for full retail.

Anubis2005X
02-25-09, 01:46 PM
If MS wants my money, all they have to do is bring Killer Instinct 3 exclusively to their system. No way could I resist that...

EDIT: Are they really planning another expansion for GTAIV? How long is Lost & the Damned?

fumanstan
02-25-09, 01:52 PM
I think when Microsoft announced the deal they were still thinking that the PS3 was going to be a lot bigger then it turned out to be. They probably felt they needed to make some splashes, and exclusive GTA anything would help that along. Come 2009 they're far ahead of Sony and probably won't be losing their lead anytime soon so in hindsight it probably wasn't as necessary.

bee_01
02-25-09, 07:43 PM
Don't see this mentioned much but the addon adds a ton of awesome music. Styx!

bunkaroo
02-25-09, 08:11 PM
Picked a used copy of GTA IV for 360 (already had PS3) for $20 so cost me $40 to play the expansion. Looks fun so far. The riding in formation threw me at first.

nickdawgy
02-25-09, 11:32 PM
I always rode ahead of the pack. Pissed the leader off big time.

sauce07
02-26-09, 08:54 AM
Extended Soundtrack

Liberty Rock Radio 97.8
DJ : Iggy Pop

Nazareth - "Hair of the Dog"
Styx - "Renegad- "Saturday Night Special"
The James Gang - "Funk e"
Rod Stewart - "Every Picture Tells a Story"
Lynyrd Skynyrd #49"
The Edgar Winter Group - "Free Ride"
Aerosmith - "Lord of the Thighs"
Deep Purple - "Highway Star"
AC/DC - "Touch Too Much"
Foghat - "Drivin' Wheel"
The Doors - "Five to One"
Alice Cooper - "Go to Hell"
Jefferson Starship - "Jane"
Iron Maiden - "Run to the Hills"
Mötley Crüe - "Wild Side"
Saxon - "Wheels of Steel"
The Doobie Brothers - "China Grove"
Bon Jovi - "Wanted Dead or Alive"

Liberty City Hardcore
DJ: Max Cavalera , Genre: Trash/Death Metal

At the Gates - "Slaughter of the Soul"
Drive By Audio - "Jailbait"
Celtic Frost - "Inner Sanctum"
Entombed - "Drowned"
Sepultura - "Dead Embryonic Cells"
Deicide - "Dead by Dawn"
Cannibal Corpse - "I Cum Blood"
Bathory - "Call From the Grave"
Kreator - "Awakening of the Gods"
Terrorizer - "Fear of Napalm"

Beat 102.7
DJs: Funk Flex & Statik Selektah

STATIK SELEKTAH SHOW

Termanology - "Here in Liberty City"
Freeway - "Car Jack"
Saigon - "Spit"
Skyzoo - "The Chase Is On"
Consequence - "I Hear Footsteps"
Talib Kweli - "My Favorite Song"
FUNKMASTER FLEX SHOW

Busta Rhymes feat. Ron Browz - "Arab Money"
Busta Rhymes feat. Young Jeezy & Jadakiss - "Conglomerate"
T.I. feat. Swizz Beatz - "Swing Ya Rag"
Ron Browz - "Jumping Out the Window"
DJ Khaled feat. Kanye West & T-Pain - "Go Hard"
Kardinal Offishall feat. Akon & Sean Paul - "Dangerous (Remix)"
John Legend feat. Andre 3000 - "Green Light"
Kanye West - "Love Lockdown"
BONUS TRACK

B.o.B. - "Auto-Tune"
E.P - "Kill It"

Radio Broker
DJ: Juliette Lewis

Blonde Acid Cult - "Shake It Loose"
Kill Memory Crash - "Hell on Wheels"
Magic Dirt - "Get Ready to Die"
Brazilian Girls - "Nouveau Americain"
Freeland - "Borderline"
Kreeps - "The Hunger (Blood in My Mouth)"
Japanther - "Radical Businessman"
Foxylane - "Command"
Monotonix - "Body Language"
Game Rebellion - "Dance Girl (GTA MIX)"
The Yelling - "Blood on the Steps"
The Jane Shermans - "I Walk Alone"

WKTT
Martin Serious Show

devilshalo
02-26-09, 12:03 PM
Wasn't there a way to make the text on your phone bigger? I can hardly read it.

I've had to force myself to go off mission so I can go make some money... I'm thinking I can't do the same things I did as Niko? Like stealing cars and taking it to the same chop shop?

Gunde
02-27-09, 04:54 AM
EDIT: Are they really planning another expansion for GTAIV? How long is Lost & the Damned?
About one third of the length of the original game. And yes there's another expansion on the way

Rival11
02-28-09, 10:49 PM
Wasn't there a way to make the text on your phone bigger? I can hardly read it.

I've had to force myself to go off mission so I can go make some money... I'm thinking I can't do the same things I did as Niko? Like stealing cars and taking it to the same chop shop?

Just go back to the Clubhouse and win a bunch of arm wrestling matches - you'll be at $1000 in no time.

Also, as far as weapons go, just have Terry leave a weapon (selected through your phone) at the clubhouse for you instead of calling for the van - if you pick the micro-sg he will leave you the gun with 1200 rounds.

Rival11
03-01-09, 12:34 PM
Here's the opening credits - just thought it would be cool to see them since it's available:

<object width="425" height="267"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.gamepro.com/bin/vid-bin/octPlayer.swf?vId=132881&p=e&ae=d"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="false"></param><embed src="http://www.gamepro.com/bin/vid-bin/octPlayer.swf?vId=132881&p=e&ae=d" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="false" width="425" height="267"></embed></object>

dino88
04-24-10, 01:27 PM
I guess it's time to revive this thread since it was just recently released for the PS3.

I've got a question about the races. I just finished the 12th (and last) race, but I never got a call/message from Terry or any recognition that I won all 12. All that happened was the race icon for the 12th race (Bohan Beach) showed back up on the map. I raced and won again, but still nothing. Are you meant to get anything from completing all the races?

Rival11
04-24-10, 01:42 PM
I guess it's time to revive this thread since it was just recently released for the PS3.

I've got a question about the races. I just finished the 12th (and last) race, but I never got a call/message from Terry or any recognition that I won all 12. All that happened was the race icon for the 12th race (Bohan Beach) showed back up on the map. I raced and won again, but still nothing. Are you meant to get anything from completing all the races?

Check to see if there is a new vehicle (crotch rocket) outside of your safehouse - it's kind of hidden in some bushes right in the front of your house.

- if it's there, it will be there every time you save your game (i.e. take a nap) just like your Hexer.

dino88
04-24-10, 02:22 PM
Yeah, it was there. It showed up on the side of the clubhouse in the back of the alley (I don't have another safehouse...yet?). Thanks Rival11. Time to get into some more gang wars. I can't stand the last couple guys that scurry like rats.

Rival11
04-24-10, 03:02 PM
Yeah, it was there. It showed up on the side of the clubhouse in the back of the alley (I don't have another safehouse...yet?). Thanks Rival11. Time to get into some more gang wars. I can't stand the last couple guys that scurry like rats.

Oh, sorry, I may have given ya a little spoiler there then. And acutally, did you complete all the bike deliveries (not races)? The reason why I ask is because I think that's actually why you got the Bhatti - I myself have never finished the races (just don't like 'em although in the ballad of gay of tony they are awesome).

dino88
04-24-10, 03:48 PM
Oh, sorry, I may have given ya a little spoiler there then. And acutally, did you complete all the bike deliveries (not races)? The reason why I ask is because I think that's actually why you got the Bhatti - I myself have never finished the races (just don't like 'em although in the ballad of gay of tony they are awesome).

Don't worry about it. I assumed I'd get a new place sooner or later. I haven't done any deliveries yet, although I was told to call Angus for a job. I'm sure that's what he wants. I think I'll hold off on those until I finish the gang wars.

I just finished the prison bus mission. Damn that shit was hard trying to lose the cops. I'm finding these missions much more difficult than Nikko's storyline missions.

Rival11
04-25-10, 12:12 PM
Don't worry about it. I assumed I'd get a new place sooner or later. I haven't done any deliveries yet, although I was told to call Angus for a job. I'm sure that's what he wants. I think I'll hold off on those until I finish the gang wars.

I just finished the prison bus mission. Damn that shit was hard trying to lose the cops. I'm finding these missions much more difficult than Nikko's storyline missions.

The coolest thing about these missions as it's something they brought more up front on the expansion games is the ability to go about missions in different ways for example....did you run right up to the bus to hijack it or did you wait for it to pull away? If you ran right up to it, you get a cutscene showing some hannable like dude biting one of the guards - you don't get that if you wait for the bus to leave.

Also, while driving the bus, I loved holding the B button down for the in-bus view.

That's prob the hardest mission of the game (along with one other one) but I actually find the missions much more streamlined and not really easier but layed out better with more options to complete them then in Nikko's story.

dino88
04-25-10, 01:48 PM
I tried both ways, so yeah I saw the cutscene. There's even a story on the GTA internet about Hannibal being on the loose. I don't know how you're able to intercept the bus after it's already on it's way to the prison. You can't shoot it because you may kill a prisoner and if you drive in front of the bus it just rams straight through you. I eventually passed it by shooting my way through the police and driving around for about 15 minutes until I lost them.

I just finished the mission with the Chinese. I think I'm going to finish all the gang wars before doing another storyline mission. I've done something like 12 so far.

A little off topic, but I'm really annoyed that while driving you can't aim your gun without firing. I always waste the first couple of shots before getting my target in site and those first couple of shots always alert whoever I'm trying to kill.

Rival11
04-25-10, 02:12 PM
I tried both ways, so yeah I saw the cutscene. There's even a story on the GTA internet about Hannibal being on the loose. I don't know how you're able to intercept the bus after it's already on it's way to the prison. You can't shoot it because you may kill a prisoner and if you drive in front of the bus it just rams straight through you. I eventually passed it by shooting my way through the police and driving around for about 15 minutes until I lost them.

I just finished the mission with the Chinese. I think I'm going to finish all the gang wars before doing another storyline mission. I've done something like 12 so far.

A little off topic, but I'm really annoyed that while driving you can't aim your gun without firing. I always waste the first couple of shots before getting my target in site and those first couple of shots always alert whoever I'm trying to kill.

Yeah, it's tough but you get better the more you do it (I beat tlad twice - once on the download then once again on the episodes from liberty city disc (cause i cleared my hard drive).

You definitely play a different way then I do - I always try to finish the story first - that's what I dig about the game though, there is so much to do - also, when you do definitely beat it (don't worry, no spoilers here) just remember to keep calling Stubbs (who is in your cell phone) for some cool stuff after the main game.

The internet is cool to (yes, I caught the hannible dude as well) as it updates as the game goes on - it's also cool because after you beat the story mode - the front page always displays a headline to relate to the exact moment your story ends and where Nikko's keeps going - nice little touch.

You can stop the bus while it's already moving by taking the driver out.

Rival11
04-25-10, 02:13 PM
Also Dino, have you played The Ballad of Gay Tony yet? If not, you will love it, the game takes on a completely different feel and once again has a ton of shit to do in it.

dino88
04-25-10, 03:08 PM
I bought the disc version so it has both TLAD and Gay Tony on it, but I haven't started it yet. I think the reason I play the way I do is because I don't want the game to end. The story missions are my favorite part and I'm saving them for last. I do the same thing with shows recorded on my dvr.

For anyone interested in getting this Best Buy has a $10 off coupon for Reward Zone members (which is free to join). The coupon expires 5/1.