Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

My JVC 511 player will not play Heavy Metal.

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

My JVC 511 player will not play Heavy Metal.

Old 04-03-00, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the second disk of Heavy metal that I have tried. Does anyone have a clue about what could be wrong?
Old 04-04-00, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Have you tried rebooting it? I have a 701 and have rebooted it twice. I don't know if the procedure for the 501 and 701 will work for your player. The 701 is a nice machine, even if it needs the boot from time to time.

Call the JVC repair center in Aurora, Il. One of their techs should know, or, if you want to take a chance, let me know and I'll post the reboot in this topic. Tomorrow.
Old 04-04-00, 07:39 PM

I also agree that you should try to reboot your DVD player. I have the 501 and I have had a similar problem and this is what I did -

First, turn on the machine. Then, hold the On Screen and Menu buttons at the same time while unplugging the power cord, then plug it back in while still holding the On Screen and Menu button. When the machine comes back on, it should read TEST JC3. At this point, press the Enter button and the resume light should come on.

Now, shut off the machine and turn it back on. Then try to play a movie. If you have no luck with this, notify JVC.

FYI: The old version of Cruel Intentions is what caused my machine to do this. The movie was recalled for this reason and a new version (diff model #) is on the market.
Old 04-04-00, 10:06 PM

I tried the reboot but I could not get the reboot to work. I have the 511. I don't know if it makes a difference.
Old 04-06-00, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

...Morningwood..

Edios gave you the same procedure that I have used for my 701. My machine, however, displays a "JC2" instead of a "JC3". I don't know if that matters.

Also, I used a simple ac toggle switch to shut off all power to the machine and you may need someone's help for five seconds.

And, I have rebooted my 701 when it was operating normally. No red "JCx" appeared.

And you have the Houston phone # I mailed you. Let us know what your experience is.
Old 04-07-00, 11:20 PM
Banned

how do you get cable on jvc i got one to i think its awsome it has theater sound to i tryed to get cable but no luck

------------------
the dvd system is 1#